Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent (831 Views)

Police Arrest IPOB Members Who Attacked Ekweremadu In Germany / Killings: Three Reasons Northern Leaders Are Silent – Shehu Sani Reveals / Supreme Court Judgment On Saraki : I’m Surprised, Says Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by alcmene: 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says he is surprised that those who criticised him for leaving the pump price of fuel at N87 are not speaking out now that it has been jerked up to N143.

In 2012, Jonathan’s administration increased fuel price from N67 to N97 but reduced it to N87 in January 2015.

At the time, the move was seen as political, given that it was in an election year.

Speaking on Thursday when Tunde Adeniran, one of the chairmanship aspirants of the PDP, visited him in his Abuja office, Jonathan defended the decisions he took on the price of fuel.

In what seems to be an indirect attack on the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Jonathan said the PDP led Nigerians well in its 16 years of being in power “even though some people came up with propaganda and lies that 16 years of the party in government was a waste”.

“My government was severely criticised for increasing the pump price of petroleum from N67 to N97 at a time that global crude price was going for over 100 dollars,” Ikechukwu Eze, Jonathan’s spokesman, quoted him as saying.

“The pump price was later reduced to N87 when the price of crude oil dropped and they attacked us that it was supposed to be lower.

“Those who criticised my administration are not talking again now that the global crude oil is about 53 dollars per barrel and the pump price of petrol is N143.”

https://www.thecable.ng/pdp-needs-chairman-can-correct-sitting-president-says-jonathan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by bigboss80s(m): 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
The truth of the matter is that there was no trust at that time. There was so much brazen corruption. Unfortunately we voted in a Fulani Mafia that is not only more corrupt, but extremely good at masking and hiding their corruption.

Nigerians were deceived!

But never again!

2019 is not close enough.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by Redoil: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Tinubu and his dogs are regretting their action

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by georgen2u(m): 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ok
Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by alcmene: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
They have all gone deaf and dumb.....including the pammy-drinking haalut Lauretta Onochie

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by SalamRushdie: 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
Jonathan story is the story of how Evil forces can use create events ( Boko haram) and use propaganda to derail a promising govt ..The two places we criticised jonathan for corruption were security spendings and subsidy meanwhile both events were created by those in power today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by onedayatime(m): 3:57pm On Oct 21, 2017
It seems mr GEJ don't know why we criticized him then. Let me tell you Mr ex, We criticized you then because we know that you don't know what you are doing then. You are just a figurehead man
Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by alcmene: 4:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
onedayatime:
It seems mr GEJ don't know why we criticized him then. Let me tell you Mr ex, We criticized you then because we know that you don't know what you are doing then. You are just a figurehead man

Don't derail the thread mr man...... Why are those that rolled out drums to protest the then #86 per liter now silent?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by hatchy(f): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
OK we have learnt our lesson for voting a dunce to lead.

But truth be said,you didn't do well when you were President for over six years. There was massive looting of our common wealth under your watch.Politicians held parties in Dubai and Europe for girlfriends and mistress and you were only interested in liquor.

We will correct any abnormalities by 2019 but not by voting your party or this broom party that is infested with lies and deceit either.
Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by baralatie(m): 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
even on nairaland the people that were releasing e missiles then have miraculously lost all their weapons

1 Like

Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
Zombies.
Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by hisgrace090: 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
Its unfortunate!!

He is right.
If the raw material goese down, the product ought To go down too.
Re: Jonathan:i’m Surprised That Those Who Attacked Me Over N87 Pump Price Are Silent by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
fear of the nigeria army

(1) (Reply)

For Anambrarians Supporting Obiano Blindly.the Bitter Truth-peter Obi / Army Council Approves The Promotion Of Senior Army Officers / Finally Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years As Zimbabwe's Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.