Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 (31614 Views)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates Bagging A PhD In Mathematics At 27 (Photos) / Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship / Man Gets His PhD At 65 To Fulfill Promise He Made To His Daughter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by activistjohnny(m): 12:25am On Oct 21, 2017
27-year-old Chigoziem Emereuwa lost her entire family to a car crash that claimed all her siblings and both parents on the 17th of August 2001, but she is now prepped to graduate with a PhD in pure mathematics from the University of Pretoria, S. Africa
In an interview with Flourish Africa, she recounted how the tragic incident occurred. According to her, : “I only remember being in the back seat, playing a travel game with my sister and then waking up in hospital.
I don’t recall any form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) as my paternal family made sure I wasn’t alone, I didn’t even get a chance to mourn properly. It seemed like the loss hit my aunts more than it did me so I had to be strong.
However, my grades did go down and my mom was no longer there to push me. I felt no urge to work hard since I had learnt that you could lose everything in a second so, why bother?”
As she gets older, Chigo has found support in good friends, cousins that have become siblings and a constant reassurance that no matter what happens, everything works out in the end.
“Every time I wake up, I remind myself that I am my parent’s legacy so I try to stay focused on my end game which is to be better than I was yesterday,” she added.

SOURCE:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/10/nigerian-lady-who-survived-car-crash.html

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by activistjohnny(m): 12:27am On Oct 21, 2017
God really do his wonders when a destiny is been fulfilled. she didn't stopped from not achieve her destiny purpose in life. God bless you sis. you have make your entire generation proud.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by activistjohnny(m): 12:27am On Oct 21, 2017
cc lalasticlala cc fynestboi cc oamj4
Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by gracefoundmme(m): 12:52am On Oct 21, 2017
wow.. great

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by Fxmanager(m): 5:00am On Oct 21, 2017
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by doctimonyeka(m): 7:01am On Oct 21, 2017
Inspiring indeed....

More grace great lady..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by LifeofAirforce(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2017
Cool

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by Edoi(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2017
Congratulations to you dear
May God continue to fill ur life with peace prosperity joy and happiness in overflowing measures IJN... Amen.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by nairaman66(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2017
Impressive

5 Likes

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 21, 2017
Awww, I don't know her but I'm proud of her cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 21, 2017
Still living for a purpose. You will get there.

6 Likes

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by tstx(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2017
very impressive

6 Likes

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by Stevengerd(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2017
Woman with vision and fore sight. no be dis wans wey wapa here deh form feminist.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by raymytech: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2017
Only her? If it's a male, no way!
Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by masada: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2017
Motivational

gues d death of her loved ones gave her d drive

cool
Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2017
Most times dissapointments makes people very focus in Life.
Olamide say they shot his dad and his dad nearly died...thats when he realized he needs to organize his life...

My dad tells me this almost everyday, Son what if I sleep and wake up no more what will be of you and ur siblings...This question is the greatest question I have ever been asked in my entire Life....but only one way to have a. solution to this question is to work very very Hard.... Congrats Lady smiley smiley

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by ojmetrix(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2017
no mater wat u ar going through there is always better days ahead

5 Likes

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by rottenPussy: 8:10am On Oct 21, 2017
This is what happens when you have God fearing uncles, aunties and cousins. Not some bastards who instead of taking up the responsibility to help see her through life, they go about witch hunting so they can get all the parent properties.

I’m happy for you girl...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by lonelydora: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2017
Bad situations are meant to make us strong and not break us.

"Always allow that tears to be what will water your growth"

Congratulations to the real slay queen.

She's even a Nigerian Biafran girl.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by maberry(m): 8:11am On Oct 21, 2017
activistjohnny:
God really do his wonders when a destiny is been fulfilled. she didn't stopped from not achieve her destiny purpose in life. God bless you sis. you have make your entire generation proud.
Hmmm
I just dey admire your post grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by kay29000(m): 8:12am On Oct 21, 2017
She is really strong. I would have gone off the tangent. But i don't really understand the part where she said she never really got the chance to mourn her dead family members. Anyway, congrats to her.
Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by MrMcJay(m): 8:12am On Oct 21, 2017
Congratulations to her, her late parents and siblings would be very proud of her.
Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by ugo13(m): 8:12am On Oct 21, 2017
Strong woman.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by NCANTaskForce: 8:12am On Oct 21, 2017
Congratulations to her, Let her come and get the PhD in UNN even in her 60th year, grin cheesy cool .

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by ricsman(m): 8:12am On Oct 21, 2017
guess she isn't in Nigeria....
her relations/parents are rich...

congratulations dear
Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by Hotpurewater(m): 8:12am On Oct 21, 2017
She is beautiful. She will fulfill her destiny here on earth. May the souls of her departed family continue to rest in peace Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by OCTAVO: 8:12am On Oct 21, 2017
Congrats gurl
Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by BarakOkenny(m): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2017
Brownouts are not burnouts.
Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by lekbel09(m): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2017
There is nothing that God cannot do even when all hope seems lost

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Survived A Car Crash That Killed Her Entire Family, Bags PhD At 27 by Abdul3391(m): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2017
really inspiring

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ossai Osanebi Sends 500K To Stephanie Idolor / Mathematician In The House, Help Me / FUNAAB Student Hospitalised After A ₦5k Bet To Drink A Bottle Of Gin (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.