Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,436 members, 7,954,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State (19862 Views)

Ado Awaye, Oyo: The Only Suspended Lake In Africa (Pictures, Video) / A Nairalander Visits Ado Awaye Suspended Lake In Oyo (Photos) / There Are Only Two Suspended Lakes In The World, Ado-awaye Suspended Lake Is One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by deturla: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Based on the dearth of well documented textual and visual content online on Ado Awaye, a unique and hugely abandoned town in Oyo State, thePhotoblogger continued his travel journalism with an amazing visit to this historical community.

We also learned that the Alado of Ado Awaye will soon be celebrating his one year on the throne after several years in which the Community did not have a monarch. We then decided to proceed to the town to pay him a visit and also explore the locality in terms of tourism and investment potentials.

Our Meeting with the Alado of Ado Awaye

If you are looking for one of the most accommodating and jovial monarchs in South West Nigeria, then Oba Ademola Folakanmi, Makuledoye II will not fall short of this accolades as he received us warmly and he proceeded to give a detailed history of the Ado Awaye town!

We drew him back to an interview he had with Guardian Newspapers in 2017 where he mentioned a lot about the vacant Alado stool and how he intended to revamp the old, sleepy town. You can read all about the exclusive interview with Guardian here. He still dwelled on the economic challenges of the town amongst others.

We also met with the Chairman of the Ado Awaye Community Executive, Mr Oladokun Nasiru Olaniyi,  who also dwelled on the situation of the community, present challenges and the importance of the media in facilitating exposure of the community and its potentials to the world.

First of all, what do you know about Ado Awaye?

Ado Awaye is a community name for two different ancient settlements merged together, ‘Ado’ and ‘Awaye’.

Ado-Awaye town is one which has its own unique but quite interesting history. In the beginning, the Ado people were immigrants from Awori land who were forced to settle on the OKE ADO Mountain due to the Dahomey war. These people were favoured by the gods as they were kept safe from the war. When the war had subsided, they descended the mountain to settle at its foot. The nearby Awaye people decided to settle with them and thus the name which they are called by today, ADO AWAYE, came out.

The history of this unique community continues with the coming of an Alaafin crown prince named Koyi in 1500 AD. While leaving Oyo in anger for Ota under the threat of losing his throne to his younger brother Ónigbogi, He got to a location and saw smoke coming from the top of a hill.  With a crown strapped to his loins, he moved towards the smoke and saw these people already living as one. They came to an agreement of making him their king.

Thus, He became the first Alado of Ado Awaye.

Located 20 kilometers west of Iseyin and having to its other bight the Republic of Benin, Ado Awaye is an awe-inspiring town and a home of inimitable wonders. This historical town in Oyo state is a pride to behold as it has an abundance of naturally occurring wonders leaving every visitor dumbstruck with awe.

What do you know about the Ado Mountain - History of the Ado Mountain

The higher you climb, the more spectacular the spread will be before your view. From one point of the hilltop, you can see Iseyin road as it curves and stretches northwards into the Ebedi Hills.

If you look carefully you will see the town of Iseyin too, as it lies to the north of Ado Awaye. It leans and tilts a little on a hillside.

From another part of this mountaintop, with the use of binoculars now, you would be able to see a small segment of the great city of Ibadan, at the farthest point where it seems the earth meets the sky.

Things you will find on the Ado Mountain

The Ishage Rock

Ìyàké Lake

Agbomofunyake

The Elephant tree

Esè àwon Àgbà (Footprints of the elders)

Esè kan Aiyé Esè kan Òrun (A step between heaven and earth)

Maje Kankan Shrine

Ese kan Iku (Verge of Death)

In our interview with the Alado of Ado Iwaye, we were told the numerous challenges of the town since they were without a monarch for 35 years, the tourism and agricultural challenges were also numerous. This we tried to document in the video you would watch below.

We also explained how you can get to Ado Awaye from anywhere in the world. This also we have well documented on the blog.

It was an amazing journey for me and my team, and sincerely, the content posted here is just not enough. Head over to the blog for an exhaustive and well-documented content.

I hope you enjoy this story and get to visit Ado Awaye later in the future. Who knows whether you might even invest in the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhTJZKjmvs

http://deedeesblog.com/dee-explore-in-oyo-state-amazing-ado-awaye-community-documentary/

Adetola

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by rocoh(m): 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
A nice place.To make that place worth its visit ,they need to group Ado Awaye with other tourist attractions in close proximity. The lake is not as bigbal and awe inspiring as one thinks.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by deturla: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
rocoh:
A nice place.To make that place worth its visit ,they need to group Ado Awaye with other tourist attractions in close proximity. The lake is not as bigbal and awe inspiring as one thinks.

It is really not about the size. What we should be particular about is even sustainable tourism as it is.

Have you been there?
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Nofav0rs(m): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
Beautiful pictures... the place looks great. I'll like to visit someday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by abdeiz(m): 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2018
Really loved your writing and resplendent photography, there is a way you present something to people that will make them want more.

We need more of your breed of bloggers.

10 Likes

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Leonbonapart(m): 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
Can't visit, I am so sorry.

See road kwa

Brown roof republic... If you know you definitely know

2 Likes

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Opinionated: 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by apesinola001: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nice work

1 Like

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by apesinola001: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
Pls. More pics
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by gasparpisciotta: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
Suspended lake? My guess is that it's an old quarry site, respecta muchacho to the op though.

1 Like

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Opinionated: 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
Leonbonapart:

See road kwa

Learn manners from Yoruba culture.

5 Unwritten Cultural Rules of The Yorubas

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Mathematical(f): 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
grin
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2018
Leonbonapart:

See road kwa

They probably don’t want a red mud potorpotor republican there too.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by doctore212(m): 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2018
I need an Afonja sex doll
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by DaddyKross: 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nice one Deedee

1 Like

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by OneCorner: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
doctore212:
I need an Afonja sex doll
Leonbonapart:

See road kwa

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
hello crackhead, how are you today? salty?smiley
Nofav0rs:
Beautiful pictures... the place looks great. I'll like to visit someday
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by ProfEinstein: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hahahahah amazing with all the brown roofs lipsrsealed undecided
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by rojust: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
Ado Awaye Ilu Olokiki ni gbogbo agabaye. There are wonders on the hill (Oke Ado)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by rocoh(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
deturla:

It is really not about the size. What we should be particular about is even sustainable tourism as it is.

Have you been there?

I am not trying to speak ill of that place , just that there is need to develope that place as part of a Tourism corridor, on its own there is no big deal about it.I know what I am saying. A tour to that place should be combined with other places of interest.
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Nofav0rs(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
KillaBeauty:
hello crackhead, how are you today? salty?smiley
Maggie angry
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by rocoh(m): 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
@deturla
with people like you, all hope is not lost for Tourism in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
She’s definitely upset embarassed
Nofav0rs:
Maggie angry
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by sisisioge: 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
Where are the pictures of the tourist attractions? The lake, the mountains, etc. Those would have sold the community better than the signature brown roofs grin

Modified:

Pictures eventually loaded. Cool.
It is definitely a nice place grin. I love the serenity.
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by pussyeater(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
Leonbonapart:

See road kwa

We you keep kwayet! Ode undecided... With your Flat Head Like Mama Ngozi Frying Pan

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by deturla: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
abdeiz:
Really loved your writing and resplendent photography, there is a way you present something to people that will make them want more.

We need more of your breed of bloggers.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

1 Like

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by deturla: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
DaddyKross:
Nice one Deedee

Where you been dey since?
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by deturla: 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
sisisioge:
Where are the pictures of the tourist attractions? The lake, the mountains, etc. Those would have sold the community better than the signature brown roofs grin

Modified:

Pictures eventually loaded. Cool.
It is definitely a nice place grin. I love the serenity.

You should check out the place sometime. You'd like it.

1 Like

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by sisisioge: 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
deturla:

You should check out the place sometime. You'd like it.

I'm sure I would grin
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by ipobarethieves: 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
cool
Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by ipobarethieves: 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2018
wink
ProfEinstein:
undecided
ProfEinstein:
grin lipsrsealed undecided[
undecidedlipsrsealed undecided. Yes we are proud of our brown roofs.Beta than d erosion/ potopoto from dat side

1 Like

Re: ThePhotoblogger's Amazing Documentary Of Ado Awaye, Oyo State by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2018
I like the picture with the plate of food. Very simple and truly original.

Indeed, it is experience alone that can quantify the value of peace, freedom, appreciation for life, and the simpleness of nature that rural life typifies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt / Zamfara Bound Vehicle Involved In Accident, Many Dead (Graphic photos) / Condition Of Ejigbo Roads.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.