Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,854 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Letter To The Stigmatized From Anothernigerian (professor Johnbull) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Letter To The Stigmatized From Anothernigerian (professor Johnbull) (409 Views)

Actor Keirahe Rescues Viral Lady Abandoned, Stigmatized In Ajah, Lagos / Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me / Korede Bello Acts In "Professor Johnbull" With RMD, Angela Okorie, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Stigmatized From Anothernigerian (professor Johnbull) by MrThisandthat(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hello my Beloved Friend, wonderfully made one, extremely beautiful and mouthwatering awesome being. 

How are you doing today? How have you been able to cope with this world of ours that has chosen to place you in that wicked community?

How difficult has it been with mixing up with your once brotherhood or should I say sisterhood that you were so glad to have had in your neighborhood? 

I am sorry if I bring you memories that makes tears run down your cheek. Please forgive me. 

Writing you at this time became an obligation for me because of what I have noticed in my society, I saw what left me with little or no option than to fall back to my pen and paper to do the needful. 

You might not know me, seen me or ever heard of me, but I will always extend my love and care as far as it can go especially to you. I don't know you either but I know what you are going through. I have not been through what you are doing through but I have seen people going through same experience as you and I am glad they were able to open up to me I have read up so many stories too, none of them turned out funny. 

I wish I could just sit by you and listen to your own story as well. Even if it seems impossible, with this letter of mine I want you yo know that I AM WITH YOU. The listening ears you have sought for years is right in front of you, may not be physical but let us take a time out to thank our creator for social media because it has made the impossible possible. 

Beloved, I do not know what has made everyone around you treat you like an outcast, it could have been maybe an ailment, teenage pregnancy, past crime, your origin, health status, may be you are an ex convict or something. I can keep naming and name but let me not digress from the issue at hand. 

Let me tell you something before I continue, just bare in mind that most society we live in today have chosen not to give us a chance to turn a new leaf, yes a mistake was made and you found yourself in your situation. Now you have realized your mistakes but they can't even think of giving you a second chance. In some cases it might not be your mistake, maybe those before you committed a crime and ever since then because you share same origin with the offenders your society assumes you cannot be any different. Some even go as far as stigmatizing you for what you were born with, Oh what a wicked world we live in. 

It has become a thing of shame that in some cases the stigmatized turn out to be a very much better person than the "holier-than-thou" category. Some ladies who got pregnant at the very tender age of maybe 12 have on several occasions turned out to be a much relevant person in life than the ones who got pregnant in their husband's place at the "perfect age". I am not saying one should go ahead a commit atrocious acts as a child but it is not always their faults. The supposed holy ones will sit back, point fingers and laugh at the "never-to-do-well" child or should I say the wasted child forgetting that they have made the child understand that she has no option than to make the rest of her days the best. They might never be able to correct the mistake but they carve out an amazing ending far better than that of their mockers. I don't need to tell you stories, you can ask around or better still Google is your friend. 

You probably might have contracted an ailment that seems not to have cure, everyone is running away from you. Do you know what? All I can say is if they want to run, let them keep running but you have the unimaginable capability to make the run back to you and seek your attention. Don't give up because of the way they treat you, don't throw your potentials to the wind, so far you are alive the journey is just starting. Wake up everyday with a new beginning, life cannot be any better than what we create for ourselves. 

You committed a crime, they have put you behind the bars, they have punished you, they have let the authorities torture you. Now you are out and everyone seems to reject you, they completely dissociate themselves from you. I understand how bad you probably might be feeling, but if I must say, our community has become a place where the common turns out to be the normal, nobody wants to be the second scapegoat. If I may advise you, like I said earlier you have all it takes to prove them wrong, so far you are not pretending to have changed just keep your head up, your good deeds will answer for you in no time. If it gets too difficult to cope, there is definitely one or two out there who can still give you a chance, go to them prove to them you are now a different being. Their testimonies will help you back on your feet in the society. But in a case where there is none, just find that which makes you happy and never stop doing it, make sure it is not what put you in the state that you are. 

I don't know your community or where you live but I want to on their behalf ask for forgiveness from you not because they need it but because you need it. You need to let go off your grievances so there can be space within you to think and be creative. Put that grudge aside and make them see the wrong in what they have made you suffer. 

I will always have you in my mind, I love you but the most important love is the one you have for yourself. 

Let me just leave this here YOU ARE NEVER FINISHED, turn a new leaf and THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. Thank me later. 

Yours Truly. 

AnotherNigerian. 

Inspired by popular Nigeria TV series sponsored by Globacom Telecommunication Company, Nigeria.

PROFESSOR JOHNBULL (SEASON 4, EPISODE 13)

Source: http://www.anothernigerian.com/2017/10/letter-to-stigmatized-from.html?m=1#more

Re: Letter To The Stigmatized From Anothernigerian (professor Johnbull) by WealthPhillips(m): 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
Lalastica, Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Ghen Ghen: Tonto Dikeh And Hushpuppi Unfollow Each Other On Instagram / Content removed / Forbes Reveals That Musician Adele Is Among The Richest Human On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.