Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly (31788 Views)

Ismail Ishola Ojeke: Shina Peller Gives Scholarship To Hanat Ogunbiyi / Burial Photos Of Afeez Ismail Who Was Gunned Down During Apc Rally In Lagos / Don’t Blame Youth, Blame Your Governance- Ismail Damola Fantola React To Pmb Spe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by Mrop(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
Meet the youngest candidate contesting for state house of Assembly member in Ibadan Oyo state.

Meet this young man contesting for state house of assembly member, Ibadan north constituency 1 in Ibadan Oyo state towards 2019 election under People's Democratic Party (P.D.P).
Who is this young man?

His name is Ismail Damola Fantola, an intelligent young man who have a great passion and ambition in politics.

He is very active in politics and a registered member of people's Democratic Party PDP. According to my research about him, he has a great passion for his community and for his people to allow them enjoy the benefits of government in Oyo state and especially in his constituency if voted in.

Youth are now coming out for political ambition and I think it's a good and welcome development because they still have the brain, fear of God and power to run the government without being greedy or self-centered. Let's support this development for the betterment of our great nation.

I will be publishing my recent interview with him where he will point out his ambition for his people in his community (Ibadan north constituency 1) and in Ibadan as a whole.

See some of his pics below

God bless Ibadan,
God bless Oyo state.
God bless Nigeria.

News source :: Praizeblog
http://www.praizeblog.com/2017/10/meet-youngest-candidate-contesting-for.html?m=0

My recent interview with the youngest aspirant in the 2019 elections in Oyo state.

Read the full interview below

Que: Hello sir can we meet you?
Response : I'm Ismail Adedamola Fantola
Que : which school are you and what course are you studying ?
Response : I'm a student of Lautech, studying Agricultural Economics.

Que: when and why did you join politics?
Response : I was born into politics and I joined at a very early stage of my life. I joined because I am interested in making accountable representation for my people and to serve them with honesty.

Que : have you involved yourself in school politics before?
Response? NO

Que : who encouraged you to go into politics?
Response : I am always encouraged with whatever I am doing, and since I have been into politics for a long time, I'm willing to go further.
Que : under which political party are you contesting?
Response : People's Democratic Party

Que : why did you choose this party?
Response : I started politics under this party when Elder Wole Oyelese and others brought it to Oyo state, before we decamped to SDP in 2015 and came back to PDP after Senator Makarfi visited Oyo state for reconciliation meeting.

Que : As a young man do you think you will get support from the old people you met in the party?
Response : Well, the Not-too-young-to-run bill passed by the National Assembly is highly supported by elders and the good people of our society, so far, elders are supporting me.

Que : which post are you contesting for?
Response : member, Oyo state house of assembly, Ibadan north constituency 1.

Que : why did you choose this post ?
Response : because it is one of the major posts that will make me get closer to the people, I'm representing, I am a grass-root politician and I love my people.

Que : what are your aims and ambitions if you are eventually voted in?
Response : I will ensure true representation, transparency and accountability. Contribute to making laws that will make lives better for my people.

Que : we all know going for a political post needs good finance. Where are you getting your financial supports from?
Response : I get financial support from my parents and my well wishers.

Que : Are you into other business ?
Response : Just like how I grew into politics, I have been in agricultural business for long. My Dad is a farmer and I have my farm too.

Que : what are your challenges in politics?
Response : In Nigeria, people will always be expecting money from you once you come out to contest for a post because they believe you're going there to make money. So the challenge is finance but God is in control.

Que : What do you think about present state of oyo state? Is the present government trying its best?
Response : the state is in danger if it continues to this way, this kind of situation where it doesn't seems like we are in a democratic government. The so called leaders do things in there own way and never seek public opinions, I can only say the leaders in our state are only trying to be good to themself and not to the people of the state. Their best is not good enough. He should just finish his tenure and leave. The people can't wait to bid him farewell.

Que : Their was a report that oyo state governor select many traditional rulers in Ibadan without the consent of the Olubadan. How true is this? And what do you think about it?
Response : Sorry, I don't want to talk about it.

Que : as a young man, what is your opinion about young people taking in politics?
Response: it is a great development, It will make hardworking, respectful and intelligent youths participate.

Que : how old are you?
Response : smiles. I'm in my 20s.

Que: in your previous rally n in all your posters, oyo state governorship aspirant Seyi Makinde always appear in all... Why are you promoting him?
Response : Smile. He is my leader so I have to promote him and I'm very happy with him, I am also contented to be associated with someone running for office with dignity and trying to be the CHANGE we desire in our polity and country.

Que : Why do you have so much trust and boldness in Seyi Makinde?
Response: Like I said, he has dignity and trying to be the change we desire. He is willing to build a better society which we will support him to do.

Que : Do you think PDP will choose Seyi Makinde as their candidate?
Response : I think Engr. Seyi Makinde is the best product any party can present now. He should be chosen.

Que : on a lighter mood, it seems you're not married, are you single?
Response : smiles. I am not married but I won't want to talk about my relationship status, maybe I'm single, maybe I'm not.

Que : How do you intend to control pressure from peer groups as a young man?
Response : there is no pressure and there can't be

Que : who are your mentor in politics?
Response : Engr. Oluseyi Makinde is my mentor

Que : why did you choose him as your mentor?
Response : I see him as welfarist with great political ideology, devoid of violence and unprogressive sentiments.

Que: how do you see Nigerian politics from your own angle?
Response : Nigeria is presently in the hands of deceivers and thieves acting as SAINT.

Que : Did your parents support your political ambition?

Response : I have wonderful parents that support me in whatever I do and correct me whenever I make mistake.

Thanks for your time sir. God bless you. God bless our country.

From Praizeblog
http://www.praizeblog.com/2017/10/the-people-of-oyo-state-can-wait-to-bid.html?m=0

3 Likes

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by Mrop(m): 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
More

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by AK6464(m): 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
shocked Nice move, new dawn

5 Likes

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by itspzpics(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
AK6464:
shocked
what
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by paymentvoucher: 11:36am On Oct 30, 2017
nice one.

Pelumi Olajengbesi esq. must see this.

Youth must take over, Insha Allah

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by hezy4real01(m): 11:37am On Oct 30, 2017
Ehn let have more of these set of people in govt affairs abeg

1 Like

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 30, 2017
We need more of this. Young and cute genuine. Hopefully, he is.

1 Like

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by vicky3(m): 11:37am On Oct 30, 2017
nice
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by TeeAL(m): 11:37am On Oct 30, 2017
good thing to know the youth are stepping up

1 Like

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by propanet(m): 11:37am On Oct 30, 2017
You mean young prospective looter?

11 Likes

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by JJBROS(m): 11:39am On Oct 30, 2017
E B LIKE SAY YOUNG BLOOD NO DEY FAVOUR NIGERIA NOWADAYS.
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by vicola0281: 11:40am On Oct 30, 2017
nice move but please fortify ursef with spiritual. powers for the race is not for the swift but for the STRONG

3 Likes

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by Swagahyk(m): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2017
That's what we want, let's (youths) start from somewhere, we will soon get to the Presidential seat.

Still... Some youths will still come here to criticise him.

1 Like

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by EvilMetahuman: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure his own looting go pass these old elfs currently running things.

2 Likes

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by lereinter(m): 11:42am On Oct 30, 2017
radical wont let him win

1 Like

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2017
Insha llah i will also contest in Oyo state soon but not under these two devilish parties called APC and PDP.
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by cosby02(m): 11:43am On Oct 30, 2017
SUG president strikes my mind

1 Like

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by meforyou1(m): 11:44am On Oct 30, 2017
As lautech has refused to resume, i dont blame the guy.
But he should have gone for councillor instead of house member.
Wishing him d best
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by dennisworld1(m): 11:45am On Oct 30, 2017
I could not finish reading. I believe he died of poison after eating Ewedu and Amala combine with Akpu and ofonigbo soup. Too much intake of 7 bottles of cold beer with isiewu. Also later in the evening he took Tiwo and also included kilishi which is disastrous.I need a new supplier..

2 Likes

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by columbus007(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
It's not that it's bad o,but the word gun and it's bullet plus what it can,and what it's done it the past to politicians,i just think that's the begining of wisdom.
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by ufuosman(m): 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
I love is courage
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by Adaomalight(f): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
how old is he? undecided
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by hamid6249: 12:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
dennisworld1:

I could not finish reading. I believe he died of poison after eating Ewedu and Amala combine with Akpu and ofonigbo soup. Too much intake of 7 bottles of cold beer with isiewu. Also later in the evening he took Tiwo and also included kilishi which is disastrous.I need a new supplier..
wish for yourself what you wishes for others

2 Likes

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by PierreDeFermath(m): 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2017
with the way he's answering questions,his IQ is somehow low. And he sounds like someone that would be very easy to manipulate by Godfathers and ogas at the top. Saying Makinde is your role model alone means you will be loyal to him for life. the guy doesn't sound like he has anything to offer Oyo,he sounds like someone that would get there and loot to pay all the debts on his farmer father's neck and the well wishers he was referring to. I expected a more sound minded youth,this guy is just not mentally sound enough for politics,this is not SUG politics o,politics requires brilliance if you really want to serve your people no matter your age. And you don't criticize anybody directly,you do it collectively because that's how Buhari started too and got there throwing blame games at Jonathan,you should rather get there,do everything you can for your people,be transparent and be far more mature than your age. sorry to say o but that's my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by designVATExcel: 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
Yes oh.
Me sef contemplating 2019.
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by amodu(m): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2017
This is encouraging.
Allah will be his strength
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by mixter(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
with the way he's answering questions,his IQ is somehow low. And he sounds like someone that would be very easy to manipulate by Godfathers and ogas at the top. Saying Makinde is your role model alone means you will be loyal to him for life. the guy doesn't sound like he has anything to offer Oyo,he sounds like someone that would get there and loot to pay all the debts on his farmer father's neck and the well wishers he was referring to. I expected a more sound minded youth,this guy is just not mentally sound enough for politics,this is not SUG politics o,politics requires brilliance if you really want to serve your people no matter your age. And you don't criticize anybody directly,you do it collectively because that's how Buhari started too and got there throwing blame games at Jonathan,you should rather get there,do everything you can for your people,be transparent and be far more mature than your age. sorry to say o but that's my opinion.
Well spoken . I was surprised to hear his mentor. I would have expected him to mention names that changed things for the better and yes saying Mr Makinde alone. E get as e be.
Re: Ismail Damola Fantola Contesting For Oyo State House Of Assembly by Femochiiiiiiiii(m): 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
Victory is certain fam

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate / The END Of IPOB Is Here. / Iara Oshiomhole Covers Vanguard Allure Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.