Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him (47173 Views)

Rihanna Listens To Burna Boy "Ye" Song, Sings Along / What Will Olamide Say When He Listens To This? / Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by StagethemTVee: 11:04am On May 10, 2022
A video shows the moment Da Grin's father struggled to hide his emotions while his son's hit song Pon Pon Pon was played for him.

The interview was conducted in vernacular and Da Grin's father was asked if he knows who performed the song Pon Pon Pon. he responded with an affirmation that it was his son. He went on to share his, and Da Grin's full name. While he struggled to keep a smile, the song and interview obviously brought up memories and pains of what was lost by the death of the rapper.

Da Grin, CEO Misofunyin Entertainment died in 2010 when his music had gained a lot of fan base. His death was as a result of complications from a car accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpjq-aYoNOQ

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 11:09am On May 10, 2022
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by illicit(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2022
Dagrin did not title any of his songs as molenu

It's Pon Pon Pon

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by StagethemTVee: 1:20pm On May 10, 2022
Thank you.
illicit:
Dagrin did not title any of his songs as molenu

It's Pon Pon Pon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by SegunBABA007(m): 4:08pm On May 10, 2022
i can imagine
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by MrHighSea: 4:08pm On May 10, 2022
He made his on prints in the industry.

I wonder what people see in Portable.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Excelboi(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2022
RIP legend Dagrin.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by iCauseTrouble: 4:09pm On May 10, 2022
I miss you Dagrin. I still remember your show back then in OAU in 2009 few months before your death. You promised to come back again in some months time but death took you away.
RIP Akogun
Lyrical Omo ita

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by SensualMan: 4:09pm On May 10, 2022
Dagrin was a local indegenous rap artiste whose song never looked promising internationally but gained waves in lagos only.

Take heart pops. I still did not understand the trash they were saying. Yoruba language makes me sick down to my stomach.

14 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by slawormiir: 4:09pm On May 10, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Da grin my niggar

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by geelite(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2022
dagrin ft omawumi. chaiiii. that song dey always gimme joy during university days grin grin grin grin

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Reelmii: 4:09pm On May 10, 2022
Did his entertainment company die too

Shey nobody dey there too produce more songs

My best songs were...Thank God, idi nla...and others

Well sha..life goes on...now na Buga dey burst my brain cheesy...I love the song die....

Kizz no let me vibe Barnabas finish before him drop the new one

15 Likes

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by nerilove(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Ahappy100: 4:10pm On May 10, 2022
Make we come run away bah?

undecided
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Olam09(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2022
Our 9ja Tupac Shakur

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Adfkocker82: 4:10pm On May 10, 2022
I'm hosting a Free Whatsap group class in regards to Domain flipping..

Let me teach you How to make sustainable cash income for yourself easily by reselling expired domain name's online including the tools to get you started too..

If you're interested, send a text via whatsaaap to the number in my signature, personal text or Profile...

It is Free!
See You At The Top and Thank me Later.

1 Like

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Sebastine1994(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2022
So he is a legend because he died young.

It is this stupidity that makes this musician live fast life, because they want to die Young.

I don't even understand humans

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Adrobe440: 4:11pm On May 10, 2022
Awwwn angry
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by borlah50(m): 4:11pm On May 10, 2022
Rip legend.no be all dis zeh zeh zeh like incantation

11 Likes

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 10, 2022
I can say this anywhere. Dagrin paved way for Olamide Baddo...

Don't mention me. Argue with your phone...

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Paulianfa(m): 4:11pm On May 10, 2022
If to say Da Grin still alive, Naija music for get level and in for paints the world of rap tinz red.

I love that guy...

REST IN PEACE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by MrHighSea: 4:12pm On May 10, 2022
geelite:
dagrin ft omawumi. chaiiii. that song dey always gimme joy during university days grin grin grin grin
Thank God abi?

2 Likes

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by BUSHHUNTER: 4:12pm On May 10, 2022
RIP Lyrical Werey

9 Likes

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Kingzeez10: 4:12pm On May 10, 2022
Ghetto dreams and Everyday are my best of his songs.

Sometimes when I sleep and dreaming men, I Just dont wanna wake up
I realize dat Im married to the game,
And me and ma bItch will neva break up
Aimoye igba ti mo dide ti mo ti subu
Aimoye eebu tan ti pe mi loloriibu
Aimoye clubbin' ti mi i le afford one red bull
Aimoye many coloured T-Shirts but one red shoe
Aimoye aje, aimoye oso, aimoye many times ti mo n oplay free show
Aimoye igba tawon eyan ti ni kin n lo give up
Wo ni mo local, p'ona mi o ki n se Hip-Hop
But mo wa determined, mo de wa focused
T'ori e l'oruko mi se n spread bi Staphyllococus
N aimoye yawa, n aimoye insult
Aimoye je concorsion without no salt
Aimoye ala ti mo la pe mo di Celebrity
Ti n ba ji, ma a tun bere hustle loju titi
It's a pity, ijo wo ni mo fe ra Infinity?
Mo n dream lati fi aja se resident
Owo t'awon President n je lon encourage mi
Eepe t'awon eyan n se fun won lo n discourage mi
Mo ni dream lati di Pastor or woli
But everytime ni mo n mu sepe mo de'n fa kpoli
Mo ni dream lati believe bi Pasto Chris
But mo wa carried away pelu Efizi Ludacris
Mo'n dream lati mo'we bi Wole Soyinka
Bo problem ti mo ni, awon Sissy yi mi ka
Mo ni dream lti lo school ki n di Professor
Owo lo da mi duro bi'i bus t'awon ero fe'so
Mo ni dream lati play ball bi'i Kaka
Bo'ya to'o ba d'ola, won le sign me si Barca
But everytime ti'n ba de training, wa'a ni won a da'wo kaka/
But oro mi nigbayen, apo mi i o ti i saka
Yes Lord! Dont let me cry, Dont let me die(Please dont let me die)
I Pray for the Ghetto
Yeah, give them a future...
I got yo' back, So greatful.
Yeah.You got this men.
Look up to the sky, its a bright day...

RIP barrack o grin

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Emmykonking01(m): 4:12pm On May 10, 2022
Respect Dagrin.. it pains though

4 Likes

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Mindlog: 4:13pm On May 10, 2022
borlah50:
Rip legend.no be all dis zeh zeh zeh like incantation
Zeh, zeh,zeh is artistic on its own.

3 Likes

Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by Afonjakid: 4:13pm On May 10, 2022
Who is dagrin Never heard of him undecided
Re: Da Grin's Father Emotional As He Listens To Pon Pon Pon And Speaks About Him by oodua1stson: 4:14pm On May 10, 2022
I still feel sad about this

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido Walks Runway For Puma At New York Fashion Week / "This Your Daughter Must Die" - Seyi Law Shares Death Threats Sent To His Wife / Ifu Ennada: "My Ex Got Married 3 Weeks Ago & I Still Haven't Gotten Over Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.