Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? (2484 Views)

Is Nnamdi Kanu Preparing For War? See The Armored Tank He Poses With .PHOTOS / Nnamdi Kanu Replies Justice Binta Nyako Suggesting Prison To Be Safest For Him / Is Nnamdi Kanu And Trump Right? Jubril Appears Younger Than 'Lifeless' Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 9:20am On Oct 22, 2017
So where is Olisa Agbakoba? So, where is Femi Falana, the tireless campaigner for our human rights? The “inheritor” of the distinguished mantle of the irrepressible icon of the defence of citizens right and conscience of the nation, the late Gani Fawehinmi?

This moment is when Gani is sorely missed. This was his signature moment, when he would rise fearlessly, and confront the Nigeriangovernment and its armada of forces, and compel them to produce, dead or alive, the body of the missing IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu.

Gani would be unstoppable. He would go to theends of the legal earth, and he would file tons of briefs, until it becomes a public issue of the sort that would make even a deaf regime hearken. But Gani is no more. And Chima Ubani– that tireless organizer too. The Nigerian space for critical organizing seems empty and limited with the gaping absence of those two. But where are the new kids on the block? Did public advocacy end with one generation?

Are Nigerians now suffering from “human-rights fatigue?” I hope surely not. Because we need to raise this important question and we need the answers from the Buhari administration, and the security services: where the hell is Nnamdi Kanu? This question is urgent for two reasons: one, an opponent of government cannot just disappear without trace, and without accounting.

Once we permit that, and ignore the important questions, then the lives of every Nigerian citizen, particularly those of journalists, opposition lawyers, human rights advocates, political opposition of any hue, and simply put, any citizen of this nation who is presumed evenwithout a scintilla of cause, to be an “opponent of government” is potential candidate for disappearance. Governments are powerful institutions. They have resources of persuasionand violence.

Because governments have such unlimited resources, civilized societies place a chain on their waists to tug them back from excessive use of these instruments of state terror; because such instruments can be misused, and once it becomes routine to deploy excessive coercive methods, we slip into normlessness and fear and tyranny.

As citizens we come to recognize that we are now “acted upon” and no longer conscious agents of our own. We begin to fear for our lives and our loss of agency. Fear breeds its own response: one, it drives people to acts of brinkmanship.

Two, it seeks vengeance. Three it deregulates violence, and the greatest victims are those in society who are unable to arm themselves in their own self-defence. It is therefore in the general interest of society to make certain that governments to do not acquire, or appropriate, or utilize the power, outside of the law, to makeits opponents “disappear.”

The second reason we must ask this government about the whereabouts of NnamdiKanu is because it has an obligation to Nigerians to explain, and give a concrete senseof what to expect with Kanu. Kanu is the leaderof a movement of secession. The government has tagged that movement, and Kanu himself a “terrorist.”

Many people have of course pointed out to the Nigerian government that this is not quite so. To tag IPOB a terrorist organization, is to reduce the entire meaning of nation to a joke.

The government might just as well declare the APC the only legal political party, and other parties, including the PDP which conceded government to it following an election defeat, aterrorist organization, simply because its aim now is to rouse a crowd to “overthrow the APC government” even if by the use of democratic means – the electoral votes.

We have pointed out serially that the evidence before us, until the government produces stronger, countervailing facts, shows that IPOB very clearly makes the case for separation and secession, but through the use of a plebiscitoryprocess, and not by arms.

That it in fact publicly disavows the use of arms. The Buhari administration first arrested Nnamdi Kanu on the claims that he wished to commit treason; they held him in detention, and brought him to court. The Federal High court granted him a bail and upheld that the Federal government did not have the powers tohold him indefinitely in detention.

The courts released him on a bail, took suretiesfrom the ranking senator from Abia, Senator Enyinnia Abaribe and a Jewish Rabbi, and sent Nnamdi Kanu home with a gag. But the gag rule was an unjust and unenforceable rule.It basically tied Kanu’s hands backwards, and gaged his mouth, and sent him home, with a pre-condition that limited his rights of movement by confining him to a small radius ofhis home in Afara-Ukwu Umuahia. He did break his conditions, but the courts did not order his re-arrest.It just so happened that on September 14, the Buhari administration authorized the use of force to contain Kanu and his movement. Using the coverage of a military operation, the “Operation Python Dance” in the South East, the Nigerian military attacked Nnamdi Kanu’s home in Afara-Ukwu Umuahia. At home during the bombardment that day were Nnamdi Kanu’s parents, none of whom have since been seen alive. No one has heard from them.

Nobody as yet knows whether they were killed in the attack, or whether they just simply escaped. They have denied custody of either Nnamdi Kanu’s parents or Nnamdi Kanu himself since the attack. However, on September 18, the IPOB released a statement claiming that the Nigerian military may have killed Nnamdi Kanu and his parents in that operation, and may have seized their bodies.

This is very serious allegation. But it is increasingly necessary to ask this question about what government knows about the whereabouts of Nnamdi Kanu. His silence, since the attack, and the silence of his parents is getting ominous and suspicious, and thickening the conspiracy that the military may have allegedly killed them and burnt their bodies.

Government sources have since denied this, but have refused to make further clarifications on this question. Mr. Orji Uzo Kalu, a former governor of Abia state did come out, it was reported, to say that Nnamdi Kanu had escaped to London, by way of Asia.He has since denied making this claim, especially since the UK government had raised the question, themselves, of the whereabouts of Nnamdi Kanu. This past week, the courts convened to try Nnamdi Kanu in absentia.It all felt like hollow ritual, as though the government was embarked on a wink-wink gimmick, and the larger absurdism of such gimmickry was when Justice Binta Nyako, summoned Senator Abaribe and those who had stood sureties for Kanu to court, to produce him or lose their deposits or worse. Now, the question that I thought should be raised before the court is, whether Abaribe and co, still had a responsibility to the court, if the subject of the litigation was attacked, disappeared, or even forced to flee, were it to be the case, by the same government trying him, thus putting his bailers in jeopardy.

It is incumbent on Abaribe and his lawyers to force the Federal government to account exactly for Nnamdi Kanu. He cannot just disappear without trace. Even if Nnamdi Kanu escaped, Nigeria has an Intelligence services which ought by now to know the foot marks of that escape, and to where, and would by now have placed a tag on Kanu and his whereabouts.

That is, suppose, in fact he escaped. But there is no evidence that Kanu escaped or left the country either alone or with his parents. It is a troubling question, and the IPOB has said that itwould give the government a minimum time within which to produce Kanu or his body, after which they’d embark on a series of direct retaliatory actions, starting with the governors of the East who allegedly invited the soldiers, as they alleged, to kill their leader. This is very dangerous development. And this is not a time to say “wanka” and leave it at that.

If the IPOB is forced to arms, this government would have opened a very dangerous front the end of which no one can legitimately foresee. Where is Nnamdi Kanu? The governors of the East and President Buhari must give us answers, and quickly too.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/where-is-nnamdi-kanu/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C980850870

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2017
it's time we ask ourselves this question.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 9:40am On Oct 22, 2017
the FG knows where nnamdi kanu is.

Obiano knows where nnamdi kanu is,

it is an insult to connive with the FG and the army to take out nnamdi kanu, then contest election with APC for governorship slot. when they all know what you did. and how are you going to win.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2017
Dont call femi falana and agbakoba human right advocators.They are career lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by kurupt1: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2017
Sincerely,I think Nnamdi KANU has been killed and secretly buried because an outspoken man like Nnamdi can't be quiet for this long.The Nigerian army surrounded his home and shot him.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2017
why would people go and protest in the UK embassy telling UK to bring back nnamdi kanu.

don't they know the UK has intelligence too that is greater than Nigeria's by far.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by omenka(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2017
Some people don't seem to understand something.

The truth is, if anything was wrong with him, even if it were just an injury, the wife wouldn't have been as quiet as she is.

His brother who happens to be ipob spokesman, would have been releasing statements about concerns about his safety and whereabouts rather than talking about Anambra election boycott.

Don't you get it?

The dude is fine wherever he is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2017
this is a video of what happened in Abia

[flash=425,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRnJhrqQ71M?a[/flash]
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 10:01am On Oct 22, 2017
we all need to ask ourselves questions.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2017
the reason why his court case was adjourned to November 20 is to test the anambra people to know if they will fall for the no election by Igbos.

Will election hold in anambra.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2017
are the anambra going to let this opportunity slip them by.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by Lordave: 10:21am On Oct 22, 2017
We are better of this way without him.

If he had vigorously campaigned for restructuring rather than secession and ethnic antagonism, I would have made sure I attended every rally he held in that regard. But onwu na egbu nwa nkita anaghi ekwe ya ñuru isi nsi.

I don't wish him death, though I hope he comes back refined.

6 Likes

Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2017
so does it mean you can't ask questions anymore
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2017
so does it mean you can't ask questions anymore

where is nnamdi kanu.?
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
where is he?
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by Ola17: 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lordave:

If he had vigorously campaigned for restructuring rather than secession and ethnic antagonism, I would have made sure I attended every rally he held in that regard. But onwu na egbu nwa nkita anaghi ekwe ya ñuru isi nsi.

You don't seem to get the message the writer is trying to pass across. I don't like kanu's methods too, but this is the time we put away emotions and sentiments and ask some critical questions.

With this precedence set, the government can easily label the OPC a terrorist organization if they (OPC) rises in defense of my community in the event of Fulani herdsmen attack and the next Gani will disappear angry
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lordave:

you are better off. hmm.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by MasterKim: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
Igbos sabi run ehn grin
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by Throwback: 6:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
MasterKim:
Igbos sabi run ehn grin

E be like say you don forget the Ezinwa brothers Davidson and Osmond wey dey run for Nigeria in the '90s before they were both banned for doping offences. Or Francis Obikwelu wey run go Portugal because of money.

No try Igbo for running ooo. No try Igbo for drugs. No try Igbos for money hustle.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by DeistSlayer: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lordave:

structure dey set, you na change it with ballet polls, not in ₦aija

Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is under house arrest, held by the Eastern Governors with full approval of the federal government at an undisclosed location. As a Nairaland source says : "he is at a governor's house with his father and mother, held in house arrest, without any communication gadget. He has cooks, helpers and surrounded 24/7 by over 20 military men"
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by hollah123: 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
kurupt1:
Sincerely,I think Nnamdi KANU has been killed and secretly buried because an outspoken man like Nnamdi can't be quiet for this long.The Nigerian army surrounded his home and shot him.
he has been killed n buried n his wife is not saying anything, was he killed with his entire family? go n ask Nnamdi kanu brother where he is because a day after NK was declared missing his brother had an interview with a t. v station n when asked about the whereabouts of his brother he said he can't tell them that because many people want him dead n few days later he also came out n said if he has been killed they should release his corpse. can u see how contradictory those words are? it's obvious his brother has some questions to answer.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by mekaboy(m): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kanu has been settled. He probably enjoying with his fellow scammers in one beach resort somewhere, sipping on cocktail.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 9:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
mekaboy:
Kanu has been settled. He probably enjoying with his fellow scammers in one beach resort somewhere, sipping on cocktail.

funny guy
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
liberalsinnerx:
Nnamdi Kanu is under house arrest, held by the Eastern Governors with full approval of the federal government at an undisclosed location. As a Nairaland source says : "he is at a governor's house with his father and mother, held in house arrest, without any communication gadget. He has cooks, helpers and surrounded 24/7 by over 20 military men"

hmmm
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
where is nnamdi kanu?
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
where is the NBA?
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by Guestlander: 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ola17:

You don't seem to get the message the writer is trying to pass across. I don't like kanu's methods too, but this is the time we put away emotions and sentiments and ask some critical questions.

With this precedence set, the government can easily label the OPC a terrorist organization if they (OPC) rises in defense of my community in the event of Fulani herdsmen attack and the next Gani will disappear angry

With all due respect where was the writer of this article when Nnamdi was vowing to set Nigeria on fire and bring the head of the president back to his village.
Let nobody tag Yoruba along anymore, the silence of the Yorubas regarding Kanu's matter is very instructive, it appears they don't care. Personally I do not care.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by bloodmoneyspita: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Guestlander:

With all due respect where was the writer of this article when Nnamdi was vowing to set Nigeria on fire and bring the head of the president back to his village.
Let nobody tag Yoruba along anymore, the silence of the Yorubas regarding Kanu's matter is very instructive, it appears they don't care. Personally I do not care.

where is nnamdi kanu?
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by Guestlander: 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
bloodmoneyspita:

where is nnamdi kanu?

The python ate him after the tango.
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
When a pig and a Python have a dance together more often than not the pig ends up in the python's belly. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Re: Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
God punish all biafrans

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are These Gentlemen Laughing? Best Answer Wins. / 2015 Election: How Did PDP And APC Fare In South West / Tension As Rochas Loots Imo Dry & Stole All The Chairs At Conference Cente- pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.