Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 (910 Views)

Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay / Cote D'ivoire , Tunisia, Algeria . Togo - AFCON 2013 Group D / Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by hollandis(f): 2:50pm On Mar 14, 2010
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1180528.html#hiddink+reveals+ivorian+rejection

Hiddink reveals Ivorian rejection
(PA) Saturday 13 March 2010
Guus Hiddink has turned down repeated appeals from Didier Drogba to coach Côte d'Ivoire at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. The Dutchman, who managed the Elephants striker at Chelsea, is currently contracted to Russia but will take charge of Turkey when his deal expires.

Both nations failed to qualify for this summer's world finals, and Drogba lobbied Hiddink to request he would lead the Ivorians' Group G campaign, in which they will face against Brazil, Korea DPR and Portugal.

However, the 63-year-old turned down an offer following talks with Ivorian Football Federation (FIF) president Jacques Anouma.

He said in his column in Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf: "Although I had a great conversation with the federal president and chief executive Jacques Anouma, I myself had already decided not to go.

Although I had a great conversation with the federal president and chief executive, I myself had already decided not to go.Guus Hiddink on turning down the chance to guide Côte d'Ivoire in South Africa
"It was a decision taken to avoid unnecessary confusion. Though I must admit that with the Ivory Coast it has not been easy."

Hiddink said Turkey's tour of North America in May would take priority as it was necessary for him to assess the players before taking up the job in August.

Côte d'Ivoire sacked Vahid Halilhodzic after a disappointing CAF Africa Cup of Nations campaign, and were under the guidance of acting coach Kouadio Georges when they lost 2-0 to Korea Republic in a friendly at Loftus Road earlier this month.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2010
I knew this before now but some people were all over the site arguing about this. Hiddink is tied to Turkey and Russia for now and it's not possible to also coach Ivory coast. let them go for Phillip trousier or stick to their former coach.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by hollandis(f): 3:06pm On Mar 14, 2010
I wonder why the hype on hiddink,he failed to secure a whole russia a world cup ticket.Now all the African football federation are clamouring to have him,even if it means wasting millions of dollars.They should go for Bruno Metsu or the Zambian Coach or even Shuaibu Amodu sef
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2010
@ hollandis
Care to expatiate on your signature?
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2010
@ hollandis
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2010
yes, abeg, elaborate.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by hollandis(f): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2010
semid4lyfe:

@ hollandis

honeric01:

yes, abeg, elaborate.
I listened with rapt attention when Onigbinde was questioned about Siasia’ ability to handle the National team and heard the unwholesome opinion Onibinde had about Siasia on Brilla FM.In that interview ,Onigbinde labeled Siasia incompetent and immature to coach the super eagles .Recently Siasia was not listed even as an assistant coach to lagerback and I was amused.NFF claimed Siasia was not chosen because he was technically deficient and that the glory siasia had in the past was due to the technical competence of one of his assistants . Onigbinde is the center of it all.Since his appointment as a technical consultant,he has taken charge of all technical decisions in the Nations football department.Recall Onigbinde is the man that has the worst record of all the coaches that took Nigeria to the world cup.Since our match against a match rusty Argentina that fateful day which we lost by a lone goal,I have not hidden my hatred (I am a lover of football) for this stupid man.I immediately decided to look at his credentials to know why he was hired and I was disappointed ,the man has no major achievment,I wonder how he was being hired in the first place.

I have decided that unless there is a flush in the NFF to include the removal of Onigbinde,there will never be progress in the Super eagles and footballing in general.you will never see the appointment of a good coach like Siasia,you will never see the non inclusion of non performing players like Kanu,Aiyegbeni,Yobo,Ayila ,Olofinjana et al.

However with the comments made by Lagerback during the previous week ,when he requested a dossier of the Beijing Olympics boys and his vehement refusal to accept the imposition of eguavoen as his assistant,I still see a future for the eagles,however bleak it is.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 5:06pm On Mar 14, 2010
Well, that's the problem with our football, civil servant taking over sport affairs, what does onigbinde know about coaching in the first place? what has he ever achieved as a coach in his life? so he's now the one deciding who's good and who's not good? arrant nonsense.

anyways, me no even get time for them, even Chukwu get record pass am.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2010
? ?
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2010
Hmmm. . .I don't think any Nigerian HATES and DESPISES (forgive the tautology) Festus Onigbihinde as much I do. .even u sef, lol. Funny enough, I just watched the old fool about 2hrs ago on Channels Tv sundays sports programme talking rubbish and saying his brief was to make sure the Super Eagles were not disgraced in Japan/Korea 2002 and he achieved that. I felt like slapping him thru' my tv. . .You lost 2 matches, drew 1, get knocked out of the competition in the 1st round and say you were not disgraced? Pray, tell, . .how nah? I'll never forgive him for the part he played in Amodu's sack & ultimately taking his (Amodu's) glory in 2002. Make I stop here for now. . .If I begin dey talk im matter, Nairaland go crash with the kain vile names I go call am.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by Kx: 5:21pm On Mar 14, 2010
honeric01:

what does onigbinde know about coaching in the first place? what has he ever achieved as a coach in his life? so he's now the one deciding who's good and who's not good? arrant nonsense.
the main reason workinh in favor of onigbinde is the fact that he has been vastly recycled.
they fail to realise that the old school ideas that failed woefully in 1980 stands no chance in jet 2010
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by hollandis(f): 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Hmmm. . .I don't think any Nigerian HATES and DESPISES (forgive the tautology) Festus Onigbihinde as much I do. .even u sef, lol. Funny enough, I justed watched the old fool about 2hrs ago on Channels Tv sundays sports programme talking rubbish and saying his brief was to make sure the Super Eagles were not disgraced in Japan/Korea 2002 and he achieved that. I felt like slapping him thru' my tv. . .You lost 2 matches, drew 1, get knocked out of the competition in the 1st round and say you were not disgraced? Pray, tell, . .how nah? I'll never forgive him for the part he played in Amodu's sack & ultimately taking his (Amodu's) glory in 2002. Make I stop here for now. . .If I begin dey talk im matter, Nairaland go crash with the kain vile names I go call am.
LOL i am glad I am not alone.He had the guts to speak on channels tv?The problem with our country is the media.They always celebrate mediocrity and under achievers.
Abeg mention names jare,nairaland go still dey kampe
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2010
Kx:

the main reason workinh in favor of onigbinde is the fact that he has been vastly recycled.
they fail to realise that the old school ideas that failed woefully in 1980 stands no chance in jet 2010

I just don't understand us at all. anyways, let them do whatever they want now because i know time's coming when people like this would never be allowed near any sport activities, not to talk of administrating football.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by hollandis(f): 6:23pm On Mar 14, 2010
honeric01:

I just don't understand us at all. anyways, let them do whatever they want now because i know time's coming when people like this would never be allowed near any sport activities, not to talk of administrating football.
I cant imagine watching world cup 2010 with my heart in my mouth.I just hope good ex footballers make it to the top echelon.With the likes of jj okocha gunning for the Vice presidency,the future seems alright
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 7:06pm On Mar 14, 2010
hollandis:

I cant imagine watching world cup 2010 with my heart in my mouth.I just hope good ex footballers make it to the top echelon.With the likes of jj okocha gunning for the Vice presidency,the future seems alright

okocha is too money conscious, i prefer kanu or oliseh in that post.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by TexMex: 5:50am On Mar 15, 2010
This thread has become unidirectional, and it's little surprise that contributors have been few: it's turning into an ONIGBINDE-bashing thread.

Kindly permit me to correct the impression about ONIGBINDE. Hollandis referred to an interview he (ONIGBINDE) granted on Samson Siasia, and used that as ground to denounce the man. I recently read an interview by same ONIGBINDE in Complete Sports (http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/2010/03/onigbinde-%E2%80%98i-was-instructed-not-to-take-certain-players-to-2002-world-cup%E2%80%99-chief-adegboye-onigbinde-opens-can-of-worms-on-super-eagles-failure-in-japankorea/). Given the medium and the occasion, ONIGBINDE talked about many issues (mainly LAGERBACK's appointment), and at no time did he say SIASIA is technically deficient. Rather, he said SIASIA has his own crew he prefers to work with, and having him as an assistant to LAGERBACK could create friction (my words, not his). I hence find it distressing that HOLLANDIS will conclude ONIGBINDE sees SIASIA has been incompetent.

On Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup, I agree with ONIGBINDE that NIGERIA was not disgraced. If anyone said NIGERIA was disgraced, then NIGERIA's team to FRANCE '98 was roundly disgraced by DENMARK (a small EUROPEAN country with little known league), and WESTERHOF's team to USA '94 was disgraced by ARGENTINA and ITALY.

We need to understand the circumstances prevailing in 2002. NIGERIA was in the Group of death (same scenario now facing Cote d'ivoire). ARGENTINA (blessed with world class players) were pre-tournament favorites, yet they too could not qualify from that group. That's why I find LARS LAGERBACK 'testimony' of how he qualified SWEDEN from that group very interesting. Very interesting too that HOLLANDIS will say that ARGENTINA's team was match-rusty! Why give excuses when none was asked?

We should not judge things based on sentiments. A number of us here (I inclusive) are vociferous supporters of SIASIA, but some here have given a contrary view that SIASIA is over-rated and over-hyped. I 'm actually looking forward to SIASIA given another opportunity to prove himself so we might know whether he's in the class of HIDDINK or BONFRERE JO. Until then, please lets leave ONIGBINDE alone. He has done his bit the best way he saw fit to be in the best interest of NIGERIA. Let's leave posterity to judge. I will never believe the likes of ONIGBINDE and MASTOROUDES are anti-SIASIA and anti-NIGERIA football. Both share same views on SIASIA, and I 'm surprised some here are picking on ONIGBINDE.

Back to topic:
Well, HIDDINK's romance with IVORY COAST 'get as e be'. He was highly favored to get the job, but I guess negotiations with RUSSIA didn't go too well, hence he just had to stick it out with RUSSIA -- collecting pay for doing nothing. RUSSIA doesn't even have any friendlies planned, so I see it as vengeance by the RUSSIAN federation by not allowing HIDDINK get an early release from his contract.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 6:08am On Mar 15, 2010
TexMex:

On Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup, I agree with ONIGBINDE that NIGERIA was not disgraced. If anyone said NIGERIA was disgraced, then NIGERIA's team to FRANCE '98 was roundly disgraced by DENMARK (a small EUROPEAN country with little known league), and WESTERHOF's team to USA '94 was disgraced by ARGENTINA and ITALY.

Because you think losing within low scoreline should not be termed disgrace does not mean we weren;t disgraced, in the 3 matches we played, we were outplayed in all of them and even the only goal we scored came out of an individual determination (yobo's run and Julius's header), apart from that, what else is there to remember from that set of eagles? one more thing, he claimed he was building us a team, can you authoritatively say he really built us a team?
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by TexMex: 8:20am On Mar 15, 2010
honeric01:

Because you think losing within low scoreline should not be termed disgrace does not mean we weren;t disgraced, in the 3 matches we played, we were outplayed in all of them and even the only goal we scored came out of an individual determination (yobo's run and Julius's header), apart from that, what else is there to remember from that set of eagles? one more thing, he claimed he was building us a team, can you authoritatively say he really built us a team?
I 'm surprised you 'd say NIGERIA was outplayed in the 3 matches she played in KOREA/JAPAN 2002. The only match in which we were on the back-foot was the first match against ARGENTINA, and that was essentially because ONIGBINDE's strategy was defensive (he was playing for a draw against the ARGENTINE heavy-weights). Against SWEDEN, NIGERIA outplayed her opponents but were not fortunate in goal-count. You can watch the highlights of the match on Youtube, count how many scoring chances NIGERIA created but was unable to score, and relate same with same statistics from SWEDEN. You 'll be surprised at your findings.

In the match against ENGLAND, the game was 50-50, and judging by excuses in the ENGLISH media that the altitude affected their players game, I know they themselves know they didn't hammer us the way you claim. So why give them undue credit?

As to your question, I know ONIGBINDE changed the pattern of the SE's play. He was the one that built the team round the skills of OKOCHA. When people complain today about the absence of a creative midielder in the mould of OKOCHA, they easily forget ONIGBINDE carved that role for OKOCHA and prior to that, OKOCHA was more of a substitute in the SE even under AMODU. Some of the players discovered by ONIGBINDE that still remained relevant in later years include: Vincent Enyeama and UTAKA. And all these (game plan, player discovery) were done in less than 4months!

ONIGBINDE's target was to learn from the experience of KOREA/JAPAN, and build a crop of SE players made up solely of home-based players (an idea AMODU was to later hijack and credit to himself), but there were so many forces at play (most especially since the Sports Minister that appointed ONIGBINDE was dead), and as we were reading the news of plans for a home-based SE, we were also hearing that Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi was accepting applications for SE Coach. ONIGBINDE was told to apply, but he refused. Christian Chukwu was subsequently appointed Coach of SE, and we all know where that ended. I hate revisionism and have been following the game passionately since the days of WESTERHOF. I was really young, but MUMINI ALAO and his crew at Complete Sports kept my passion alive with their news stories.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 9:28am On Mar 15, 2010
TexMex:

I 'm surprised you 'd say NIGERIA was outplayed in the 3 matches she played in KOREA/JAPAN 2002. The only match in which we were on the back-foot was the first match against ARGENTINA, and that was essentially because ONIGBINDE's strategy was defensive (he was playing for a draw against the ARGENTINE heavy-weights). Against SWEDEN, NIGERIA outplayed her opponents but were not fortunate in goal-count. You can watch the highlights of the match on Youtube, count how many scoring chances NIGERIA created but was unable to score, and relate same with same statistics from SWEDEN. You 'll be surprised at your findings.

In the match against ENGLAND, the game was 50-50, and judging by excuses in the ENGLISH media that the altitude affected their players game, I know they themselves know they didn't hammer us the way you claim. So why give them undue credit?

As to your question, I know ONIGBINDE changed the pattern of the SE's play. He was the one that built the team round the skills of OKOCHA. When people complain today about the absence of a creative midielder in the mould of OKOCHA, they easily forget ONIGBINDE carved that role for OKOCHA and prior to that, OKOCHA was more of a substitute in the SE even under AMODU. Some of the players discovered by ONIGBINDE that still remained relevant in later years include: Vincent Enyeama and UTAKA. And all these (game plan, player discovery) were done in less than 4months!

ONIGBINDE's target was to learn from the experience of KOREA/JAPAN, and build a crop of SE players made up solely of home-based players (an idea AMODU was to later hijack and credit to himself), but there were so many forces at play (most especially since the Sports Minister that appointed ONIGBINDE was dead), and as we were reading the news of plans for a home-based SE, we were also hearing that Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi was accepting applications for SE Coach. ONIGBINDE was told to apply, but he refused. Christian Chukwu was subsequently appointed Coach of SE, and we all know where that ended. I hate revisionism and have been following the game passionately since the days of WESTERHOF. I was really young, but MUMINI ALAO and his crew at Complete Sports kept my passion alive with their news stories.

Bro, stop this, we were outplayed in all the 3 watches, please go back and watch the match, it's not about holding the ball at the back, we were never forward minded in korea japan and apart from Enyeama and Yobo, who else is there to remember? Did i hear you say Utaka?

Okocha was already a starter since 2000 so i don't know where you got your own version of him being a sub from. which play pattern are you talking about here? Onigbinde's play pattern? using just one person in the midfield as the life-wire of the whole team? now tell me, what good has this done to our football? i hope you can see what it has caused us? apart from that, what did that pattern win us? 3 losses with 1 goal.

Anyways, let me just bone this issue because i don't like flogging a dead horse, let's just wait and see what the WC is going to give to us.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by hollandis(f): 10:26am On Mar 15, 2010
TexMex:

This thread has become unidirectional, and it's little surprise that contributors have been few: it's turning into an ONIGBINDE-bashing thread.

Kindly permit me to correct the impression about ONIGBINDE. Hollandis referred to an interview he (ONIGBINDE) granted on Samson Siasia, and used that as ground to denounce the man. I recently read an interview by same ONIGBINDE in Complete Sports (http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/2010/03/onigbinde-%E2%80%98i-was-instructed-not-to-take-certain-players-to-2002-world-cup%E2%80%99-chief-adegboye-onigbinde-opens-can-of-worms-on-super-eagles-failure-in-japankorea/). Given the medium and the occasion, ONIGBINDE talked about many issues (mainly LAGERBACK's appointment), and at no time did he say SIASIA is technically deficient. Rather, he said SIASIA has his own crew he prefers to work with, and having him as an assistant to LAGERBACK could create friction (my words, not his). I hence find it distressing that HOLLANDIS will conclude ONIGBINDE sees SIASIA has been incompetent.

We need to understand the circumstances prevailing in 2002. NIGERIA was in the Group of death (same scenario now facing Cote d'ivoire). ARGENTINA (blessed with world class players) were pre-tournament favorites, yet they too could not qualify from that group. That's why I find LARS LAGERBACK 'testimony' of how he qualified SWEDEN from that group very interesting. Very interesting too that HOLLANDIS will say that ARGENTINA's team was match-rusty! Why give excuses when none was asked?

We should not judge things based on sentiments. A number of us here (I inclusive) are vociferous supporters of SIASIA, but some here have given a contrary view that SIASIA is over-rated and over-hyped. I 'm actually looking forward to SIASIA given another opportunity to prove himself so we might know whether he's in the class of HIDDINK or BONFRERE JO. Until then, please lets leave ONIGBINDE alone. He has done his bit the best way he saw fit to be in the best interest of NIGERIA. Let's leave posterity to judge. I will never believe the likes of ONIGBINDE and MASTOROUDES are anti-SIASIA and anti-NIGERIA football. Both share same views on SIASIA, and I 'm surprised some here are picking on ONIGBINDE.

Back to topic:
Well, HIDDINK's romance with IVORY COAST 'get as e be'. He was highly favored to get the job, but I guess negotiations with RUSSIA didn't go too well, hence he just had to stick it out with RUSSIA -- collecting pay for doing nothing. RUSSIA doesn't even have any friendlies planned, so I see it as vengeance by the RUSSIAN federation by not allowing HIDDINK get an early release from his contract.

It is unfortunate the thread turned to an Onigbinde bashing thread grin,but from the comments registered you will agree with me that Onigbinde's contribution to the national team is the beginning of the end of our beloved game , his continuous purported technical advice is a sign of things to fall apart.You recently saw his comments but did you know about his previous comments?He is an architect of Siasia's misfortune.

Contrary to your wrong opinion that Nigeria was not disgraced ,the country recorded her most shameful display of football ever in the history of the game.I still maintain,the argentine team back then was match rusty.Nigeria gave them an undeserved goal.He has brought disgrace to local coaches.If he had been more prurposeful back in the days,we might never have even considered employing a white as coach.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by A40(m): 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
@Semid4lyfe
You don't hate Onigbinde half of how i do. He is arguably the most useless coach in Nigerian history! And is really not qualified to talk about Siasia who is young enough to be his son but is Onigbinde's grandpa when it comes to coaching. The only thing Onigbinde should be analyzing is the technicality of swallowing an okele of amala cos that is the only thing he is good at
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2010
A-40:

The only thing Onigbinde should be analyzing is the technicality of swallowing an okele of amala cos that is the only thing he is good at

And how to maintain 8 sharp looking tribal marks grin grin grin grin
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by hollandis(f): 12:25pm On Mar 15, 2010
A-40:

@Semid4lyfe
You don't hate Onigbinde half of how i do. He is arguably the most useless coach in Nigerian history! And is really not qualified to talk about Siasia who is young enough to be his son but is Onigbinde's grandpa when it comes to coaching. The only thing Onigbinde should be analyzing is the technicality of swallowing an okele of amala cos that is the only thing he is good at
lol grin
honeric01:

And how to maintain 8 sharp looking tribal marks grin grin grin grin

chei grin
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by snakova(m): 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2010
honeric01:

I knew this before now but some people were all over the site arguing about this. Hiddink is tied to Turkey and Russia for now and it's not possible to also coach Ivory coast. let them go for Phillip trousier or stick to their former coach.
Wrong. He could have closed his contract with Russia to take a 2 month contract with CIV. It was even reported by goal.com that he had accepted the deal. Sha, their loss. lol
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2010
snakova:

Wrong. He could have closed his contract with Russia to take a 2 month contract with CIV. It was even reported by goal.com that he had accepted the deal. Sha, their loss. lol

so u take all the things u read on goal.com seriously? men, switch base, he was never their coach, he never agreed and he still doesn't want them. who would take up a 2 months coaching job if not golddiggers?
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by snakova(m): 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2010
The prospect of coaching a solid team like CIV is hard to pass by. Even Lagerback has only about 2 months to do any real work on the SE. Suggest a few sites apart from soccernet,tribal football,football365,uefa,kickoff,and fifa.com.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2010
Only jobless coaches.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by snakova(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2010
honeric01:

Only jobless coaches.
Personally i don't see the rationale behind firing Halihodzic cos prior to ANC he was doing pretty well with very convincing results. Trap is not unemployed but considered the naija appointment. abi i lie?
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by montelik(m): 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
See the way people have blasted Onigbinde.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2010
snakova:

Personally i don't see the rationale behind firing Halihodzic cos prior to ANC he was doing pretty well with very convincing results. Trap is not unemployed but considered the naija appointment. abi i lie?

Well, Trap is not "jobless" but do they want him?
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by snakova(m): 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2010
honeric01:

Well, Trap is not "jobless" but do they want him?
nah. but the point is that he was interested.
Re: Guus Hiddink Turns Down The Chance To Guide Côte D'ivoire In South Africa 2010 by honeric01(m): 6:39am On Mar 22, 2010
snakova:

nah. but the point is that he was interested.
Being interested and being wanted are 2 different thing.

(1) (Reply)

Lukman To Get Argentina Start / Nigeria Can Still Qualify For The Next Round By Beating Korea Just 1-0 / Hail Ike Uche The New Super Eagles Best Striker:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.