Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? (9295 Views)

Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials / White Bridesmaids Dress Trend + Reasons It’s OK For Bridesmaids To Wear White (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by trueface(f): 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2007
most of the times we tend to comment on some absurd things that we see in female fashion these days. however, one thing always triggers my questioning spirit in men's fashion nd i'd be glad to share your opinion. please, what is your idea of the colour a man's suit should be?
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by iice(f): 1:59am On Feb 21, 2007
shocked shocked Whattttt As in freaking wear a whole yellow ensemble? NO NO lol. I don't dig some colors on men. I have said it time and again, men stay away from the pinks tongue Red, he can probably wear but only if its like a deep maroon and not from head to toe.
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by Free(f): 2:19am On Feb 21, 2007
noooo plz dnt wear them

expecially yellow??

why
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by mandi: 4:13am On Feb 22, 2007
You are funny lol. We have only one word for men that wear colored suits love-vendor.
Colored shirts are great but colored suits? NO!

I like black (of cos), dark brown, and dark navy blue (midnight blue).
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by Free(f): 4:24am On Feb 22, 2007
I like black (of because), dark brown, and dark navy blue (midnight blue).

U so right bout those grin grin
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by hotangel2(f): 5:12am On Feb 22, 2007
I think colored shirts are Awesome. Colored suits, i'll stay away from.

Like the whole ensemble?? noo, Come on now, what are you
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2007
Coloured Suits on men that sucks

@ iice how v'e you been.
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by iice(f): 2:56am On Feb 23, 2007
mandi:

I like black (of because), dark brown, and dark navy blue (midnight blue).

Paired with some bright shirt. . .do-able but yeah i love the navy blue suit.

rb:

@ iice how v'e you been.

Been good, bad and everything in between grin Sup with ya?
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by jeaniecash: 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2007
why on earth should a man wear such only if he is a nollywood actor
wink
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by tunmininu(f): 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2007
Haba,when u are not going for a carnival.ITS ODD.Red can still be acceptable when you match it with a black trousers but the rest colours are out of it.
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by trueface(f): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2007
You guys sound to me like you've never seen such but i seem to see it everyday and it sucks. especially on Igbo pastors (no personal beefs intended).
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by bunmii(f): 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2007
some guys can look cool  in colured jacket while some looks dreadful
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by whiteNkem(f): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2007
Well, actually you can use a wider variety of colours but be serious, not at all bright ones. You will look like a clown! Not to mention that the colour must fit your attitude.

There are limits though. I bet if you were to go out in a bright purple suit everyone would be staring at you and not stop laughing. You ARE NOT Snoop Dogg or something!
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by zigbo(f): 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2007
i think a guy can wear wateva colour he wants eg.a lawyer will wear his black suit whereas for a love-vendor the red,yellow,purple etc suit will be jst rite for his profession etc.so if u are not a love-vendor dont go wearing those funny colours wink
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by sisimose(f): 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2007
IS IT OK FOR MEN TO WEAR CLOURED SUITS SUCH AS RED , YELLOW , PURPLE ETC?

Why the hell not? don't discrimate against circus clowns please, tongue
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by Ameena(f): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2007
Dont fancy guys who look like clowns! Why on earth would a normal guy wear such absurd suit colours. I would write him off immediately!
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by busygirl(f): 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2007
I Know don jazzy luvs pink, nd dbanj luvs colours lik yellow, red, green, blue, luks nice on dem coz dey're t-stirts but I can't tolorate dose colours 4 suits.
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by choongtin(f): 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2007
its only igbo nigerian men that like  dressing up with the rainbow colours they would put on yellow suit with green shoes

freaking nasty
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by whiteNkem(f): 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2007
choongtin:

its only igbo nigerian men that like dressing up with the rainbow colours they would put on yellow suit with green shoes

freaking nasty

please don't make such a generalization!
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by Busta(f): 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2007
not ok for me to dress up in bright colours, at least not or me.

that makes em look like a P-I-M-P angry
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by zigbo(f): 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2007
choongtin:

its only igbo nigerian men that like dressing up with the rainbow colours they would put on yellow suit with green shoes

freaking nasty

well thats your own theory undecided
you are on your own on that one OYO.
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2008
first of all rainbow colours on men puts me of undecided lipsrsealed
he has to be simple and very classy wink
he must not over dress up

Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:50am On Apr 14, 2008
guys are limited to the colours they can be seen on
most time its safe to be on grey black brown or navy bleu suits
and the the shirt and tie must be very nice also his shoes

but if he wants to go the other way
eg like these pics
he must be care full so as not to look
like a peacock grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by enque(f): 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2008
some bright colors may not look too good on guys,
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by Scopium: 8:16am On Apr 15, 2008
enque:

some bright colors may not look too good on guys,

[size=13pt]Yeah you are right. They make you look like the work of a bad and amateur/immature painter[/size]
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]Yeah you are right. They make you look like the work of a bad and amateur/immature painter[/size]

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad grin lipsrsealed

thats an adjective qualifying a noun
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

chi-ne-ke grin
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by tpia: 10:25pm On Apr 17, 2008
men in black, blue, brown or gray suits is the PC thing, but those dark suits get sooo boring sometimes. Unfortunately, there are limited alternatives, since bright colors are definitely a nono. undecided
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by lucabrasi(m): 3:07am On Apr 18, 2008
its definitely not ok,the best colour suits for men are grey/ash colour, in any shade,black,brown white only in linen generally dark colours but blazers are cool in any colour but he has to be careful with the shirt and the trousers/pants and any other acessory as its very easy to get it wrong,to get an idea just take a look at our nigerian senators especially the old men
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:22am On Apr 18, 2008
LOL, colorful suits,

They'll be looking like clownish pimps tongue embarassed
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2008
Purple suit-------------love-vendor
Yellow Suit-------------STUPID
Green suit-------------OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED BRAIN TWISTED PROBLEM
Pink suit---------------- (a) COOL DUDE  (b)  GAY

ALL OTHER COLORS EXCEPT BLACK AND WHITE SUITS ARE OFFICICALLY CLASSIFIED "GAY"

COLORED SHIRTS ARE ALLOWED
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by lucabrasi(m): 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2008
emmeno:

Purple suit-------------love-vendor
Yellow Suit-------------STUPID
Green suit-------------OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED BRAIN TWISTED PROBLEM
Pink suit---------------- (a) COOL DUDE (b) GAY

ALL OTHER COLORS EXCEPT BLACK AND WHITE SUITS ARE OFFICICALLY CLASSIFIED "GAY"

COLORED SHIRTS ARE ALLOWED

dude i think you need to check out fashion icons ,purple blazer with black shirt and trousers ll be awesome, with a purple cravat
yellow blazer with white smart trousers, u can blend a check or dotted design cravat or tie with it
green will blend beautifully with grey pants of any shade or black shirt with a pair of smart jeans

ill get back to ya on the pink, lol
Re: Is It Ok For Men To Wear Coloured Suits Such As Red, Yellow, Purple, E.t.c? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2008
any man that wears coloured suit before me,i will burn him and that suit to ashes angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Ankara Styles / All Back Ghana Braids To Try Out This Season With Beautiful Pictures / Buy Original Us And UK Men Shirts At Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.