Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

A Game Of Love And Obsession - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Game Of Love And Obsession (15792 Views)

Game Of Pleasure(18+) / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Deranged -A tale of Love and Obsession. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2017
Episode 8

© Lewis Dampson

“Come over, girl! We are at the club. This is a serious issue that needs urgent attention. Come and let us decide how best we can solve the situation. You can’t lose your man to any stupid girl. We are all here waiting for you. No one messes with us!! Get here as soon as possible,” said one of Jasmine’s friends. She was nicknamed “Friendly Tigress” because of her ability to switch between being nice and unpleasant. She was also known for using her fingernails and other sharp objects to disfigure peoples faces.

Jasmine’s friends were waiting for her when she drove to the nightclub. They had managed to call other girls to come join them. “To touch one is to touch all” was their code. So they all joined to lend a helping hand when one member had an issue. Jasmine went straight into the club when she got down from her car.

She located her friends at the left corner of the club. Some of them had blacked out due to excessive usage of narcotics and alcohol. The ones who were still conscious waved at her to come over to where they were. Jasmine quickly made her way there and took a seat. “Jasmine!!… Jasmine!!!… What were you saying on the phone!!!?” One of the friends screamed trying her best to make her voice pitch go higher than that of the loud music. “You said what!!!?” Jasmine asked in a loud voice.

Since they couldn’t hear each other due to the loud sound from the passive speakers and subwoofers, they decided to take their discussion outside. When they got out of the club, they decided to hold the meeting at the parking lot of the club. They all went to where Jasmine had parked her car.

“Girl, we are all here now. Let your problem be known,” said Friendly Tigress. “Girls, you wouldn’t believe it. I went to surprise my bae today and I got surprised. You know how our business is like. After we have been roughed by those men, it is necessary to go back into the arms of a loving man to fill the emptiness. I went to the supermarket the other day and chanced upon one guy that had been after me in school. He proposed several times and I rejected him. When I saw him, I just knew I had come across what I have been looking for. I looked at his finger and realized there was no ring on it. I was excited. Fortunately for me, he had just come out of a relationship. You know me girls! I behaved like a good girl and was successful in accompanying him home. I cooked for him and had a nice time with him. That was when I received the impromptu call from Madam Diaz to go to Paris with that man. I came back yesterday and went to his house only to discover that another lady had come to take my place. Can you imagine!!?? She wants to replace me. Although he is so dumb to notice what the lady is trying to do, I have seen it all. I won’t allow that,” Jasmine explained.

The girls listened with a rapt attention. “Jasbaby! I feel for you. Don’t worry, we will fix everything. We are with you, dear,” One of the girls said. “So is this the reason why you dragged us from the club to this place. Please, there is a customer waiting for me there. I have to go before someone takes him away,” another girl said and left. Other two ladies followed her and left as well.

“Jasbaby, don’t mind them. They are jealous of you. We will help you to deal with that lady. Come on girls, any suggestions?” Friendly Tigress asked. One of the girls lifted up her hand to indicate she had a suggestion. “Yes, Sheila, we are all ears,” said Friendly Tigress. “Let us organize ourselves, cross her path and beat her mercilessly. We will warn her to stay clear of Jasmine’s guy after beating her. I think that will put fear in her,” said Sheila. “That is not a good idea, Sheila. She will identify our faces if we do that. The police will arrest us later on. We need a plan that won’t compromise us,” said Friendly Tigress. Another hand was lifted up and the lady was asked to speak. “Why don’t we try an acid attack? With that, she wouldn’t be able to see our faces since she wouldn’t be expecting it and the acid will burn her face away after all. What do you think?” the lady asked. ” That is a perfect idea, Fatima. That is exactly what we are going to do,” Friendly Tigress said.

Jasmine stood there and listened to the suggestions. She was pleased with Fatima’s suggestion. The acid attack will make Sandra unattractive to Jesse. “I know Jesse. He likes pretty faces. She won’t have a pretty face to compete with me after I am through with her,” Jasmine said and smiled. “So when do you suggest we attack?” Friendly Tigress asked Jasmine. “I will trail her and call you girls when it is appropriate for us to strike. So you girls should stand by,” Jasmine said. “Alright, Jasmine. We will be waiting,” said Sheila. “I am grateful girls for the support. You have made me aware of the great friends I have,” Jasmine said and hugged Friendly Tigress. The others joined the group hug. The girls later separated and Jasmine went back to her apartment to scheme.

Jasmine woke up early the following day. The evil plans in her mind wouldn’t allow her to sleep throughout the night. She thought about how to execute the plan the girls suggested without leaving any trace to herself. The main issue that got her thinking was how she was going to trail Sandra. She didn’t even know where she lived in the first place. As she was pacing in her room, an idea came to her mind. She remembered Jesse said he worked with her when he was introducing them to each other. If that was the case, then she could start from there. She will follow her after work to her house. She smiled when this idea came to mind. Indeed, it is easy to device the instruments of destruction for the fall of another man.

She quickly got ready and left to the company Jesse was working for. She wanted to be there on time to see if they both go to work together. She sat in her car for thirty minutes when she spotted a bus stopping in front of the company. She became alert. Lo and behold, Jesse and Sandra alighted from the bus. They walked together to the building amidst chatting and laughing. This rather got her irritated the more. She was now more resolved than ever to go through with the scheme.

“I will stay here till they close. After all, I am free today,” Jasmine said and relaxed in her car. A lot of funny thoughts were occurring to her and she yielded to them. She now wanted to hurt Sandra so bad for coming close to her presumed sweetheart.

True to her words, she waited for Jesse and Sandra to close from work. She only got down from the car occasionally to buy food or pee. She watched them as they came to stand at the bus stop waiting for a bus. She just couldn’t stand the sight of them being happy together. Her jealousy knew no bounds.

Finally, a bus pulled up after ten minutes and they boarded it. Jasmine followed the bus with her car. She wanted to know where Sandra lived so she could make a call to her friends. Sandra and Jesse got out of the bus when they got to their destination. Jasmine stopped since she didn’t want Jesse to notice her. She decided to follow them from a distance since they were on foot.

Jesse and Sandra parted ways when Sandra got to her junction. Jasmine was happy when she realized that Sandra was alone on the road. There was no one in sight. “Or should I forget about these girls and run this stupid girl over with my car? There is no one around. I can quickly speed off after that,” Jasmine contemplated. Now, she was torn between running Sandra over with her car or calling the girls to go ahead with the acid attack. Both had their advantages and disadvantages. Which of them was she going to decide on?

Do you think Sandra will survive the diabolic plans Jasmine has for her?

...to be continued

Read more Episodes on www.youngicee.com
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by heryoub22(m): 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
Jealousy don begin bdat o. Wehdone guy
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2017
U too much

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by itsandi(m): 10:03am On Oct 28, 2017
Nice update cool
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by YINKS89(m): 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
Kul... Thumbs up guy.
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 4:01am On Oct 29, 2017
Episode 9

© Lewis Dampson

“Come over, girl! We are at the club. This is a serious issue that needs urgent attention. Come and let us decide how best we can solve the situation. You can’t lose your man to any stupid girl. We are all here waiting for you. No one messes with us!! Get here as soon as possible,” said one of Jasmine’s friends. She was nicknamed “Friendly Tigress” because of her ability to switch between being nice and unpleasant. She was also known for using her fingernails and other sharp objects to disfigure peoples faces.

Jasmine’s friends were waiting for her when she drove to the nightclub. They had managed to call other girls to come join them. “To touch one is to touch all” was their code. So they all joined to lend a helping hand when one member had an issue. Jasmine went straight into the club when she got down from her car.

She located her friends at the left corner of the club. Some of them had blacked out due to excessive usage of narcotics and alcohol. The ones who were still conscious waved at her to come over to where they were. Jasmine quickly made her way there and took a seat. “Jasmine!!… Jasmine!!!… What were you saying on the phone!!!?” One of the friends screamed trying her best to make her voice pitch go higher than that of the loud music. “You said what!!!?” Jasmine asked in a loud voice.

Since they couldn’t hear each other due to the loud sound from the passive speakers and subwoofers, they decided to take their discussion outside. When they got out of the club, they decided to hold the meeting at the parking lot of the club. They all went to where Jasmine had parked her car.

“Girl, we are all here now. Let your problem be known,” said Friendly Tigress. “Girls, you wouldn’t believe it. I went to surprise my bae today and I got surprised. You know how our business is like. After we have been roughed by those men, it is necessary to go back into the arms of a loving man to fill the emptiness. I went to the supermarket the other day and chanced upon one guy that had been after me in school. He proposed several times and I rejected him. When I saw him, I just knew I had come across what I have been looking for. I looked at his finger and realized there was no ring on it. I was excited. Fortunately for me, he had just come out of a relationship. You know me girls! I behaved like a good girl and was successful in accompanying him home. I cooked for him and had a nice time with him. That was when I received the impromptu call from Madam Diaz to go to Paris with that man. I came back yesterday and went to his house only to discover that another lady had come to take my place. Can you imagine!!?? She wants to replace me. Although he is so dumb to notice what the lady is trying to do, I have seen it all. I won’t allow that,” Jasmine explained.

The girls listened with a rapt attention. “Jasbaby! I feel for you. Don’t worry, we will fix everything. We are with you, dear,” One of the girls said. “So is this the reason why you dragged us from the club to this place. Please, there is a customer waiting for me there. I have to go before someone takes him away,” another girl said and left. Other two ladies followed her and left as well.

“Jasbaby, don’t mind them. They are jealous of you. We will help you to deal with that lady. Come on girls, any suggestions?” Friendly Tigress asked. One of the girls lifted up her hand to indicate she had a suggestion. “Yes, Sheila, we are all ears,” said Friendly Tigress. “Let us organize ourselves, cross her path and beat her mercilessly. We will warn her to stay clear of Jasmine’s guy after beating her. I think that will put fear in her,” said Sheila. “That is not a good idea, Sheila. She will identify our faces if we do that. The police will arrest us later on. We need a plan that won’t compromise us,” said Friendly Tigress. Another hand was lifted up and the lady was asked to speak. “Why don’t we try an acid attack? With that, she wouldn’t be able to see our faces since she wouldn’t be expecting it and the acid will burn her face away after all. What do you think?” the lady asked. ” That is a perfect idea, Fatima. That is exactly what we are going to do,” Friendly Tigress said.

Jasmine stood there and listened to the suggestions. She was pleased with Fatima’s suggestion. The acid attack will make Sandra unattractive to Jesse. “I know Jesse. He likes pretty faces. She won’t have a pretty face to compete with me after I am through with her,” Jasmine said and smiled. “So when do you suggest we attack?” Friendly Tigress asked Jasmine. “I will trail her and call you girls when it is appropriate for us to strike. So you girls should stand by,” Jasmine said. “Alright, Jasmine. We will be waiting,” said Sheila. “I am grateful girls for the support. You have made me aware of the great friends I have,” Jasmine said and hugged Friendly Tigress. The others joined the group hug. The girls later separated and Jasmine went back to her apartment to scheme.

Jasmine woke up early the following day. The evil plans in her mind wouldn’t allow her to sleep throughout the night. She thought about how to execute the plan the girls suggested without leaving any trace to herself. The main issue that got her thinking was how she was going to trail Sandra. She didn’t even know where she lived in the first place. As she was pacing in her room, an idea came to her mind. She remembered Jesse said he worked with her when he was introducing them to each other. If that was the case, then she could start from there. She will follow her after work to her house. She smiled when this idea came to mind. Indeed, it is easy to device the instruments of destruction for the fall of another man.

She quickly got ready and left to the company Jesse was working for. She wanted to be there on time to see if they both go to work together. She sat in her car for thirty minutes when she spotted a bus stopping in front of the company. She became alert. Lo and behold, Jesse and Sandra alighted from the bus. They walked together to the building amidst chatting and laughing. This rather got her irritated the more. She was now more resolved than ever to go through with the scheme.

“I will stay here till they close. After all, I am free today,” Jasmine said and relaxed in her car. A lot of funny thoughts were occurring to her and she yielded to them. She now wanted to hurt Sandra so bad for coming close to her presumed sweetheart.

True to her words, she waited for Jesse and Sandra to close from work. She only got down from the car occasionally to buy food or pee. She watched them as they came to stand at the bus stop waiting for a bus. She just couldn’t stand the sight of them being happy together. Her jealousy knew no bounds.

Finally, a bus pulled up after ten minutes and they boarded it. Jasmine followed the bus with her car. She wanted to know where Sandra lived so she could make a call to her friends. Sandra and Jesse got out of the bus when they got to their destination. Jasmine stopped since she didn’t want Jesse to notice her. She decided to follow them from a distance since they were on foot.

Jesse and Sandra parted ways when Sandra got to her junction. Jasmine was happy when she realized that Sandra was alone on the road. There was no one in sight. “Or should I forget about these girls and run this stupid girl over with my car? There is no one around. I can quickly speed off after that,” Jasmine contemplated. Now, she was torn between running Sandra over with her car or calling the girls to go ahead with the acid attack. Both had their advantages and disadvantages. Which of them was she going to decide on?

Do you think Sandra will survive the diabolic plans Jasmine has for her?

...to be continued

More Episodes are here: http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/A%20Game%20Of%20Love%20And%20Obsession
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Ashiat39(f): 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sincerely, I cnt even think of a way she can survive this attack that is looking her in d face

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by itsandi(m): 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Nice update cheesy cheesy cheesy Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Aaaalexxx: 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
Nice update.... More ink to your pen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by queenitee(f): 10:02am On Oct 30, 2017
Ladies sha
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
Episode 10

© Lewis Dampson

Jesse and Sandra parted ways when Sandra got to her junction. Jasmine was happy when she realized that Sandra was alone on the road. There was no one in sight. “Or I should forget about these girls and run this stupid girl over with my car. There is no one around. I will quickly speed off,” Jasmine contemplated. Now, she was torn between running Sandra over with her car or calling the girls to go ahead with the acid attack. Both had their advantages and disadvantages. Which of them was she going to decide on?

Jasmine looked into the side mirrors to see if any car was behind her. He looked around and the road still appeared empty except for Sandra walking along its lanes. “This is a blessing in disguise. I need not to bother myself to involve all these girls in this issue. This issue can be solved here and now! There is no one around to play witness if I run this girl over,” said Jasmine as she decided to hit Sandra with her car.

Meanwhile, Sandra was having nostalgia about her moments with Jesse as she walked. She wished she would be by his side always. She smiled and giggled as she walked. Jasmine on the other hand was coming at top speed towards Sandra. Her main aim was hit to kill. Sandra couldn’t see the car approaching her direction since she was so engrossed in her daydreaming about Jesse. The next thing she knew was darkness. Jasmine had hit Sandra with the car and sped off.

Sandra laid on the street unconscious. Her bag and the items in it were littered on the street with her shoes far separated from each other. Finally, someone came to the scene and saw the almost lifeless body of Sandra lying on the street minutes after the accident. He quickly called the attention of the neighbors and Sandra was rushed to the hospital. Sandra regained consciousness on the way to the hospital, but was still not able to move a limb.

“Girl! What is happening? We have been waiting for your call to come over. The acid is ready,” said Friendly Tigress over the phone with Jasmine. “Don’t worry, girl. There is no need for the acid attack. God had indeed fought for me. He knows that Jesse belongs to me. He provided a way for me to deal with that rat! Opportunity presented itself from above, and I utilized it,” Sandra responded. “What are you saying at all? I didn’t understand a sentence of what you just said,” Friendly Tigress lamented. “Okay let me explain. As I was trailing the girl, I followed her unto a lonely road. There was no on in sight. It was as if nature knew what I was about to do and had planned and arranged everything for me. I thought about it and decided to run over that fool with my car. Girl, I did it and there was no witness. I am sure she is saying “hi” to her ancestors in the land of the dead. I am happy girl! I am taking all of you out today. Everything is on me. You can drink as much as you want,” said Jasmine. “I see. Then this calls for celebration as you said. I will inform the girls immediately. Now, the threat has finally been eliminated,” Friendly Tigress said cheerfully. Jasmine decided to visit her friends after she ended the call. She had to find a way to ditch the car she used for the crime and only one person could be of help-Friendly Tigress.

Sandra was taken to the emergency ward when the people took her to the hospital. The doctor attended to her to access the degree of damage. He realized that she was still breathing. “You guys are lucky. She is still breathing and her pulse is okay. We need to do few things and take an X-ray of her skeletal system to know which bones are broken or not,” said the doctor to the people that brought Sandra to the hospital.

Jesse was in his house trying to prepare himself dinner when he heard a lot of noise and movements outside his house. He ignored it, but realized later that many people were pouring in and the noise was increasing. He opened his window and saw that all the people were coming from a particular direction. From the look on their faces, it looked like something bad had happened in the neighborhood.

He didn’t know what happened to him. He became curious all of a sudden. That had never happened to him before. He got out of the house to inquire. He saw a woman coming towards his direction and approached her. “Please, why are you all coming from that direction? What is happening?” Jesse asked. “Hmm.. It is very sad. I was in my house and heard that a car had knocked down one pretty lady in the neighborhood. She was rushed to the hospital before I got to the scene. According to the people who saw her, they said it was a sad scene. The awkward thing about the whole incident was that, the driver didn’t stop. No one even saw the driver or the car,” the woman reported. “Oh, that is sad. Who is this girl?” Jesse asked. “I don’t know her in person, but I heard some people saying she is called Sandra and lives in the neighborhood,” said the woman. “Hmm… That is very sad. She even bears the name of a friend. I am really sorry for her. I hope nothing bad happens to her. Anyway, thank you,” Jesse said and went back into his house to continue his cooking. To him, Sandra was coming over to his place in the evening and he wanted to surprise her with a nice meal.

Within few hours, the doctor came with the results from the X-ray. “We are lucky she didn’t sustain major injuries. She sustained some fracture in the patella and tibia of her left leg. There were also minor fractures in the scapula and humerus of her arm. She will be fine in few weeks. I was happy the damage didn’t occur at her spinal cord area. She would have been left paralyzed. We will take her to a different ward by tomorrow,” the doctor said to the Good Samaritans. “Thank you doctor. But, we are not her family. We found her lying on the streets and brought her to the hospital,” a man said. “Do you know his family?” the doctor asked. “No doctor. She lives in her house alone. She relocated to the neighborhood last year because of her work,” another man responded. “I see. You should try to contact her family or anyone close to her. It is necessary. Excuse me, I have to attend to other patients,” the doctor said and left them. They all left the hospital when they realized Sandra was out of danger.

Jesse had waited for Sandra for several hours, but she wasn’t showing up. He tried calling her, but her phone was switched off. He waited for another thirty minutes, but there was still no sign of Sandra. He decided to go to her house to check on her. Maybe she was so tired from the tons of paperwork they had to review that day and was sleeping. He dressed and headed to Sandra’s house.

He got to her house and realized the gate was locked. It definitely looked like there was no one in the house. “Where could Sandra be? We have to go through the financial statements before tomorrow. Where could she be at this time of the day? Has she gone on a date? No, that is not possible. Sandra vividly told me she wasn’t having a boyfriend,” Jesse said while he still struggled to find the whereabouts of Sandra. He walked back to his house.

When he was almost getting to his house. He saw someone standing at the gate. Initially he thought it was Sandra, but realized the person had parked a car. He knew immediately it was Jasmine. Jasmine had come to visit him and he wasn’t even in the mood to talk to her. He was worried about Sandra.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to him. “When the woman I spoke to earlier today talked about the accident, she said the name of the victim was Sandra. Could it be my Sandra? No way!! Why am I even thinking this way? I saw Sandra this afternoon. It can’t be her. Let me not think about these things or it might happen,” Jesse thought about these things as he was approaching Jasmine. “Hello, baby. I have really missed you. Come and give your honey a hug,” Jasmine said and went to hug Jesse. “I have a surprise for you this evening ?” said Jasmine. “And what can this surprise be? I have a lot on my mind, Jasmine. I am stressed already,” said Jesse. “Don’t worry, dear. That is why I am here. By the time I am gone, stress will be history to you,” Jasmine said and wrapped her arms around Jesse. “Let us go inside first. I can’t surprise you while we are still outside,” continued Jasmine. She entered the house with Jesse.

...to be continued

Read more here: www.youngicee.com
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
Episode 11

© Lewis Dampson

Suddenly, he had a thought. “When the woman I spoke to earlier today talked about the accident, she said the name of the victim was Sandra. Could it be my Sandra? No way!! Why am I even thinking this way? I saw Sandra this afternoon. It can’t be her. Let me not think about these things or it might happen,” Jesse thought about these things as he was approaching Jasmine. “Hello, baby. I have really missed you. Come give your honey a hug,” Jasmine said and went to hug Jesse. “I have a surprise for you this evening ?” said Jasmine. “And what can this surprise be? I have a lot on my mind, Jasmine. I am stressed already,” said Jesse. “Don’t worry dear. That is why I am here. By the time I am gone, stress will be history to you,” Jasmine said and wrapped her arms around Jesse. “Let us go inside first. I can’t surprise you while we are still outside,” continued Jasmine. She entered the house with Jesse.

“Okay, we are now in the house. What is this big surprise that couldn’t wait until tomorrow?” Jesse asked. “Why are you in a rush, Jesse? Okay, I will tell you now. I have come to spend the night with you today,” said Jasmine. “Really!? Why didn’t you inform me before coming?” Jesse quizzed her. “I don’t understand you Jesse! Should I call to book an appointment to spend some time with my boyfriend?” Jasmine asked I return.

Now, few years back, Jesse would have been thrilled to be granted this opportunity. The girl he had been daydreaming about was now offering herself to him on a silver platter. But Jesse wasn’t so enthused about the whole thing. He was so worried about the whereabouts of Sandra and that was the only thing on his mind. “Jasmine, I am not saying that. I have told you about the pressure from work. I have some work I need to finish before tomorrow. A work I can’t finish if I take time off to keep you company. I was even waiting for Sandra to show up to help me with something, but she hasn’t come. She is good with those stuffs. I can’t seem to know her whereabouts. Only if I could see her so…. “ Jesse’s statement was interjected by Jasmine. “Why is it that you always bring that girl before me! Any time I want to spend time with you, she is either here or you let us spend all the time discussing her. What is going on between the two of you? Am I not good enough for you?” Jasmine lamented.

“That is not the case, Jasmine. I am not putting her first. It is just that I am worried about her. I feel so uneasy. And we need to go through this work before tomorrow,” Jesse explained. “Please, give me a break! Sandra this, Sandra that!! I am so tired of you. I even wish she is dead so that she would stop interfering in my relationship,” Jasmine flared up. “How can you wish that sort of thing on a fellow human, Jasmine. I didn’t expect that from you at all,” said Jesse. “I am sorry, dear. It was just a slip of tongue,” Jasmine said trying to explain. “Please, I have had enough of this. I want to continue with my work since Sandra is not coming. I have to stay up all night to figure things out. I will see you some other time, “ said Jesse. “Jesse, are you sacking me from your house?” Jasmine asked. “No, Jasmine . I am just asking for an excuse to work. Please don’t misunderstand me,” said Jesse. Jasmine got angry and left. She banged the door on her way out, walked to her car and sped off lividly.

Jesse sighed and brought out his briefcase. He brought out the account statements and began to work on them. While he was still at it, his doorbell rang. He quickly dropped what he was doing and went to see who was at the door. “Hello, are you Jesse?” the man standing in the doorway asked. “Yes, I am, Jesse and how may I help you?” Jesse asked. “Err.. Do you know of any young lady by name Sandra?” asked the man. “Yes, please. She is a very good friend of mine. I was even expecting her this evening, but she hadn’t shown up,” Jesse responded. “Well, that is understandable since she is at the hospital,” the man said finally. “Hospital? Why is she at a hospital? She didn’t tell me she was sick this afternoon when we came back from work? How then would she end up in a hospital?” Jesse asked rhetorically. “She was knocked down by a car this afternoon on her way from work. I happened to be part of the people who took her to the hospital. She has been mentioning your name since she regained consciousness. She finally gave us your address. That is why I am here. You need to go and see her, “ said the man.

Jesse became confused. He didn’t know what to do to himself. What he feared most had happened. It occurred to him that the accident the woman was talking about was concerning her own Sandra. He had assumed it for a different Sandra. Without much thinking, he locked his door and stepped out with his bathroom slippers to the hospital. He boarded a taxi with the man and headed to the hospital where Sandra was admitted.

Jasmine was so bored that she wanted to go to the club to blow off some steam. She could channel her anger into work. She wouldn’t mind who her customer would be. All she needed was to engage in something that would take her mind off Jesse. “Look at all I did because of him and he still thinks about that girl. Just imagine him asking me to leave his house. I went to offer myself to him and he rejected me like a plague!! Just imagine!! Does he know how much people pay to spend an hour with me? People pay huge sums of money to patronize me and this guy treated me like I didn’t matter. Upon hitting that stupid girl with car, I still don’t have his attention. I risked everything for him. I could have gone to jail for that,” Jasmine complained as she drove to the nightclub.

There were lots of activities going on in the nightclub when she got there. She went to the bartender and bought few drinks to calm herself. She lit a cigarette and started smoking. As she sat down puffing the smoke from the cigarette, a gentleman walked up to her. She had been in the business for long and she knew what that meant. She knew the guy was a potential customer. “Hello, pretty. Can I sit beside you?” the gentleman asked. “Please, Mister. Cut to the chase. We all know what you want so stop pulling out those cards. Hit the nail on the head. I am not your girlfriend for you to flatter,” Jasmine said harshly.

The gentleman smiled and went straight to the point. He told her he wanted to patronize her for the night which she agreed. She agreed on a low fee which she wouldn’t if she wasn’t depressed. She followed the young guy out of the club to a hotel.

Few minutes later, her friends also came to the nightclub. They were now coming to start work. One of them moved to the bartender. “Have you seen any gentleman in a dark-blue suit around? He said he was waiting for me here, “ Sheila asked the bartender. “Oh, yes. He was here some minutes ago,” the bartender answered. “And where is he? Do you know which way he went?” Sheila asked again. “He went out with Jasmine before you guys came in,” the bartender responded. “What!!? That is my favorite customer. Why would Jasmine do that to me? Everyone knows he is my customer. Why is that girl so greedy. After all the customers that are at her disposal, she wants to steal this one too from me!! She will come and meet me here!!” Sheila exclaimed and went to sit on one of the seats in the club waiting for Jasmine to show up.

Jasmine finally came back in an hour. Sheila confronted her immediately she set eyes on her. “Thief!! Thief!! Why are you so greedy, Jasmine? Eh? Tell me! After luring all the customers with your charm, you dare come and steal this one too from me? Do you know how I struggled to nail him? After all I did for you, is this how you appreciate my efforts?” Sheila asked in anger. “What are you ranting about? Is it the guy I just went out with? Is he the reason you are trying to disgrace me? Let me tell you something, that guy is not my class. I even considered him because I was not feeling well. I am done with him. He is all yours now. Not that I need him anyway,” Jasmine said and shoved Sheila aside. Sheila grabbed her by the hair and slapped her. Jasmine retaliated and a fight broke out. The other girls came to separate them and they were both sent out of the club. “I will deal with you, Jasmine. Watch out!! And I mean it,” Sheila threatened. “There is nothing you can do, my friend. Go to hell!!” Jasmine retorted, entered her car and drove off.

...to be continued

read more here: www.youngicee.com
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by mecusbosco(m): 11:59am On Nov 01, 2017
Mr. Man come and finish this story na! Shuo!
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by itsandi(m): 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2017
Nice update! cheesy Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2017
mecusbosco:
Mr. Man come and finish this story na! Shuo!
I've not abandoned it yet sir

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
Guy jux come finish this story... I no say some people dey read this story but they no Wan comment... Help me finish am, the Tori dey sweet me

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
Episode 12

© Lewis Dampson

Jasmine finally came back in an hour. Sheila confronted her immediately she set eyes on her. “Thief!! Thief!! Why are you so greedy, Jasmine? Eh? Tell me! After luring all the customers with your charm, you dare come and steal this one too from me? Do you know how I struggled to nail him? After all I did for you, is this how you appreciate my efforts?” Sheila asked in anger. “What are you ranting about? Is it the guy I just went out with? Is he the reason you are trying to disgrace me? Let me tell you something, that guy is not my class. I even considered him because I was not feeling well. I am done with him. He is all yours now. Not that I need him anyway,” Jasmine said and shoved Sheila aside. Sheila grabbed her by the hair and slapped her. Jasmine retaliated and a fight broke out. The other girls came to separate them and they were both sent out of the club. “I will deal with you, Jasmine. Watch out!! And I mean it,” Sheila threatened. “There is nothing you can do, my friend. Go to hell!!” Jasmine retorted, entered her car and drove off.

Jesse went straight to Sandra’s bed when he got to the hospital. He was really shocked that it was real that Sandra was hit by a car. “Jesse, you are here,” said Sandra indistinctly when she opened her eyes and saw Jesse sitting beside her bed. “Go back to sleep, Sandra. You need rest. I will be here when you wake up,” said Jesse to Sandra. He held her other unaffected hand and waited for her to go back to sleep. He got up and went straight to the doctor’s office.

He knocked on the door of the doctor’s office and was asked to enter. “Please, have a seat,” said the doctor to Jesse. Jesse sat on the chair opposite the doctor. “What can I do for you, gentleman?” asked the doctor. “Please, I am a friend of Sandra’s. The lady who was hit by a car. I came to inquire if there is anything I need to do,” responded Jesse. “Finally! Someone who knows her in person has shown up. What about her family? Are any of them reachable?” the doctor asked again. “None I know of, doctor. We recently got acquainted. I don’t really know about that part of her life yet. But, her family is not in this town. She relocated to this place because of work. That is why I am here. I want the bails so that I can settle them,” responded Jesse. “Alright, young man. You can go to the cashier with this folder. He will tell you how much you are to pay,” said the doctor as he gave Sandra’s hospital folder to Jesse. Jesse thanked him and went to the Cashier.

Jasmine got to the house very bored. She was really angry at Sheila for trying to disgrace her at the nightclub. “Just imagine!! Sheila coming to fight with me over that broke guy. If not for the fact that I needed something to do to occupy my mind, how on earth would I have stoop so low to his standard. I regret allowing myself to be patronize that customer. I didn’t even know he was Sheila’s customer. Anyway, that is how the game is. We fight today and laugh tomorrow. I guess we all had stuffs to deal with. Everything will be fine by tomorrow,” said Jasmine to herself as she laid down to sleep. She was asleep in no time because she was weary.

Sandra woke up the next day to find Jesse sleeping in the chair beside. She tried to move and touch him, but wasn’t able to do that because of the pain she was feeling. She just smiled and watched him for a long time. Jesse finally woke up and saw Sandra staring at him. “Good morning, sleeping handsome,” Sandra teased while Jesse rubbed his eyes. “You are awake, Sandra. That is very good. I am happy to see you smile,” Jesse confessed. “Aren’t you going to work? It is past 8:00am,”Sandra asked. “Don’t worry about work, Sandra. Your life is more important. I called the office to inform them of the situation. I told them you had no relative around, so I was given a day off to attend to you. I will go to work tomorrow,” said Jesse. “That is very nice of you, Jesse, ”Sandra said with lots of emotions.

They became quiet for sometime. Jesse held her hand again and spoke. “Sandra, I didn’t realized I have grown fond of you until I thought I lost you. You are a nice person and please don’t scare me again. I don’t want to lose you. You have been such a wonderful person in my life, Jesse said. Sandra’s face gleamed as she heard those words from Jesse. She was about to talk when they were interrupted by a phone call. Apparently, someone was calling Jesse.

Jesse looked on his phone and realized it was Jasmine calling. “Hello, Jesse, my dear. How are you this morning,” Jasmine said when Jesse picked the call. “I am doing well, Jasmine,” Jesse replied. Sandra’s countenance changed when she realized Jesse was speaking to Jasmine. She became jealous. “I want to apologize for yesterday. I wasn’t myself. I had been stressed lately. I am sorry for the outburst, Jesse. Please forgive me,” said Jasmine .”Don’t worry, Jasmine. I understand and I am not mad at you either, Jesse said to the relief of Jasmine. “I am glad to hear that sweetheart. How is work?” Jasmine asked. “Oh, I wasn’t able to go to work today,” Jesse answered.

Jasmine smiled when she heard that. That meant she could have some alone time with Jesse. She thought that after all, Sandra was out of the way now. “What is wrong, Jesse? Are you not feeling well? I could come over to your place,” said Jasmine. “I am fine, dear. I am at the hospital at the moment,” Jesse replied. “Hospital? Why would you be in the hospital if you are well?” Jasmine asked curiously. “It is Sandra, my dear. She had an accident yesterday. That was why she couldn’t come to my place yesterday,” Jesse explained. “Is she dead!!” Jasmine asked with a lot of anticipation. “No! She is not dead. She sustained some injures, but the doctor said she will be fine,” said Jesse. “I see. That is good news,” Jasmine said indistinctly. “But, why has your voice gone down all of a sudden?” Jesse asked. “Nothing, it is just that I am sad,” said Jasmine. “Me too, Jasmine, but I am happy she didn’t die as a result of the accident,” Jesse said. “Same here. You know what Jesse? I have to attend to something right now. I will call you back later,” Jasmine lied. “Oh, sure,” Jesse said. With that Jasmine ended the call.

Jasmine was confused. She paced her room for several minutes in confusion. “How could this girl survive the accident. I intentionally hit her hard because I wanted her dead. Now this is worse. Jesse will now be spending more time with her because she is in the hospital. I know him. He is always drawn to weakness. I have to do something. But, what should I do? Should I go to the hospital and finish what I started? No! that is a bad idea. I might get caught. Most hospitals have surveillance cameras and my face will be captured. What should I do now? I think I should call the girls to discuss this with them. Friendly Tigress and Sheila always have solutions to issues like this. Yes! I will call and go to them for more ideas. Sheila can help me. Come to think of it. Would she? Considering what happened yesterday. Oh, that is nothing. I know Sheila. She had a lot to drink yesterday. I think she won’t even remember what happened yesterday and even if she does, it is no big deal. Stuffs like this happen all the time. She will forgive me,” Jasmine brooded over these thoughts as she paced in her room.

What do you think Sheila will do? Is it true she had forgotten about the fight?

...to be continued

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by kakakoshina(m): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2017
hnm to good to b ignored

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 12:18am On Nov 03, 2017
Episode 13

© Lewis Dampson

Jasmine was confused. She paced her room for several minutes in confusion. “How could this girl survive the accident. I intentionally hit her hard because I wanted her dead. Now this is worse. Jesse will now be spending more time with her because she is in the hospital. I know him. He is always drawn to weakness. I have to do something. But, what should I do? Should I go to the hospital and finish what I started? No! that is a bad idea. I might get caught. Most hospitals have surveillance cameras and my face will be captured. What should I do now? I think I should call the girls to discuss this with them. Friendly Tigress and Sheila always have solutions to issues like this. Yes! I will call and go to them for more ideas. Sheila can help me. Come to think of it. Would she? Considering what happened yesterday. Oh, that is nothing. I know Sheila. She had a lot to drink yesterday. I think she won’t even remember what happened yesterday and even if she does, it is no big deal. Stuffs like this happen all the time. She will forgive me,” Jasmine brooded over these thoughts as she paced in her room.

With this in mind, Jasmine tried to reach her friends on phone. As expected, Sheila didn’t pick her calls and she couldn’t get through to Friendly Tigress. This made Jasmine more confused as she didn’t know what to do at the time. Finally, Sheila picked up. “Yes!! What is it!!? Why are you bothering me at this time of the night!!? Eh!!? After stealing my customer from me, you dare call my line again!!? You ingrate!!” Sheila exclaimed. “Sheila, I deserve all those words you are using. I am so sorry for doing that to you. The truth is that, i was going through a tough time at that moment and didn’t even know he was your customer. I should have apologized immediately, but I had so much to drink that i wasn’t thinking clearly. Please forgive me. You know you are family. I have nowhere to run to except to you,” Jasmine apologized.

Sheila remained silent on the phone for a while before she spoke. “I know you are apologizing because you need something from me. I know you, Jasmine. I know you both internally and externally. Anyway, as you said, we are family. So I have forgiven you. Now, let us discuss the reason you called. What can I help you with?” Sheila asked. “Yes! Can you believe that goat is still alive?” Jasmine said. “Which goat are you referring to?” Sheila asked in amazement. “I am talking about, Sandra. The lady chasing after my man. She survived the accident, my dear. I don’t know what to do again. I thought she died. Jesse has been spending all his time with her. I can’t even get through to him. I need to do something about it, Sheila and I need your suggestion,” Jasmine lamented.

The line was silent for a while again. “Hello… Sheila… Are you listening to me?” Jasmine asked. “Of course, I am. I was just thinking about how to help you solve this problem once and for all. Now listen to me carefully. If you allow this girl to recover, you will lose your man to her. I suggest you finish the game while she is still in the hospital,” Sheila suggested. “I thought about that earlier, but it didn’t sound like a good option,” said Jasmine still confused.

“Listen to me. You can do this secretly in the hospital without anyone knowing. I believe Jesse will be in the hospital by now. Just go there and pretend you are sad about what is going on with that girl. Gain his trust to gain access to her. Then finish her off when no one is watching,” Sheila suggested. “Hmm… What about if I am caught? What will I even use to finish her off?” Jasmine asked. “You are a smart girl, Jasmine. I know you will figure something out once you are near her,” Sheila responded. “If You say so. I am leaving my right now to the hospital. I will give you feedback when I get back. Thank you very much , Sheila,” said Jasmine thankfully. “The pleasure is all mine,” Sheila responded and hung up. Jasmine immediately dressed up and headed to the hospital.

Jesse was still at the hospital although it was very late. Sandra was worried within because Jesse would have to go to work the next morning. She had tried severally to make Jesse go home, but he still stood his grounds on staying a bit longer. “Sandra, life is more important than work,” was what Jesse often repeated when Sandra tried to persuade him to go home. Sandra knew there was no way she would win the battle. She gave up and slept while Jesse stood outside the door, but peeped through the glass in the door to watch her. He was so much into his own world when a tap on his shoulder brought him to reality. He turned to see who had tapped him. He was kind of surprised to see Jasmine in the hospital at that ungodly hour.

“Jasmine, what are you still doing here? Don’t tell me you went to my house to look for me?” Jesse asked. “I didn’t do that, dear. I knew you will be here so I came straight to this place. You know, I can’t leave you to bear this alone. I can see you care so much for this lady and I am here to support in any way,” Jasmine told Jesse. Jesse was impressed by the words of Jasmine. “That is so nice of you, Jasmine. It is very helpful and encouraging,” said Jesse. “It is late, honey. You have work tomorrow. I think you should go and rest and come back tomorrow. How can you help her if you get sick by stressing yourself. I will give you a ride home,” Jasmine suggested. “You have a good point there, Jasmine. Let us go. I will pass by to check on her in the morning before going to work,” said Jesse finally.

Jasmine was happy that her plan was going according to plan. She intentionally left her bracelet on the floor close to the door where Sandra laid. She gave a wry smile and went along with Jesse.

“Jesse, have you seen my bracelet anywhere,” said Jasmine as she began rummaging through her bag when they got into the car. “I am sure you left it in the house,” responded Jesse.” No, it was on my wrist when I entered into the hospital,” Jasmine insisted. “Really!!? Then maybe it fell off your hand while we were coming out. Go and check in the hospital. For all you know, it will be lying on the floor,” Jesse suggested. “I think so, Jesse. Please wait for me, okay? I will be back in no time,” Jasmine assured him and stepped out of the car. She went back into the hospital.

Jasmine was discrete about her movements. She made sure that she wasn’t noticed approaching Sandra’s room. She was able to unlock the door without being spotted. Lo and behold, there laid Sandra on the bed with Jasmine standing right next to her staring at her. “Stupid girl! You think you can mess with my boyfriend and go scot-free. I will give you a free visa to meet your Creator,” Jasmine said in her mind as she picked a pillow from the bed Sandra was slept on. She immediately pressed the pillow on Sandra’s face suffocating her in the process. Sandra woke up from her sleep, but was helpless. She couldn’t scream for help or fight back because of her broken arm and leg. She was at the mercy of Jasmine. Jasmine continued to suffocate Sandra. She wanted to achieve her goal in the short time she had. She mercilessly added her weight to fasten the process.

All of a sudden, two police officers barged into the room and caught Jasmine red-handed trying to kill Sandra. They immediately stopped her and arrested her. The policemen alerted the nurses who immediately attended to Sandra. Sandra was immediately put on oxygen. Jasmine was dragged out the room in handcuffs. She was shocked and surprise. How could the police find her? There was no policeman around when she was entering. She knew she was in serious trouble. Right at the reception, she saw Sheila. Sheila looked at her and gave out a wry smile. Jasmine immediately knew that it was Sheila who alerted the police. It was Sheila who betrayed her. She thought she was a friend. It seemed Sheila meant her threat at the nightclub.

...to be continued

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Dessydemmy: 9:46am On Nov 03, 2017
HNnnn!! was glued to my phone till I got here. Please mention dessydemmy in your next episode o.

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 10:32am On Nov 03, 2017
Nice one... Plz mention smartguruxxxxxxx in ur next post
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 11:18am On Nov 04, 2017
SMARTgurUxxxxxxx:
Nice one... Plz mention smartguruxxxxxxx in ur next post
I will try
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 11:23am On Nov 04, 2017
Episode 14

© Lewis Dampson

All of a sudden, two police officers barged into the room and caught Jasmine red-handed trying to kill Sandra. They immediately stopped her and arrested her. The policemen alerted the nurses who immediately attended to Sandra. Sandra was immediately put on oxygen. Jasmine was dragged out the room in handcuffs. She was shocked and surprise. How could the police find her? There was no policeman around when she was entering. She knew she was in serious trouble. Right at the reception, she saw Sheila. Sheila looked at her and gave her a wry smile. Jasmine immediately knew that it was Sheila who alerted the police. She thought she was a friend. It seemed Sheila meant her threat at the nightclub.

Jesse was sitting in the car when he saw policemen entering into the hospital. He didn’t seem much bothered initially since he thought they might be there on night patrols. He waited for some time, but Jasmine wasn’t coming out of the hospital. “What is keeping this girl? Doesn’t she know I have to return to this hospital early in the morning,” said Jesse in frustration.

Jesse became tensed with the intensity of the police presence. He was wondering why there was a heavy presence of the police at the hospital at that time of the day. “I have to get inside and get Jasmine. It seems there is something wrong. Yea! That explains why she has kept long inside the hospital. I need to get her,” Jesse said and got out of the car.

To his amazement, he saw Jasmine coming out of the building surrounded by two policemen. He also noticed her hands were behind her. He was glad to see her. He thought the police were evacuating the building and had found Jasmine. He ran towards her direction only to be stopped by a policeman. “My friend!! Where do you think you are going to?” The policeman asked with a harsh tone. The look on his face frightened Jesse. “I am going for my girl. There she is,” Jesse responded while pointing at Jasmine. “That! She is under arrest,” said the policeman.

Jesse was shocked and confused at the same time. But, his eyes were not deceiving him. Jasmine was indeed in handcuffs and he was dumbfounded. Nothing could express the shock on Jesse’s face as he watched Jasmine being tossed into the police car. “Please sir, what did she do?” Jesse asked the officer. “She has been arrested on murder charges. She was caught red-handed trying to kill a patient,” The Police Officer explained. “What!! Are you sure of what you are saying? I was with her in the car just some minutes ago. How can this be possible?” Jesse asked back in surprise.

The Officer began to suspect Jesse. “You mean you were with her before the incident took place?” the Police Officer asked ignoring Jesse’s initial question. “Yes! I was with her. A friend of mine is on admission here. I was with her when Jasmine came. We decided to go home together before we realized she had left her bracelet in the hospital. She had to go back for it,” Jesse said trying to explain himself. “And what is the name of this your friend?” The Officer asked. “Sandra is her name,” Jesse answered. “Sandra… Sandra… That is the name of the victim she tried to murder. Her name was given as Sandra,” the Officer blurted out. “I think there is a mix up somewhere. Why would Jasmine want to murder Sandra!!? This is insane and ridiculous!! It doesn’t make any sense!! They are not enemies, Officer!” Jesse exclaimed. “I am just giving you the facts. Anyway, since you know both the victim and the accused, your presence will be required at the station. You need to answer few questions,” the Officer finally said. Jesse had no other choice than to follow the Officer to the Police Station.

After answering few questions in the police station, Jesse came to know the truth about Jasmine. He felt sad for not being able to see those evil traits in her. “Why would Jasmine want to do this evil thing all in the name of love. And the fact that she is a prostitute is killing me. Stealing from all those men after sleeping with them? Jasmine, the one who calls herself my girlfriend is on a police wanted list for fraud? I can’t believe this! Why is this always my case? Why do I always encounter ill-lucks in relationships. Theodora left me for another man and slashed my heart into pieces. Now, Jasmine has succeeded in ripping my heart out of my chest,” Jesse said and cried on his way home.

Jesse was greatly troubled and depressed. The only thing that gave him some sort of Joy was when thoughts of Sandra came to his mind. “I have to go to the hospital to see how Sandra is doing. Oh, that poor girl! Innocent and calm as a sheep. Through no fault of hers, she is battling with death all because of that maniac called, Jasmine,” Jesse said and changed his direction from going home. He headed for the hospital.

Jesse got to the hospital to find Sandra on oxygen. The door to her hospital room was being guided by policemen. Jesse knew there was no way they would allow him to enter. He stared at Sandra through the glass in the door for some time, turned around and went home.

Jesse was greatly troubled when he got to the house. It was very late, but he couldn’t sleep. Sleep was not part of his problem. He was thinking if he was under a sort of curse that always lands him in the wrong relationship or he had wrong priorities. He thought about these things for a long time. “I have always wanted to be in a lasting relationship all my life. But, the more I search, the more i get unlucky. It is as if I am immune to happiness in a relationship. I poured out my heart into every relationship only to be disappointed with betrayal. How will I ever trust another woman again after this? They are all the same. The only difference is their curvatures and calving. They are all made up of the same component-betrayal!!” Jesse exclaimed as he laid on the sofa.

Although Jesse said those words in his moment of frustration, he still felt different about Sandra. He knew it would be difficult for him to trust another lady, but was he going to stay single forever. He thought it would be foolish to do so. “I won’t give up. I will continue to search until I find the one who will be true to me. There is no victory without strife and trials. I need to overcome this trial. The only person I know can be true to me is, Sandra. That lady has a pure heart. And as far as I am concerned, she is not dating. The only way I can forget about Jasmine is to enter into another relationship and Sandra is the perfect choice. My only prayer is for her survives and recover quickly so I can make my intentions known to her, “ Jesse said. He smiled and went to the bedroom to get a nap. The sun would be rising soon and he had to be in the office and the hospital.

Would Jesse be able to find happiness with Sandra?

...to be continued

Read more: www.youngicee.com

Cc: SMARTgurUxxxxxxx , Dessydemmy
Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
Episode 15

© Lewis Dampson

Although Jesse said those words in his moment of frustration, he still felt different about Sandra. He knew it would be difficult for him to trust another lady, but was he going to stay single forever. He thought it would be foolish to do so. “I won’t give up. I will continue to search until I find the one who will be true to me. There is no victory without strife and trials. I need to overcome this trial. The only person I know can be true to me is Sandra. That lady has a pure heart. And as far as I know, she is not dating. The only way I can forget about Jasmine is to enter into another relationship and Sandra is the perfect choice. My only prayer is she survives and recover quickly so I can make my intentions known to her, “ Jesse said. He smiled and went to the bedroom to have a nap. Day would be breaking soon and he had to be in the office and the hospital.

Jesse startled from his sleep with the thoughts of Jasmine and everything that had happened the previous day. He looked at the time and realized it was 5:30 in the morning. He got up and started preparing for work. He wanted to pass by the hospital to see how Sandra was doing. Within minutes, he was done and was out of the house en route to the hospital.

Jesse was at the hospital in no time. He needed to be fast to get to the office. As expected, he saw the policemen keeping watch over Sandra. He stopped and hesitated.He was thinking if they would allow him to enter the room to see Sandra. They refused him entry just the night before and he had no choice than to go home. He gathered courage and walked up to them. “Hello, Officers. Good morning,” greeted Jesse when he got nearer to the police officers. “Good morning, Sir. How may we help you?” One of the policemen answered and asked. “Please, I am here to see the patient. I came last night, but I wasn’t able to see her. Please can I see her now?” Jesse implored. “You can go in, but you have to be searched first. We are investigating a murder case and we can’t take any risk,” said another policeman. “No problem, Sir. You can go ahead,” Jesse responded.

With that Jesse was searched and allowed entry. He opened the door and was shocked by what he saw. He saw another guy in the room sitting beside Sandra. What even drew his attention was how the guy held Sandra’s hand. He held it so passionately. He wept as he spoke. Fortunately, Sandra was conscious, but was too weak to speak audibly initially. It seemed she just woke up from her sleep. Sandra was also sharing tears. Both of them seemed to be lost in their world that they couldn’t notice Jesse’s presence. Jesse stood there and eavesdropped on their conversation.

“Sandra, I am very sorry I left your side. I am feeling responsible for everything you are going through now. If I were to be by your side, I believe the story would have been different from this,” the guy said amidst tears. “It is not your fault, Desmond. You had every right to go. I was happy when I heard you were dating. I knew you loved me with all your heart and I am sorry for not reciprocating the feeling,” Sandra said almost indistinctively.

Now, Jesse was lost. He had no idea of where the conversation was getting to. First of all, he didn’t know Desmond. Sandra never mentioned his name in their numerous conversations. Jesse was wondering who Desmond was to Sandra. Was this how all his relationships were going to be? He just thought of Sandra as the right person and here she was catching up with God knows who. He was tempted to interrupt the conversation, but courtesy wouldn’t let him.

“I am here for you, Sandra. I won’t go anywhere this time around. I tried to find happiness elsewhere, but it all ended in misery. Do you think I will leave your side again? Never! I won’t dare. I will stay by your side always. I have realized that bad things happen to us when we are separated. We are meant for each other, Sandra,” said Desmond as he wiped tears from his eyes with the back of his hand. Jesse couldn’t stand the scene anymore. His emotions were completely imbalanced at the time that he forgot about how late he was to the office.

He wouldn’t have minded if it didn’t appear that Sandra was thinking about what Desmond was saying. Sandra was also weeping alongside Desmond. Jesse unintentionally kicked the door with his shoes out of nervousness. It was then, the two realized they had company. Sandra looked over Desmond’s shoulders and saw Jesse. “I am sorry for intruding. I will come back later,” Jesse said and began to fidget with the doorknob. “Jesse, I want you to meet, Desmond. He is my best friend,” Sandra said. Jesse left the doorknob and walked into the room nervously.

He shook Desmond’s hand and went over to Sandra. “How are you feeling?” Jesse asked. “I am better today. I am just glad that your crazy girlfriend didn’t send me to the grave at my prime,” Sandra said teasingly. “I am really sorry for that, Sandra. Another thing, I don’t want you to refer to her as my girlfriend. It is over between us! I cannot be in a relationship with the devil,” said Jesse. “I hear you, Sir. I believe you are dressed for work?” Sandra asked. “Yes, but I decided to see you before going and I am glad you are doing okay,” Jesse said and smiled. “The doctor said I will be discharged in three days’ time. I will join you when I am discharged,” Sandra assured Jesse. Jesse just smiled and Sandra reciprocated.

Meanwhile, Desmond was feeling uncomfortable with the way Jesse and Sandra had become so acquainted with each other. To the best of his knowledge, he was the only one who had that rapport with Sandra. He thought after the horrible breakup with Bella, he would come back to meet Sandra unattached. He was wondering how Jesse was able to get close to Sandra in such a short time. He knew Sandra to be a reserved person and only he had had the opportunity to penetrate her walls.

Jesse excused himself after speaking with Sandra for a while to go to work. He shook hands with Desmond the second time and said goodbye. Although he was happy he had the chance to talk to Sandra, he wasn’t feeling good leaving Sandra alone with a guy who was just professing love to her. But, there was nothing he could do to help the situation. He just needed to have hope. He was already late to work and he needed to hurry.

“I can see you have gotten yourself a new friend, Sandra,” said Desmond. “Oh, Jesse. He is my coworker. He is from the other company my company is having a meager with. We have indeed become close during the past few weeks. Actually, we are working together on a project,” said Sandra. “I see. That was why I wasn’t hearing from you anymore. I guess he is good at keeping company, “said Desmond jealously. Sandra just smiled and refused to comment on his statement.

Desmond realizing the silence decided to ask more questions to satisfy his curiosity. “So are you guys dating or something? Because I can really see the closeness,” Desmond asked. “Oh, no. His girlfriend was the one who ran me over with her car and tried to suffocate me yesterday. She almost killed me, Desmond out of jealousy. She thought Jesse was cheating on her with me,” Sandra responded. “You got to be kidding me! You mean that maniac is his girlfriend? “Desmond asked. “Was, Desmond. He broke up with her yesterday after the incident,” Sandra blurted out.

Desmond was immediately troubled when he realized that Jesse was single. He knew he was a real competition. “What are you thinking about, Desmond?” Sandra asked. “Nothing in particular, dear. Was just thinking about what I would have done if I had lost you. Considering the fact that I haven’t seen you in months. It would have been very difficult for me. I am just glad you survived. I am happy that you didn’t slip away from me, Sandra,” Desmond said passionately almost at the brink of shedding tears .

Who will win the battle for the love of Sandra?

...to be continued

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Dessydemmy: 8:23am On Nov 06, 2017
I'm gonna follow you bumper to bumper. Weldone dear.

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2017
Episode 16

© Lewis Dampson

Desmond was immediately troubled when he realized that Jesse was single. He knew he was a real competition. “What are you thinking about, Desmond?” Sandra asked. “Nothing in particular, dear. Was just thinking about what I would have done if I lost you. Considering the fact that I haven’t seen you in months. It would have been very difficult for me. I am just glad you survived. I am happy that you didn’t slip away from me, Sandra,” Desmond said passionately almost at the brink of shedding tears .

During Sandra’s brief moment at the hospital, both guys made it a point to visit her on daily basis. After all that Jesse had been through in the hands of his former fiancées, he was not ready to lose this one to some random guy who just surfaced out of nowhere. This time around, he wasn’t going to sit down and fold his arms like some scared cat for someone to snatch his happiness from him. He was going to fight for it. His ideology of leaving things to chance was way over. He had learnt that, in order to get what you want, strife was necessary. Likewise, Desmond saw Sandra as his soulmate. He had tried several relationships and they all didn’t workout. He always ended up crawling back to Sandra. He wasn’t going to allow some stranger who just popped out from the skies to steal his soulmate from him! He knew he and Sandra were meant to be and he got to fight for his happiness.

Sandra was discharged from the hospital after two weeks. Jesse was the first to be at the hospital to drive her home. He brought a check from the office indicating that the company had paid all her medical bails in full. “I can see you are doing well now, Sandra. That is good! You could barely stand on your feet last week. I am really impressed with how fast you are healing. We miss you back at the office, but I got to confess, I miss your company more,” said Jesse as he was helping Sandra pack her belongings. “That is nice of them. It is a good feeling to know that people care about you that much. Thank you, Jesse for being there for me,” Sandra said with a smile. “We are running late, girl. We got to move before they start giving us bails o long chatting,” Jesse said and laughed. Sandra also laughed as she enjoyed Jesse’s sense of humor.

Jesse carried all of Sandra’s bags to the car he brought from the company. He quickly went back and helped Sandra to the car. Sandra started laughing heartily the moment she entered the car. “What is so funny? You can share so that we can both enjoy the moment,” Jesse said and smiled. Sandra continued to laugh the more. It was as if every sentence Jesse spoke was a comic line to her. “You are freaking me out now, Sandra. Please tell me why you are laughing,” Jesse implored. “It is nothing really, Jesse. Never mind,” said Sandra. She stopped laughing when she realized what she was doing was actually getting to Jesse. “I mind, please. Tell me why,” said Jesse as he looked into Sandra’s eyes. “A thought just came to mind. A thought of the first day we met. The way you were behaving then and how you are behaving now. I just can’t correlate the two you know. But, it is all good. I knew you were this tenderhearted the first time we met and I was right,” Sandra responded. Jesse remained silent for a while, wagged his head with a smile and drove off.

Just after Jesse drove off from the hospital, Desmond came to the scene. He also knew Sandra was being discharged that morning and wanted to be the one to pick her from the hospital. But, as you know, he was very late. He went to Sandra’s hospital room only to discover an empty bed. He knew he had been beaten. He knew Jesse had come to pick her up, but there was nothing to do. The only thing he could do was to find time and visit Sandra in her house.

Jesse dropped Sandra in her house and drove off to work. He sought permission from work to pick Sandra from the hospital. The duration he was given to execute that job was expiring and he needed to get to the company as fast as possible.

Sandra went to take a shower the moment she got into the house. She laid on her bed to rest for a while, but couldn’t. She found herself thinking about both Jesse and Desmond. She was now hit with the reality of choosing between the two. Initially, it was just Jesse in the picture, but now Desmond had been factored into the equation. “What am I going to do now? Both Jesse and Desmond are great guys and I don’t know who to go for. Desmond has been a sweetheart since school days. He has never given up on me although I never reciprocated his feelings. He has been there for me always. What if I am making a mistake of shunning the only person who knows both my good and bad attitudes, but still loves me for who I am. Look at what happened to me some weeks ago because of Jesse. I was nearly killed by that crazy girl! Who knows what will happen next if I continue with Jesse,” Sandra pondered.

She got down from the bed and started pacing in her bedroom. “But, wait! What happened to me wasn’t Jesse’s fault. There was no way he could have known about that. To think of it, he is also very caring just like Desmond. To be frank with myself, I have intimate affection for him. What I feel for Desmond is more of a brotherly affection. What should I do? I’m so confused!” Sandra continued to ponder about the issue.

“There is this saying that the devil you know is better than the angel you don’t know. I know Desmond very well. It will be wise for me to stick with him rather than plunging my future into the realms of the unknown. Throughout these years, I have not given him the chance to prove himself. I think I should do that now. Perhaps, this brotherly feeling might change over time,” Sandra thought as a knock on the door interrupted her thinking.

Sandra ambled to the door. She was wondering who could be knocking on her door at the moment she was deciding on her future. She opened the door only to find Desmond standing in the doorway. Desmond!! I didn’t see you at the hospital today. How are you doing?” Sandra asked. “I am doing great and I am glad you are also doing fine. I went to the hospital only to realize that I was late in coming to pick you, “ Desmond said. “That is no problem, Desmond. I got someone to bring me home. Come on! Come in! The place is quite messy, but I guess you can manage. Will clean it up tomorrow, Sandra said and led Desmond into the house.

Desmond brought out food and drinks. “ I knew you would be hungry now and you won’t have the strength to cook. So I bought us something, “Desmond said and went to the kitchen to get some plates and wine glasses. Sandra was surprised and shocked. She didn’t understand why Desmond was so super romantic towards her. “This is it!! I am going to give Desmond a chance. He is so good to me. I don’t want to be part those girls who get a perfect gentleman for a future husband in their reach and let them go all in the name of seeing them as mere friends or brothers. I won’t make that mistake and regret later,” Sandra said.

Desmond came back with the plates and glasses on a tray. He dished out the food and they both began to eat. “Sandra, I know this is out of place considering you have just returned home from the hospital, but I have no other choice. I need to know my fate and where I stand. I believe you remember all that I told you in the hospital, “Desmond said and waited for a while for Sandra to nod in agreement before continuing. “Very good! I am glad you remember. So what is your answer, Sandra? Do you have an answer for me? “ Desmond asked. “I have had a deep thought about all that we spoke about at the hospital. The truth is that, I still don’t have any intimate feelings for you yet. But, I want to give us a chance. You are a good friend, Desmond and I know you will make me happy. I am just hoping I will be able to see you as something more than a mere friend one day,” Sandra answered. Desmond was very happy with the answer. He had finally succeeded in letting Sandra say yes to him. It was a relief after many years of rejection.

...to be continued

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 7:29am On Nov 07, 2017
U are great bro... Keep it up......... I think Desmond's r/ship with Sandra won't last if at all Sandra should fall for him, coz Desmond might be a bully or a cheat considering the several break ups ...jux thinking tho

1 Like

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 11:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
Episode 17

© Lewis Dampson

Desmond came back with plates and glasses on a tray. He dished out the food and they both began to eat. “Sandra, I know this is out of place considering you have just come home from the hospital, but I have no other choice. I need to know my fate and where I stand. I believe you remember all that I told you in the hospital, “Desmond said and waited for a while for Sandra to nod in agreement before continuing. “Very good! I am glad you remember. So what is your answer, Sandra? Do you have an answer for me? “ Desmond asked. “I have had a deep thought about all that we spoke about back at the hospital. The truth is that, I still don’t have any intimate feelings for you yet. But , I want to give us a chance. You are a good friend, Desmond and I know you will make me happy. I am just hoping I will be able to see you as someone more than a friend one day,” Sandra answered. Desmond was very happy with the answer. He had finally succeeded in letting Sandra say yes to him. It was a relief after many years of rejection.

Jesse was at work when he heard his phone rung. He quickly took it from the table only to be stunned by who was calling him. It was Theodora. He hesitated for some time, but finally picked the call. “Hello,” said Jesse. “Hello, Jesse. How are you doing?” Theodora inquired. “I am fine,” Jesse responded sharply. “Why are you acting cold towards me, Jesse,” Theodora asked. “After all you did to me, you have the boldness to ask me this question!? You thought you were leaving me so I would be miserable. Your plans didn’t work, Theodora!! I met a wonderful girl who has made me forget all about you. I don’t even think about you anymore. Oh, and your portrait that hung on my wall is long gone. I am over you, Theodora,” Jesse lashed out at Theodora.

Theodora began to cry over the phone. She had never seen Jesse react that way. She was calling to apologize for what she did to him. She had began to have problems in her marriage and needed someone to talk to. She knew Jesse was a good listener and hence was calling him for some advice. Her hope was shattered when Jesse lashed out at her with those words.
Jesse realized that Theodora was crying. He felt sad within for treating her that way. He didn’t even ask for the reason she called. At that point, Theodora’s crying intensified and Jesse could feel the pain in her cry. “Hey, Theodora, I am sorry for what I just said,” Jesse apologized. “It is not your fault, Jesse. I deserve that. I treated you in an inhumane way when I left you for my husband,” she said amidst crying. “What is it? Why are you crying? Is it because of what I said? I am sorry for hurting your feelings,” Jesse asked and pleaded. “That is not the source of my worries, Jesse,” Theodora responded. “Then what is it?” Jesse asked. “It is my husband, Jesse. I am beginning to feel I made a mistake,” Theodora confessed. “Wow! Those are strong words. Can you explain further?” Jesse asked. “I will Jesse, but not on phone. I will come over to your place when you close from work. This is not an issue to be discussed on phone,” Theodora responded. “Alright, if you say so, Theodora,” Jesse said. They said goodbye to each other and Jesse ended the call.

Meanwhile, Sandra and Desmond were enjoying each other’s company. Desmond didn’t want to leave Sandra’s side. He had daydreamed about that moment for years and now that it was finally happening, he wanted to enjoy every moment of it. “Desmond, you didn’t tell me why you ended things with Bella. What happened?” Sandra asked Desmond. “Hmm.. It was hell dating that girl, Sandra. Bella had been showing signs of interest in me for a longtime. When it became apparent then that I wouldn’t have any place in your life, I thought of Bella as an excellent replacement. But, I was wrong to think so. Within the first weeks of the relationship, everything was wonderful. It was so full of excitement and love until familiarity began to set in. That was when the true nature of Bella began to manifest. It was like we were two enemies fighting a war. Every conversation turns into an argument and we could hardly go a day without arguing to an extent I became used to it. It got to a time I couldn’t handle it anymore. I reasoned that, if we could fight as much as that just some few weeks into the relationship, then how was it going to be when I married her. I realized I was heading for disaster and had to call it off,” Desmond explained.

Sandra stared at him for some time. “Are you sure it is not for my sake you broke that poor girl’s heart?” Sandra teased.
Desmond smiled and took Sandra’s hand. “That was not it my dear. It is true that I love you very much, but when I am committed to something, I stay committed. I wasn’t happy with her and had to end the relationship before things got out of hand. Maybe, we were not meant to be. I am sure she would find a better suitor,” said Desmond. They both smiled and talked. Desmond received an urgent call and had to leave immediately. Sandra escorted him to his car and he drove off.

“I just pray I will be able to love this guy as he loves me. He has a good heart, but I don’t understand why I don’t feel any intimacy for him. I love him very much, but as a brother. I really need time to develop this feeling because I think of Jesse even when I am with Desmond. Why should it be so? Why can’t everything in life just be simple!? I want to be with Jesse, but I can’t because I am scared I might get hurt again by those his lunatic and obsessed girlfriends. This is really a war,” Sandra brooded over this as she headed back into her house. She was indeed confused, but was determined to make things work out between her and Desmond.
Jesse closed work and decided to pass by Sandra’s place before going home. Sandra was asleep when Jesse got to her house.
She hadn’t rested because of the long chat she had with Desmond. Jesse knocked severally before she ambled to the door with sleepy eyes. When she opened the door, Jesse realized she was asleep and apologized for waking her up. “It is okay, Jesse. I was actually expecting you to pass by after work. Is the meager agreement going smoothly? I hope my absence hadn’t caused any major inconveniences?” Sandra asked. “There is no need to worry about anything, Sandra. I have covered everything. I want you to rest well so you can heal faster. Don’t burden yourself with work,” said Jesse.

Jesse waited for a while to make sure he had got Sandra’s attention before he continued. “Sandra, these past days had made me analyze a lot of things. I have come to realize that I have strong feelings for you. I don’t want you to be afraid of anything because the person who could have cause troubles is behind bars. I know that the feeling is mutual because I also see how you enjoy spending time with me. I want to make it official, dear. Would you want to be in a relationship with me?” Jesse asked.

Sandra became quiet for a while. Actually, that freaked out Jesse since he was expecting a straight ‘yes’ answer from Sandra. But, his hope began to dwindle by Sandra’s mysterious silence. “Jesse, I am surprised. I wasn’t expecting that at all, trust me. Please, can I give you an answer later? As you are aware, I was discharged from the hospital today. Can we please discuss this another time?” Sandra implored Jesse. Jesse agreed by nodding. He was showing signs of displeasure although he agreed. He had come there to pour out his heart only to be met with an indefinite answer. He knew himself. Raising such a topic again wouldn’t be easy. He had to show virtues of patience if he was going to win Sandra’s heart. He had no idea that Sandra had accepted Desmond’s proposal earlier in the day.

Why didn’t Sandra inform Jesse about her new relationship? What has she got in mind? What about Theodora? What is she trying to achieve by contacting Jesse?

...to be continued

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by Oyinprince(m): 11:20am On Nov 08, 2017
Episode 18

© Lewis Dampson

Sandra became quiet for a while. Actually, that freaked out Jesse since he was expecting a straight ‘yes’ answer from Sandra. But, his hope became to dwindle by the sudden silence of Sandra. “Jesse, I am surprised. I wasn’t expecting it, trust me. Please, can I give you an answer later? As you are aware, I was discharged from the hospital today. Can we please discuss this another time?” Sandra implored Jesse. Jesse agreed by nodding. He was showing signs of displeasure although he agreed. He had come there to pour out his heart only to be met with an indefinite answer. He knew himself. Raising such a topic again wouldn’t be easy. He had to show virtues of patience if he was going to win Sandra’s heart. He had no idea that Sandra had accepted Desmond’s proposal earlier in the day.

The only option for Jesse now was to allow Sandra to think about his proposal for some time. Perhaps he was too eager for the relationship to commence. He thought of it as a good idea. He immediately changed the topic to the relief of Sandra. He later excused himself to go home. Sandra escorted him to the door and bade him goodbye. The moment Jesse started walking on the road, thoughts about what Theodora said came to his mind. He was wondering what at all could have made her contact him in such a manner. There was only one way of finding out. He just hoped she will fulfill her promise by coming over.

True to her promise, Jesse found Theodora in front of his house. It seemed she had been standing there for quite some time. Jesse had mixed feelings about everything that was happening. “Finally, Jesse. You are in,” said Theodora. “Yes! I must confess, I am surprised to see you,” Jesse confessed. “I know, Jesse. I have been waiting for you here for some time. What kept you? Because I know the time you close,” Theodora inquired. “I had to pass by a friend’s house. She isn’t feeling well,” Jesse responded. “Wow! She!? I see you are doing well without me,” Theodora teased. “She is not what you think. I said a friend not a fiancee,” said Jesse. “if you say so, Jesse, but I know you. Can we go inside?” Theodora asked. “Sure! Please come in,” Jesse said and opened the door for Theodora.

Theodora started pacing the room immediately she entered. “I see! Same old Jesse. Nothing has changed here except my portrait. You were serious when you said you have thrown it away. I never thought you could get over me that quickly,” said Theodora as she still paced the house. Jesse kept mute and ignored her. “Silent as always,” Theodora teased. “You said you wanted to discuss something important with me. I am here now. Can we begin?” Jesse interjected. “What is the name of the girl you were talking about over the phone? Was she the one you went to see before coming here?” Asked Theodora trying to divert Jesse’s question. “Please, that was not the answer to my question. That is my private business. Can you start talking about your reason for coming here? I don’t have all day!!” Jesse exclaimed. “Calm down, Jesse. I was just pulling your legs,” said Theodora.

Theodora sat in the sofa in silence and began to cry. “This is the only laugh I have had in months, Jesse. There is no joy in my marriage. What I am seeing is horror. I never thought I would end up like this,” Theodora said amidst tears. Her tears moved Jesse. He felt sorry for her although he didn’t know what her problem was. “What is it, Dor? You know you can tell me anything,” Jesse said as he tried his best to comfort her. “You are the first person I am disclosing this to, Jesse. No one knows about this. It is actually difficult for me to tell anyone. I trust you very much that is why I am going to tell you this,” said Theodora. “I am all ears, Theodora,” Jesse said.

“You remember the day you proposed to me?” Theodora asked. “Yes, I do; and I also remember how you ripped my heart out of my chest when you laughed at me. I still remember those words coming out from your mouth. “You can’t handle me, Jesse. I am too big for you to contain,”” Jesse responded with pain and sadness in his voice. “I am so sorry for that, Jesse. I was not wise then. I met this guy on my way to your place that faithful day. He gave me a ride from my Junction to this place. The guy looked very rich and in fact was very rich. We had a lengthy chat in the car on my way here. I realized he was interested in me. You know my weakness for money, Jesse. I couldn’t resist. I weighed both of you in my mind and came to the conclusion that he was a better choice than you. That was why I gave you the kind of answer I did when I came over,” Theodora explained.

Jesse just looked on in silence. He was lost for word. He just watched Theodora as she paused for a while to wipe her tears. “That was the worst mistake of my life, Jesse. The day I rejected you for him. He was very intense with his approach and I fell for it. He talked about marrying me and I couldn’t control myself. I mean who wouldn’t want to be married to such a successful guy?” Theodora asked rhetorically.

“We scheduled the married for the following month. He quickly went to see my parents to ask for my hand in marriage. My mom was quite suspicious when she got to know how long we have dated. She advised me to take my time to know the guy well before committing myself to the institution of marriage. I would have none of it. I remember vividly the constant disagreement I had with my parents because of that issue. It got to a time I wasn’t talking to them anymore. I gave them no choice, but to accept my decision. The date for the wedding was finally fixed and I got married to Newman.

Everything was working as I envisioned. Newman was so sweet and caring. He often showered me with expensive gifts anytime he came back from his travels. It was just me, him and the dog in the house. He treated both the dog and myself well. I was beginning to get jealous since Newman gave the dog the same attention he gave me. Sometimes the dog got more attention. I was thinking why he would give an animal so much attention than a human being. But, I reasoned that, the dog had been with him for a long time and they have really gotten acquainted with each other. So it was a normal thing.

Three months into the marriage, I got pregnant. That was where everything took a turn. Newman initially was supportive even until the baby was born. I gave birth to the baby in London. I came back to Ghana to find a new Newman. He was surrounded by new friends I didn’t know of. He became distant and always spends his nights out of our matrimonial bed.

I followed him one night when he got up from bed to do whatever he had always been doing at that ungodly hour. I was so filled with curiosity. I trailed him as he walked on the compound backward in a spiral movement. He removed his clothing at a point and did walked backward again with his unclothedness. I was so frightened. He was mumbling some words on is lips as he walked. The next thing I saw was that, he approaching the dog’s kennel. What I saw with my eyes can’t be explained with words. But, let me try and explain as well as I can. I saw my husband having intimacy with the dog with do much passion. He had never expressed such passion to me in our entire marital life. I was so horrified. It was then I understood why he gave the dog more attention. It wasn’t just a dog to him,” Theodora began to wail at this point. Jesse embraced her and began to comfort her.

...to be continued

Re: A Game Of Love And Obsession by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 9:29am On Nov 09, 2017
Nice one... I still dey follow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Nairaland Crime Stories / Chimamanda Adichie At Johns Hopkins University For African Conference (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Honored With Barnes And Noble Award (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.