Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! (45449 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins His 2nd Player Of The Month Award In Saudi League (Pix) / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Zeeeeeeek(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
Cr7 will win it again, not because he is better dan messi but because of his team mate, d blame shld go solely to barca board who surrounds messi wt useless players, yes I lik Cr7 Buh Messi remains d best futballer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by KingRex1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
LesbianBoy:
That Messi cannot play ball abeg!

How can you be leading someone 4 - 1

And now the person has equalled it 5 - 5

Otuoshi! *spits* angry
Because he's a defender bah.. Mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
cstr1000:

Don't you think it is because Ronaldo is no longer being made the epicentre of the team that Madrid is struggling?
Zidane needs to be careful. Go back to the basics and make CR7 the centrepiece of his football policy and Real Madrid will stop struggling.
hmmmm.. Just look at the angle which you are watching football from.. Bros, do you know why manchester city is doing well this season? Because gaurdiola realised he has good players with potentials and helped them to play with themselves. That's why it is called a team. How do you expect all those very good players with great potentials working hard only for ronaldo to be the only one getting crowned from thier effort, hun? Do you think it's something good for them? Of course not. This is football, those players surrounding ronaldo are just too good believe me, they want to be noticed too.. The only few players that i know doesn't care to get noticed in madrid are those midfielders and their defenders but the likes of isco, ascensio, they want to get noticed too. They just can't be working for someone.. Look at bale, it was ronaldo that ruin his carreer, bale is a promising player we all know that. But because it's all about ronaldo, his career died down.. These guys are young and probably doesn't want that. So i blame no one, unless zidane would sell them.. As open as messsi is to his team mate, he'd look out for them, make sure they get their own glory, neymar still left because of him, because he believes that with messi, there's nothing for him and he is a promising player. That's just the problem with real madrid, ronaldo is not all that good at praising his team mate for his success when he can't actually do it by himself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by DarkRebel69: 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
cameeeeel:
The best Messi should have won Champions League for his club. The best Messi should have broken the wall of Roman Gladiator (Juventus).

This is an ignorant statement. Football is a collective sport, not an individual venture. It's not lawn tennis, nor is it sumo wrestling. You don't win Champions League for your club, especially if your club is not one particularly keen on winning.

If Messi didn't win the CL and Ronaldo did, it doesn't make Ronaldo the better performer. It only means Real Madrid as a unit were better than FC Barça. (Which really is why Ronaldo won the award, and not because he was exceptionally bright)

Can you honestly say Messi's performance at the Copa America pales in comparison to Ronaldo's performance at the Euro 2016? Even though Ronaldo won the Euros (he didn't even play more than 15 minutes in the final game) and Messi did not win Copa America, Messi's individual input was far superior to that of Ronaldo's. (Portugal as a unit deserve the accolades, not Ronaldo, who was sub-par all through the competition.)

Statistics show that Messi was the better of the two when the individual performances of both players are juxtaposed, so I really shouldn't be having this conversation with you. After all, experience has shown that Nairalanders are hardly of the habit of responding to logic.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by cameeeeel(m): 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maiconyoung:
If Messi wasn't competing why does he look drenched after a loss? If he has anoda game to up, wia was dat game against Chile and Germany? Do u knw who will die on d pitch if he tries to go above his strength? Dat is Messi nt Ronaldo. Messi should up dat game he has according 2 u let's see who will be out 4 a season.
i tire for them ooo... they keep saying Messi is not in competition with nobody. he should just sit down at his home nd never step his foots on pitch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
davoremix:
lol, this is the most stupid Shit I've read all my life
and why is it stupid mr ronaldo fanatic?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Mediapace: 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
Drabeey:
But ojoro dey this thing ooo.

Africa players no dey!

fifa. we wee not take this!

Drabeey was HERE

There is

A Togolese player
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ask am abeg.
oisujeh:

Boss football has its ups and downs, where is Luis Suarez this season, is he still playing for Barcelona?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by blueAgent(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
LazyNairalander:

why are you contradicting yourself?

Trash.

How did i contradict myself?

Let me re-phrase it for you i understand that English is not your mother or uncle tongue.Lol....

Ronaldo has learnt how to many score goals while Messi has learnt to play total football including scoring goals and playing exicting beautiful, art as football.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by blueAgent(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
swiz123:

By getting injured in the final? grin grin

Ronaldo is just the best striker. When it comes to all round football, he is just an average player

I concur.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
cameeeeel:
The best Messi should have won Champions League for his club. The best Messi should have broken the wall of Roman Gladiator (Juventus).
Madrid beat Juve from the Midfield. CR7 only benefits from the set-up! Madrid did not only break Juve's wall. They play them out of thier positions . Infact all Madrid players deserve to be in FIFpro 11. It is shallow to attribute all Zizou exploit to CR7. Ronaldo only benefits from the set-up! Madrid won the league even in games where CR7 was rested. It is a team masterclass! Messi is a name all Ronaldo fans hate because he is the only player whose career's goal+assists/games stats trump CR7. How someone with such stats at a younger age do not work hard(according to their logic) still amaze me. Ronaldo should pray for another fantastic team work next season because that is the secret of his HARDWORK!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Sanchase: 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
All the persons comparing Cris and Messi i hail o.

How do you compare two persons when the difference is clear. You need to pull your heads off your backside to really see who is the best player.

Football pattern in Spain, Italy, England and Germany are very different, even moving from Enyimba to Kano pillars is different compared to moving countries. A performer in Spain may go to Germany and flop big time. A legend is a legend irrespective of country or club, A tested legend is different from a legend.

With these illustrations we can now come to a conclusion that this person is better than the other person full stop.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
Had it been Messi dat won dis award, the award would have been true bt Ronaldo won it, and it is nw a scam. Messi competes alot, jst dat d tin no d catch at times.
cameeeeel:
i tire for them ooo... they keep saying Messi is not in competition with nobody. he should just sit down at his home nd never step his foots on pitch.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by shakswealth(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
congrats to him.
check my signature.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by rapheeky(m): 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Do u watch football ?lolx

Dis is y ronaldo is better dan messi
1 he has a good hair cut
2 he heads d ball well becos he's taller
3 he has more followers in social media
4 he has an underwear clothing line
5 he has two hotels ,messi has one

Here's y messi is better
1 messi has better goal ratio
2 best assist
3 best chances created
4 Best dribbler
5 best fk taker now
6 has better accuracy
7 scores from outside more
8 can play in many positions
9 a wonderful passer of d ball

SO TELL ME ...IF U WERE ASKED TO CHOSE WHO U GO TAKE

FOR ME U WILL CHOSE RONALDO.
cstr1000:

Ronaldo to me is simply better. He does everything messi does and more. He is by far more efficient, and more adaptive to different systems.
I will pick Ronaldo in my team over messi anyday especially if I need to win.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
DarkRebel69:

This is an ignorant statement. Football is a collective sport, not an individual venture. It's not lawn tennis, nor is it sumo wrestling. You don't win Champions League for your club, especially if your club is not one particularly keen on winning.

If Messi didn't win the CL and Ronaldo did, it doesn't make Ronaldo the better performer. It only means Real Madrid as a unit were better than FC Barça. (Which really is why Ronaldo won the award, and not because he was exceptionally bright)

Can you honestly say Messi's performance at the Copa America pales in comparison to Ronaldo's performance at the Euro 2016? Even though Ronaldo won the Euros (he didn't even play more than 15 minutes in the final game) and Messi did not win Copa America, Messi's individual input was far superior to that of Ronaldo's. (Portugal as a unit deserve the accolades, not Ronaldo, who was sub-par all through the competition.)

Statistics show that Messi was the better of the two when the individual performances of the both of them are juxtaposed, so I really shouldn't be having this conversation with you. After all, experience has shown that Nairalanders are hardly of the habit of responding to logic.
GBAM.. I tire for them ooo.. I don't know why these people can't just differentiate between a team work and individual performance.. Because barcelona wasn't good last season means Messi is not good. Ronaldo is taking the glory of all the players in real madrid and he is not even praising his team mate for that which it's why madrid is having problem this season.. The likes of isco and ascencio doesn't want ronaldo to be taking their glory.. Abi, after they work hard for you and help you become the highest goal scorer you'd still not thank them instead you'd be competing with messi that doesn't send you up and down. I tire for ronaldo and his fans, ehn.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by rapheeky(m): 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
Madrid won d league cos of morata and James ....with their late gols .
eni4real:
Madrid beat Juve from the Midfield. CR7 only benefits from the set-up! Madrid did not only break Juve's wall. They play them out of thier positions . Infact all Madrid players deserve to be in FIFpro 11. It is shallow to attribute all Zizou exploit to CR7. Ronaldo only benefits from the set-up! Madrid won the league even in games where CR7 was rested. It is a team masterclass! Messi is a name all Ronaldo fans hate because he is the only player whose career's goal+assists/games stats trump CR7. How someone with such stats at a younger age do not work hard(according to their logic) still amaze me. Ronaldo should pray for another fantastic team work next season because that is the secret of his HARDWORK!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Saintsquare(m): 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
Many people here are hypocrites, all this years when Messi was enjoying the help of Xavi and Iniesta ,football wasn't a teamwork, now CR7 is winning accolades Na the team dey help am.2010 Sneijder and Iniesta deserved world best haven won UCL and Fifa world cup respectively but was given to Messi still y'all kept quiet. This life Na turn by turn,if you think euro is easy then why didn't England, Spain or Germany win while Chile was pummeling Argentina back to back to the extend that Messi was sent on early retirement out of frustration.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by cameeeeel(m): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Can you honestly say Messi's performance at the Copa America pales in comparison to Ronaldo's performance at the Euro 2016. Even though Ronaldo won the Euros (he didn't even play full-time in the final) and Messi did not win Copa America, Messi's individual input was far superior to that of Ronaldo. (Portugal as a unit deserve the accolades, not Ronaldo, who was sub-par all through the competition.)

Statistics show that Messi was the better of the two when the individual performances of the both of them are juxtaposed, so I really shouldn't be having this conversation with you. After all, experience has shown that many Nairalanders hardly respond to logic.
it's acceptable that Messi is the best of his generation...but you guys seem to blindly ignore the hardwork of a Man who competes with Messi in all ramifications..i can still imagine if Ronaldo was not in Messi era.. Messi could av won the award ten times consecutively. truth be told, kudos to Ronaldo for always wanted to better his last season all the time. saying Ronaldo didn't perform well at Euro 2016 though he performed below his bar was ignorant nd blind statement. don't quickly forget his two goals against Hungary nd his Header against Wales in semi final enroute to the final. Logic is useless when it's attached with sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
We all have our logics bro. Had all of us said congrats and left or those pained in d ass had jst by-passed without condemning d award, dis long talk 4 no d, bt they wan2 say Ronaldo had no impact, bt he crossed Madrid over Bayern and Atletico in Ucl, we all saw it.
DarkRebel69:

Statistics show that Messi was the better of the two when the individual performances of the both players are juxtaposed, so I really shouldn't be having this conversation with you. After all, experience has shown that Nairalanders are hardly of the habit of responding to logic.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
cameeeeel:
why don't you tell the likes of bill gate, aliko dangote to just sit down at home since they are already rich and relax at home. Or your very self, you should stop going to work since you are already contented with what you have. That's such an ignorant comment sir.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by zainkay: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2017
I think we neutral fans know the Best among the two

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by blueAgent(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Statistics show that Messi was the better of the two when the individual performances of the both players are juxtaposed, so I really shouldn't be having this conversation with you. After all, experience has shown that Nairalanders are hardly of the habit of responding to logic.

I concur.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by cameeeeel(m): 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
GBAM.. I tire for them ooo.. I don't know why these people can't just differentiate between a team work and individual performance.. Because barcelona wasn't good last season means Messi is not good. Ronaldo is taking the glory of all the players in real madrid and he is not even praising his team mate for that which it's why madrid is having problem this season.. The likes of isco and ascencio doesn't want ronaldo to be taking their glory.. Abi, after they work hard for you and help you become the highest goal scorer you'd still not thank them instead you'd be competing with messi that doesn't send you up and down. I tire for ronaldo and his fans, ehn.
please, i urge you to stand corrected... Ronaldo has never won any award without mentioning or thanking his team mates, coache nd staff...av u ever watch any FIFA THE BEST event or Ballon d Or event.. this could have saved your blind statement...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by rapheeky(m): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
Messi was been helped by xavi?...dude every player in a team has a role to play ...and dats d problem of Argentina today ...most players don't know their role .messi was still d best player in barca den ...he takes in 6 players in his own.xavi was just and orchestra ,iniesta.....dude dat was wen FIFA was all abt Individual performance. 2010,2011,2012....was messis best season ever . dude was on fire and don't forget he gave barca d laliga and copa I guess . iniesta was good ,sniejder was good. BT messi had more gols and assist and a better Individual performance... Ronaldo doesnt deserve 3 of dis awards he's won already .BT Bleep it .wetin man go do.
Saintsquare:
Many people here are hypocrites, all this years when Messi was enjoying the help of Xavi and Iniesta ,football wasn't a teamwork, now CR7 is winning accolades Na the team dey help am.2010 Sneijder and Iniesta deserved world best haven won UCL and Fifa world cup respectively but was given to Messi still y'all kept quiet. This life Na turn by turn,if you think euro is easy then why didn't England, Spain or Germany win while Chile was pummeling Argentina back to back to the extend that Messi was sent on early retirement out of frustration.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
Should go by individual performance? Then Neymar takes it. Ronaldo delivered wen Madrid needed him bt Messi was lucky to even get past PSG.
psalmhorah:
champions league=ballon d'or
lol ..no doubt ...
I don't think ballon d'or is based on individual performance anymore... more trophies ..more ballon d'or
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by cameeeeel(m): 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
eni4real:
when a team plays collectively better, they require one man who will put the ball back the net... nd that is where Ronaldo comes in...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Saintsquare(m): 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
rapheeky:
Messi was been helped by xavi?...dude every player in a team has a role to play ...and dats d problem of Argentina today ...most players don't know their role .messi was still d best player in barca den ...he takes in 6 players in his own.xavi was just and orchestra ,iniesta.....dude dat was wen FIFA was all abt Individual performance. 2010,2011,2012....was messis best season ever . dude was on fire and don't forget he gave barca d laliga and copa I guess . iniesta was good ,sniejder was good. BT messi had more gols and assist and a better Individual performance... Ronaldo doesnt deserve 3 of dis awards he's won already .BT Bleep it .wetin man go do.
When Xavi and Iniesta were playing there role well messi enjoyed it well ,now modric is playing he's role well make CR7 too enjoy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2017
oisujeh:

Baba not mind am, CR that scored against elite teams in the UCL starting from the quarter finals

Because UCL started from quater finals.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maiconyoung:
Had it been Messi dat won dis award, the award would have been true bt Ronaldo won it, and it is nw a scam. Messi competes alot, jst dat d tin no d catch at times.
is he always wanting goals like our brother ronaldo? I know you would say yes but please tell me how many times mr ronaldo has ever pass a penalty kick to a fellow team mate to score instead. Messi competes with nobody oga. Even the whole fifa body knows Messi is way too better than any footballer in this era. To compare someone with maradona and pele, you think say na joke? I bet you never know those two living legends. They are beast when it comes to football (soccer).

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by cameeeeel(m): 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
why don't you tell the likes of bill gate, aliko dangote to just sit down at home since they are already rich and relax at home. Or your very self, you should stop going to work since you are already contented with what you have. That's such an ignorant comment sir.
as it was such an ignorant comment saying Messi is not competing with anybody...life itself is competition.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger / Osaze Odemwingie Becomes A Professional Golf Player After Quitting Football / Sergino Dest Leaves Club's Training Camp In Qatar Amid Iran Tensions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.