Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen (1030 Views)

Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? / Don Jazzy Replies Man Who Says Wizkid Is Overrated / Wizkid Is Sick, Cancels His Tour And Begs His Fans To Pray For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by fattycoal90: 1:11am On Oct 20, 2017
Let us talk about the ‘babanla’ himself, From becoming the most streamed African artist on Spotify to releasing Sounds From the Other Side and most recently holding a sold-out show at the Royal Albert Hall in London.

He was also recently nominated for the MOBO Awards, Best African Act category along side Wande cole and a host of others. (READ HERE)

The Ojuelegbe crooner has been on a roller-coaster of ‘records-smashing’ and the list of his achievements is endless. These achievements led fans to draw comparisons between Wizkid and Afrobeats maestro Fela some weeks ago.

Claiming that Wizkid has surpassed Fela to become the greatest musician in the African continent. The big question is; does the quality of his songs match the hype around his name?

Is Wizkid overrated?

Drop your honest opinion below.

source:http://www.shelegangan.com/2017/10/fellow-sheleganganites-do-you-think.html

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by NIGHTMAREOO7: 2:07am On Oct 20, 2017
Ofcoz yez
Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Amberon11: 5:11am On Oct 20, 2017
the honest truth is that wizkid used to be very talented but now all his songs are starting to sound the same or have the same flow. Its not new anyways, talent always fades with time. same happened with chris brown and most people cant even stand his music anymore.

the musicians i think deserve all the hype are psquare. we underrate those guys mehn.. Over twelve years and theyre still very much relevant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 20, 2017
Wizkid impresses only those who understand "Yoruba language

Though he has a killer voice but the lyrics is usually childish

Most clubs in the. East are dope without playing any of his songs

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by shadrach77: 8:11am On Oct 20, 2017
Wizkid is not even as great as King Sunny Ade. Overrated if you ask me.

His mistake was leaving the tutelage of Banky W thinking he had become Michael Jackson. Had he remained for a while he would be unstoppable now.

I rate Davido above him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Sharplakezy(m): 8:57am On Oct 20, 2017
shadrach77:
Wizkid is not even as great as King Sunny Ade. Overrated if you ask me.

His mistake was leaving the tutelage of Banky W thinking he had become Michael Jackson. Had he remained for a while he would be unstoppable now.

I rate Davido above him
which davido??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Sharplakezy(m): 8:58am On Oct 20, 2017
OGACLO:
Wizkid impresses only those who understand "Yoruba language

Though he has a killer voice but the lyrics is usually childish

Most clubs in the. East are dope without playing any of his songs
95% percent of his sound from the other side album ain't youraba. listen to songs with your hear
Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Hykis(m): 9:04am On Oct 20, 2017
well for me wizkid is just a guy known for is Afro hip pop music...all his songs ar same sound same same everything...tho it was a love b4 bt nw it's gettin wack nd unpleasant to d ear cus he doesn't like to change patterns he shuld at least change patterns somtime.. for me i would say he is talented bt he's nt musically oriented.....he can never be compared to or compared with Fella
Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Hykis(m): 9:09am On Oct 20, 2017
Sharplakezy:
which davido??
why i like davido is, any patterns of music comes his way he'll kill it!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 20, 2017
Hykis:

Yes kill it with his frog voice. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by BrutalJab: 9:20am On Oct 20, 2017
Wizkid is so so overrated and over hyped too.
Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Hykis(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2017
Rokia2:

Yes kill it with his frog voice. grin
see dis one, abeg pack well jhor...shey u go no say na frog voice he get if u dey hear him song

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by milaso: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2017
Hykis:

NA MUMU U BE, WIZKID KILL ANY BEAT MORE THAN HIM
IF DAVIDO KILL ANY MUSIC Y IS HE COMPLAINING THAT SONY MUSIC WANT TO CHANGE IS SOUND, because HE ONLY KILL PON PON SOUND THATS Y.
MY DEAR DNT COMPARE THE 2 OF THEM because WIZZY IS FAR FAR TALENTED THAN THE FROG VOICE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 20, 2017
Hykis:

see dis one, abeg pack well jhor...shey u go no say na frog voice him get if u dey hear him song

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Hykis(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2017
milaso:

NA MUMU U BE, WIZKID KILL ANY BEAT MORE THAN HIM
IF DAVIDO KILL ANY MUSIC Y IS HE COMPLAINING THAT SONY MUSIC WANT TO CHANGE IS SOUND, because HE ONLY KILL PON PON SOUND THATS Y.
MY DEAR DNT COMPARE THE 2 OF THEM because WIZZY IS FAR FAR TALENTED THAN THE FROG VOICE
chai!! dis guy already misquoted me sha......i reserved my comment
Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Sharplakezy(m): 6:11am On Oct 21, 2017
Hykis:

no no, don't go that way. we all know davido ain't versatile, he buys songs. wizkid does it better
Re: Fellow Nairaland, Do You Think Wizkid Is Overrated (drop Your Honest Commen by Daviewonder(m): 8:52am On Oct 21, 2017
Amberon11:
the honest truth is that wizkid used to be very talented but now all his songs are starting to sound the same or have the same flow. Its not new anyways, talent always fades with time. same happened with chris brown and most people cant even stand his music anymore.

the musicians i think deserve all the hype are psquare. we underrate those guys mehn.. Over twelve years and theyre still very much relevant.
Psquare?? Overrated you meant!

(1) (Reply)

Singer Waconzy Comes For Bobrisky Over Poor Spelling / Have You Seen This "Sliced Face Illusion" Inspired Makeup Look By Chidinma ? / I Love This Pussy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.