Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! (881 Views)

Moldova President's Dog Bites Austria President's Hand During Visit (Photos) / Meet The 31-year-old Conservative Poised To Become Austria's New Chancellor / Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Axelrod(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!!

Austria has made history by electing the world's youngest leader who is 31 years old, Sebastian Kurz.

Before the election, he was the country's foreign minister. He became minister for integration at age 24; three years later, at age 27, he was named foreign minister.

He was introduced on the international stage at the United Nations General Assembly meeting in 2014. He took the podium that year, at age 28 at the time, and relished in both his age and the improbability of his position. “I believe I’m the only person under the age of 30 who has the privilege of speaking this week,” he told the UNGA, to a round of applause.

The bar has been raised in Austria that elected a 31 year old man as its leader. You will recall that France just recently elected a 39year old Emmanuel Macron as President.

Should we expect such a change in Nigeria come 2019? Only time will tell.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Seun this is front page worthy, kindly do the needful please.

https://qz.com/1102887/sebastian-kurz-the-new-chancellor-of-austria-will-be-europes-youngest-leader-at-31-years-old/

1 Like

Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by madridguy(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2017
This is commendable. We the youth of this country must rise up now and take back our country. From France to Kenya and now Austria.

#NigeriaYouthMustRise

2 Likes

Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by majamajic(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2017
wow
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Axelrod(m): 9:04am On Oct 22, 2017
I think culture has, to some extent, played a pivotal role in this political apathy by the African Youths.

We were trained never to argue with our elders. And were made to believe elders are infallible; they don't lie, all their actions, whether wrong or right are right, they know what is best and do same always.

Much as these fallacies are not entirely responsible for us not ''dragging'' power with the ''elders'', I still fell they contribute to it.

Imagine a 30year Yoruba youth looking Otumba Gbenga Daniel or Olusegun Mimiko in the face and challenge them, he will be instantly labelled ''disrespectful. And it will form the basis for his campaign.

1 Like

Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Kyase(m): 9:05am On Oct 22, 2017
I still dey wait to see nonsense comments

1 Like

Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Axelrod(m): 9:07am On Oct 22, 2017
madridguy:
tongue

Caught in the act! Space bookers.
Oya, come and post your usual defence for Baba go slow grin grin grin

Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by OfficialAwol(m): 9:08am On Oct 22, 2017
Nigerians say they want to have mercy on Atiku and let him taste the presidency before he becomes too old to run.

I think one woman is cooking our national destiny in an Indian Pot.
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by efighter: 9:08am On Oct 22, 2017
31 years old Nigerians are still doing yahoo yahoo. Others are political thugs.
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Axelrod(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2017
Kyase:
I still dey wait to see nonsense comments

Hahahahaha. Is your anticipation in support or against young leaders?
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by madridguy(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2017
Far better than defending Baba corruption. Going slowly and steady is far better than not going at all.

Axelrod:

Caught in the act! Space bookers.
Oya, come and post your usual defence for Baba go slow grin grin grin
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by ibibiofirstlady(f): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2017
It can never happen in Nigeria... the system is skewed against the common man.
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Kyase(m): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2017
Axelrod:

Hahahahaha. Is your anticipation in support or against young leaders?
both
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Axelrod(m): 9:13am On Oct 22, 2017
OfficialAwol:
Nigerians say they want to have mercy on Atiku and let him taste the presidency before he becomes too old to run.

I think one woman is cooking our national destiny in an Indian Pot.

Funny.
See our responses! Instead of being motivated, we resort to believing that someone is actually responsible for our political apathy!
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Axelrod(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2017
madridguy:
Far better than defending Baba corruption. Going slowly and steady is far better than not going at all.

In your definition of ''going slowly and steadily'' the current administration is inline I guess!

Anyway, I know your (BMC's) tricks, you want to derail the topic of discussion. But Sir, steer clear!
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by madridguy(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2017
You started it bros grin

Axelrod:

In your definition of ''going slowly and steadily'' the current administration is inline I guess!

Anyway, I know your (BMC's) tricks, you want to derail the topic of discussion. But Sir, steer clear!
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Axelrod(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2017
ibibiofirstlady:
It can never happen in Nigeria... the system is skewed against the common man.

Wow dear! That's a submission of a man that has given up.
It happened in Kenya remember? John Paul Mwirigi defeated a seating Deputy Governor to take a seat in the Kenyan parliament.

Don't lose hope.
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Axelrod(m): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2017
madridguy:
You started it bros grin

No vex bros!

But may I ask you Sir; what is your honest stance about the issue of a youthful President in Nigeria, say, 2019?
Will you support a youth against President Muhammadu Buhari if you find a credible one?
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by madridguy(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2017
Insha Allah I will support any independent candidate not above 45 years old, not a stooge to any political godfather, not from PDP or APC in 2019. We need fresh blood and new faces that will move us forward.

Axelrod:

No vex bros!

But may I ask you Sir; what is your honest stance about the issue of a youthful President in Nigeria, say, 2019?
Will you support a youth against President Muhammadu Buhari if you find a credible one?

1 Like

Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by Axelrod(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2017
madridguy:
Insha Allah I will support any independent candidate not above 45 years old, not a stooge to any political godfather, not from PDP or APC in 2019. We need fresh blood and new faces that will move us forward.

I will bookmark this comment
Re: Behold The 31 Year Old Chancellor Of Austria!! by mayberry1(f): 11:44am On Oct 22, 2017
Wow nice! Our leaders are ever ready to clinch to power for the next 30 years. Either they are active politically or passive(doing underground work for any candidate of their choice). The truth is, even if we let youths take top positions in government there would be an old bully trying to make the individual do his bidding.

(1) (Reply)

Condoms, Milk, Bread And Sardine As Item Shared During Campaign In Cameroon / America is Losing Global Influence - The Atlantic / The World's Poorest President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.