Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Leave Seun Abeg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Seun Abeg (1431 Views)

Biafrans,enough Of This Boasting Abeg! / Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan / Enough Of This Obama Abeg This Is Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2010
Haba My fellow Nairalanders, every place, country and even forum has rules and regulations. nairaland is one of the places where any body can come and spit any rubbish because nobody knows who you are. If this were a forum where our identities were known I can bet my 3 months salary that most of the People here shouting and screaming Break Up, Violence and blood shed would not have quarter of the Courage they are using to type and spew all the stuff u see on Nairaland.
Seun However is known and can be traced by security forces, its his website and he would suffer the most if this site is shutdown, we would simply make nosie as usual and move on to the next alternative, He on the other hand would loose his invstemants and what he has spent his time money and ennergy to build.
There has to be some control and regulation, We are not animals, we should live by law and have some guide lines.
I am in no way holding brief for Seun because we have had our issues in the past but i respect his need to preserve and keep the sanity of a forum he struggled to build. You may not understand his position till you use all your money, time and energy to build something. Enough of all the Seun Bashing Thread, Lets move forward please. Lets be sensible and respect what this website stands for A NIGERIAN WEBSITE, all those wanting to break up can go and thier New Countries website and do as they please
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2010
OK!!!!!!

Will not be suprised to see a new moderator called Aisha2 soon grin grin
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by nduchucks: 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2010
@aisha2, I agree with your sentiments.  These people need to stop tempting the owner to start charging them N10,000 each to register before they can post - that will make the owner an instant billionaire if most of the people currently registered decide to pay.  They don't realize how much financial sacrifise the owner has made to provide this environment.

Even if a quarter of them pay up, the owner could take the money and retire for good and let the rascals control the site -  they will surely destroy the site themselves while the owner would just open another site. awon olodo  cheesy
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by ElRazur: 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2010
mikeansy:

OK!!!!!!

Will not be suprised to see a new moderator called Aisha2 soon  grin grin

Gbam.

It is disgusting isn't? Imagine someone like Kosovo - not a surprise - making a sticky just to lick Seun's backside. Jeez.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Tudor6(f): 7:00pm On Mar 14, 2010
@ndu_chucks

NOBODY and I repeat NOBODY will EVER pay a dime to be a member of Nairaland. . . . Its just NOT POSSIBLE
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 14, 2010
Tudór:

@ndu_chucks

NOBODY and I repeat NOBODY will EVER pay a dime to be a member of Nairaland. . . . Its just NOT POSSIBLE

make dem go ask punch how far?

ElRazur:

Gbam.

It is disgusting isn't? Imagine someone like Kosovo - not a surprise - making a sticky just to lick Seun's backside. Jeez.

Please don't take my post too seriously, I was only joking with Aisha
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by biina: 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2010
You guys make it sound like NL is the only forum in the world. Seun acted wrongly, and he should have simply apologized. Even if he felt the polls were 'inappropriate', the right thing to do was to request the OP make the changes and give reasons why. All this BS spewing and BAK by some to try and justify his actions is simply nauseous.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by kidonig: 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2010
This thread is still on because it is pro Seun. I bet the Aisha2 here may be another id for Seun or one of the moderators and I am not fooled by the female gender of the poster.

I do agree that we should let things rest but it is sad that the aftermath of all this is the loss of credibility of the forum which may buttress the saying "Can any good thing come out of Nigeria"
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2010
kidonig:

This thread is still on because it is pro Seun. I bet the Aisha2 here may be another id for Seun or one of the moderators and I am not fooled by the female gender of the poster.

I do agree that we should let things rest but it is sad that the aftermath of all this is the loss of credibility of the forum which may buttress the saying "Can any good thing come out of Nigeria"
Haba they are like 5 threads Seun is a Dictor, Seun why did you cahnge my topic etc all still on running into pages.
I am not siding Seun am just reasoning like someone who knows how hard it is to build something from nothing and who knows the need for order and what choas can cause.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by DrKitaun(m): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2010
Seun banned me over 10 times in d past, THE HEAVENS DIDNT FALL!

Nairaland is bigger than Seun already, I stopped having issues with him when I found out NL had become the numero uno website in NAIJA, dont u guys wonder how he's seen hell even in d hands of d agents of d law?

The Seun wey una dey talk na psycho LOL!
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Oba234: 7:23pm On Mar 14, 2010
one way to to leave Seun alone is to stop with the topics. Just let the topic die.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 14, 2010
Me thinks Aisha has a point but Seun's domineering nature/attitude doesnt help one bit.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by bgees(m): 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2010
OMO IBO:

Me thinks Aisha has a point but Seun's domineering nature/attitude doesnt help one bit.

he might have a domineering attitude, but he was right on this one.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by H2O2: 7:30pm On Mar 14, 2010
All hail the president of the Federal Republic of Nairaland.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 14, 2010
OMO IBO:

We all have our issues dear but the issue is that Seun has a website to protect, we as members have little at stake, thats why a ot of us can spit venom here and go to sleep, but he has to deal with the issues we wirte here that raise security cocerns
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by bgees(m): 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2010
aisha2:

We all have our issues dear but the issue is that Seun has a website to protect, we as members have little at stake, thats why a ot of us can spit venom here and go to sleep, but he has to deal with the issues we wirte here that raise security cocerns

I'm surprised some people can't see that. In a country where Bloggers have detained by the SSS.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by DrKitaun(m): 7:38pm On Mar 14, 2010
Domineering attitude?

On a forum of probably aliens or faceless peeps?
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 14, 2010
bgees:

I'm surprised some people can't see that. In a country where Bloggers have detained by the SSS.
They wont because no one knows their real identity on nairaland, Most of them are to afraid to come out for a common protest march even in Lodon and US, they will say police will kill them yet there are the same once calling for war, will they fight the war?
They come here and make all sorts of statements, I dare them to make such statements on facebook where they are known and can be traced
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 14, 2010
Aisha re u a campaign officer for seun?
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2010
Think ass kissing is fast becoming a part of our lives in Nigeria.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 14, 2010
toba:

Aisha re u a campaign officer for seun?
What again is Seun Campaigning for? The last time i checked he owns the site which he built from scratch
Xavier.:

Think backside kissing is fast becoming a part of our lives in Nigeria.
So any line of thought that does not include insulting people is arse kissing ko?
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by MandingoII(m): 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2010
who is Seun
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Beaf: 8:17pm On Mar 14, 2010
aisha2:

They wont because no one knows their real identity on nairaland, Most of them are to afraid to come out for a common protest march even in Lodon and US, they will say police will kill them yet there are the same once calling for war, will they fight the war?
They come here and make all sorts of statements, I dare them to make such statements on facebook where they are known and can be traced

Aisha, I surely didn't call for war. I got angry because a poll on a thread I created was changed and the topic renamed on the home page in such a way that the article had a different meaning. Both the renaming an promotion to the front page occured after the thread had done 14 pages in less than two days.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-411586.416.html#msg5684803

A couple of pertinent questions;
(1) If the article was such a security bother, why promote it to the front page (after it had reached page 14)?
(2) Why was the article given an inflamatory title on the home page?

All of this is the result of an attempt to monetize that article. . . absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it was done wrongly and the suppressed anger the average Nigerian feels with the govt was directed squarely at Seun. After all the hair tearing, I agree with you that we should let this go away, it doesn't serve anyone any good; its just stretching on too far now.
So I beg, everybody, please lets all calm down.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by 0hsisi: 8:20pm On Mar 14, 2010
MandingoII:

who is Seun

Exactly?
who is Seun?
becomerrich tells us the guy we think is Seun is really an Igbo man called Obinna Nsofor
you folks didn't see the thread where he threw the bombshell

you folks are so 2009
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by MandingoII(m): 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2010
Nigerians are too emotional. embarassed

You mofo's talk alot of sh.t but ZERO action. angry

If you are NOT going to create change, shut the fugg up!

The poster[i] CAP28 [/i]and I were in a heated conversation, when I suggested ACTION, he vanished!

so please, this is nothing but hot air , hurt feelings, resentments, and misinformation running rampant.

stop believing in media bull crap and do your OWN research.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by 0hsisi: 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2010
MandingoII:

Nigerians are too emotional. embarassed

You mofo's talk alot of sh.t but ZERO action. angry

If you are NOT going to create change, shut the fugg up!

The poster[i] CAP28 [/i]and I were in a heated conversation, when I suggested ACTION, he vanished!

so please, this is nothing but hot air , hurt feelings, resentments, and misinformation running rampant.

stop believing in media bull crap and do your OWN research.

and yet you refuse to move on to some akata message boards
ewure
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2010
Beaf:

Aisha, I surely didn't call for war. I got angry because a poll on a thread I created was changed and the topic renamed on the home page in such a way that the article had a different meaning. Both the renaming an promotion to the front page occured after the thread had done 14 pages in less than two days.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-411586.416.html#msg5684803

A couple of pertinent questions;
(1) If the article was such a security bother, why promote it to the front page (after it had reached page 14)?
(2) Why was the article given an inflamatory title on the home page?

All of this is the result of an attempt to monetize that article. . . absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it was done wrongly and the suppressed anger the average Nigerian feels with the govt was directed squarely at Seun. After all the hair tearing, I agree with you that we should let this go away, it doesn't serve anyone any good; its just stretching on too far now.
So I beg, everybody, please lets all calm down.
Can you see why i love this man? He knows when to let go. Good thing baby, I understand your point, and I understand where Seun is coming from too. Lets all put this behind us kiss make up and have a pleasant week ahead.
Bless you all. End of story
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by MandingoII(m): 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2010
and yet you refuse to move on to some akata message boards
ewure

Afraid I will see your dirty panties?

maybe I'm nigerian - by blood type.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Igwe9(m): 8:34pm On Mar 14, 2010
wonders shall never end, see how people are promoting anarchy in the name of alliance with the admin. shocked
what he did is wrong, I'm in Nigeria and will be glad if this country would split up, let everybody answer his fathers' name.

oh nairaland isn't gonna answer nairaland again, maybe oduduwaland or something. cheesy
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by cold(m): 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2010
Lol.I can see the Committee for Sycophancy has been set up,very typical,very Nigerian.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2010
Security forces cannot be that jobless to come arrest anybody because of a mere poll in a tiny website called nairaland. This site doesn't pose an atom of threat to warrant anyones arrest.
Re: Leave Seun Abeg by amarilo: 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2010
Yet we blame the ruling class and want to carry placard for the wrong they are doing at the same time supporting/promoting dictatorship.

Somebody tell me that Nigeria will be good. Am waiting and watching.

(1) (2)

Group Blames Assembly For Delay In Fashola Probe ! / Car Bomb In Abuja / The Truth About Boko Haram By Gen. Useni