Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo (30891 Views)

Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University / Wike Planning To Pay Ekiti Workers 6 Months Salary Arrears – APC / Fayose Pictured With Oyedepo As His Son Rogba Gradates From Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by VULCAN(m): 1:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
If one is literate but does not read an article before commenting is one really any better than an illiterate?

I say this as you have identified that illiteracy is a big problem we have.

If you had bothered to read the article he said that Dogara was a follower of his since his university days.

Further checks would have confirmed that Dogara has been a politician for only 11 years therefore he donated that salary before he became a politician.

So all the whining in your post is misplaced as regards this particular donation

The purpose of education is to apply organised thought to information to make sound judgements.

omenka:
Nonsense. All these are for nothing but to shore up ones political capital.

Nigerian politicians understand how extraordinarily obsessed Nigerians are with religion, so, whenever they wanna face the ballot, all they need to do is deploy this card, be they Christians or Muslims.

I would rather donate such huge amounts of money to an academic institution than to ANY Church, not even that which I attend. The reason behind some of the worst problems we face as a nation is mass illiteracy and our politicians leverage on that whenever they engage the people.

Imagine what this country would have looked like if we had as much schools as the are churches and mosques!

Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by bolamp(m): 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
wickyyolo:

The love I have for this man is unquenchable.

Hope your love for God is also unquenchable

1 Like

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
pauljumbo:
My life changed when I start listening to bishop Oyedepo he is gift to humanity.

Wonderful gift. And Satan tried to play a smart one on him a few days ago, but he failed. We bless God for the life of Bishop Oyedepo!

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Softhands(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
My first encounter with Bishop was 2005...Since then, I have had the crase for God... Even when I deviate from his ways, I find myself running back to him knowing my life had been in danger without him...Indeed there is fire in his teachings...Just one message and your story won't be the same again.
pauljumbo:
My life changed when I start listening to bishop Oyedepo he is gift to humanity.

4 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by PierreDeFermath(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
omenka:

Nigerian politicians understand how extraordinarily obsessed Nigerians are with religion, so, whenever they wanna face the ballot, all they need to do is deploy this card, be they Christians or Muslims.

I would rather donate such huge amounts of money to an academic institution than to ANY Church, not even that which I attend. The reason behind some of the worst problems we face as a nation is mass illiteracy and our politicians leverage on that whenever they engage the people.

Imagine what this country would have looked like if we had as much schools as the are churches and mosques!

Smh.
they are both using each other,he's using Dogara to advertise by showing to people that if they bring more money out of nothing to his church,they will be successful like Dogara,meanwhile Dogara is using him to score political points to get votes from the gullible in the upcoming election
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Infocitadel: 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
I have read some comments, and I appreciate all of it, but let me quickly remind us that this incident happened 15 years ago, dogara wasn't a speaker then.

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Infocitadel: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
VULCAN:
If one is literate but does not read an article before commenting is one really any better than an illiterate?

I say this as you have identified that illiteracy is a big problem we have.

If you had bothered to read the article he said that Dogara was a follower of his since his university days.

Further checks would have confirmed that Dogara has been a politician for only 11 years therefore he donated that salary before he became a politician.

So all the whining in your post is misplaced as regards this particular donation

The purpose of education is to apply organised thought to information to make sound judgements.

thanks for this mate. people no longer read to understand, but to simply condemn

1 Like

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Abdul3391(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Tolexander:
Good!
Can he still do the same?
only if they want to build 15 more...omo speaker 6 months salary
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by brojoshua: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
Those prosperity preaching experts know how to how bleed even a stone
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Duru009(m): 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
My father in the lord!!

2 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Dagoma: 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
Misplaçed priority,
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Dagoma: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Misplaçed priority!
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by wonlasewonimi: 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Any public official that could afford to donate their 6 months salary should be investigated...the person is fantastically corrupt!
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
Fvcking thief... What about the thousands of members who helped in carrying blocks, cements and other heavy stuff, they were promised places for their kids in covenant university, but it was all a lie.
Oyedepo and Adeboye are the 2 biggest religious thieves in Nigeria, criminality has infected every sphere of the Nigerian system.
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by eyinjuege: 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
jayson87:
I assure you there is no blessing in that giving. There are 10 of thousands of hungry people in his constituency. He should have bought relief materials for them with that salary

God is not stupid. You can appeal to man but stink to God

That was over 15years ago as stated. Where was dogara 15years ago should be the question? What was that so called salary 15 years ago?
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by guiddoti: 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
betterABIAstate:
its looting politicians money plus tithe payer's money.
Fact
Did you mean Dogora stole our money 15yrs ago? Fact!
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Damoche10: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Election is looming and knocking at the door....he needs your vote. grin grin
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by guiddoti: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
Broke Niggaz will always complain

No pay; no gain. Broke niggaz don't know.
The Hand that gives is the Hand that gathers. Broke niggaz don't know.

The principle of prosperity is give and take. Broke niggaz don't know.

Give and it shall be given unto you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over shall be measured back to you. Broke niggaz don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by OmoEpe(m): 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
godunia:
Muslims are contributing to schools owned by Pastors, nobody is complaining but if it's Christians that are contributing to schools owned by Islamic scholars, you will hear things like, Christians are fools, they want to Islamise Nigeria and they are supporting them. God is watching all over you. NB: I m a Christian.

Don't say what you don't know as a fact. Dogora was born a Christian and has been a member of winners Chapel for decades, long before politics started in 99.
Pleae watch what you say as a Christian knowing that you will account for every idle word you utter
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by OmoEpe(m): 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
Bidobado:
Fvcking thief... What about the thousands of members who helped in carrying blocks, cements and other heavy stuff, they were promised places for their kids in covenant university, but it was all a lie.
Oyedepo and Adeboye are the 2 biggest religious thieves in Nigeria, criminality has infected every sphere of the Nigerian system.

As a long standing member of winners Chapel before the establishment on Covenant University i want to assure you that no one was promised any space for their children in exchange for Labour service on the site neither was anybody compelled to do manual work on the site then
It was intended to be Africa's Harvard am sure you know Harvard ain't cheap
Blessed Afternoon

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by marv1: 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
jayson87:
I assure you there is no blessing in that giving. There are 10 of thousands of hungry people in his constituency. He should have bought relief materials for them with that salary

Listen to yourself and don't die of heart attack. Maybe you didn't understand it very well . He dogara did that 15 years ago, not when he is s speaker.
So take it easy man.. Dogara had been a member of winners even before 1999 new political dispensation.
He did that before coming into politics.

1 Like

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by shaydeenamz(m): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
those castigating my speaker my kinsman shut up what dogara has done to humanity ur ancestors havent done half am from same local govt with him he has blessed alot of souls even before venturing into politics and he is still doing go n see alot of transformation in his bconstituency so as far as humanity is concern one man cannot solve evry human's problem.u talking if u can affect the life of a single person th
e world will be a better place.

1 Like

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Iduatei(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
jayson87:

you are so so stupid

1 Like

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by GODWIN78(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
I see why our minister,s can not tell our politician, s the hard truth,

go and tell the king their will be no rain for three years and na so, can we get that type of prophet, s to address the mess we are in today?
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Robenny(m): 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
Could it be the reason why u are still this poor?]I assure you there is no blessing in that giving. There are 10 of thousands of hungry people in his constituency. He should have bought relief materials for them with that salary

God is not stupid. You can appeal to man but stink to God[/quote]
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by hopilo: 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jengem:

http://www.herald.ng/dogara-donated-six-months-salary-to-covenant-university-oyedepo/

How will he feed his family if truly the depend on salary alone.
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
godunia:
Muslims are contributing to schools owned by Pastors, nobody is complaining but if it's Christians that are contributing to schools owned by Islamic scholars, you will hear things like, Christians are fools, they want to Islamise Nigeria and they are supporting them. God is watching all over you. NB: I m a Christian.
Always ask questions
Dogara is a Christian and a member of the Living Faith Church.

1 Like

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Themandator: 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
pauljumbo:

The best thing that ever happened to my spiritual and economic life was joining his ministry... Zero regret

1 Like

Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Themandator: 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
omenka:

Smh.

Dogara wasn't a politician 15 years ago.... he was a mere salary earner in one corner of the north. .... he gave it foolishly and yet has become richer and better than you even with your better intelligence and nobility.

This should be of concern to you that those being scammmed gets up the ladder while the clever and smart ones explain their smartness on forums
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Themandator: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
wirinet:

When i start getting salary? Well, this is an anonymous forum so there is not need boasting of our achievements. For your information, i graduated from OAU and i did not pay tuition fees.

Good. Go back there and give them six months of your salary or are you an anonymous Dangote, then start a welfare scheme in your state and send all the poor to OAU..... stop analyzing another man’s personal decision ... his money , his life
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by omoelerin1: 8:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
pauljumbo:
what happened to your life when you had encounter with Jesus?
It is bishop that changed your life, not Jesus.
Re: Dogara Donated Six Months Salary To Covenant University – Oyedepo by Themandator: 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
jayson87:

Who are you assuring, he moved from being a salary earner to being your fourth official citizen.

Assurance PLC , compare your blessing to that and tell us how you fare.... I assure you, you are of no consequence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Congratulates Atiku For Winning PDP Presidential Ticket / Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island / Wada Removes 15 LG Chairmen For Defecting To APC

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.