Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It (7905 Views)

A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car / See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) / Camry 2007 Engine Broke Down Due To No/low Oil - Need Help And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It by FLADO: 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

location sir?

Please I have I seriously need answers and solutions
Please this just my second car and my first time experiencing such
My Toyota Camry 2007 4plug after using it to pass through water that got to the tire level when I got to my house gate it' start making some funny noise
The next day I found out the oil warn light is on I check the engine and the oil have short so I top the oil and it went off and the car was driving well but the noise still continues
So I went to mechanic he says I should buy new oil and filter that there is something at the bottom plate he will remove and it will stop so I make enquiries from other same car users they say it doesn't mean anything that he should remove it then after removing it and changing oil he start it and the sound was still there he said it will stop and I try driving it home only for the noise to increase the more and start making knocking sound

I call someone to check he said it's crankshaft, and about 3 people comfirmed it's crankshaft
Now my fear and problem is this

They are charging 130-150k to fix the crankshaft, oil pump etc

But rumours is saying I should not do it that it won't last but I don't know because it's my personal car for work
Should I fix it or save money and buy tokumbo half engine since alternator, compressor,etc is still very good

Or fix the engine
Please your advice and solutions
And reasons

If I fix it will it last? Etc
Please

The attached video is the oil pump the dirt he serviced and the thing on the bottom plate he removed
Re: My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2023
FLADO:

Please I have I seriously need answers and solutions
Please this just my second car and my first time experiencing such
My Toyota Camry 2007 4plug after using it to pass through water that got to the tire level when I got to my house gate it' start making some funny noise
The next day I found out the oil warn light is on I check the engine and the oil have short so I top the oil and it went off and the car was driving well but the noise still continues
So I went to mechanic he says I should buy new oil and filter that there is something at the bottom plate he will remove and it will stop so I make enquiries from other same car users they say it doesn't mean anything that he should remove it then after removing it and changing oil he start it and the sound was still there he said it will stop and I try driving it home only for the noise to increase the more and start making knocking sound

I call someone to check he said it's crankshaft, and about 3 people comfirmed it's crankshaft
Now my fear and problem is this

They are charging 130-150k to fix the crankshaft, oil pump etc

But rumours is saying I should not do it that it won't last but I don't know because it's my personal car for work
Should I fix it or save money and buy tokumbo half engine since alternator, compressor,etc is still very good

Or fix the engine
Please your advice and solutions
And reasons

If I fix it will it last? Etc
Please

The attached video is the oil pump the dirt he serviced and the thing on the bottom plate he removed

You bought a car, paid no attention to the engine oil levels as they dropped, car ran out of oil (had noting to do with flood) the crankshaft was scared, now the engine is about to throw a rod.

Recommendation .

Buy a used engine .

Rebuild engine (Crankshaft, rings , bearings etc)

Choice is yours .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It by Onme(m): 11:40am On Sep 27, 2023
Please I don’t know if anyone have bought Mobil 1 5W30 advance full synthetic on Jumia before. I don’t know if it save to buy on jumia. Price for Mobil 1 5W30 advanced full synthetic on jumia is 20,000, why at Mobil filling stations they told me 40,500. I’m afraid I don’t want to ruin my car engine.
Re: My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It by Angrigowt: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2023
Even mobilare still selling first grade fake. Common sense suppose tell u say jumia own and konga own na omo igbo own..cheap and risky. Go to mobil filling station direct

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Can Get Engine Oil SAE 5W-30 ? / Car Jerks After Driving Through Puddles / Audi B5 420-R DTM: The Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.