Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK (45924 Views)

FUTO Gives N1,000 Each To Best Graduating Students At The Convocation / SO SAD:- UNILORIN Best Graduating Student Dies Few Days To Her Convocation / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by imstrong1: 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
And worst graduands

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by otswag(m): 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
Is this supposed to be an experiment

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by joyfullyjoyous(f): 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2017
And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by funshizzle: 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by darkhorizon: 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
timay:
i smell a social experiment
exactly

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Meritocracy: 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
It okay. Destiny is certain. I pray almighty Allah turns all my sorrow to happiness with immediately effect and open ways for me where I think there is no way. Congratulations to them all especially two worst graduating students. The man really raised there hope when people think they're hopeless.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by cashlurd(m): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
Doesn't mean everyone should go n start been dullards.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by GetMeRight: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
9jvirgin:
How can a worst graduating student get scholarship? Do these people understand the meaning and essence of scholarship?
What was he rewarding? That's encouraging hard work and laziness.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by DarkRebel69: 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
There is no logical basis for awarding the two worst graduating students with an Oxford scholarship. Prof. Imafidon says the purpose is to prove that graduating with a poor CGPA is not necessarily an indicator of an absent genius (we know this already). But the gospel truth is that a student's CGPA in most cases tells how self-disciplined and persevering that student is. Natural genius has no chance against an average but disciplined and determined mind. (I know this from experience)
Awarding the worst graduating students is sending the wrong message.

Isn't this professor Chris Imafidon the husband of Annie-Marie Imafidon (the computing mathematician) and the father of Samantha Imafidon (the child prodigy who took and passed the SATs at 11 years old)?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
nosike3:
First to commentus!
you mean 4th?
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Daeylar(f): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
It's a disgrace to give the 2 worst students scholarship, what kind of message are they sending.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Harbdulrafiu(m): 9:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
Egein:
I need to enrol my kids in this school, and compel them to fail in flying colors. If there's a Third Class Lower, they should aim for it.

Lols....U wan spoil dier future....�

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by quadree: 9:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
Open The Way For Me, O Lord!
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by luwabrooklyn(m): 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
9jvirgin:
How can a worst graduating student get scholarship? Do these people understand the meaning and essence of scholarship?
oxford are not daft they def know what they doing go check d stats d first class are d most successful in 5 years time while d 3rd class are d most successful all d time after d first 5 years

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Guyman02: 9:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
9jvirgin:
Is it your money, can't someone decide however he wants to spend his money on people again.
You don't know the circumstances behind their poor performances and this man is promising to turn them into geniuses to prove that no one is useless and you are here lamenting embarassed

5 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Venerable612(m): 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2017
DrholuwaTOBI:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/2-best-2-worst-unilorin-graduates-receive-scholarship/

I don't know the veracity of this news. Oxford would not compromise their standard. They don't even take a 2:1 for masters degree. Perhaps I am wrong.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by naijalo: 9:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
Kwara and kogi is in West..

Azikiwe newspaper started redraw of Nigeria..

The northern region ended in jebba..and looking.
Now the military. Reduce the size of northern region..into 3.

The west has 10 states..
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Tsowa(m): 9:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
Two things.... one can be achieved by hardwork and the other one can be achieved with the effort of your village people.... at least village people have done something good.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by dabossman(m): 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
desreek9:
this is more like encouraging failure for pete's sake

Daeylar:
It's a disgrace to give the 2 worst students scholarship, what kind of message are they sending.

No, it's an experiment. The man giving the scholarship wants to prove that no one is useless.

I will not be surprised if those two worst graduating students do very well at Oxford. I know someone who graduated with a 3rd class after being frustrated by his department, who has a PH.D today in the same discipline. He travelled abroad, did a PGD and hasn't looked back since.

Nigerian public universities have a way of making learning unnecessarily tedious.

6 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by tete7000(m): 10:00pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maybe their relative is the worst student. Another way to console themselves. Bunch of mediocres.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by dabossman(m): 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
timay:
i smell a social experiment

Exactly. I don't know how many people commenting here can't decipher that? Is it that they didn't read the article and just rushed to comment. Or is comprehension the problem?

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by jhidey08(m): 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
9jvirgin:
you should ask yourself that question young man, what is a scholarship all about?
I'll help you out sha, there are many types of scholarship, you do not have to be the best student in your class or school b4 u get a scholarship, scholarship isn't only for academic excellence. There are Academic scholarships (merit based), example is the one those best students won, then there are unusual scholarships (it might be for those that are bottom of their class, and it is to encourage them and not make them useless. Then there is a need-based scholarship which is for poor people basically. Sports/Athletic scholarship too, there are even scholarships meant for women only.
I hope I have passed a message here, you do not have to be the best b4 winning a scholarship.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by lummy247: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
ERF:
When God is involved, Protocols are BROKEN...And History is made..

True

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by echobazz: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
soldierboi16:
At least they tried nt like uniosun dat gave the best graduating students wall clock
So Funny....... at least a Rolex wrist watch would have been better.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by wellmax(m): 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
9jvirgin:

You missed the point.
Genius they say is in you.
Let us see how both the best and worst will perform in the UK, then we will know the real factor that determines success

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by TemmyTee82(f): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
ttmacoy:
I don’t get this story, when he says granted scholarships to Oxford does that come with admission or will they have to apply separately?

If separately then how does he expect the worst performing student to gain admission to Oxford?

Very valid questions. They could have sponsored the four best students instead. Which kain yawa be dis?
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by TemmyTee82(f): 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
Guyman02:

Is it your money, can't someone decide however he wants to spend his money on people again.
You don't know the circumstances behind their poor performances and this man is promising to turn them into geniuses to prove that no one is useless and you are here lamenting embarassed

The man does not know the circumstances behind their poor performances either. They could be a pair of undisciplined, party-goers for all any one knows.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by TemmyTee82(f): 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
dabossman:

No, it's an experiment. The man giving the scholarship wants to prove that no one is useless.

I will not be surprised if those two worst graduating students do very well at Oxford. I know someone who graduated with a 3rd class after being frustrated by his department, who has a PH.D today in the same discipline. He travelled abroad, did a PGD and hasn't looked back since.

Nigerian public universities have a way of making learning unnecessarily tedious.

See how everybody is mentioning Oxford as if Oxford na moimoi. How Oxford will agree to compromise their standard in order to help their "experiment" is what ayam not understanding.

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Kristokx(m): 12:17am On Oct 24, 2017
9jvirgin:

What the sponsors are trying to prove is that the worst graduation student could do better, there's no dummy/worst graduating student in unilorin. Class of degree in Nigeria shouldn't be used to checkmate intelligence when you have people sorting there way up to first class n second upper especially with these contemporary universities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Deeldorado: 2:36am On Oct 24, 2017
ttmacoy:
I don’t get this story, when he says granted scholarships to Oxford does that come with admission or will they have to apply separately?

If separately then how does he expect the worst performing student to gain admission to Oxford?

That's the real question Bro. I think he announced it to prove the point of his lecture. He cannot grant admissions even if he owns Oxford. Who will accept those worst graduating students into Oxford? They say a certificate is not important but this is one of those points you need to get the certificate right to move ahead in life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Of The Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need To Stop Making / First 100 Universities In Africa(ranking) / List Of New Words Added To The English Dictionary In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.