Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant (11769 Views)

Short Biography Of Edward Onoja, New Kogi Deputy Gov / Soldiers Recover Explosive Vest Thrown By Suicide Bomber In Borno River. Photos / Ibrahim Tumsah Musa: The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, Richer Than 4 Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by ogododo: 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
PRESS RELEASE BY THE HEAD OF SERVICE, KOGI STATE ON THE ALLEGED DEATH BY SUICIDE OF A MEMBER OF THE KOGI STATE CIVIL SERVICE, MR. EDWARD SOJE
Gentlemen of the Press,
The Kogi State Government is saddened in no small measure by the alleged suicide of Mr. Edward Soje, a level 16 officer and director in the Kogi State Civil Service. He was attached to the Teaching Service Commission.
I am appalled by the media reports on Edward Soje’s death. The certainty by the media that he committed suicide, and that he did it due to non-payment of his salaries by his employer, the Kogi State Government. We wonder at this strange certainty. No media house has approached the Service or the Government with any query on the matter. There is also no single shred of proof provided to back up their banner headlines.

For the records, these are the facts surrounding Mr. Soje’s employment with the Kogi State Government:

He continued to receive his salaries till December, 2016 even while the Staff Screening and Verification Exercise was ongoing.

His pay was stopped after proof emerged that he falsified his age records. His confession to the offence is on video.

Following engagements with Labour which spanned several months, the Kogi State Governor magnanimously commuted the disciplinary action due against certain categories of offenders by grant of pardon. Mr. Soje fell into one of the categories.

Pardoned staff were processed for reinstatement and payment in batches. Mr.. Soje was in the September 2017 batch and he was aware of this fact.

The Kogi State Teaching Service Commission where he works has forwarded a template for payment to Government and Mr. Soje was aware that he was listed to receive 6 months back pay, leaving only 2 months (August and September) outstanding.

Edward Soje was not just my staff, he was also married to my sister-in-law.. His death is shocking, both as one related to him in some way, and one responsible for him in an official capacity.

I met with him earlier last week and we discussed his situation, including the progress made in resolving his employment issues. There was no hint of this horrible decision in his demeanour neither did he appear to me as one who was depressed, let alone contemplating suicide. I am therefore understandably shocked by all of this.

We use this opportunity to implore the fourth estate of the realm to always strive to verify information before going to the public especially when lives are involved, and to avoid causing unnecessary distress. Facts are sacred and must be so revered.

Government condoles with his family, especially his wife and three children. While we will not intrude into their grief over their sad loss, we will stand with them through this.

Thank you.

Signed:

Deaconess Deborah Ogunmola
Kogi State Head of Service

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by ogododo: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Man wickedness against man. Sombodi we die fit talk again. This no fit happen for Warri . Lala I see mynd44 for here now
Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by NwaAmaikpe: 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
shocked

Is this from a State government or from a Psychiatric asylum?

I used to think Dino and Bello were the only odd jokers in that state.
I was wrong.

SMH

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Atiku2019: 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
sad angry
Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by fergie001: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Deaconess,we have accepted.
He committed suicide because Chelsea lost against Crystal Palace,are you okay now?

Dead people do not talk,he is now in Sept batch because he died in October. This people no well,remember my service years there,I am not surprised.

Kogi,ntoooooor

Rip to soje

Deaconness,if I .......

26 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by ogododo: 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Is this from a State government or from a Psychiatric asylum?

I used to think Dino and Bello were the only odd jokers in that state.
I was wrong.

SMH

Laufta wan kill me. On a serious note,when you knew this man was under finacial bondage, why don't you give him I.O.U since he was supposed to be paid in September and this is last week of October already.

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by clevvermind(m): 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
USELESS GOVERNOR, USELESS PRESIDENT AND USELESS PARTY.

24 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
This people sabi lie o....Liar Mohammed has infected everybody in this government.

5 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by aolawale025: 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
He was last paid 10 months ago. What manner of verification takes so long. How was he and others in the same situation expected to manage

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
My ma hardly feeds us twice a day all thanks to Yehyeh Bello

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Caseless: 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
Bello and his handlers are really stupid. The most watery excuse ever given to save a face. Useless donkey!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
bello and rochas are competing on who win the best zombie governor

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by ogododo: 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
Suffering we people de suffer for this era no get part 2. The man for go church, he for no take im life

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by abu12: 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
BUHARI - NO
SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE

OBASAJO CLAIM HE IS 70yr
EVEN BELLO DONT HAVE BIRTH CERTIFICATE, YET THEY RULE THIS COUNTRY

MOST PEOPLE USING AGE DECLARATION FROM COURT ARE PARADING FALSE AGE.

BELLO SHOULD PAY WORKER THEIR SALARY OR DID HE PUBLISH TIME TABLE FOR PAYMENT OF SALARY? IF THE MAN IS SURE OF GETTIN HIS SALARY BY SEPTEMBER, HE WONT COMMIT SUICIDE

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by yaqq: 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
this is so inhuman, disheartening and disgusting! thunder please strike directly at the governors desk! Kill kill kill him!

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Pilate2016(m): 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rochas should erect one statues for Bello. His stupidity is extraterrestrial. May be his brain receives signal from Pluto.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by SalamRushdie: 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Govt Bello and his handlers definitely have the IQ of fleas ..this is the second time they are making such a gaffe as relates to salary backlogs , wr all remember early this year when the came to state they were owing 12 months and not 13 like the press carried ..SMH

1 Like

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by sholatech(m): 10:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kogi State Govt just confirmed with this press release that the man committed suicide due to non-payment of salary.

Another video just released now of another civil servant whose daughter died due to inability to pay medical bills while been owed salary.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by ogododo: 12:26am On Oct 23, 2017
sholatech:
Kogi State Govt just confirmed with this press release that the man committed suicide due to non-payment of salary.

Another video just released now of another civil servant whose daughter died due to inability to pay medical bills while been owed salary.

May God accept their souls
Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by ogododo: 6:39am On Oct 23, 2017
I could not sleep without thinking over this story. It looks like after thought and fabricated lies. Government should do everything possible to pay all his entitlements at least for the tripletsm

1 Like

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by ogododo: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2017
I could not sleep without thinking over this story. It looks like after thought and fabricated lies. Government should do everything possible to pay all his entitlements at least for the triplets

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Simongm(m): 6:57am On Oct 23, 2017
sholatech:

...and the stupiiid Governor spent close to #200m to defend this salary issues in a news paper publication last week.
He also went to ananbra to campaign for apc, i hope anambra people will not fall for this bondage called change(chain).

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Spylord48: 7:01am On Oct 23, 2017
9months and 11 months what the difference there?
I wonder if the governor isn't collecting his own salary week in week out.Why are some people wicked and heartless like this?

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Lucasbalo(m): 7:08am On Oct 23, 2017
What a sick State and Country. Why in the hell will any employer owe anyone a month salary talk less of 9 to 11 months. No wonder corruption envelopes all over Nigeria. A worthless and inhumane government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by ogododo: 7:51am On Oct 23, 2017
Lalasticlala make d whole world see the defence. Governance suppose get human face, no be for like this we go de go .Na we put dem dere no be se make dem become landlord for our head.
Waffi people no de carry last
Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by nairavsdollars(f): 8:39am On Oct 23, 2017
Kogi state, who bewitched you?
Useless governor, clowning senator

1 Like

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Atiku2019: 8:40am On Oct 23, 2017
"Youthful" Governor at the helm of affairs
Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 23, 2017
Oh Lawd! This government is so insensitive mehnnn
Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 23, 2017
This Kogi state government is useless

Salaries are not being paid, people who have served the state for years got told by this administration that they are either ghost workers or they committed fraud.

My aunt's husband who should be retiring as a director next year got told last year that he is a ghost worker, he hasn't received a dime since last year as salary while he is trying to rectify the issue.

They are trying to con out of paying his retirement benefits.

My aunt who has also served the state got accused of committing fraud, even after she brought her procurement receipts, tellers, etc, the state government admitted she was innocent, oya clear her and start paying her old and current pay, na lie.

Both husband and wife are still home with two children in secondary school boarding houses.

They are not the only ones in this plight, there are thousands.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by Nbote(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2017
And ppl still want to believe Kogi state govt is run by sensible ppl.. I think Kogi, Benue and Imo state govts are competing on whose more hopeless

https://www.nairaland.com/4132515/e-book-scams-expose#61675928

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Press Release On Death By Suicide Of Edward Soje, A Civil Servant by begge: 8:43am On Oct 23, 2017
y some one was busy wastin millions buildin d statue of zuma. when workers have not been paid

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Buhari, APC Planning To Rig Presidential Election - Atiku / Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.