Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York (41717 Views)

Davido: How I Got Nas To Record A Verse On My Album (video) / M.I Abaga Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today / M.I Abaga Comes For Ycee Who Shared Negative Story About His Record Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by JamesReacher(m): 11:40am On Oct 20, 2017
analyser:

i've heard jags is good,but i don't really know or hear much of his songs on tv most probably cos we don't listen to real music in Nigeria,please can you list about 5 or as many jags songs you know that has mad lines i really want to download them
Download his latest album Odysseus. Download this single Boom, download the freestyle with ycee beat on Mtv. Enjoy
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by einsteine(m): 11:46am On Oct 20, 2017
See this fool.

Who told you Nas is a Nigerian?

He is an American, born and bred with zero Nigerian roots. His father just took a Yoruba name when he (Nas' father) visited Nigeria. They have no Yoruba roots.

Imagine introducing your tribalism into every topic.

Ugo4hotish:

is nas a foreigner? he's a fellow Nigerian and thank God he's not IGBO

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by einsteine(m): 11:47am On Oct 20, 2017
Wizkid does jor. Sony Entertainment pays for him. Don't be naive.

Zceesneh:
wizkid doesn't

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by chiraqDemon(m): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
So Nigeria artists pay that high for international collaboration? shocked shocked
Man the US music industry is not child's play. Do u know how much even Kodak black and Xxxtentacion them get for verse now talk of legends like nas
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Smeeky(m): 11:56am On Oct 20, 2017
Even Airforce1 go drop those verse for free.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by lymelyte(m): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
lagdmark:

It's not collab, MI is trying to bribe Nas to hail him.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by mavinjay1(m): 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
Na wa o...
M.I pulled a wrong deal on this one.
Wen we have good artist in 9ja.
BTW M I new single is a hard jam
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by walosky(m): 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
Thats what u get from ol dis muslim yollobas

Imagine NAS that has lost his yoruba origin. ....

Well e dey dia DNA

Traitors/betrayals.....Omo ale OSHI !

JUST WATCH WHAT THEY WILL DO TO ME NOW

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by MrPolitics: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
atilla:
Paying a foreign artist 50k for a verse?

Guess they trying to o make sure they don't get a recycled verse by ensuring he mentions chocolate city and M.I but this cash is a lot to go and pay a foreign artist.

It's actually small. An artist like rihanna charges over $750k for a collabo
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Playbeatznation: 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2017
DJperdurabo:

You really think so?

You really, really think so?

Don't get it twisted dawg, it's business never personal.

Wizzy has never paid...so far (verified fact)
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Newboss(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
Playbeatznation:

Wizzy has never paid...so far (verified fact)
GoggleB:

Wizkid has never paid for a foreign feature anyways.
Where did you hear that? undecided To get anyone on a record label to collabo with you, you MUST settle the record label management first.

Wizkid won't tell you about that. MI didn't tell you about this either, until things went south. No sensible person will tell you stuffs like this.

Wizkid paid to feature Drake. Go figure that!

3 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by kushme: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
Dj Khalid : Another one with the iconic.

They don't want us to be with Nas.

They don't want us to have the

number one album in the country.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Macmoni(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2017
y all shuld first no nas fada is a yoruba man but d nigga no dy relate with naija at all his fada was a juju musician but dnt no y d dude claim to be from queens
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Macmoni(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
MEILYN:
90% of nairalanders don't read before they comment. The article didn't say collaboration, it said something else which you guys didn't see. They wanted Nas to mention M.I's name on a verse on his own song and not a collaboration. Lmao, 3 Years ago though, all these artists and fake life. M.I wanted to tell the whole world that Nas knows and recognizes him. Imagine if you listened to a song from Nas and you hear M.I's name, won't you be very happy that a rapper like Nas recognized M.I?
it a bizness bruh not only m.i dos daht alot of em it all quest for fame
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by TDkAL: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
SylvesterRichie:
M.I Abaga and his record label, Chocolate City, are suing Queenbridge legend Nas, real name Nasir Jones.

M.I and Chocolate City have filed a lawsuit in New York State Supreme Court claiming Nas didn’t deliver the verse they wanted. In the lawsuit, which was filed in the New York State Supreme Court, Nas and Mass Appeal Records’ Ronnie Goodman are accused of duping Chocolate City after they had paid the rapper $50,000 for the verse.

According to the lawsuit, in 2013, Nas and Goodman entered an agreement to contribute a verse to a track from M.I. The details of the deal were that Nas was supposed to mention “M.I, Chocolate City, Nigeria, Queens, New York—NAS’s hometown—, Mandela, Trayvon Martin, and the struggles of Africans and African Americans” in his verse.

Nas went on to deliver a verse but it didn’t mention any of the subject matter Chocolate City had asked for.The Nigerian label requested that the Queens rapper to re-record the verse, and three year later, it hasn’t happened despite them delivering the $50,000 payment. Hence, that’s why they’re now suing him, they mention.

In the lawsuit, Chocolate City is very complementary to Nas. They called him “a highly respected lyricist in the music industry” and wrote that they wanted a verse from him “because of NAS’s exceptional talent as a lyric writer.” Unfortunately, according to Chocolate City, that talent and lyricism was not evident in the verse they got.

Check out screenshots of the suit in the gallery below.

Source; VibezNg

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2017
MI BE CAREFUL COZ YOU'RE DEALING WITH REAL MOTHERFUCKER
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by nurusystem(m): 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
Eedris Abdulkareem most hear this news, Kilode just to call MI in a track u went to payed such huge amount.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Abudu2000(m): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2017
Abfinest007:
Nas career is dead long before now so you that is doing business with him is not wise
lol, an American artiste once paid cash money 5mill dolls to get Wayne in a track, so Bru 50k is even an awoff for him..where do u think record labels make their cash if not from those royalties?
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Abudu2000(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
Newboss:
Where did you hear that? undecided To get anyone on a record label to collabo with you, you MUST settle the record label management first.

Wizkid won't tell you about that. MI didn't tell you about this either, until things went south. No sensible person will tell you stuffs like this.

Wizkid paid to feature Drake. Go figure that!
absolutely.he couldn't foot the full bill that's why Drake didn't come closer..

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by maklelemakukula(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs**clears throat# Olamide was right after all saying he wud rather stay local than pay any foreign artist heavly for a verse....Lolsss this M.I guy iz trying hard buh i guess NAS himself can smell his fake ass continent afar off grin how wud u pay whooping $50k just for M.I Chocolate city Nigeria grin grin Queens bridge Nas bla bla to be mentioned in a verse grin idris abdulkareem can say this naa....even Vic's O or speed Darlington grin grin
im telling you, same way drake smells wizzys fake ass
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by maklelemakukula(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

Wizkid has never paid for a foreign feature anyways.
shut up! what do u know sef...
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by maklelemakukula(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
Sgttanner:
lol...no mind the idiot... Typing rubbish because data is cheap
na wizkid zombie fans them wey no dey think again
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Uyi168: 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
luwabrooklyn:
i swear oh massive loss yesterday
..my 86k naim them cut
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Breamz(m): 11:13am On Oct 21, 2017
Can u guys now see the reason why Olamide has decided not to associate himself wit American artistes .... they demand too much for a little verse
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by luwabrooklyn(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
Uyi168:
..my 86k naim them cut
bro no be say ur own no pain me but me don dy do rollover of 2 odds that was day 8. Which was supposed to bring in 256 k
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Uyi168: 5:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
luwabrooklyn:
bro no be say ur own no pain me but me don dy do rollover of 2 odds that was day 8. Which was supposed to bring in 256 k
..Ur own big pass my own o!

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by mightiersa: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2017
dvkot:
Did drake paid wizzy for one dance?
Hardly will a deal be established in advance country without a concrate terms and conditions in agreement. They believe in rule of law and they are of opinion that legal fight is potent and effective.

And to answer your question, depends on the term and condition of the deal (musical collaboration).

Back then in Nigeria hip hop world, there was nothing like establishing terms and conditions before embarking on collaboration... That was why they often accuse one another of musical theft ( like it happened with Aydotcom and Terry G on pass me your love song). They now have right to sing another artist's song at will once they contribute to it.

I hope a message is passed. Thank you.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by dvkot(m): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2017
mightiersa:

Hardly will a deal be established in advance country without a concrate terms and conditions in agreement. They believe in rule of law and they are of opinion that legal fight is potent and effective.

And to answer your question, depends on the term and condition of the deal (musical collaboration).

Back then in Nigeria hip hop world, there was nothing like establishing terms and conditions before embarking on collaboration... That was why they often accuse one another of musical theft ( like it happened with Aydotcom and Terry G on pass me your love song). They now have right to sing another artist's song at will once they contribute to it.

I hope a message is passed. Thank you.
you didnt ansa my question, i may want to think drake didnt pay wizkid, but drake had to repay him by also being on his track( closer)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nuella Njubigbo Removes Tchidi Chikere's Name From Her Instagram Bio (Photos) / 2shotz Turns Photographer And Filmmaker In Texas, USA (Photos) / Dbanj Hugs, Praises P Square In Dressing Room After Their Packed Out London Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.