Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? (1202 Views)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Prophet Muhammad Tops The List Of The Most Influential People Of All Time / Goni Tijjani Muhammad Dan Baba Bags Accolades At Qur'anic Recitation Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by folafola(m): 6:30am On Oct 22, 2017
MUSLIMS MAKE THIS CLAIM TO SAFE THE FACE OF MUHAMMAD

"
Aisha was actually matured at age 9 at that time she had inter course with The rasool. Things have changed overtime due to hormone, environmental change,chemical compositions"

THE HADDITH FAULTS THIS CLAIM

Narrated `Aisha:

I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for `Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fath-ul-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

Do not take my word for it check below and come back to challenge me!!!

REFERENCES

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/78/157

▪sura 65:4 tafsirs below
http://main.altafsir.com/AsbabAlnuzol.asp?SoraName=65&Ayah=4&search=yes&img=A&LanguageID=2
http://main.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=0&tTafsirNo=73&tSoraNo=65&tAyahNo=4&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2
http://main.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=1&tTafsirNo=74&tSoraNo=65&tAyahNo=4&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2
http://main.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=0&tTafsirNo=73&tSoraNo=65&tAyahNo=4&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2
http://main.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?
▪(ARABIC)http://main.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=1&tTafsirNo=7&tSoraNo=65&tAyahNo=4&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=1

fsp2017 October
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AntiWailer: 6:40am On Oct 22, 2017
This post will soon be blocked with the creed.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by bloodmoneyspita: 6:44am On Oct 22, 2017
what does entering my dwelling place mean, and why did her friends use to hide when he entered her dwelling place hmm.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by folafola(m): 6:50am On Oct 22, 2017
child marriage was the evil perpetrated by Muhammad please where are the muslims who can defend this call?

3 Likes

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by enilove(m): 7:15am On Oct 22, 2017
What do you expect the muslims to say.

The muslims are known for practising TAQIYYAH , which is lying to prorect their religion .

1 Like

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2017
The Hadith is true and I believe it as a Muslim.

No one among the Prophet's enemies during his time ever called him a paedophile! Marriage to young ladies as such is permissible, normal and common at that time.

1 Like

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 22, 2017
I think that the calendar year of those days are different from the calendar year of this days e.g Ethiopians and some other countries actually don't use our system of calendar.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by iamgenius(m): 8:01am On Oct 22, 2017
folafola:
child marriage was the evil perpetrated by Muhammad please where are the muslims who can defend this call?
Did the people during his time see it as something bad? Or it's just what you are programmed to say?

1 Like

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by sorextee(m): 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Let's all forget what has happened in the past. My problem is with those who are still practising it in d core north. Eg, katsina, kano, etc.. They will marry their daughter off at an early age, as a means of settling debts. The useless and uneducated alhaji will still force his way into her. Some of dem suffer complications in d long run, which may result in their death.

At d end of d day, the foolish man will open his dirty mouth and be saying ALLAH YA KAWO, ALLAH YA DAUKE(ALLAH gives, Allah takes). Some of the Muslims in d north dont really have regards for women. They see dem as objects that cook ND bear children for them. Afterall their religion allows 4.

I dont blame them sha. They re uneducated so they have to rely on their mallams who is also an illiterate to explain d Quran to them. Whatever d mallam say is what they follow. Unlike their Muslim folks in d south, who re more tolerant and read their holy Book in depth, to get the message..
The ones in d north who at least managed to get educated are not helping in dis regard. Nigeria would have had independence since, but due to the illiteracy in d north, it was brought forward.

They carry religion for head pass anything. For borno wey I dey stay, na almajiri plenty pass.. Papa marry reach 5 wives, get 23 kids. No money to train dem. Push dem go outside make dey go hustle.. Boko haram gangs go see dem, bribe dem with chicken lap cos they never chop am for their entire life. Give dem bomb make dey go throw somewhere, say if they successfully throw am they go give am turkey chop, or say Allah go give dem 72 virgins to straf. Dem sef will go.

U cant do that to a southern Muslim. Cos dey re wise ND cant be fooled.. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AlBaqir(m): 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
folafola:
MUSLIMS MAKE THIS CLAIM TO SAFE THE FACE OF MUHAMMAD

"Aisha was actually matured at age 9 at that time she had inter course with The rasool. Things have changed overtime due to hormone, environmental change,chemical compositions"

THE HADDITH FAULTS THIS CLAIM

Narrated `Aisha:

I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for `Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fath-ul-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

Do not take my word for it check below and come back to challenge me!!!

REFERENCES

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/78/157

There are lots of excellent submissions and arguments and counter arguments that had been put forward on the issue of Aisha's 6 - 9 years age when she allegedly married to the Prophet of Islam. Unfortunately, it usually fall into deafening hears of Islam's antagonists and of course the Sahih Bukhari's worshippers for a simple fact that the former sees it as a strong evidence against the Prophet of Islam, and unfortunately the later believed every single thing recorded in Sahih Bukhari to be 100% authentic and accurate. Therefore, the best way to go about this discussion is to use sahih Bukhari itself and other authentic hadiths.

First, the above Hadith as said to have been reported by Aishah (even with or without the explanation of Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani in Fath al-Barr) revealed to us that Aisha was "under age" when she married the Prophet. Indeed, only a child, under age can be used to playing with dolls. Aisha herself is reported to have given us the "exact age" thus:

Narrated `Aisha:
that the Prophet (s ) married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 5133
In-book reference : Book 67, Hadith 69
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 7, Book 62, Hadith 64
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/67/69

ATTENTION TO THE 8 OBSERVATIONS:

1. Aisha was 6 years old at the time of her marriage with the Prophet but not yet matured (she still plays with dolls)

2. The marriage was consummated when she was 9 years old (i.e now "matured" )

3. She remained with her husband for 9 years (before he died).

Prophet spent 10 years in Madina according to the below Hadith:

Narrated `Aisha and Ibn `Abbas:
The Prophet (s) remained in Mecca for ten years, during which the Qur'an used to be revealed to him; and he stayed in Medina for ten years.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 4978, 4979
In-book reference : Book 66, Hadith 1
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 502
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/66/1

4. For a fact, Prophet died in the 11 A.H (making him spent complete 10 years in Madina). And since, Aisha stayed with the Prophet for 9 years; therefore, Aisha married to the Prophet in the year 1 A.H (10 - 9 = 1).

5. With the above information, following are evident:

i. Aisha was 6 years old in the year 1 A.H

ii. She was 9 years old in the year 4 A.H

CONTRADICTIONS

A. Imam Abu Dawud documents:

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
When the Messenger of Allah (s) arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the draught raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her.

He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Messenger of Allah (s) laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth.

Grade Sahih (al-Albani)
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 4932
In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 160
English translation : Book 42, Hadith 4914
https://sunnah.com/abudawud/43/160
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AlBaqir(m): 5:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
AlBaqir:

There are lots of excellent submissions and arguments and counter arguments that had been put forward on the issue of Aisha's 6 - 9 years age when she allegedly married to the Prophet of Islam. Unfortunately, it usually fall into deafening hears of Islam's antagonists and of course the Sahih Bukhari's worshippers for a simple fact that the former sees it as a strong evidence against the Prophet of Islam, and unfortunately the later believed every single thing recorded in Sahih Bukhari to be 100% authentic and accurate. Therefore, the best way to go about this discussion is to use sahih Bukhari itself and other authentic hadiths.

First, the above Hadith as said to have been reported by Aishah (even with or without the explanation of Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani in Fath al-Barr) revealed to us that Aisha was "under age" when she married the Prophet. Indeed, only a child, under age can be used to playing with dolls. Aisha herself is reported to have given us the "exact age" thus:

Narrated `Aisha:
that the Prophet (s ) married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 5133
In-book reference : Book 67, Hadith 69
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 7, Book 62, Hadith 64
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/67/69

ATTENTION TO THE 8 OBSERVATIONS:

1. Aisha was 6 years old at the time of her marriage with the Prophet but not yet matured (she still plays with dolls)

2. The marriage was consummated when she was 9 years old (i.e now "matured" )

3. She remained with her husband for 9 years (before he died).

Prophet spent 10 years in Madina according to the below Hadith:

Narrated `Aisha and Ibn `Abbas:
The Prophet (s) remained in Mecca for ten years, during which the Qur'an used to be revealed to him; and he stayed in Medina for ten years.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 4978, 4979
In-book reference : Book 66, Hadith 1
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 502
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/66/1

4. For a fact, Prophet died in the 11 A.H (making him spent complete 10 years in Madina). And since, Aisha stayed with the Prophet for 9 years; therefore, Aisha married to the Prophet in the year 1 A.H (10 - 9 = 1).

5. With the above information, following are evident:

i. Aisha was 6 years old in the year 1 A.H

ii. She was 9 years old in the year 4 A.H

CONTRADICTIONS

A. Imam Abu Dawud documents:

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
When the Messenger of Allah (s) arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the draught raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her.

He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Messenger of Allah (s) laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth.

Grade Sahih (al-Albani)
Reference : Sunan Abi Dawud 4932
In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 160
English translation : Book 42, Hadith 4914
https://sunnah.com/abudawud/43/160

6. For the Prophet not to have rebuked Aishah (and even laughing) when he saw her playing dolls clearly suggest she was still of under age at that time. Remember, according to various hadiths as explained by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, playing with dolls is Haram (forbidden) but were made available for Aisha because she has not reached the age of puberty. This seems to be the only rational submission to justify Prophet's “approval” (of laughing).

Wait a minute! Did the Hadith says “When the Messenger of Allah (s) arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar”? For a clear fact, expedition of Khaybar took place in the year 6 or 7 A. H while expedition of Tabuk took place in the year 8 or 9 A. H. Remember that our observation number 5 ii proved Aisha's age in the 4 A. H to be 9 years old; and that was when she claimed her marriage was consummated (when she became matured). In the year 6, 7, 8, 9 A. H (that Khaybar or Tabuk took place), we expected her age to have been 11, 12, 13 and 14 years respectively. What was she doing with dolls at these “matured” age brackets?

B. Imam Bukhari documents:

Yusuf ibn Malik narrated:
"...While I (Aisha) was a young girl of playing age, the following Verse was revealed in Mecca to Muhammad: 'Nay! But the Hour is their appointed time (for their full recompense), and the Hour will be more grievous and more bitter (54.46)..."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 4993
In-book reference : Book 66, Hadith 15
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 515
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/66/15

7. According to the above Hadith we gathered the following:

i. Aisha was a young girl of playing age

ii. She witnessed the revelation of Sura Qamar: 46 and understood it.

What was the Period of Revelation of sura al-Qamar? All Mufassirun (Qur’anic exegesists) agreed that:

The incident of the shaqq-al-Qamar (splitting of the moon) that hasbeen mentioned in it, determines its period of revelation precisely.The traditionists and commentators are agreed that this incident took place at Mina in Makkah about five years before the Holy Prophet's hijrah to Madinah
www.theonlyquran.com/quran/Al-Qamar/Maududi_Commentry

Imam al-Hafiz ibn Kathir also agreed that sura al-Qamar was a Makkan Surah:
www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=58&id=73&Itemid=110

If Aisha was a young girl (Jariya the Arabic word as used in the hadith) and fully aware of a particular ayah that was revealed in Makkah 5 years before the Prophet's migration to Madina, how on earth could she be 6 years old in 1 A. H playing with dolls when she allegedly married to the Prophet?

Aisha was born 4 years after the Prophet's mission started in Makkah. See: https://islamqa.info/en/122534

For a fact Prophet spent 13 years in Makkah AS A PROPHET. This is proven in the following Hadith:

* Prophet became a Prophet at the age of 40, (remained in Makkah for 10 years and) spent 10 years in Madina (Sahih al-Bukhari 3548, Book 61, Hadith 57, https://sunnah.com/bukhari/61/57, https://sunnah.com/bukhari/61/56) ; and died at the age of 63 years (Sahih al-Bukhari 3536, Book 61 Hadith 45, USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 4, Book 56, Hadith 736, https://sunnah.com/bukhari/61/45). That is 63 – 40 = 23. If he spent 10 years in Madina as a Prophet, then he truly spent 13 years in Makkah as a Prophet (contrary to same Hadith that claims he spent 10 years in Makkah as a Prophet).

So, Aisha was born 4 years after the Prophet's mission started. Therefore, 13 years (of Prophet's mission in Makkah) minus 4 years (that Aisha was born), makes Aisha 9 year old while she was still in Makkah. This clearly confirmed her claim that she was a YOUNG GIRL when sura al-Qamar (verse 46) was revealed.

Therefore, if Aisha was 9 year old a year before the migration of the Prophet to Makkah, then she was 10 years old when she married the Prophet in 1 A. H, and 13 years when the marriage was consummated in the 4 A.H.

8. Are we to conclude that Aisha was 13 years old when her marriage was consummated (contrary to 9 years she claimed)? Absolutely NO. We still left a big problem at the observation number 6 where Aisha claimed she was still playing with dolls in the 7 or 9 A.H. This blow the whole package of Aisha’s acclaimed age as LIES. However, the lenient correction the Islam's antagonists and Sahih Bukhari's worshippers could get is that Aisha was 13 years old and not 9 years when her marriage was consummated otherwise “her claiming to be playing with dolls in the 7 – 9 A.H” will be a huge thorn in their throat (which no doubt exposed frauds in the so-called sahih ahadith).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AlBaqir(m): 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
LAST POINT

The popular Salafiyyah website islamqa in trying to refute an author on the same topic of Aisha's age writes:

{[ This author also says:
“All the sources, without exception, say that she – i.e., Asma’ – was ten years older than ‘Aa’ishah.”

That is not the case.

Adh-Dhahabi said in Siyar A‘laam an-Nubala’ (3/522): Asma’ was more than ten years older than ‘Aa’ishah.” End
quote.

The Arabic phrase translated here as “more than ten” may refer to any number between thirteen and twenty.]}
https://islamqa.info/en/122534

OUR SUBMISSION
While this website islamqa laboured to defend the 6 and 9 years old attributed to Aishah at the time she married the Prophet, it is understandable the way the popular website tried to spoonfeed her readers to believe that one "Arabic phrase used" for "more than ten" may refer to numbers from 13 to 20.

Isn't it surprising?! Why starting at 13? Are 11 and 12 not also more than 10? And if we say "more than ten", 20 can never be part of it technically for being a fixed number as 10 itself. What we expect Islamqa website to do is to quote the so-called " Arabic phrase" with reference(s) rather than spoonfeeding her readers.

Let us quote from the very same book the website has quoted from:

Imam al-Dhahabi documents under the section of the biography of Asma bint Abubakr in his book "Siyar A‘laam an-Nubala":

ﻋﺒﺪ ﺍﻟﺮﺣﻤﻦ ﺑﻦ ﺃﺑﻲ ﺍﻟﺰﻧﺎﺩ : ﻛﺎﻧﺖ ﺃﺳﻤﺎﺀ ﺃﻛﺒﺮ ﻣﻦ ﻋﺎﺋﺸﺔ بعشر
Abdur-Rahman ibn az-Zanãd: Asma was older than Aisha by ten (years).

Then we also reads:
ﻗﺎﻝ ﺍﺑﻦ ﺳﻌﺪ : ﻣﺎﺗﺖ ﺑﻌﺪ ﺍﺑﻨﻬﺎ ﺑﻠﻴﺎﻝ . ﻭﻛﺎﻥ ﻗﺘﻠﻪ ﻟﺴﺒﻊ ﻋﺸﺮﺓ ﺧﻠﺖ ﻣﻦ ﺟﻤﺎﺩﻯ ﺍﻷﻭﻟﻰ ﺳﻨﺔ ﺛﻼﺙ ﻭﺳﺒﻌﻴﻦ . ‏[ ﺹ:296]

Ibn Sa'd said: She died after her son who was killed on 17 Jumada al-Ula in 73 AH".

Dhahabi also documents:
ﻭﺇﻧﻤﺎ ﻋﻨﻰ ﺃﺧﻲ ﺃﻥ ﻳﻘﺘﻞ ﻓﻴﺤﺰﻧﻬﺎ ﺫﻟﻚ .
ﻭﻛﺎﻧﺖ ﺑﻨﺖ ﻣﺎﺋﺔ ﺳﻨﺔ . ‏[ ﺹ: 294 ]

"... She was 100 years old (when she died)".
https://library.islamweb.net/newlibrary/display_book.php?idfrom=185&idto=185&bk_no=60&ID=153

PROBLEM
Obviously this is a deadly blow to the Islamqa website.

1. Asma bint Abubakr was 10 years older than her younger sister Aisha bint Abubakr (the wife of the Prophet)

2. Asma died at the age of 100 years in the year 73 A.H making her 27 years old in the year 1 A.H

3. If Asma was 27 years old in the year 1 A.H that Aisha married the Prophet, and she was 10 years older than Aisha, then Aisha was obviously a 17 years old lady (27 - 10 = 17). And if the marriage was consummated in the year 4 A.H, then Aisha was a full 20 year old woman.

This is the reality the Salafi website islamqa ran away from and decided to spoonfeed her readers with her desperation.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by iamgenius(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
AlBaqir:

6. For the Prophet not to have rebuked Aishah (and even laughing) when he saw her playing dolls clearly suggest she was still of under age at that time. Remember, according to various hadiths as explained by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, playing with dolls is Haram (forbidden) but were made available for Aisha because she has not reached the age of puberty. This seems to be the only rational submission to justify Prophet's “approval” (of laughing).

Wait a minute! Did the Hadith says “When the Messenger of Allah (s) arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar”? For a clear fact, expedition of Khaybar took place in the year 6 or 7 A. H while expedition of Tabuk took place in the year 8 or 9 A. H. Remember that our observation number 5 ii proved Aisha's age in the 4 A. H to be 9 years old; and that was when she claimed her marriage was consummated (when she became matured). In the year 6, 7, 8, 9 A. H (that Khaybar or Tabuk took place), we expected her age to have been 11, 12, 13 and 14 years respectively. What was she doing with dolls at these “matured” age brackets?

B. Imam Bukhari documents:

Yusuf ibn Malik narrated:
"...While I (Aisha) was a young girl of playing age, the following Verse was revealed in Mecca to Muhammad: 'Nay! But the Hour is their appointed time (for their full recompense), and the Hour will be more grievous and more bitter (54.46)..."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 4993
In-book reference : Book 66, Hadith 15
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 515
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/66/15

7. According to the above Hadith we gathered the following:

i. Aisha was a young girl of playing age

ii. She witnessed the revelation of Sura Qamar: 46 and understood it.

What was the Period of Revelation of sura al-Qamar? All Mufassirun (Qur’anic exegesists) agreed that:

The incident of the shaqq-al-Qamar (splitting of the moon) that hasbeen mentioned in it, determines its period of revelation precisely.The traditionists and commentators are agreed that this incident took place at Mina in Makkah about five years before the Holy Prophet's hijrah to Madinah
www.theonlyquran.com/quran/Al-Qamar/Maududi_Commentry

Imam al-Hafiz ibn Kathir also agreed that sura al-Qamar was a Makkan Surah:
www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=58&id=73&Itemid=110

If Aisha was a young girl (Jariya the Arabic word as used in the hadith) and fully aware of a particular ayah that was revealed in Makkah 5 years before the Prophet's migration to Madina, how on earth could she be 6 years old in 1 A. H playing with dolls when she allegedly married to the Prophet?

Aisha was born 4 years after the Prophet's mission started in Makkah. See: https://islamqa.info/en/122534

For a fact Prophet spent 13 years in Makkah AS A PROPHET. This is proven in the following Hadith:

* Prophet became a Prophet at the age of 40, (remained in Makkah for 10 years and) spent 10 years in Madina (Sahih al-Bukhari 3548, Book 61, Hadith 57, https://sunnah.com/bukhari/61/57, https://sunnah.com/bukhari/61/56) ; and died at the age of 63 years (Sahih al-Bukhari 3536, Book 61 Hadith 45, USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 4, Book 56, Hadith 736, https://sunnah.com/bukhari/61/45). That is 63 – 40 = 23. If he spent 10 years in Madina as a Prophet, then he truly spent 13 years in Makkah as a Prophet (contrary to same Hadith that claims he spent 10 years in Makkah as a Prophet).

So, Aisha was born 4 years after the Prophet's mission started. Therefore, 13 years (of Prophet's mission in Makkah) minus 4 years (that Aisha was born), makes Aisha 9 year old while she was still in Makkah. This clearly confirmed her claim that she was a YOUNG GIRL when sura al-Qamar (verse 46) was revealed.

Therefore, if Aisha was 9 year old a year before the migration of the Prophet to Makkah, then she was 10 years old when she married the Prophet in 1 A. H, and 13 years when the marriage was consummated in the 4 A.H.

8. Are we to conclude that Aisha was 13 years old when her marriage was consummated (contrary to 9 years she claimed)? Absolutely NO. We still left a big problem at the observation number 6 where Aisha claimed she was still playing with dolls in the 7 or 9 A.H. This blow the whole package of Aisha’s acclaimed age as LIES. However, the lenient correction the Islam's antagonists and Sahih Bukhari's worshippers could get is that Aisha was 13 years old and not 9 years when her marriage was consummated otherwise “her claiming to be playing with dolls in the 7 – 9 A.H” will be a huge thorn in their throat (which no doubt exposed frauds in the so-called sahih ahadith).
Raafidhi, why are you lieing nah? The Prophet (peace be upon him) did the marriage contract with the mother of the believers at the age of 6, and consummated it at the age of 9. Simple as that. Stop your lies, okay. We Muslims don't care about what the non Muslims say, remember you and the OP are the same.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AlBaqir(m): 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
iamgenius:
Raafidhi, why are you lieing nah? The Prophet (peace be upon him) did the marriage contract with the mother of the believers at the age of 6, and consummated it at the age of 9. Simple as that. Stop your lies, okay. We Muslims don't care about what the non Muslims say, remember you and the OP are the same.

# You have the right to point out and expose the Rafidhi lies otherwise you will continue to sound like fo0l.

# This isn't about "we dont care what the non-muslim says", its about flaws in documentation of 100s of years yet believed to be sacred. That's silly and unacademic in this 21st century.

* Don't be silly. Read our submission, and attempt it academically if you can.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AlBaqir(m): 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
sorextee:
Let's all forget what has happened in the past. My problem is with those who are still practising it in d core north. Eg, katsina, kano, etc.. They will marry their daughter off at an early age, as a means of settling debts. The useless and uneducated alhaji will still force his way into her. Some of dem suffer complications in d long run, which may result in their death.

At d end of d day, the foolish man will open his dirty mouth an...

# I agree with your thought provoking comments except @underline. Reading my submissions carefully will reveal to you the reasons why.

* All in all, you have an excellent comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by iamgenius(m): 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
AlBaqir:

# You have the right to point out and expose the Rafidhi lies otherwise you will continue to sound like fo0l.

# This isn't about "we dont care what the non-muslim says", its about flaws in documentation of 100s of years yet believed to be sacred. That's silly and unacademic in this 21st century.

* Don't be silly. Read our submission, and attempt it academically if you can.
Shebi na you, you are not different from a Christian if we quote a verse of the Quran to them, they'll find fault in it. You always find faults in Saheed Bukhari, continue. I can't waste my time with you.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AlBaqir(m): 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
iamgenius:

Shebi na you, you are not different from a Christian if we quote a verse of the Quran to them, they'll find fault in it. You always find faults in Saheed Bukhari, continue. I can't waste my time with you.

# Haven't you read the Qur'an? Allah says:

"Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy" sura Nisa: 84

That's a great acid test for any religious book claiming to be from God or spokesman of God. If Quran can call for that astute challenge, what is sahih Bukhari written 100+ years after Nabi?

# And yeah, we have submitted our expositions of sahih Bukhari, you can save "weak souls" by refuting our submissions. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by sorextee(m): 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
Well, im not a Muslim, and I was not there, during those era. So I cant judge or have any say in that. that was why I said we shld forget all that has happened in the past and focus on the present happenings..
We cant start bashing our heads and killing one another, over an era long gone.. I just wish my Muslim brethren in d north should open their eyes and embrace civilization.. And let dem be as tolerant as their folks in d south.

There's this naval officer in my estate, always saying negative things about Christians. When he sees me or my friends passing, he increases his voice..
We do ignore him, he will go about saying "look at them, they cant say anything cos they know im saying the truth" undecided that thing is very annoying but unto say if we talk now, they go comot knife say we insult their prophet.. No be say we sef no get bad mouth too. But we maintain our cool cos of maturity, ND we want peace.
Live and let live.
Salam. smiley

AlBaqir:

# I agree with your thought provoking comments except @underline. Reading my submissions carefully will reveal to you the reasons why.

* All in all, you have an excellent comment.

2 Likes

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by iamgenius(m): 10:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Haven't you read the Qur'an? Allah says:

"Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy" sura Nisa: 84

That's a great acid test for any religious book claiming to be from God or spokesman of God. If Quran can call for that astute challenge, what is sahih Bukhari written 100+ years after Nabi?

# And yeah, we have submitted our expositions of sahih Bukhari, you can save "weak souls" by refuting our submissions. grin grin
Weak souls? My foot! Whose soul is weaker and even dead than that of a Raafidhi.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AlBaqir(m): 4:26am On Oct 23, 2017
iamgenius:
Weak souls? My foot! Whose soul is weaker and even dead than that of a Raafidhi.

# grin grin We implored you to leave the "weaker and even dead" Raafidhi, and defend your daeef Bukhari. I thought your alias says, "iamgenius" grin
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AlBaqir(m): 4:40am On Oct 23, 2017
sorextee:
Well, im not a Muslim, and I was not there, during those era. So I cant judge or have any say in that. that was why I said we shld forget all that has happened in the past and focus on the present happenings..

# The point is that every Muslim wish to follow and imitate the Prophet in his daily life activities. In fact, it is an order to do so from Qur'anic perspective. However, before you follow, you have to extra scrutinise things the Muslim historians and Hadith collectors wrote about him, 100s of years after his demise. There are too much lies and fabrications tagged as authentic about him that gullible Muslims follow without questioning as if Prophet's signatures are on those reports.

# Do you remember the idiot former governor of Zamfara state, Sanni Yerima? During his first term at the senates, he opposed the 18 year old fixed limit for marriage of women. His silly stupid claim on the senate floor then was that the Prophet of Islam married Aisha at the age of six. The idiot went ahead to Egypt to marry a 12 years old Egyptian as his 3rd wife paying 1000s of dollars as bride price.

sorextee:

There's this naval officer in my estate, always saying negative things about Christians. When he sees me or my friends passing, he increases his voice..
We do ignore him, he will go about saying "look at them, they cant say anything cos they know im saying the truth" undecided that thing is very annoying but unto say if we talk now, they go comot knife say we insult their prophet.. No be say we sef no get bad mouth too. But we maintain our cool cos of maturity, ND we want peace.
Live and let live.
Salam. smiley

# That's nothing but intolerance and fanaticism. Watch your back and be careful.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by Empiree: 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
Indeed, Islam doesn't regulates SPECIFIC age of MARRIAGE. It is only propuberty. In ideal Islamic environment, a Muslim would wanna protect their daughter from fvckboys. In line with Islamic standard, they marry their daughter within or after her third period cycle. This is what Islam recognizes not age 18 as modern world forced down our throat.

What i disagree with is marrying off their daughter with the condition of settling debt as sorextee noted. That's disgusting and unislamic. I'm not aware of this until now.

However, non-Muslims have absolutely no right to condemn those who chose to marry their daughter off early. Unless we wanna be hypocritical, we see what's going on now with ladies at universities. We see with our own eyes the emergence of "baby father, baby mama". We all know what that means. Go to us of a, these young girls under 18 and over 18 selling themselves online. Which is better? . To let your daughter marry early or to have her sellig herself every night to different men?. They actually call this a job. "I Love What I Do" is their slogan for PAY AS YOU GO shocked

Unltil they have solution to their madness they do not have the right to condemn what they called "underage marriage".

Of course a Muslim parent who gives their daughter in marriage should observe her maturity before doing so. All these girls online selling themselves are matured enough to sleep around but are not matured to get married? . I find that silly. Why is telling them to marry is a difficult task?

2 Likes

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by sorextee(m): 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
truly, they give their daughters out, as a means of settling debt. if you maybe one day stumble on the core part of the north(i mean the villages), u can ask around.
im from the north so im talking based on experience. my issue with marrying a girl at an early age cuts across all tribe, religion, etc. my emphasis is on the health implications on the girl. i served in katsina, in a remote village sef. and i saw so many things... let me summarize one experience. they tied the girl's laps(each leg), till her laps swole up, before the man could penetrate. the girl was just 11.
so as a muslim/xtian/atheist or whatever u worship, how would u feel?
lets not use religion as an umbrella, to push our little girls out to these heartless alhajis in the north.

Empiree:
Indeed, Islam doesn't regulates SPECIFIC age of MARRIAGE. It is only propuberty. In ideal Islamic environment, a Muslim would wanna protect their daughter from fvckboys. In line with Islamic standard, they marry their daughter within or after her third period cycle. This is what Islam recognizes not age 18 as modern world forced down our throat.

What i disagree with is marrying off their daughter with the condition of settling debt as sorextee noted. That's disgusting and unislamic. I'm not aware of this until now.

However, non-Muslims have absolutely no right to condemn those who chose to marry their daughter off early. Unless we wanna be hypocritical, we see what's going on now with ladies at universities. We see with our own eyes the emergence of "baby father, baby mama". We all know what that means. Go to us of a, these young girls under 18 and over 18 selling themselves online. Which is better? . To let your daughter marry early or to have her sellig herself every night to different men?. They actually call this a job. "I Love What I Do" is their slogan for PAY AS YOU GO shocked

Unltil they have solution to their madness they do not have the right to condemn what they called "underage marriage".

Of course a Muslim parent who gives their daughter in marriage should observe her maturity before doing so. All these girls online selling themselves are matured enough to sleep around but are not matured to get married? . I find that silly. Why is telling them to marry is a difficult task?
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by AlBaqir(m): 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
sorextee:
let me summarize one experience. they tied the girl's laps(each leg), till her laps swole up, before the man could penetrate. the girl was just 11.
lets not use religion as an umbrella, to push our little girls out to these heartless alhajis in the north.

# Subhan'allah!!! That's nothing but DIRTY EVIL.
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by Empiree: 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2017
sorextee:
truly, they give their daughters out, as a means of settling debt. if you maybe one day stumble on the core part of the north(i mean the villages), u can ask around.
im from the north so im talking based on experience. my issue with marrying a girl at an early age cuts across all tribe, religion, etc. my emphasis is on the health implications on the girl. i served in katsina, in a remote village sef. and i saw so many things... let me summarize one experience. they tied the girl's laps(each leg), till her laps swole up, before the man could penetrate. the girl was just 11.

I dont dispute @bold. It is wickedness to do that. Islam does not sanction that.

As for the rest of your post, OBVIOUSLY, that's forcing a girl against her will. That's rape case not marriage CONSENT or NOT. Any sensible human will see wickedness in this. This is not sanctioned either and this is not what islam is talking about. So i am not using religion to cover for them. what those people did was a crime that needed to be reported to appropriate authority. There is no FORCED MARRIAGE in islam. What is allowed is arranged marriage and both parties must be willing. Understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by sorextee(m): 6:00pm On Oct 23, 2017
Yes I grab. But me I still feel say arrangee marriage still looks like a forced marriage to me sha(tho indirectly).
Is d girl in love with the Man? Or she obeyed cos she cant go agsinst her father's wish..

Empiree:
I dont dispute @bold. It is wickedness to do that. Islam does not sanction that.

As for the rest of your post, OBVIOUSLY, that's forcing a girl against her will. That's rape case not marriage CONSENT or NOT. Any sensible human will see wickedness in this. This is not sanctioned either and this is not what islam is talking about. So i am not using religion to cover for them. what those people did was a crime that needed to be reported to appropriate authority. There is no FORCED MARRIAGE in islam. What is allowed is arranged marriage and both parties must be willing. Understand?
Re: Was Aisha Actually Not Six When She Got Married To Muhammad??? by Empiree: 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
sorextee:
Yes I grab. But me I still feel say arrangee marriage still looks like a forced marriage to me sha(tho indirectly).
Is d girl in love with the Man? Or she obeyed cos she cant go agsinst her father's wish..

It is simple. Arrange marriage is everywhere including WESTERN WORLD. Every one of them do it by style. They are just being hypocritical by focusing on islam/muslims.

(1) (Reply)

Ithikaf ? / Wahhabis/Salafists Set Ablaze Burial Site Of Another Companion in Jordan / Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.