Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,504 members, 7,954,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! (2061 Views)

Arsenal Signs David Beckham’s Son / Nosa Igiebor Injured After Attack On Eagles In Ethiopia. Eagles Set New Record. / John Cena Of World Wrestling Entertainment Died From A Severe Head Injury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by toluxa1(m): 11:28pm On Mar 14, 2010
AC Milan have confirmed that David Beckham has broken his achilles tendon, and will be out for a minimum of three months, thus ending his Serie A season and ruling him out of the World Cup barring a miracle.

The midfielder suffered a crack in the foot in the closing stages of Milan's 1-0 win over Chievo at San Siro on Sunday night. Beckham pulled up in the centre circle under no pressure with just minutes remaining and immediately signalled to the bench, hopping towards the touchline on his healthy leg before collapsing to the floor in agony.

The 34-year-old was close to tears as he was treated for at least five minutes on the touchline, and the bad news of a broken achilles tendon has now been confirmed.

Becks infamously almost missed out on the 2002 World Cup in South Korea and Japan after breaking his metatarsal close to the tournament.

It will take an absolute miracle for Beckham to go to South Africa as he is not expected to be back until the middle of June, at which point the tournament will have already begun.
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by tayoast(m): 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2010
he's already redundant for d English team.

wish him quick recovery kiss
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by seunspice(m): 9:08am On Mar 15, 2010
Now this is not too good news. He might not be the player he once was, but his experience would have invaluable to the team. wish him a speedy recovery.
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by toluxa1(m): 10:03am On Mar 15, 2010
You're correct. Infact Everything He's been doing for the part couple of Months has been in preparation for the World Cup. I wish him God speed recovery sha.
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 15, 2010
@post
thats it for Becks, football at the top is over, he might as well pack his boots and start looking for some sport commentator gig!!!
although he would have been a great asset for England, they can do without him.

the hardest part is that there was no one around him when he got injured,he just stepped the wrong way!!!!

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuCR4pwevEg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by swaga007: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2010
england wil missd him, old maffo! ; grin)
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by snowdrops(m): 11:22am On Mar 15, 2010
Hurray!!!

No more show biz/razzmatazz.
At least we can concentrate on the football in south africa.
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by redsun(m): 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2010
Of all things to talk about,even david beckham is making headline on nigg-ers forum.That guy is a media money making hype,there is nothing about him that has to has anything to do with real ni-ggers.
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2010
i think you have to look at it the other way around:
DB plays for the England team who is qualified for the world cup and which 9ja might end up playing against (if they go past the first round).
so his injury might be worthy news to 9ja people who may think that him not being around is good news.
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by sesman(m): 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2010
what's this doing on the front page, i couldn't give a monkeys, they are more important issues to put on the front page than the David Beckham injury,

and there was me thinking i will be able to get away from his bloody injury on nairaland, since all the bleeding major newspapers in the uk have made this their back page sport headlines,
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by Vanpee(m): 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2010
I will miss him if not 4 anythin, 4 unique hair style. He always display crazy hair style. If na 9ja, I go talk say SWP n Walcott don go visit babalawo as dem visit 4 Lenon. Like play, like play, Walcott don go worldcup again
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by candylips(m): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2010
great news . . .
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by mamagee3(f): 6:54pm On Mar 15, 2010
They're so many players that'll feature in the World Cup, I don't even like David Beckham that much. undecided
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by chelseabmw(m): 8:32pm On Mar 15, 2010
This is a very bad news for england, i wish him quick recovery
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by latepa(m): 8:59pm On Mar 15, 2010
Too bad, i was expecting my man Beck to play the world cup in africa soil at least for the first time. sad
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by toluxa1(m): 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

i think you have to look at it the other way around:
DB plays for the England team who is qualified for the world cup and which 9ja might end up playing against (if they go past the first round).
so his injury might be worthy news to 9ja people who may think that him not being around is good news.

EXACTLY!
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by shilling(f): 7:22am On Mar 16, 2010
This may sound silly to some people . . . but I'm lost, how did that he break that just by kicking the bull. I fill really sorry for him though, I hear it hurts bad cry
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by san26dy(f): 7:44am On Mar 16, 2010
he has made enough money. Let him relax and give other people a chance.
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 16, 2010
shilling:

This may sound silly to some people . . . but I'm lost, how did that he break that just by kicking the bull. I fill really sorry for him though, I hear it hurts bad cry

at close to 35yrs old, playing at the top for the best part of the last 18yrs, his body aint as "crisp"as the body of an 16yrs old. an older player is more prone to injury as we can see by how he got injured. also an 18yr old will heal more rapidly that a 34yr old player.
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by shilling(f): 8:32am On Mar 16, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

at close to 35yrs old, playing at the top for the best part of the last 18yrs, his body aint as "crisp"as the body of an 16yrs old. an older player is more prone to injury as we can see by how he got injured. also an 18yr old will heal more rapidly that a 34yr old player.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Older players aside, is it possible for the younger ones to tear their achilles tendon just by trying to kick a ball?
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by KGREAT(m): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2010
It’s been confirmed that he’ll miss the world cup.
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by DisGuy: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2010
shilling:

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Older players aside, is it possible for the younger ones to tear their achilles tendon just by trying to kick a ball?

yes, its not the kicking its the whole running about most atheletes experience this at some point some might get be lucky though

sesman:

what's this doing on the front page, i couldn't give a monkeys, they are more important issues to put on the front page than the David Beckham injury,
and there was me thinking i will be able to get away from his bloody injury on nairaland, since all the bleeding major newspapers in the uk have made this their back page sport headlines,

Exactly!! like the missing $200m at the glass house, Kanu's Real age, or why the NFA dont have a website after signing the contract!!
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by gbolio4(m): 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2010
Painful, Sad
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by Johnnny(m): 11:18am On Mar 17, 2010
[Exactly!! like the missing $200m at the glass house, Kanu's Real age, or why the NFA dont have a website after signing the contract!!
[quote][/quote]

Nope! Like the 2 - 0 bashing of the home-based Super chickens by Niger republic. angry angry angry
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
this guy sure doesnt look like a happy puppy after the operation!

Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by tayoast(m): 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
Its Wayne Rooney's turn!! tongue
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by jamalzox: 3:35am On Mar 18, 2010

Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by chinedumo(m): 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2010
@shilling this is getting more interesting. My eyes must be deceiving me oh @shilling. I mean no offense .am just surprised to see a gal label herself as a football fanatic of the make of Manchester united. wonders shall never end  4 dis life oh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by abrahym(m): 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2010
He worth goin to world cup? Can bench walcot or lennon
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by tayoast(m): 11:46pm On Mar 19, 2010
^^even SWP
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by shilling(f): 4:16am On Mar 21, 2010
chinedumo:

@shilling this is getting more interesting. My eyes must be deceiving me oh @shilling. I mean no offense .am just surprised to see a gal label herself as a football fanatic of the make of Manchester united. wonders shall never end  4 dis life oh!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's so shocking about that?!!
Re: Beckham Injured - Out Of World Cup! by chinedumo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
shilling:

What's so shocking about that?!!

YOU
Don't you get it. you as a Manchester fan 4 life
You are the first gal I have seen. That could also mean I haven't seen many gals.
Go ahead with any good dream of yours. GOOdluck!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today Hot Predictions... / Is It Just Me Or Does The New Nairabet Site Sucks / Assist Oshoala Gives Up On Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.