Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK (45922 Views)

FUTO Gives N1,000 Each To Best Graduating Students At The Convocation / SO SAD:- UNILORIN Best Graduating Student Dies Few Days To Her Convocation / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by everyevery: 2:43am On Oct 24, 2017
Better by far things
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by demightykleen: 3:18am On Oct 24, 2017
I was there, I can confirmed it....believe or leave it
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Caseless: 3:44am On Oct 24, 2017
9jvirgin:
How can a worst graduating student get scholarship? Do these people understand the meaning and essence of scholarship?
for people like you, disabled shouldn't be helped.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by 4all9: 5:06am On Oct 24, 2017
They are lucky
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Lexzyhands(m): 6:23am On Oct 24, 2017
Education is not measured via certificate but what u can offer beside d certicate. This is what Oxford wanna 'experiment'. This is just pure experiment and it shows how they reason compare to we 'black' that believe all that glitters pass for gold forgetting that gold might be in disguise sometimes.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Lapeywilliams(m): 6:43am On Oct 24, 2017
A very good initiative, sometimes a scholastic knowledge is not always a prove of intelligence.

Meanwhile.............
Hundreds Of Acres Of Good Virgin Land Available In Iyana-Offa After Airforce Secondary School ,Lagelu L.G.A. Ibadan.

There Is Good Road Network To The Farm.

You Can Pay On Installment When You Buy From 10 Acres And Above.

Price Is N250,000/Acre.
For More Enquiries, Contact Mr. Sholape @ +2348060424589, +2348020626259.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by trustworthy1(f): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2017
good innovation
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Sharplakezy(m): 7:25am On Oct 24, 2017
9jvirgin:
How can a worst graduating student get scholarship? Do these people understand the meaning and essence of scholarship?
To me, they are the ones that need the schola
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Sharplakezy(m): 7:29am On Oct 24, 2017
9jvirgin:
To me, they are the ones that need the scholarship the most. because they would actually be discouraged and the scholarship is like giving them another opportunity. please what is the meaning of scholarship? And what is the relationship of scholarship with the performance of students. The simple definition of scholarship is a grant in aid to a student
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by 9jatatafo(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2017
9jvirgin:

Read again. the person who awarded the scholarship mentioned that there is no worst graduating student and his intention is to bring out the genius in them. you can never tell what the worst graduating student could turn out to be tomorrow. never look down on anybody.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by Kagarko(m): 7:52am On Oct 24, 2017
ttmacoy:
I don’t get this story, when he says granted scholarships to Oxford does that come with admission or will they have to apply separately?

If separately then how does he expect the worst performing student to gain admission to Oxford?

I equally wonder.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by ElsonMorali: 7:59am On Oct 24, 2017
desreek9:
this is more like encouraging failure for pete's sake

Happy Birthday

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by chuksjuve(m): 8:02am On Oct 24, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
1st time in history that failure is a great thing

My dear Nigeria has always been celebrating mediocrity from time immemorial...

This is not the first in history, it's just the first to get a wide coverage and public acceptance...
To even think the academia is the one championing this course speaks volume.

Nigeria is on a long thing.
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by ttmacoy: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2017
You are referring to is financial aid not a scholarship. A scholarship is based on performance while financial aid is for support eg people from disadvantaged backgrounds etc.

Irrespective of wether it is aid or scholarship It’s still not clear if this is the professor giving a scholarship or if it is a University Of Oxford initiative. Does the scholarship guarantee admission into Oxford? Even the best graduating student from U of Illorin is not guaranteed admission into Oxford so if he is only providing scholarship and expecting them to apply then it doesn’t make sense.

I did a quick check and the scholarship offer is from his personal foundation so while it may be plausible I still don’t see how he expects them to get into Oxford. It may be better if he awarded the scholarship to be used for any university and they can choose the best they get into rather than restrict it to Oxford.

Sharplakezy:
To me, they are the ones that need the scholarship the most. because they would actually be discouraged and the scholarship is like giving them another opportunity. please what is the meaning of scholarship? And what is the relationship of scholarship with the performance of students. The simple definition of scholarship is a grant in aid to a student
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by ctex4real(m): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
Nairastake:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lol, true talk and apt
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by pweetyborlah95(f): 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
female roommate needed at tipper garage ASAP, inbox akinyemibolanle09@gmail.com. thanks
Re: UNILORIN Worst & Best Graduating Students Get Scholarship To Study In Oxford, UK by dupelomo777(f): 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
hey guys,another opportunity to make money.all u
have to do is learn and you win cool cash.click on
the link below to know more about the online quiz
and sign up.its so easy. https://zimego.com/learn-win-landing-page/?tap_a=24693-7220a8&tap_s=188050-e87369

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Of The Most Common Grammatical Errors We All Need To Stop Making / First 100 Universities In Africa(ranking) / List Of New Words Added To The English Dictionary In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.