Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

The Heart Wrenching Incident Of Late Mr. Edward Soje By A Communication Expert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Heart Wrenching Incident Of Late Mr. Edward Soje By A Communication Expert (327 Views)

Deployment Of Female Soldiers: Aisha Buhari Is Right - Edward Onoriode / Dino Melaye Built A Chapel In Honour Of Late Mother (Photos) / Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Heart Wrenching Incident Of Late Mr. Edward Soje By A Communication Expert by OJtOp2(m): 9:41am On Oct 23, 2017
My little note to Mr. Yahaya Adoza Bello.

Your Excellency,

The recent heart wrenching incident of late Mr. Edward Soje, a director in the Teaching Service Commission in Kogi state betrays every attempt to deodorize your administration. I cannot hide my bias to put the blame on the state government. All the blame.

I fully understand that taking one's own life is not the way to go, and that the pain and devastation it has on the people left behind should not be an object of lame and banal conversations. In fact, it should not be weaved into unnecessary political narrative. But no matter how we look and feel about it, his death is political. For it has got to do with;
1. How he, the deceased, was governed.
2. Who was governor when avoidable deaths swept through the land.
3. The general level of hope in our socio-political atmosphere, and perhaps more importantly
4. What lessons the government under your leadership, has learned from the tragedy.

For the purpose of 4 above, and without being cynical, there is so many Sojes out there who may have bought their suicide ropes - but merely holding on to vestiges of our shared humanity - as their hopes of your government ever paying them their salaries and pension was finally dashed in that compendium of falsehood. The 72 paged advertorial is the real suicide note. It is therefore instructive for your government to promptly stop scouting for remedies in the dishonest Press but in quality leadership - beginning from complete payment of pensions and salaries.

As things currently appear in Kogi, the extent of this administrative catastrophe is historic.

For if GYB says: I have paid everything. And,

This is what the rest of us has to say: You are owing us too many months.

As one who believes in the mandate of young people, I am constrained to ask you dear Mr. Governor what more credibility is there for my call for youth inclusion? Or more closely, 2020? And posterity? Several millions of Naira was reportedly spent on an ad. It yielded nothing to you and your government other than thorough embarrassment. The masses will, in the coming days, months and years, be more enlightened to be able to see through media messages and things that are not consistent with realities and truth. 2020 will be one of such years.

Your administration says it has defrayed all salary outstandings, Soje was until his unfortunate death owed some fifteen months. Even a Ponzi scheme would not claim to have paid its subscribers when it has not.

Observers within and outside the state have a consensus that the art of governance is at its worst under your administration. I have records of deaths traceable to your regime. People call it Adoza's ineptitude actually.

But I insist this is not ineptitude. It is an expert and deliberate way of inflicting untold pain, indignity, depression and death on the hapless Kogi population.

This is not good. This is not fair. This is fair-minus.

May it ring out loud to you dear AYB that the implications of this very strategic failure is quantum? It huge. It is systemic. And far-reaching!

First, the Almighty who allowed the window through which you emerged would be thoroughly disappointed - except if he brought you to punish the people, this I doubt - at the quantum of woes you are dishing to Kogi people.

You have also brought untold shame to us both Anebiras and friends who rejoiced greatly at your ascendancy. Your occupying the Lugard House was to us a period to have our son positively contribute to the greatness of our dear state, since it was 'insensitively' occupied by our Igala Brothers since the return to civil rule in 1999. I ask, dear Mr. Yahaya Bello, would you in all honesty say you have treated the Civil Service fairly? Do you think you have done well? Certainly not with the number of deaths your administration has supervised.

As a youth, the prospect of a young vibrant (and handsome) person becoming a governor was a toast. This vast demographic across the country rejoiced greatly. It was pretty much the same way we celebrated your boss Mr. Buhari when he became president, sadly he is so overwhelmed by the Nigerian project in Abuja that you and your ilks continue to wantonly govern, misgovern- without any recourse to the sanctity and dignity of human.

You have thoroughly disappointed us. And that is to say the least. In fact, you have killed many of our parents. You have now emboldened the stupid argument that the Nigerian youth is not leadership-ready.

You have botched our chances to certain aspects of our destiny. Thank God we have a God who remedies all situations.

You have not done well, bro.

On the family fronts, health conditions are daily being complicated, families no longer have the financial capacity to enjoy basic healthcare. Marriages are falling apart. Parents can no longer hand needed rules/instructions or enforce discipline over their children. Many daughters have gone a whoring. Many sons have gone a thuggin' because the parents are being owed countless months of salary. The headship of homes are becoming a mere figures.

You are simply owing these folks.

You are owing them a humble and repentant heart. You are owing them unreserved apology. You are owing them their paychecks. Let's face it.

Let us face it Your Excellency, if this form of repentance is beyond you, kindly hand us your resignation.

Please.

Oshaloto, Joseph Tade. Is a strategic communication expert, he plays, writes and travels.

22nd October, 2017

(1) (Reply)

(must Read): Jonathan To Appear In Court As Witness For Metuh / Jonathan’s Government Most Corrupt In Nigerian History – Says Buhari Support Gro / How Much Has MTN Paid As Fine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.