Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. (4722 Views)

Buba Galadima: Buhari’s Marabouts Advised Him Against Removing Service Chiefs / When Did We Get Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Notes? / Why I Kicked Against My Wife’s Third Term — TINUBU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by yanshDoctor: 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
during yaradua time soludo proposed removing two zero digit from our naira as a result from massive inflation.

yaradua setup a northern committee over the issue to look into it. they stated that due to illiteracy level in the north it will be difficult for them to understand the new currency. they said a cattle seller will find it difficult to adjust from been a millionaire to become and hundrednaire or thousandnaire.

the kicked against the proposal for this reasons.

now tell me should we continue to be held back by this malams? policies that can help growth in the south are been drop down by the north once there interest is not in it.

the reason for this topic is to point out one of the things that make us to not compatible living together.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by python1: 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
And with this English, you still have the guts to call others illiterates.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by SalamRushdie: 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
python1:

I dare you to correct his post.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by frankmoney(m): 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

removing digits from the currency doesn't change anything , the value still remains the same , so I see no need for it , it's just to boost the ego of the country period

10 Likes

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by python1: 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Lol. What's this thing saying?
I may end up rewriting everything but I made corrections up to a point. I challenge you to finish it up if you can grin

yanshDoctor:
during yaradua time soludo In Yar'Adua's administration, Soludo proposed removing two zero digit digits from our naira the Naira as a result from of massive hyper-inflation.

yaradua Yar'Adua setup set up a northern Northern committee over the issue to look into it the proposal. they stated The committee concluded that due to the illiteracy low literacy level in the north North, it will be difficult for them the Northerners to understand the new currency. they said It stated that a cattle seller will find it difficult to adjust from been being a millionaire to become and becoming a hundrednaire or thousandnaire.

now tell me should we continue to be held back by this malams? policies that can help growth in the south are been drop down by the north once there interest is not in it.

the reason for this topic is to point out one of the things that make us to compatible loving together.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by baralatie(m): 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
frankmoney:
removing digits from the currency doesn't change anything , the value still remains the same , so I see no need for it , it's just to boost the ego of the country period
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by secretaryabdul(m): 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
yanshDoctor:
during yaradua time soludo proposed removing two zero digit from our naira as a result from massive inflation.

yaradua setup a northern committee over the issue to look into it. they stated that due to illiteracy level in the north it will be difficult for them to understand the new currency. they said a cattle seller will find it difficult to adjust from been a millionaire to become and hundrednaire or thousandnaire.

the reason for this topic is to point out one of the things that make us to compatible loving together.

And when Uncle Jona the saint came, he removed ten zero digits abi?

enlightened illiterate spotted.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by secretaryabdul(m): 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
yanshDoctor:

Ghana Cedi to Naira 1 = 81.96
Japanese Yen to Naira 1 = 3.158
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
What an epitome of bigotry and stupidity at the same time. grin

3 Likes

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by zurielsam(m): 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2017
Check my signature and thank me later
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by MetaPhysical: 9:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
yanshDoctor:

the reason for this topic is to point out one of the things that make us to not compatible living together.

The reality of currency circulation in Nigeria is too painful to be released into public domain. If people gain awareness of what is truly happening with currency it could cause another war.

Let me hint you. 80% or more of Bureau De Change operators are Northerners...Muslim Northerners to be precise. Their operation in the market set policies in Central Bank foreign exchange rates. They are direct fronts for money laundering. They are in posession of so much hard currency in their vaults that don't even need the Central Bank for anything. They can wreck the national economy if they so choose. If Bureau de Change were listed on stock exchange I would liquidate all my shares in breweries and other beverage manufacturer's and put my money in their bonds. The excuse they give of illiteracy and conservatism is bullshyte, their real reason is to remain sitting on national monetray policy and currency distribution. It also factors in, amongst other things, to keep the country from entering restructure. If we must enter restructure they want it done at state level, opposed to regional level.

2 Likes

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by DonBobes(m): 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
frankmoney:
U de vex o. But u for leave d guy na since he can never c u. except luck brings u both togeda in life

1 Like

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by shallysgirl: 12:49am On Oct 22, 2017
What's wrong with his English? Yours isn't any better. You should face the topic and not deviate.
python1:

1 Like

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by aribisala0(m): 1:06am On Oct 22, 2017
It was not just about digits though but redenomination. Redenomination could have made it possible to reintroduce kobo and reduce the sums involved for ease of calculation.

It would reduce the SIZE of money carried around and allow the introduction of higher value notes and coins.

The rate of circulation of some low value notes means they have to be replaced more frequently at much cost to CBN.

. Now people carry money around in suitcases Our largest note today is 1000 Naira and that is worth 2 or 3 dollars . But you end up carrying kilograms of money around. That is not right. Soludo did not consult or educate the public before announcing the policy and I don't think he consulted the government either.There is no need to ethnicize it. eventually 5 and 10 naira notes will disappear as they are of no value and cost a lot to produce.
How does removing digits boost ego I don't get that one

4 Likes

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by python1: 3:44am On Oct 22, 2017
shallysgirl:
What's wrong with his English? Yours isn't any better. You should face the topic and not deviate.
English. cheesy grin

11 Likes

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by UfuomaUN(m): 8:05am On Oct 22, 2017
MetaPhysical:

The reality of currency circulation in Nigeria is too painful to be released into public domain. If people gain awareness of what is truly happening with currency it could cause another war.

Let me hint you. 80% or more of Bureau De Change operators are Northerners...Muslim Northerners to be precise. Their operation in the market set policies in Central Bank foreign exchange rates. They are direct fronts for money laundering. They are in posession of so much hard currency in their vaults that don't even need the Central Bank for anything. They can wreck the national economy if they so choose. If Bureau de Change were listed on stock exchange I would liquidate all my shares in breweries and other beverage manufacturer's and put my money in their bonds. The excuse they give of illiteracy and conservatism is bullshyte, their real reason is to remain sitting on national monetray policy and currency distribution. It also factors in, amongst other things, to keep the country from entering restructure. If we must enter restructure they want it done at state level, opposed to regional level.

Very insightful. I've always had the same thoughts too
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by dnawah(m): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2017
python1:
No mind him and his English,mind what he is saying.now contribute

1 Like

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by python1: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2017
dnawah:
No mind him and his English,mind what he is saying.now contribute
Read other comments, they have said it all, I have nothing to add.

2 Likes

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2017
yanshDoctor:

Bros go back to school first.
My 2cents advice
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by shallysgirl: 11:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Do you speak better English?
You called la-la? SMH. Ban no dey fear me. I don't live here. Nairaland isn't my water.
python1:

English. cheesy grin
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by Lordave: 11:12am On Oct 22, 2017
python1:

Lol. What's this thing saying?
I may end up rewriting everything but I made corrections up to a point. I challenge you to finish it up if you can grin

Verily I say unto you Mr python1, you're an educated 'Yoruba Muslim'.

1 Like

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by Bari22: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2017
bbb
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by KanuIsCursed: 11:37am On Oct 22, 2017
Lordave:
Verily I say unto you Mr python1, you're an educated 'Yoruba Muslim'.

1 Like

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by tsdarkside(m): 11:54am On Oct 22, 2017
yanshDoctor:

do you think its a good idea to do that??....suddenly you will have leaders that dont give a bleep no more....when things go bad they will just remove another zero again and again....

you people just dont read...na so an idiiot opened a thread saying the ghanean cedi is better than the naira....but the news never reached him that the ghaneans removed zeros from their currency....
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by tsdarkside(m): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2017
removing zeros doesnt give your currency more value....thats fantasy lalaland.....

1 Like

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by python1: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
shallysgirl:
Do you speak write better English?
You called la-la? SMH. Ban no dey fear me. I don't live here. Nairaland isn't my water.
Fixed. Pidgin is allowed, no be by force to use English. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by Jlow2: 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
python1:
and who became made by speaking gud english?
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by python1: 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jlow2:
and who became made by speaking gud english?
I don't know about that, but what I know is that if you must go to equity, do so with clean hands. Why is he calling others illiterates when he is one?
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by MrSly(m): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
frankmoney:
Next time learn to face your challenge. Stop shifting goal posts. You implied that an article was written with poor grammar. Someone dared you to correct it but you chose to remark on something else and cunningly avoided the challenge. Perhaps the challenge opened your eyes to the message the OP carries, not looking out for insults.
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by python1: 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
MrSly:

Next time learn to face your challenge. Stop shifting goal posts. You implied that an article was written with poor grammar. Someone dared you to correct it but you chose to remark on something else and cunningly avoided the challenge. Perhaps the challenge opened your eyes to the message the OP carries, not looking out for insults.
Not him, the challenge was for me and I took it. But I corrected it halfway and challenged the challenger to finish it up if he could, up till this moment, he has not shown up. Scroll up, you will see my response. Apparently, he can't, you may as well assist him if you can, cheesy
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by Jlow2: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
python1:

I don't know about that, but what I know is that if you must go to equity, do so with clean hands. Why is he calling others illiterates when he is one?
mind you the north has the highest illiteracy level,he is no far frm d truth,i dnt want to digress frm d topic
Re: The North Kicked Against Removing Double Digit From Our Naira Because. by python1: 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jlow2:
mind you the north has the highest illiteracy level,he is no far frm d truth,i dnt want to digress frm d topic
He is an illiterate as well, that's my point. Meanwhile, with this your English, you are also not qualified to tag others as illiterates.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Pastor Tunde Bakare Be Serious With This? (photo) / Who Will Be The Next High Profile Scammer To Be Nabbed??? / Lai Mohammed's Interview On Channels Tv and the pdp twist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.