Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive (46132 Views)

Sad Mood I Lost All My Day Old Chick To Coccidiosis Disease..the Weather Is Bad / Sales Of Day Old Chicks, Poults And Other Birds In Ibadan / See The Current Price Of Day Old Turkeys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Smooyis(m): 7:07am On Jan 30, 2018
Great I hope to practice poultry keeping someday, soon. Kudos shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by sonety2k(m): 7:17am On Jan 30, 2018
Nice One

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by livebynite: 7:52am On Jan 30, 2018
Yoshy:
If ever do this, I might get so attached to them and won't be happy selling them for food, then it will be fruitless Business wise.

Your comment made me smile.. I would probably be in the same shoes as you grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Unekz(m): 8:15am On Jan 30, 2018
JoGray:
#3500-4000
Please madam, how much does a day old chick cost and how many are in a crate ?
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Asquare84(m): 8:39am On Jan 30, 2018
Congrat
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by boyjo: 8:52am On Jan 30, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
they look like balls of eba ready 2 be eaten.lol. success in your poultry business

Lol. Sincerely, that`s what I thought it was.
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 30, 2018
JoGray:
My crate of day old broilers arrived last week Wednesday, on the 18th. They were already sprayed their first vaccine. I bought also Amoxy col WSP, neobro and sanctity energizer glucose as prescribed by the vet. They all looked healthy, except one who died later that day. Leaving me with 51 chicks.

These are the pics I took on Wednesday.

Good job, but the water volume in the drinking trough is too much, if they don't finish it in one day, it might infect them, be putting like one-quarter of the drinker volume and monitor, once they finish it, wash the drinker and put in new water for them, better you do it twice a day then having that water last two days. Also remember to proportion any drugs you add to the water as appropriate. Hope they can all feed from those feeding trays? Good job in all.
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by ibietela2(m): 9:07am On Jan 30, 2018
JoGray:
@1 wk

Are you a female?
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Daeylar(f): 9:29am On Jan 30, 2018
Yoshy:
If ever do this, I might get so attached to them and won't be happy selling them for food, then it will be fruitless Business wise.

JoGray:
My friend grin

People like me cheesy

I just love animals.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by deebrownneymar: 10:13am On Jan 30, 2018
Nice. I love agriculture.
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by choky26(m): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2018
JoGray:
They were two months yesterday. Their growth really surprised me. apart from the one that died in the beginning, no other one died. As a result of the bone meal they started taking early, their legs aren't bent. We noticed they're feaces were mixed with blood last week, the vet prescribed some antibiotics. They're okay now though. Sales already started grin

Thankyou all who followed this thread. I'm sorry for not updating frequently. By God's grace I expect their cage to be empty before the first week of January as I'll be ordering another crate for easter.

Please can I have ur contact, hope to start mine feb beginning. Really need more tips. My email is choky4real26@gmail.com and mobile number is 07035816527. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by choky26(m): 11:44am On Jan 30, 2018
oluwakayode25:

Saw Dust is that fine particle that is scrapped of wood in the saw mill..Fine particles like powder...Smooth and must not be used in Poultry production as the bird's are most likely to inhale this dust and develop Chronic Respiratory disease aka CRD..That's why people are advised to use wood shaving which this heavier and larger scrapes made in the saw mill...

Please can I have ur contact, hope to start my poultry feb beginning. Really need more tips. My email is choky4real26@gmail.com and mobile number is 07035816527. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by skubby: 1:20pm On Jan 30, 2018
choky26:

Please can I have ur contact, hope to start my poultry feb beginning. Really need more tips. My email is choky4real26@gmail.com and mobile number is 07035816527. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks
pls my doc wer 16 days today nd not dat big,wat should i do?somebody help me collect dem from tuns farm
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by skubby: 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
skubby:
pls my doc wer 16 days today nd not dat big,wat should i do?somebody help me collect dem from tuns farm

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by KingRex1(m): 5:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
This is beautiful JoGray. You'd make a great Vet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by oluwakayode25(m): 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
choky26:

You sent me a direct mail bah?,,,I'd do my best to assist you kwa..After 5 year's at school..I just started practising not quote long..But the little I know..I'd share with you when ready...stay in touch when you ready to kick off.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by oluwakayode25(m): 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2018
SnowJay92:

Good job, but the water volume in the drinking trough is too much, if they don't finish it in one day, it might infect them, be putting like one-quarter of the drinker volume and monitor, once they finish it, wash the drinker and put in new water for them, better you do it twice a day then having that water last two days. Also remember to proportion any drugs you add to the water as appropriate. Hope they can all feed from those feeding trays? Good job in all.

Contaminated water and feed leads to diahoerea and can be dangerous on the long run...I dey Gove advice and my wood shaving need change...laziness no just gree me todaytoday cry

1 Like

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nice one. Producers hardly have time to complain about the government. Na consumers naim de come online everyday come blame Buhari for their ancestors poverty.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by choky26(m): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2018
oluwakayode25:

You sent me a direct mail bah?,,,I'd do my best to assist you kwa..After 5 year's at school..I just started practising not quote long..But the little I know..I'd share with you when ready...stay in touch when you ready to kick off.

Yes I did. Thanks. Will keep in touch
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by BoldKing32(m): 10:38am On Jan 31, 2018
good day,
please i will need your assistance,i will like to know where to get my crate of day old broilers and the vaccine i can administer from that point
i intend starting on first week of February,
Thanks God bless.
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by JoGray(f): 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
SnowJay92:

thank you very much. I'll do so to reduce the quantity of water.

Abeyjide:

OP how many came with the pack? 51 or 52?
a crate is 50. But while counting, the lady in charge gave me additional two making it 52.

@Oluwakayode25 port Harcourt

@odingo1 I already made enough gain. Doing What you're suggesting will simply hinder their growth adding to the cost I'm trying to reduce. You get what you put in. Give them quality food and you'll be amazed@their growth. At two months they were already matured and ready for sale.

@wizzprince The bulb in the store created sufficient heat. During extremely cold weather, I used stove. About the medications, I'll get back to you when I find the chart I was given by the vet.

@ prestigious12 I'm happy you want to go into poultry ma'am. I sent a mail already.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by JoGray(f): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2018
JastSiryin:
Writing from experience...You may wanna elevate their feeders a bit because of problems that may arise from being overweight, because it simply makes them lazy... Having them stretch a little ensures that they mature rightly, with legs strong enough to carry their weight
that's true. I'll do that. Thankyousmiley

Ikenna240 dem be fowl grin

Nwakibie3 I mentioned it. Only one died. And it died on the second day or so, leaving me with 51.

Kizyte Amen. Thankyou so much

Zionista its a vaccine.

Hola106 what kind of project?

Onatisi thankyou

Ibietela2 obviously

Boldking32 what part of the country do you reside?

1 Like

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Kalashnikov102(m): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2018
I would love to learn as well. Pls inbox me on whatsapp let's have a convo 07057579380
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Farmafric(m): 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2018
Poultry Manure scrippers and every other poultry accessories are always available at farmergiant Nig Ltd. For more inquiries, click on the website below and contact us on: 08074349597

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Unekz(m): 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
JoGray:

a crate is 50. But while counting, the lady in charge gave me additional two making it 52.

@Oluwakayode25 port Harcourt

@odingo1 I already made enough gain. Doing What you're suggesting will simply hinder their growth adding to the cost I'm trying to reduce. You get what you put in. Give them quality food and you'll be amazed@their growth. At two months they were already matured and ready for sale.

@wizzprince The bulb in the store created sufficient heat. During extremely cold weather, I used stove. About the medications, I'll get back to you when I find the chart I was given by the vet.

@ prestigious12 I'm happy you want to go into poultry ma'am. I sent a mail already.
Please madam how much does a crate cost ??
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by ibietela2(m): 6:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
JoGray:
that's true. I'll do that. Thankyousmiley

Ikenna240 dem be fowl grin

Nwakibie3 I mentioned it. Only one died. And it died on the second day or so, leaving me with 51.

Kizyte Amen. Thankyou so much

Zionista its a vaccine.

Hola106 what kind of project?

Onatisi thankyou

Ibietela2 obviously

Boldking32 what part of the country do you reside?

So can i connect with you
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by hola106(m): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2018
ibietela2:

sure
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2018
JoGray:

Good job, you stay in PH? We could chat privately if you don't mind?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by big3boy: 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
JoGray:
My crate of day old broilers arrived last week Wednesday, on the 18th. They were already sprayed their first vaccine. I bought also Amoxy col WSP, neobro and sanctity energizer glucose as prescribed by the vet. They all looked healthy, except one who died later that day. Leaving me with 51 chicks.

These are the pics I took on Wednesday.

unfortunately, the cost of your feeding will now rise by 800% since those who grow maize are now being slaughter on daily bases by herdsmen
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by ibietela2(m): 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
hola106:
sure

Lol it's not you na
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by BoldKing32(m): 10:12am On Feb 01, 2018
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE, I STAY IN LAGOS.
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by BoldKing32(m): 10:29am On Feb 01, 2018
I STAY IN LAGOS
ibietela2:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo State Taskforce Destroys A Poultry Farmer's Day-Old Chicks (Photos) / Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) / Day Old Chicks, Poults And Growing Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.