Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

EFCC Probes President Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Probes President Obasanjo (4654 Views)

Poll: Will President Obasanjo be indicted?

Yes: 46% (6 votes)
No: 53% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

High-profile Fraud: EFCC Probes Four Judges Frustrating Probe / EFCC Probes Centenary City Project / N60bn Sale Proceeds: EFCC Probes Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by jydagirl(f): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2007
u guys don't be deceived.did't OBJ conceive and give birth to EFCC?so y shld a child persecute his father?since Jesus the son and God the father have never disagreed,what makes u think EFCC and OBJ will.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by jydagirl(f): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2007
u guys don't be deceived.did't OBJ conceive and give birth to EFCC?so y shld a child persecute his father?since Jesus the son and God the father have never disagreed,what makes u think EFCC and OBJ will.it's just a smoke screen.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by Razorr(f): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2007
Why was this article not in the news?
I don't buy It.
Another case of wuru-wuru, init? angry
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by jababy(m): 10:18am On Feb 21, 2007
what will his punishment be if they find him guilty, what will he stand to lose really apart from being called a corrupt leader which we already do?
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by Ndipe(m): 10:22am On Feb 21, 2007
Iydagirl, comparison is blasphemous.

I think EFCC probing Obasanjo is a joke, to 'trick' us into believing that there are not leaving any stones unturned in their quest to combat corruption. My reservations may be wrong, but at the same time, I really can't fault EFCC. For the first time or so, corrupt officials have now been given a face by EFCC
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by blackky187(m): 10:24am On Feb 21, 2007
This is an issue of who's fooling who. EFCC can't bite its master.Please let them forget about this their nonesense. angry
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by bolanle069(m): 10:28am On Feb 21, 2007
probing baba iyabo,i dont think its necessary.leave am he ll soon be leaving but lets tell him not 2 use EFCC as instrument again
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by frankiriri(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2007
EFCC no fit prosecute Obj. All that one na shakara.
Dem neva probe NPA and other agencies headed by friends of the government na Obj dem wan probe.
No be me dem go fool.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 21, 2007
I dont think you guys should get excited. Nothing will be found. If anything is found NOTHING will happen.

WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE THINGS AMISS THERE

I think people that think anything will happen are kidding themselves.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by zPixel(m): 11:49am On Feb 21, 2007
Anohter lie from the top
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by akara(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2007
L O L grin

untill it actually happens!
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by GNature(m): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2007
jydagirl:

since Jesus the son and God the father have never disagreed,what makes u think EFCC and OBJ will.it's just a smoke screen.

But my sister, how are you so sure that Jesus and God have never disagreed ? They get along pretty well, no doubt, but again, how do you know they have never ever disagreed ?
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by delvinmaya(m): 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2007
those of you against  ribadu, if you were in his shoes, would you have produced far reaching results like he has? International Nigerians are regarded as fraudsters and i don't blame them cos its in the Nigerian blood to  be fraudsters, or thieves, cos since we were born, it has been in our blood. Right from the hierarchy has there been corruption and in investigating obasanjo i would advice you not to count your eggs before they hatch, we don't know what is going to happen in the future.Let he or she who hasn't stolen meat from his mum's pot when a kid should cast the first stone. I commend Ribadu for his good Job and i say more grease to his elbow. Carry on Jo
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by delvinmaya(m): 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2007
razoor, why should you say that it is not in the news.all you have to do is check their site www.efccnigeria.org and why should it even be in the news when there are bigger news about the two warlords in aso rock?
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by olafemi(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2007
i think these whole thing is a set up for the EFCC to continue in the Yaradua's tenor
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by McDoe(m): 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2007
I believe that the EFCC is currently having credibility crisis. The involvement of the Presidency in almost every activity of the EFCC has further dampened our expectations. We all want corruption to be tackled head-on, but the modus operandi of the Agency empowered to carry out this very important task should be seen to be transparent and devoid of partiality. In other words, it should not be seen as a body that is out to do the scripts of the Presidency. The 'rumoured' investigation of the Master(President Obasanjo) is nothing but a smokescreen. We should expect nothing meaninful from such wasteful adventure. While I personally applaud the EFCC in some of its bold moves, the Chairman, Nuhu Ribadu should be advised to control his outbursts/utterances. His unguarded statements in various fora have largely earned him the title of a talkative and someone who acts on fantasies.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by IykeD1(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2007
He may be acting on fantasies to you, but not to some of us. I suppose Ribadu
is supposed to keep quiet and not make any comments at all, most especially
when the EFCC is being hammered every day from every angle.

Try run an organization especially a public one, don't pay attention to what the
media is saying or what is being said and lets see how effective you will be. PR
battles is almost equally as effective as putting people in handcuffs!
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by BigB11(m): 12:56am On Feb 22, 2007
Info from reliable source: This OBJ probing story was intentionally placed to keep people quiet while ATIKU's latest ambition gets destroyed.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by McDoe(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2007
Iyke-D, I didn't say Ribadu is not trying per se. My concern is the way the man conducts the biz of the Agency. In our constitution someone is assumed innocent of a crime until found guilty by a competent court of jurisdiction. I think, if there is any alleged corruption by any individual, the EFCC should conduct a thorough investigation. And with facts available to it, ask the courts to do the rest. In a situation where the EFCC is the investigator, the prosecutor and the juror leaves much to be desired. It is also wrong to try people on the pages of newspapers. Notwithstanding, the war has started, and we must achieve results.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by CrudeOil2(m): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2007
if efcc probes and prosecutes OBJ,i would do the same to my father and mother.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by shutmouth(m): 10:22am On Feb 22, 2007
if efcc probes and prosecutes OBJ,i would do the same to my father and mother.

I concur!!! Probe and prosecute OBJ
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by Tobiegal(f): 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2007
Who r u people fooling,
Yoruba talk say n i translate:

make dem dey deceive u,
make u dey deceive candle! grin

anybody dat can translate dat in yoruba shd pls do,
it makes more sense in yoruba anyways,

ma point is dat efcc=obj. qed.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by krazespy(m): 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2007
datz impossible, why? The so called EFCC is been setup by OBJ n 2 think dat they will turn around n probe HIM sounds FOOLISHHHHHH, undecided lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by monwuba(m): 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2007
How possible cud this be? Afterall, Ribadu is OBJ's boy.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by nnanugo(m): 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2007
of course EFCC will definately exonorate OBJ of any wrong doing. the truth is this EFCC is sure fighting corruption but this is also a fact, there are sacred people who cannot be touced. Did i hear u say Tony Annenih is such a one?
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by upson(m): 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2007
nnanugo:

of course EFCC will definately exonorate OBJ of any wrong doing. the truth is this EFCC is sure fighting corruption but this is also a fact, there are sacred people who cannot be touced. Did i hear u say Tony Annenih is such a one?

i can not but agree, na dem way be that.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by ugodaniel(m): 7:13pm On Feb 22, 2007
monwuba:

How possible cud this be? Afterall, Ribadu is OBJ's boy.

spot on!
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by LePhilippe(m): 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2007
I hear you!!
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by wetinde(m): 10:52pm On Feb 22, 2007
If Ibori can be cleared by EFCC then Obasanjo will definitely be declared innocent.

I bet you OBJ initiated this probe as part of his plan.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by LePhilippe(m): 10:54pm On Feb 22, 2007
This makes some sense!!
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by software(m): 2:15am On Feb 23, 2007
Pls Nigerians, Dont get Decieved by those reports. They are all prevarications. Ribadu wount even try it. They are just trying to set up something. i think they have a very big plan. But God will expose them like he has always done.
Re: EFCC Probes President Obasanjo by meta4(m): 2:20am On Feb 23, 2007
what do you think? do you really think that will bw a probe? or they just want to find a way of telling us that they carried out the probe and the president came out clean! what do you think

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Really Patriotic? / Fuel Now N110 Per-Litre In Imo State / Rivers Commissioner For Power Kidnapped With Three College Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.