Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes (13497 Views)

Non-Indigenes Of Lagos March To INEC Office To Demand PVCs (Pictured) / INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos / PDP Accuses INEC, APC Of Burning Non-indigenes' Pvcs In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by FBS: 9:16am On Mar 15, 2010
Coalition Issues 24-Hour Ultimatum to Non- indigenes

As the Court of Appeal sitting in Sokoto fixed tomorrow for judgment in the case between the Democratic Peoples Party (DPP) governorship candidate, Alhaji Maigari Dingyadi,  and Sokoto State Governor, Alhaji Aliyu Wamakko, a group, Sokoto State Youth Coalition,  has issued an ultimatum to non-indigenes and other religious groups to vacate the state within the next 24 hours for their safety, saying the condition will be disastrous if justice did not prevail.   

It also raised alarm over alleged plan by some unscrupulous individuals to influence the decision of the judiciary by all means and cautioned the judiciary to tow the path of truth and fairness, warning that the situation in Sokoto needs proper handling and mistakes should be avoided.

Addressing journalists in Sokoto at the weekend, its Chairman, Comrade Abubakar Salame,  said due to the peaceful and harmonious relationship existing between the indigenes and non indigenes, it had become imperative for non-indigenes to vacate the state for their safety, if justice is denied.

He maintained that people were ready to defend their franchise through the most acceptable process in modern times and threatened to make the state ungovernable, if justice is denied.   Salame stated that the association was aware of attempt by some unpatriotic individuals to tamper with the decision of the judiciary by all means, stressing that such acts will only lead to anarchy in the state.

“We are aware that certain individuals are exploiting all possible avenues to tamper with the decision. This we assure the nation will only lead to a massacre of the highest order, as our people are not going to fold their arms to see their rights trampled upon”.  He alleged that the group is aware that certain individuals are being sponsored by certain countries to create chaos and instability in the state and will not fold its arms and allow such thing to occur.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=168624
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by naso2(m): 9:27am On Mar 15, 2010
Are they trying to coerce the judiciary or what? besides wetin concern non-indigenes for the matter?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Afam(m): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2010
And who are these "certain individual"? Dem no get name?

As for massacre, I trust the Igbos there to defend themselves and/or carry out reprisal attacks in the SE. People should stop running away from these killers anytime they threaten to kill innocent people.

If the government has refused to defend the innocent civilians then the responsibility to do so must fall on the individuals who can arm and defend himself against all unprovoked attacks by their hosts.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by edoyad(m): 9:46am On Mar 15, 2010
I nor fit laugh. If There's anyone still not convinced with the 2012 prediction. . . . well undecided

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 15, 2010
i hope the police and army authority can act on the info before those almajiris go on their killing spree again

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by RichyBlacK(m): 9:51am On Mar 15, 2010
The determined match to failure continues unabated!

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by invisible2(m): 10:08am On Mar 15, 2010
All their indigenes should first leave other states with their cattle.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by ow11(m): 10:10am On Mar 15, 2010
FBS:

He maintained that people were ready to defend their franchise through the most acceptable process in modern times and threatened to make the state ungovernable, if justice is denied.   Salame stated that the association was aware of attempt by some unpatriotic individuals to tamper with the decision of the judiciary by all means, stressing that such acts will only lead to anarchy in the state.

This Salame guy is a turd! How does a bad judgement equate to killing Southerners and Christians?

Instead of this vampire to say he is seriously looking for a reason to kill people, he is making monkey noises on the pages of the newspaper. F'cukin eediots we live with

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by FBS: 10:15am On Mar 15, 2010
One would think that he should be under serious surveillance even if they cannot arrest him.

And I don't understand why non-indigenes should leave. Are they no longer Nigerians?
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by invisible2(m): 10:21am On Mar 15, 2010
People feel comfortable to make these kinds of noise in the open, it it not a strong case to lock his azz up for threat to life and property?
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by kidonig: 10:32am On Mar 15, 2010
What does it mean to be a non-indigene in your own country because you are not living in the place where your parents are from?? Obama was born in Hawaii and he is an Illinois senator although both of his parents are not from Illinois. does that mean that he is a non-indigene of Illinois?!!

Confused country. Even if 9ja breaks up, will the individual states like one another suddenly and throw away their indigene and non-indigene mentality?

Confused country!!
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by mansmith(m): 10:41am On Mar 15, 2010
what is the problem with our northern brother?why do they find it difficult to leave with so called fellow Nigerians peacefully?is it a psyche problem or a mental problem?i do not give a dam where my neighbor is from.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Bukittes(f): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2010
This is madness o! What has non-indigenes got to do with this feud btw the Governor and whoever? This is sad. Very sad indeed!!!!
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by babylishus: 10:51am On Mar 15, 2010
Oh for goodness sake! angry

So are they saying that this warning is meant for 'the safety' of the non-indegenes or is it a threat that if things get bad they will turn on non-indigenes first? Good grief, there is really fire on the mountain,
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by David2020(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2010
Bleep u all (Muslims, mumus). This is a religious cum ethnic war basically between North vs West/south/east. I will advocate for a reprisal attack on this animals. If there should be any such blood shed. and if they the notherners wants to break away, let them come out and say so rather than killing innocent souls. i know they will not cos they will suffer greatly. No oil they don't have a strong economic workforce. 30% handicapped, 60% illiterate. They will still need expatriates from the west, south and east to run their economy. They seem not to know the consequences of their actions. They want to turn Nigeria to Pakistan. Impossible! lailai. infact i will start with anihilating them from my area. with what they did in Jos, my anger is boiling against the northerners badly. What am saying is this, if they want to break out, let them come all out and say it rather than camouflaging under religion.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Ikengawo: 11:00am On Mar 15, 2010
These Hausa know the Igbo boys will melt the black off their skin if they do anything ridiculous.

Jos was an example. They bombed igbos for reasons beyond logic and igbos smoked those ugly ingrates out of every suya shop in sight

the result? they attack christian again, but in a rare instance, it was a non igbo village.

it's sad the Yoruba man is a born coward but if igbos have to be the vanguard of bravery and surivial of sanity in nigeria then we are more then up for the task. We have been stock piling russian weapons since 2000 and these guys are still swinging sticks and making noise.

I would love too see these uneducated cow blood drinking people try.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by asha80(m): 11:07am On Mar 15, 2010
Ikengawo:

These Hausa know the Igbo boys will melt the black off their skin if they do anything ridiculous.

Jos was an example. They bombed igbos for reasons beyond logic and igbos smoked those ugly ingrates out of every suya shop in sight

the result? they attack christian again, but in a rare instance, it was a non igbo village.

it's sad the Yoruba man is a born coward but if igbos have to be the vanguard of bravery and surivial of sanity in nigeria then we are more then up for the task. We have been stock piling russian weapons since 2000 and these guys are still swinging sticks and making noise.

I would love too see these uneducated cow blood drinking people try.

It is better to keep quiet than display your usual ignorance about nigeria.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by chosen04(f): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2010
Let them postpone the judgement and save the situation.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 15, 2010
At this stage in our democrazy, i can see some doesn't mean well 4 this country.So all d non indigene in my should knw be outkast or what.9ja grow up.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 15, 2010
At this stage in our democrazy, i can see some doesn't mean well 4 this country.So all d non indigene in my should knw be outkast or what.9ja grow up.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by ud4u: 11:18am On Mar 15, 2010
na_so:

Are they trying to coerce the judiciary or what? besides wetin concern non-indigenes for the matter?

Na the same question I dey ask too, I don tire for dis Aboki and their killings and they even boast of it. Abi den swear for them
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by chosen04(f): 11:19am On Mar 15, 2010
invisible!:

People feel comfortable to make these kinds of noise in the open, it it not a strong case to lock his azz up for threat to life and property?

Pls wake up. Do you think he just making an empty threats?

He has the support of his emirs, army, govt and the "governor?" as well as his jihadist followers. Its also possible the police commissioner is on his pay list.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Spyker: 11:22am On Mar 15, 2010
Well, all this is the result of colonialism. If the british did not join all of us together and give us a name like Nigeria (coined out of the Rivers Niger), i wonder if we would be in this mess. Come to think of it, why are they (the british) silent when it comes to issues dividing Nigeria (their own making).
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by BluMalam(m): 11:23am On Mar 15, 2010
_Just because this is reported by THISDAY does not make this report credible. This is because Sokoto is the most peaceful state in the north. I STRONGLY DOUBT

THAT ANY SOKOTO YOUTH ORG WILL HAVE THE GUTS TO MAKE SUCH A PRONOUNCEMENT. Except of course, he is being used as a mouthpiece for the current

governor/defendant who has been peeing in his pants since friday. They are just scared the judgement wont go in their favour, considering that the appeal court

defied the CJN and Judicial Institute stopping any further hearing of the case. Bottom line: They are just trying to intimidate the Judges so that the case can be

postponed or thrown out totally in the interest of Peace.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Ninapha(f): 11:27am On Mar 15, 2010
Yet some people are talking about one Nigeria.

Is this not an evidence that we dont belong to nation, culture and orientation.

Please let those who wish to be free from these trouble be given the opportunity to become thier own state Biafra, Arewa, Oduduwa.

By that we all become non -indegenes and respect each other.

At least when u are called non indegene, the adjective would perfectly match.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by mrperfect(m): 11:34am On Mar 15, 2010
Well, I guess non indigens they are refering to is non Nigerians.
I had been in Sokoto that state is peaceful state.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by chosen04(f): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2010
na_so:

FBS:

One would think that he should be under serious surveillance even if they cannot arrest him.

And I don't understand why non-indigenes should leave. Are they no longer Nigerians?

Pls be careful the way you guys talk to "people from the lineage of OTHMAN DAN FODIO". His great grand son, Sir AHAMDU BELLO was once quoted as saying====

"The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father Othman Dan Folio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use the minority in the north as a willing tools and the south as a conquered territories and never allow them to have control of the nature"
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Ikengawo: 11:44am On Mar 15, 2010
^i just got done reading this quote elsewhere.

these people are almost satanic in their strive to destroy and kill without shame
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by mrperfect(m): 11:45am On Mar 15, 2010
Let sees Sokoto that is known for peace will turn to something different-I doubt.
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by teskyg: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2010
SALAWE or who?who is he?LAW efforcement agency,what are you waiting for ,arrest that fool, they will formed deaf and dumb now until the threat is carried out,then go start the make arrest,

it is high time they pick theat fool up
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by honeric01(m): 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
Wetin dey worry these abokis sef? wetin concern non-Indigenes with PDP/ANPP feud?
Re: Sokoto: Coalition Issues 24-hour Ultimatum To Non-Indigenes by Johnnoo(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2010
this is not fair. how can we continue like this. . .?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Federal Govt, Stopped World Bank From Given More Loan To Lagos State Govt.. / ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ / Senate Moves To Upturn Odili’s Perpetual Injunction - The Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.