Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares (4130 Views)

NSE Suspends Trading On Skye Bank Shares / Oando Shares Audit, Court Stops Suspension / SEC Suspends Trading On Oando Shares Over Alleged Financial Mismanagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 23, 2017
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) has suspended trading in shares belonging to Oando Plc following an exchange of correspondence between it and the Nigerian Stock Exchange (the primary Exchange on which Oando is listed).

The suspension came after an order by Nigeria’s Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC, prompted the Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE, to suspend the embattled company on Wednesday till the regulator concluded investigations on the company.

According to a statement issued by JSE’s on Thursday, Oando’s listing was suspended following the review of subsequent correspondence received on October 18 from the Nigerian Stock Exchange and SEC.

SEC said it made the following findings at the end of its investigation into the breach of the provisions of the Investments & Securities Act 2007.

“The company has received communication from its primary listing, the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) have issued a directive to immediately suspend the trading of Oando shares, a directive to which the NSE has complied,” the JSE said in its notice.

“The JSE has accordingly suspended trading of the Oando shares with effect from 9:00 am SA time, pending clarification following the review of subsequent correspondence received on October 18, 2017 from the NSE and SEC and will provide a full statement of the company’s position as soon as possible.”

Recall that recently, a group of shareholders of Oando called for the removal of Wale Tinubu, the company’s Group Chief Executive Officer over allegations of gross misconduct leveled against the management of the oil firm

Oando did not respond specifically to the JSE suspension on Thursday, but insisted that it had received a communication from the NSE suspending trading in its shares, as directed by SEC, and that it was reviewing the correspondence.

The oil firm, however, said it would state its position as soon as possible as it was committed to acting in the interest of all shareholders.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/johannesburg-stock-exchange-suspends-trading-on-oando-shares/
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by mgbadike81: 9:59am On Oct 23, 2017
election time is approaching and opposition party members owned businesses would be destroyed.

3 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by rodeo0070(m): 11:02am On Oct 24, 2017
Na real wa o
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by froz(m): 6:24am On Oct 25, 2017
This is serious
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by quiverfull(m): 7:24am On Oct 25, 2017
Is it just now that NSE is getting to know about the insider tradings? They all do it. Anyway, good move if you asked me.

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by nextexcel: 7:26am On Oct 25, 2017
Abeg I have not been following the news lately, waiting tinubu do buhari?
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by PapaBaby: 7:27am On Oct 25, 2017
Bubu is flogging Tinubu left right and centre.
Last time I heard about Tinubu he had run to london.

4 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by hezy4real01(m): 7:33am On Oct 25, 2017
Tinubu is another Mega business man..... EFCC no go reach those one place now ooo Yeye govt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 25, 2017
This is. Systematic fighting of corruption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by BakireBulmaker: 7:36am On Oct 25, 2017
Tinubu (Bola) has no interest in Oando!

Ignorami everywhere.

6 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by wildchild02: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE!
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:41am On Oct 25, 2017
mgbadike81:
election time is approaching and opposition party members owned businesses would be destroyed.

Shut your trap ... Oando Tinubu is nothing but a Yahoo boy in the corporate world. This has nothing to do with election or Buhari.... He became all cozy with the wife of the president in his bid to have an in road into the government but failed

How can you have a liability that overruns your so called assets many times over and even deceived many high network Nigerians including Mr. Volpi into buying shares of a company you listed in clabar exchange as Oando parent company only for them to find out they have been duped or misled

Mind you he went into Canada exchange without any proper scrunity but by buying up a small existing firm listed in the exchange and then renaming it Oando erh ...

Wale Tinubu owns the firmmwith two of his friends ..Chief Tinubu has no interest in the business .... One now runs that fertilizer plant when he left the other two to continue with Oando

6 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Robbin7(m): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2017
2019 go sweet pass dis my smally wey dey rub my dick so puna o.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by aloeman15(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2017
BakireBulmaker:

Ignorami everywhere.
Nodogragra4me:

Shut your trap ... Oando Tinubu is nothing but a Yahoo boy in the corporate world. This has nothing to do with election or Buhari.... He became all cozy with the wife of the president in his bid to have an in road into the government but failed

How can you have a liability that overruns your so called assets many times over and even deceived many high network Nigerians including Mr. Volpi into buying shares of a company you listed in clabar exchange as Oando parent company only for them to find out they have been duped or misled

Mind you he went into Canada exchange without any proper scrunity but by buying up a small existing firm listed in the exchange and then renaming it Oando erh ...

Wale Tinubu owns the firmmwith two of his friends ..Chief Tinubu has no interest in the business .... One now runs that fertilizer plant when he left the other two to continue with Oando
BakireBulmaker:

Ignorami everywhere.
you guys should educate yourselves, pls!

2 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by talk2percy(m): 7:55am On Oct 25, 2017
nextexcel:
Abeg I have not been following the news lately, waiting tinubu do buhari?
U never hear say him wan become king himself this time. He doesn't want to be kingmaker anymore and the thing dey fear buhari.
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by talk2percy(m): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2017
I see Buhari's hand in all these...he wants to give them(opposition) busy....
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 25, 2017
Nigerians are so bitter,once you here tinubu,you think it has something to do with Bola Ahmed!!!!Frog eyes no get 1% shares in Oando!!!
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by dancewith: 8:34am On Oct 25, 2017
Wale Tinubu is a nephew to Bola Tinubu. Family business. Wale would never have been able to buy unipetrol which he renamed Ocean and Oil (Oando) if not for the patronage of Bola

You would find that this can't be happening without Bola being a target. End of

2 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by patrick89(m): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

You nailed it! but write it very well next time.

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Marotzke(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2017
Jubril Adewale
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Obierika(m): 10:37am On Oct 25, 2017
BakireBulmaker:

Ignorami everywhere.

I wonder why people are associating him with the company just because he and the CEO share the same surname
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Dollabiz: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2017
Oh
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2017
patrick89:

You nailed it! but write it very well next time.

Ok bro
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by gift01: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of Transcorp
Re: Johannesburg Stock Exchange Suspends Trading On Oando Shares by axponline: 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
OandO is owner by Olawale Tinubu. Acquired via a leveraged buyout. (described below)
A leveraged buyout (LBO) is the acquisition of another company using a significant amount of borrowed money to meet the cost of acquisition. The assets of the company being acquired are often used as collateral for the loans, along with the assets of the acquiring company.
Initially owner by Olawale Tinubu and his friend Onajite Okoloko thus the OandO (Olawale and Onajite)
Nothing to do with Bola Tinubu.
i.e he used the assets of Unipetrol to borrow funds to buy Unipetrol or something like ..... genius right.

(1) (Reply)

Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite / New Easy Way To Create And Fund Your PAYZA Account Discover! / Investment Done.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.