Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (17395 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji's 44th Birthday Is Today / Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him / Fela Kuti's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ikorodureporta: 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
Lord Of Ajasa will neva forget how DaGrin ended his career cheesy
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by highchief1: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
tstx:
I hope you are resting in peace
pls go and check if his resting
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by posterity(m): 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
zulex880:
He was one Overhyped wacko tho, I didn't know him all through when he was alive when he died I started hearing dagring hear and there had to download few of his singles and i was really disappointed, He was well known when he died than when he was alive same thing with the likes of Goldie, tagbo and Dj olu. What do i know though embarassed

It wasn't anybody's fault that you didn't know Dagrin before he passed on, so I am forced to overlook your ignorance. But Dagrin was a colossus - otherwise, ask yourself why after seven years since his demise he is still been remembered, not only by family or close kin, but by the nation at large. Before he died, he was one of the most featured artist in our music industry...

But a little education doesn't go amiss... If lord of Ajasa was John the Baptist of Indegineous yoruba rap, Dagrin was Jesus. His flow and delivery were nonpareiled, (with sauce kid coming a distant second) and the content of his lyrics was prescient, no wonder he foretold his death. Dagrin left a chasm in Nigeria's music industry that is too big to be filled by today's half baked rappers. He was called a 'rap general' by MI, countless tributes and eulogies were sang for him, and he was only just twenty two.

Dagrin stood out because he used rap as a tool to alleviate himself from the miasma of poverty and the cocoon of underachievement. He saw the Nigerian reality, hence, he called himself lyrically mad, because he knew the bar he was about to set can only be matched by indigenous rap paragons. Alas, today, we will hold our breath for the next revolutionary yoruba rapper.

But the life of Dagrin has left sour taste in our mouths, making us always reminisce what might have been if he were still alive. But even in death, he still seats on a throne he made for himself through hardwork, sheer talent dedication and an iota of madness. 'Omo Ogun' indeed, with lyrics like a machine gun... Rip Dagrin (da greatest rapper in Nigeria) as an anonymous once called you.

Happy 30th birthday to you... Your legacy will forever remain buried in some of us. I still miss you.

2 Likes

Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Painkila: 12:29pm On Oct 21, 2017
zulex880:
He was one Overhyped wacko tho, I didn't know him all through when he was alive when he died I started hearing dagring hear and there had to download few of his singles and i was really disappointed, He was well known when he died than when he was alive same thing with the likes of Goldie, tagbo and Dj olu. What do i know though embarassed
you are trash
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Painkila: 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
Phonefanatic:
As soon as he died olamide took advantage. I really don't think Olamide would have been such a success if Dagrin is still alive.
you are right, Nigerians just used Olamide as a consolation.
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by rottenPussy: 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2017
widepussy:

rottenpussy?? who d hell is that?
ShutUp and lick my clit, bïtch tongue
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
rottenPussy:
you hating on me get a line bissssh
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by rottenPussy: 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2017
3RNEST:

Are you related to rottenpussy moniker? undecided
why you stalking me boy, u wanna fok undecided shocked ?
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
rottenPussy:
fork a rotten hole
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by rottenPussy: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
widepussy:

you hating on me get a line bissssh
hate? bïtch ain’t nobody got time for yo wide asś...

widepussy:

fork a rotten hole
How is that your concern? Or would you rather drown him in yo wide p**
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by squarelead(m): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2017
He was a king on his lane back then, RIP DAGRIN
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by obonujoker(m): 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
Sosick o ni soro... mo no kpe ko somo naa, Dagrin we ain't stopping none.....

Nigeriya...ojojumo lan jiriya, eni ka ma shey adura, where is Mr yar adua...

Dagrin pelu dipp, omo sho fe kin weep, every time toban gbo oju window mi, ni ma tin peep...

Anything to ba fe, kosoro.... omo ele to ba je ninu motor mi, wagba kokoro....

Dagrin baby... this was the only musician along with Michael Jackson and Biggie smalls I can actually pay to go watch.....

Chai.... Dagrin we ain't stopping none

2 Likes

Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by 3RNEST(m): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2017
rottenPussy:
Lolx grin sorry oh...the Moniker sound ridiculous...

Sorry for stalking u, let me come and be going!! embarassed
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by 3RNEST(m): 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
rottenPussy:
Common gal, that's harsh na, just kidding, u getting upset...sincerely that not fair... embarassed
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Esanabbey: 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
DaGrin died aged 26 . So his posthumous birthday should be 33, I
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by cupidhero(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
zulex880:
Shut up....
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by lollybabe9498(f): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
continue to rest on dagrin, omo Ogun iseya
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by tmcleo2k2(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
zulex880:

How old were you in 2010 sir?
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by luzhioo(m): 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2017
masada:
dagrin

d pioneer of Yoruba rap

RIP
gbayii
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by suyamasta(m): 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
Mo le nu bi pun pun pun pun pun pun pun RIP
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
... cos he started the indigenous rap stuff [/quote]
He started something that others emulate, that's major key bro. How about you start something we could emulate hun?!
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
... [/quote] cos he started the indigenous rap stuff [/quote]
He started something that others emulate, that's major key bro. How about you start something we could emulate hun?!
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ThatFairGuy: 5:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
Dagrin, The word in my mind is evergreen.. RIP Man
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by rayzornaija(m): 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
Before dagrin came on board, indigenous rap was a joke. Listen to lord of ajasa you will understand what I mean by Joke. Then there was dagrin.... He changed the game for ever. He rhymed with ease so effortlessly. His punchlines were evergreen. He had the swag of biggie smalls and the flow of Tupac Shakur...... Rip akogun we still wish you were here.

3 Likes

Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2017
cupidhero:

Shut up....

I feel same way 'bout him.
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Jideh9ty(m): 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
It's quite unfortunate that some folks calls Legendary DaGrin a over hyped artist and others unacceptable names.

FYI, I know of a man who listens to only 2 musicians.
1 is Ebenezer Obey , 2 is King Sunny Ade.

This man critises other musicians during that time but he listened to DaGrin over the Radio and was so engrossed with his music and he brought his Album.

DaGrin songs are still very much green in our memories and even our A-rated artists can't say DaGrin is not a Legend.
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by inventor432(m): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
mo n korin want to let you knw hw I'm feeling mo to se birikila mo ba won ko yepe filling.

rest on Barack ogrin
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Fabulous7(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
[quote author=GeneralOjukwu post=61626635]
[b]
Attention seeker...genetic stupidity.

Carry on.You took after your Pa
This one is deep
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by cupidhero(m): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
PaperLace:

I feel same way 'bout him.
You get a pass...I had dreams of being a rapper so the never diss any legend rule is strong with me. if it was tupac shakur i would agree....cos Notorious was lyrically better than him. But Da grin's style was just disticnt.

@Paperlace
I'm still hooked on Joey Bada$$ 2017 album@All Amerikkkan Bada$$ you should checkout Rapsody's new album@Laila's wisdom if you have not done that already...i'm yet to download it but one of the tracks she did with Kendrick Lamar is tight.

Rapsody - Power Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Lance SkIIIWalker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVsehWDsoR0

Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by campusblack10(m): 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
HeWrites:

No blame them embarassed
Assin
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by mosexcellency(f): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2017
zulex880:

Sorry to say this, but I think u need help!
Re: Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by mosexcellency(f): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2017
rayzornaija:
Before dagrin came on board, indigenous rap was a joke. Listen to lord of ajasa you will understand what I mean by Joke. Then there was dagrin.... He changed the game for ever. He rhymed with ease so effortlessly. His punchlines were evergreen. He had the swag of biggie smalls and the flow of Tupac Shakur...... Rip akogun we still wish you were here.

Honestly, I so wish he was here, still very much around. I miss him
Rest on my lyrical wayray

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Indian Style Wedding By Nigerians / "Not Every Relationship Must Lead To Marriage" - Sonia Ogbonna Says / Why Are Nigerian Female Comediennes Not Funny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.