Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,104 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York (41682 Views)

Davido: How I Got Nas To Record A Verse On My Album (video) / M.I Abaga Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today / M.I Abaga Comes For Ycee Who Shared Negative Story About His Record Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by SylvesterRichie(m): 2:11am On Oct 20, 2017
M.I Abaga and his record label, Chocolate City, are suing Queenbridge legend Nas, real name Nasir Jones.

M.I and Chocolate City have filed a lawsuit in New York State Supreme Court claiming Nas didn’t deliver the verse they wanted. In the lawsuit, which was filed in the New York State Supreme Court, Nas and Mass Appeal Records’ Ronnie Goodman are accused of duping Chocolate City after they had paid the rapper $50,000 for the verse.

According to the lawsuit, in 2013, Nas and Goodman entered an agreement to contribute a verse to a track from M.I. The details of the deal were that Nas was supposed to mention “M.I, Chocolate City, Nigeria, Queens, New York—NAS’s hometown—, Mandela, Trayvon Martin, and the struggles of Africans and African Americans” in his verse.

Nas went on to deliver a verse but it didn’t mention any of the subject matter Chocolate City had asked for.The Nigerian label requested that the Queens rapper to re-record the verse, and three year later, it hasn’t happened despite them delivering the $50,000 payment. Hence, that’s why they’re now suing him, they mention.

In the lawsuit, Chocolate City is very complementary to Nas. They called him “a highly respected lyricist in the music industry” and wrote that they wanted a verse from him “because of NAS’s exceptional talent as a lyric writer.” Unfortunately, according to Chocolate City, that talent and lyricism was not evident in the verse they got.

Check out screenshots of the suit in the gallery below.

Source; VibezNg

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Zamad(m): 2:30am On Oct 20, 2017
GHENGHEN.........WHY BOTHER WITH NAS WHEN SERIKI OUR BOY DEY AVAILABLE TO DROP WHOLE BIBLE SEF NOT JUST VERSE

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by atilla(m): 2:56am On Oct 20, 2017
Paying a foreign artist 50k for a verse?

Guess they trying to o make sure they don't get a recycled verse by ensuring he mentions chocolate city and M.I but this cash is a lot to go and pay a foreign artist.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Lamzee(m): 3:32am On Oct 20, 2017
I think Chocolate City are broke, who knows how much Star Boy Entertainment are Paying now,but if they are not making huge income, they won't be paying that large amount of money to feature Artist

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Elnino4ladies: 3:44am On Oct 20, 2017
So Nigeria artists pay that high for international collaboration? shocked shocked

32 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by dahunsy(f): 3:52am On Oct 20, 2017
Coughs**clears throat# Olamide was right after all saying he wud rather stay local than pay any foreign artist heavly for a verse....Lolsss this M.I guy iz trying hard buh i guess NAS himself can smell his fake ass continent afar off grin how wud u pay whooping $50k just for M.I Chocolate city Nigeria grin grin Queens bridge Nas bla bla to be mentioned in a verse grin idris abdulkareem can say this naa....even Vic's O or speed Darlington grin grin

204 Likes 11 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by BreezyCB(m): 4:20am On Oct 20, 2017
Nas

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by itchie: 4:28am On Oct 20, 2017
$50,000? Shiiiit!!!! Abeg who dey find person wey go drop verse for him song. Contact me o, dropping verses on songs is my hubby.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by chriskosherbal(m): 4:29am On Oct 20, 2017
Hmmm $50 for a verse ...wow

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Pappyto: 4:33am On Oct 20, 2017
I just got 250 thousand dollars for a verse nigga!
iono, is it me, or it's your thirst nigga?
niggas ain't got no joint
like injured Chris Paul you ain't got no point.

Nicki Minaj.

29 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by ebukahandsome(m): 5:55am On Oct 20, 2017
Vector Tha viper and jesse jags are simply outstanding.
The rest are fake

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by DavidEsq(m): 6:06am On Oct 20, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs**clears throat# Olamide was right after all saying he wud rather stay local than pay any foreign artist heavly for a verse....Lolsss this M.I guy iz trying hard buh i guess NAS himself can smell his fake ass continent afar off grin how wud u pay whooping $50k just for M.I Chocolate city Nigeria grin grin Queens bridge Nas bla bla to be mentioned in a verse grin idris abdulkareem can say this naa....even Vic's O or speed Darlington grin grin
As swear, u dey mad gan grin

6 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by DavidEsq(m): 6:08am On Oct 20, 2017
ebukahandsome:
Vector Tha viper and jesse jags are simply outstanding.
The rest are fake
#word

11 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Alphasoar(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2017
MI kuku collect your money back.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That's if you get fair hearing as a dark person!

12 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by GoggleB(m): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2017
Lamzee:
I think Chocolate City are broke, who knows how much Star Boy Entertainment are Paying now,but if they are not making huge income, they won't be paying that large amount of money to feature Artist
Wizkid has never paid for a foreign feature anyways.

12 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Factfinder1(m): 8:37am On Oct 20, 2017
17.5 million naira just to feature somebody how much does an artist make in a whole album.... People get mind sha....the bible in the book of proverbs says your talent will bring your riches....see how much nas was paid just for a song that won't last 4munites just to hype m.I and his label....poverty is indeed a bastard I must make money

46 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nawteemaxie(m): 8:37am On Oct 20, 2017
This early morning? This is what I should wake up to?

4 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by nairaman66(m): 8:37am On Oct 20, 2017
Seriously ?? So the album him dey wait to drop since na court him drop am put??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by sushieater: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2017
Fucck that New York State Of Mind Shitt, Nas got the Nigeria State of mind which is Scam grin grin

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Ayo4251(m): 8:38am On Oct 20, 2017
For hn mind now...e dae think say e go win the case undecided
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nbote(m): 8:38am On Oct 20, 2017
Lamzee:

Hope U do know its as far back as 2013.. Its NAS we are talking about here, even in d US he gets paid to feature ...
Most rappers would pay to have Nas on their tracks

GoggleB:

Who told he doesn't pay for his features? Every artiste trying to break into any market pays for features and wizkid is no different. Every Nigerian Artiste pays their American counterparts to get a feature..

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2017
Oyinbo sef don dey do yahoo yahoo.
Scammee scamming the usual scammers

4 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by seyoops4u: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2017
It's dead n gone.. read but find no meaning..
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by DanielsParker(m): 8:39am On Oct 20, 2017
He makes nice songs. wonder why he is looking for international collaboration

2 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:39am On Oct 20, 2017
grin
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 20, 2017
Interesting
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by DJperdurabo: 8:40am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

You really think so?

You really, really think so?

Don't get it twisted dawg, it's business never personal.

21 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by seuncyber(m): 8:40am On Oct 20, 2017
50k$ almost 18M just for nas

Give VEC that money and ur song will surly blow

mi sha u fall my hand

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Georgina Onuoha Wears Bra Top In New Selfie / Micheal Ekeinde Gets Admission In University In Los Angeles / Sophia Momodu Celebrates Valentine In Bikini (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.