Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's (25552 Views)

Two Nairalanders went to Ibeshe Beach Satellite Town,Lagos #pics+vid / A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. / ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by biggerboyc(m): 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
dok
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by johnnyn1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
I see Investment bayen
I see Investment bayen
I see Investment bayen
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by nkemdi89(f): 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
I have been there, lots of crabs that you will always encounter them on your way early in the morning, funny enough the residents don't eat the crabs instead they go for the one close to the water. Fishes are cheap there too, back then they do beg the children to come to school, as parents are Free to come to school and take their children away for errands.
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Bullhari007(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
they are calling us to come and develop , later they will know ibeshe is Yoruba land.... Yoruba people should come and invest and develop this one... Ndi Ara

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Crowny11(f): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
dominique:
Too many island communities in Lagos, I'm hearing of this for the first time.

Ibeshe is not the only island on that axis, therebare still like five more communities in that same area....
for instance, am staying at ibasa island, and it the same place you take there boats....
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Awoofawo(m): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
Bullhari007:
they are calling us to come and develop , later they will know ibeshe is Yoruba land.... Yoruba people should come and invest and develop this one... Ndi Ara
Ori e ti daru patapata....... where dem call potopoto developers to com do wetin......oniranu......na ya type fix develop something like this. Goand siddon joor! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

We dey talk of developers......folk like you dey show face....this world yaf spoil lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by deturla: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
Crowny11:

Ibeshe is not the only island on that axis, therebare still like five more communities in that same area....
for instance, am staying at ibasa island, and it the same place you take there boats....

Can we come?

Are there notable people we can meet there as well? Please let's do a PM.
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by ladja2013: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
There are 3 unwritten rules which can aid in the development of a place , First, the government' must be getting good revenue in terms of taxes levies​ or companies in the environs, secondly ,it must be of a good political use in terms of votes coming from the place . Thirdly​ there must be a very powerful politicians within the area that can manouvre and get things done for the area. Alimosho can produce votes and we have good politicians like Adefulire father in the area , Ikeja always bring in money etc.
In the case of Ibeshe nothing like any of the three . The road was done courtesy of the close friendship between ex Gov fashola and the traditional ruler in the area, as well as the estates belonging to a big gun in Lagos . The area lacks planning and organisation. This is why Baddo thrive here. To contruct the bridge will require billions of Naira and no prospect of recovering​ such a huge outlay. Even if it has a toll gate ,how many people will ply the area ,it has no commercial value . But the government can still assist in doing the roads network and provide primary health services. The police station buy the First Bank need upgrade and a new station should be open inside the community because those living in the area are giving birth to children at a very alarming rate

1 Like

Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Bullhari007(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
Awoofawo:
Ori e ti daru patapata....... where dem call potopoto developers to com do wetin......oniranu......na ya type fix develop something like this. Goand siddon joor! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

We dey talk of developers......folk like you dey show face....this world yaf spoil lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by adegeye38(m): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2017
the place looks absolutely beautiful, it would be a nice movie location, Lagos state government really need to do more to annex d potential of the city
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Awoofawo(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
Bullhari007:
A fool glad post....continue to dream, you will soon wake up.......have you and your household start mastering your Yoruba...if not get ready for deportation back to potopoto republic................. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Eko no go spoil......... na one by one we go up root all Otelio from anywhere that dare to play treachery with our Cultural heritage!

Is that not one Evans brother picture, you just post now as meme........awon oloshe olote...kidnapper, Drug baron, potopoto babies manufacturers, intercontinental Olosho oshe!
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by wildchild02: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Educative

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE!
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Bullhari007(m): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
Awoofawo:
A fool glad post....continue to dream, you will soon wake up.......have you and your household start mastering your Yoruba...if not get ready for deportation back to potopoto republic................. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Eko no go spoil......... na one by one we go up root all Otelio from anywhere that dare to play treachery with our Cultural heritage!
typical yellowbar coward when it started nah you go first change ur name to Yusuf just to avoid been Lynch, One thing I like about the yorubas is their cowardness.. Is very funny seeing a yoruba man after much ranting and making noise when you engage him into a fight you will see his legs reaching his back while running. .
You have said enough and we are looking forward for that glorious war to conquer Lagos..
So stop barking behind ur doors, open it and come out right now and chase de igbos away lemme see if you will survive the first 25minutes of the war
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by MaziOmenuko: 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
I frequent the ibeshe beach. Serves me well rather than drive down to elegushi. Just that the beach is dirty, the locals don't clean it up, they are only interested in the fees they collect.

Still yet, it's still a nice destination. No access road so you lark and board a boat down to the beach. It sure do need the intervention of the govt to make it better. Those shanties by the beach side are an eyesore.
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Westlord007: 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
deturla:

Is the Lagos State government ready to do that?

And I don't think the said government is ready to provide the amenities suggested in the write up either.
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Harbay0101(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2017
BakireBulmaker:
My grandpa once lived there.

Boats were the only means of reaching the area.

Lie Lie, I guess you aren't talking about same Ibeshe, I did my secondary schooling there, (Keme Balogun College) I wonder the route you took your boat
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by psp2pc(m): 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2017
I wz dia
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Taiwo20(m): 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
ednut1:
no vex sir grin

please, in which local government is Ibeshe and environs located
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Awoofawo(m): 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
Bullhari007:
typical yellowbar coward when it started nah you go first change ur name to Yusuf just to avoid been Lynch, One thing I like about the yorubas is their cowardness.. Is very funny seeing a yoruba man after much ranting and making noise when you engage him into a fight you will see his legs reaching his back while running. .
You have said enough and we are looking forward for that glorious war to conquer Lagos..
So stop barking behind ur doors, open it and come out right now and chase de igbos away lemme see if you will survive the first 25minutes of the war

Where is the dilector...............go and ask him the meaning of coward.......................or better still exhume Ojuwku corpse to ask him, how run comot Nigeria...................

e go surprise you na by time, we take common sense finish your lot..........you will not only bow but wow!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All your story no hold any thing on me! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by ednut1(m): 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2017
Taiwo20:

please, in which local government is Ibeshe and environs located
festac
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by duroc(m): 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
I once shot the beach with a Blackmagic camera in 2014. The beach is dirty though.

Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
Harbay0101:

Lie Lie, I guess you aren't talking about same Ibeshe, I did my secondary schooling there, (Keme Balogun College) I wonder the route you took your boat
Oga, stop disgracing Yourself and People living in Ikorodu please. I thought it was the Ibeshe in Ikorodu too until I saw Photos and someone else's comment about it linking to Ijegun. The Ibeshe in Ikorodu is not an Island, It is accessible by road. This Ibeshe OP is talking about is an Island. You should at least calm down first before calling him a Liar.
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Bullhari007(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Awoofawo:

Where is the dilector...............go and ask him the meaning of coward.......................or better still exhume Ojuwku corpse to ask him, how run comot Nigeria...................

e go surprise you na by time, we take common sense finish your lot..........you will not only bow but wow!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All your story no hold any thing on me! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
he is much alive and the dream liveth , I heard crocodile smiles is killing every agbero in Lagos, The same Fulani herdsmen have been hunting Yorubas for sport for decades, and they don't even consider Yoruba Muslims as equals but inferior beings! And fellow beings like you dare not counter, vent your anger or even put up such scrap as you posted above about them! Indeed Yorubas have always maintained a deafening silence. It's so pathetic that Yorubas would instead look for the Igbos to accuse! TUFIAKWA
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by jaydee87(m): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
deturla:

Is the Lagos State government ready to do that?
the govt can't see everything but with projects like this am sure they will soon visit the area. how will I het there from the mainland pls.
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by jaydee87(m): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
I frequent the ibeshe beach. Serves me well rather than drive down to elegushi. Just that the beach is dirty, the locals don't clean it up, they are only interested in the fees they collect.

Still yet, it's still a nice destination. No access road so you lark and board a boat down to the beach. It sure do need the intervention of the govt to make it better. Those shanties by the beach side are an eyesore.
how can I get there pks
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by deturla: 4:22am On Oct 22, 2017
jaydee87:
how can I get there pks

From Abule Ado in Festac, get a bike to Ijegun jetty. There you can board a boat heading to the Ibeshe community.

Let me know when you are ready to go. You can hit me up on Whatsapp.

Cheers.

http://deedeesblog.com
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by jefcee: 7:59am On Oct 22, 2017
Casteilla Private Limited

How to get your books published, promoted and translated?
Casteilla.in:
The best website to publish your e-book is Casteilla.in, because along with e-publishing, you can also get free social media marketing and affordable translation for your e-books. Through Casteilla® You could publish your e-book in numerous e-publishing websites in a go. They have partnered with several international and national e-publishers, along with their own e-book store(work in progress). Following are the things that you have to do:
Publishing:
1. Get your manuscript ready in word or PDF format
2. Make sure you have the right to publish the book and there is no one else who would claim rights for the same
3. Contents of your book should not be present anywhere else in the internet and your books should pass plagiarism check
4. Send your manuscript to books@casteilla.in. Your manuscript will be checked for the above criteria and then be published in several international and Indian websites along with their own e-book store. Your book will be published with “Print on Demand” in websites that allow this option.
5. Once the checking process is done, you will receive a mail asking for some basic details and banking details for crediting your royalties for every book sold. Fill those details and reply back.
6. Once a copy of your book gets sold, it would be updated and 70% of the royalty amount received from other websites and 90% of the amount at which your book is sold in Casteilla book store would be credited to you every month.
Promotion:
1. All your e-books will be promoted in social media for free. If you require more advertisement through blogs or newspaper advertisements, mention “E-book promotion details” in the subject line and send an email to with your message to books@casteilla.in . You would get assistance on the payment details for such promotions. Make the necessary payment and publish your advertisements.
Translation:
1. Casteilla® provides one of the most affordable translation services for e-books. If you need to get your e-books translated, send a small sample of 100 words to books@casteilla.in and mention “E-book translation details” in the subject line. Once the translators send their sample translation, you could check the quality of their translation. Once if you are satisfied with the sample, you have to pay half the charges required for translating the book to Casteilla Private Limited (Through electronic bank transfer for Indian languages, and paypal for foreign language translations). You could pay the remaining amount after translation of the book is completed and you have checked the file for possible errors. Once you get the completed translation you could pay the remaining amount.
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by Hissexcellencie(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2017
deturla:

No vex buddy, another trip coming.

I'd invite you and Lalasticlala. grin

Please invite me too
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by deturla: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2017
Hissexcellencie:

Please invite me too

Are you in Lagos? You go work oh!

Maybe carry DSLR like Ednut1..... grin grin grin grin
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by jaymichael(m): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
deturla:

Are you in Lagos? You go work oh!

Maybe carry DSLR like Ednut1..... grin grin grin grin
Nice. I wonder why Ibeshe is connected to the National grid while Tomaro here isn't, despite it being nearer to Tincan, Apapa, Nigerdock and Tarkwa bay.
I have been there twice and I know Ibeshe has plenty influential politicians who are indigenes.
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by deturla: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
jaymichael:
Nice. I wonder why Ibeshe is connected to the National grid while Tomaro here isn't, despite it being nearer to Tincan, Apapa, Nigerdock and Tarkwa bay.
I have been there twice and I know Ibeshe has plenty influential politicians who are indigenes.

Where is Tomaro? Are you in Lagos?

I sent you countless emails long ago, you just ignored. Hmmmn....

Anyways, We would like to head there. Information from you will come in handy. Thanks.

Cheers.
Re: Amazing Documentary Of Ibeshe Island, Lagos State By Thephotoblogger's by jaymichael(m): 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
deturla:

Where is Tomaro? Are you in Lagos?

I sent you countless emails long ago, you just ignored. Hmmmn....

Anyways, We would like to head there. Information from you will come in handy. Thanks.

Cheers.
I responded to all emails I received. I don't know how this nairaland dm thing works but my working email is josephbabajide@email.com.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Fulani Man On Top Of Bike Dead In Minna,Niger State(Graphic Pics / The 10 Most Influential Cities In The World / Over 20 Africans Nabbed In A Small Car In Failed Smuggling Attempt. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.