Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! (45419 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins His 2nd Player Of The Month Award In Saudi League (Pix) / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) / C. Ronaldo Wins UEFA Men's Player Of The Year, Thanks Teammates On Instagram Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by cameeeeel(m): 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
eni4real:
Give them Morata, Lewandoski or a good striker like Harry Kane. They will even finish better than Ronaldo in that set-up. Ronaldo only scored 2 goals in the group stage of the UCL, so how did they top thier group? Answer: Anybody can score in that group. Marcelo, Morata, Isco just name it. They were fantastic! That team could score many goals even when CR7 is not in good form. Ronaldo is a great player, no doubt but he really enjoyed legend status in that Madrid team and benefit from many assists that even the "assister" could score if he decided to go solo. Is Messi a better player? You decide!
he scored two goals in group stage as well as TEN (10) GOALS IN THE LAST FIVE GAMES OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE... FIVE AGAINST BAYERN, THREE AGAINST ATLETICO MADRID AND TWO AGAINST JUVENTUS....the capitalized words were what i expect from you to say in addition to only two goals of group stage u mentioned Bros

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
Simple congrats fa.
ebukahandsome:
Any mofo that is not in support of ronaldo winning this should go and drink hypo.. Annually you keep dying on top one person mata yet, he keep prooving his worth. .
Simply type "congratulations" and throw your bias logics to the birds or rather ignore the topic. Idiots will come here, open their rotten months to talk rubbish as if their comments are rellivant. .

RONALDO IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE
Dickheads
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by cameeeeel(m): 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
Suspect33:
what did u smoke? Did you watch him against eibar? Ronaldo is finished
Did u also watch him against Dortmurd, Tottenham, Apoel Nicosia, Barcelona first leg of Spanish Super Copa or against Getafe.... Ronaldo will come more better than ever
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
None of us watch'd Pele play'd so don't form with dat abeg, mention 2 players dat pass'd penalty kicks to team mates and give instances of 3 occasions messi did dat, if Fifa knew messi is d current best player, u wouldn't have seen Ronaldo dia.
Luxuryconsult:
is he always wanting goals like our brother ronaldo? I know you would say yes but please tell me how many times mr ronaldo has ever pass a penalty kick to a fellow team mate to score instead. Messi competes with nobody oga. Even the whole fifa body knows Messi is way too better than any footballer in this era. To compare someone with maradona and pele, you think say na joke? I bet you never know those two living legends. They are beast when it comes to football (soccer).

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
eni4real:
Madrid play for Ronaldo, Messi play for Barcelona. This award is due to dynamics of Madrid as a team not the ability of Ronaldo as the greatest! Messi is better than CR7 and he is not obsessed with individual honors as his rival who rely on goals to arouse football audience! Zizou Madrid!

And Messi told you that?

Nigerians... Make una dey talk wetin una know na.
. Messi worshippers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
Saintsquare:
I asked how much,just answer pls

Its still less than Bale's so whats your point?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by iknidollar: 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
angryTO B SINCERE MESSI AND CR7 ARE THE BEST PLAYER EVER(for now).

THE god is CR7

The outstanding(but not god) guy is MESSI

TO CALL THE TRUTH THE REAL TRUTH
CR7 act like a god in FOOTBALL.
Y
MESSI A MAN WITH(ALIEN BLOOD) NOT ORDINARY.

NEXT B'DOR IT'S CR7 PROPERTY.

IF AM TO PICK 2018 PLAYER FOR ANY AWARD AGAIN, CR7 AND MESSI SHOULD FORGET IT THEY WILL NOT BE NOMINATED EVEN WIN THEY no go seeeeeeeeee.

make their junior brother win am na haba. olojukokoro personssss. angry angryTO B SINCERE MESSI AND CR7 ARE THE BEST PLAYER EVER(for now).

THE god is CR7

The outstanding(but not god) guy is MESSI

TO CALL THE TRUTH THE REAL TRUTH
CR7 act like a god in FOOTBALL.
Y
MESSI A MAN WITH(ALIEN BLOOD) NOT ORDINARY.

NEXT B'DOR IT'S CR7 PROPERTY.

IF AM TO PICK 2018 PLAYER FOR ANY AWARD AGAIN, CR7 AND MESSI SHOULD FORGET IT THEY WILL NOT BE NOMINATED EVEN WIN THEY no go seeeeeeeeee.

make their junior brother win am na haba. olojukokoro personssss.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by cameeeeel(m): 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
zainkay:
He's just been voted the world's best player by his peers but there is no doubt that Ronaldo's out of form and will have to step up his game
Cristiano Ronaldo is again the best player in the world. That’s a fact even if right now it might not feel like it.
Cast your eye around Europe and you get the impression that maybe Lionel Messi or Kevin De Bruyne or Dries Mertens or Thiago Alcantara or Neymar deserves that title more based on their form.
CR7 15/8 to be CL top scorer
Harry Kane, Robert Lewandowski or Edinson Cavani might claim it on their goals.
But it’s Ronaldo; perhaps the only man who can claim to be “The Best” without actually being at his best.
"He hasn’t scored as much as Messi up to this moment but he had a wonderful season and won the Champions League," says former Portugal team-mate Nuno Gomes.
"At the start of the season he was suspended so he missed a lot of games but I think he’s now coming back. I think he will have a wonderful season again.
"For us as Portuguese it’s important to have Cristiano at a good moment to arrive in the World Cup."
No doubt Ronaldo’s record of only one goal scored in five La Liga matches is in part responsible for Real Madrid’s underwhelming start to the season. Sunday passed with another relatively anonymous league display, this time against Eibar where he failed to trouble the opposition goalkeeper.
He has been in better touch in Europe where his goals against APOEL, Borussia Dortmund and Tottenham have helped Real to top spot in the group but far, far bigger tests are to come.
And what Ronaldo has repeatedly shown in the last few years is the bigger the game the more likely he will dominate it.
It’s Messi who is the world’s best goal scorer for 2017 with a total of 36 scored but – ultimately – what have they been worth?
When Messi scored the late winner at the Bernabeu and held aloft his No.10 shirt for the locals to see, that was an iconic moment.
But Ronaldo and Real still won the league – their first since 2012 and half of their first league and European Cup double for 60 years.
Besides, Ronaldo has far more iconic moments for the year and far more important ones too.
He matched Messi’s shirt-off stunt by netting a stunner in the Spanish Super Cup at Camp Nou. His was far more dramatic.
He scored all three goals in the last-ever Liga derby at the Vicente Calderon against Atletico Madrid. That place, and not just the Bernabeu, is his house. He got another treble in the Club World Cup final against Kashima Antlers in December.
It was in the Champions League where Ronaldo really earned this award. He scored only two goals in his first eight matches of the competition last season but arguably the greatest factor in Real’s run to the title was Ronaldo’s return to form.
He followed up two goals in the quarter-final first leg against Bayern Munich with a hat-trick in the second. He scored another in the opening leg of the first leg against Atletico; another hat-trick that is, not another goal.
And then came the crowning glory. Many inside Juventus figured this would be their year to end their own Champions League drought. But the moment Ronaldo scored his first inside the Principality Stadium in Cardiff they must surely have realised the task was too much.
Ronaldo has an insistence on embedding himself right into the centre of any narrative. From the moment he slotted his second it was inevitable.
Outscored by Messi, out-performed by team-mates who could legitimately claim to be more deserving of this award– Luka Modric chief among them – there is still the reality that any time you glance at a big match on the TV it’s Ronaldo there hogging the screen and the headlines.
It’s all well and good netting in August, September and October but the meaningful prizes are not given out until May and June.
"I believe Cristiano and Real Madrid will be better after the winter break," says Gomes. "Sometimes for one reason or another, things don’t go well from the beginning. Even when they start not very good they do very well."
Madrid as a whole will probably begin to peak in the spring and don’t be surprised when Ronaldo again makes a mockery of the analysis of his form coming this autumn.
He has swapped year-long consistency for impact only when it’s all on the line. “The Best” is yet to come.
Thanks to Goal.com
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by 8stargeneral: 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
swiz123:

By getting injured in the final? grin grin

Ronaldo is just the best striker. When it comes to all round football, he is just an average player

Please, go to YouTube, search "10 reasons why C. Ronaldo is the greates." Educate yourself. Watch and see...

All the comments I see here are just sentimental talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Tosyn007(m): 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maiconyoung:
Even messi got most of his as highest trophy collector especially UCL. so no be new tin.

At those times when we won, mention one player who has outplayed/outperformed during each of the season?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
cameeeeel:
he scored two goals in group stage as well as TEN (10) GOALS IN THE LAST FIVE GAMES OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE... FIVE AGAINST BAYERN, THREE AGAINST ATLETICO MADRID AND TWO AGAINST JUVENTUS....the capitalized words were what i expect from you to say in addition to only two goals of group stage u mentioned Bros
I understand you! Nobody cares how those goals were scored and under which circumstances he scored them. The team performed great, he only benefit from the superiority of Madrid game over thier opponents and selfless team mates who feed him with necessary assists to keep up (and beat) the leader of the goal scoring chart of the tournament!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maiconyoung:
Praising team mates has nothing to do with wat we are talking about. U talk abt messi passing to team mates? Dat is b'cos he have beta goalscorers around, how many of dem are in Madrid? Benzema to Suarez? Isco to Neymar? Or Modric to Iniesta? All in terms of goal scoring though.
it seems it's really been long you watched barcelona on the pitch.. Suarez is almost as dead as benzema is for the past two season now, he only score some goals and miss alot.. So i see no difference between them, sometimes when watching suarez this days you'd develop headache.. And isco to neymar, do you know isco is more consistent that neymar, i bet you don't know.. Neymar plays according to his mood when he was in barcelona, whenever he is in mood to play, you'd see him play very well but sometimes when he is not, you'd wish he can just leave the team.. Infact i am glad he left barcelona because he is a big expensive problem.. Sometimes you'd rely on him and his mood is not playing. And you comparing modric (young and still energetic) to pa iniesta that old man is kinda funny sir, don't you see iniesta is having mich flaws this days, thanks to experience.. Real madrid can kill any team without ronaldo.. They had morata back then i hope you didn't forget? Ronaldo took his chances.. Real madrid has been the best team in the world since two years ago i repeat. Same thing that happened to barcelona few tears back when they can beat real madrid 5-2 and 6-1. I hope you remember.. So nothing spectacular bros.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2017
I neva said Messi didn't bt i saw sum1 (if nt u) on ur side saying wat glorifies Ronaldo is goals while Messi is a beta footballer, bt u guys 4got dat Okocha was a great footballer bt, hw many pipu knw abt him in world football? B'cos of low goal count.
jstbeinhonest:

Messi Had More Goals.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Heavance(m): 11:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
JiffyNaija:
The Charismatic Striker has finally equalled his arch-rival, Lionel Messi, by beating him to the Ballon d'Or awards!

One word: LEGEND!

Let's give correct info ...
This is the Fifa world player of the year (yeah, number one award) where did you see Ballon D'or (which is the European player of the year award) in London? or has France Magazine told you they have awarded it to CR7?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by theNOISEmaker: 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
JiffyNaija:
The Charismatic Striker has finally equalled his arch-rival, Lionel Messi, by beating him to the Ballon d'Or awards!

point of correction, its FIFA BEST not BALLON D'OR.. fifa has already seperated itself from ballon d'or.. ballon dor ceremony is next year january
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Maximus85(m): 11:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
JiffyNaija:

And the mods made this first page? Isn't this a misinformation? This is not the ballon d'or. Fifa best is different. The award has been separated in two.
Informed mods in deed.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Theflash98: 11:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
it seems it's really been long you watched barcelona on the pitch.. Suarez is almost as dead as benzema is for the past two season now, he only score some goals and miss alot.. So i see no difference between them, sometimes when watching suarez this days you'd develop headache.. And isco to neymar, do you know isco is more consistent that neymar, i bet you don't know.. Neymar plays according to his mood when he was in barcelona, whenever he is in mood to play, you'd see him play very well but sometimes when he is not, you'd wish he can just leave the team.. Infact i am glad he left barcelona because he is a big expensive problem.. Sometimes you'd rely on him and his mood is not playing. And you comparing modric (young and still energetic) to pa iniesta that old man is kinda funny sir, don't you see iniesta is having mich flaws this days, thanks to experience.. Real madrid can kill any team without ronaldo.. They had morata back then i hope you didn't forget? Ronaldo took his chances.. Real madrid has been the best team in the world since two years ago i repeat. Same thing that happened to barcelona few tears back when they can beat real madrid 5-2 and 6-1. I hope you remember.. So nothing spectacular bros.

i think you smoked weed..isco is more consistent than neymar lmao

who saved you against psg last season?

neymar has been compnsistent for the last 5 years

you are happy you sell him?.hope you are happy nw with dembele,deulofeu and dead suarez.smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Saintsquare(m): 11:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

Its still less than Bale's so whats your point?
I know Suarez is 10m lesser but neymar is more expensive,do you know why I call y'all barca fans here hypocrites? all your excuse to downgrade CR7 award is what you try to justify messi's losing it.Everything y'all being saying about CR7 is applicable to messi but hatred has clouded that from you people.
When Blatter openly criticized CR7 and hail Messi, that very moment CR7 started working harder, not to beat Messi but to shame critics, that's why he was full of tears when he won the 2nd ballon'dor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Maximus85(m): 11:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
Heavance:

This is the Fifa world player of the year (yeah, number one award) where did you see Ballon D'or (which is the European player of the year award) in London? or has France Magazine told you they have awarded it to CR7?

In as much as you are correct, the ballon d'or is for Ronaldo already. Pls don't cry yet.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by theNOISEmaker: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2017
Heavance:

exactly what i was trying to say.. but ronaldo will still be awarded the award sha..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by kingxsamz(m): 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2017

-Ronaldo is the best

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by zainkay: 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maiconyoung:
I neva said Messi didn't bt i saw sum1 (if nt u) on ur side saying wat glorifies Ronaldo is goals while Messi is a beta footballer, bt u guys 4got dat Okocha was a great footballer bt, hw many pipu knw abt him in world football? B'cos of low goal count.
Are you a ronaldo fan boy or a football fan
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
cstr1000:

Ronaldo is supremely talented. Danny Dinkwater is hard working but he will never be like Kross or be listed in FIFPRO 11.
Ronaldo's talent along with his high level of discipline and work input has made him the greatest of his generation.

Best comment so far. Bros, you know football.
They keep talking like other footballers aren't hardworking... Wetin sef.

When Ronaldo was busy in England taking on 4-5 players with ease, they suddenly forget. When he came to Spain and was doing the same, it meant nothing to them.... Just because an intelligent man decided to change his game and focus more on goal scoring, he is now a man of no talent but hard work...

Please, for all those who talk about Ronaldo not having natural talent, go to YouTube and feed your ignorance.
Ronaldo is a bag load of talent and he improved on his talent to become the machine he is today.

Tell me one thing that Messi does that Ronaldo can not do, and I will tell you three things that Ronaldo does which Messi will never even dream of doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maiconyoung:

Did Zidane have a high goal count? what about Maradona? Ronaldinho? Xavi? Iniesta?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Heavance(m): 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maximus85:

In as much as you are correct, the ballon d'or is for Ronaldo already. Pls don't cry yet.
CR7 is a clear favorite to retain the award.
Just give correct info, this award is bigger than Ballon D'or, hr has already pulled level with Messi as 5 times world player of the year. Just correct info please
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
I watch'd barca vs espanyol and then real betis if am nt mistaken, with lisbon dat is all and saw suarez is dead, and modric is 32 if am nt mistaken jst 2 months or thereabt ago, bt my comparison is majorly nt dis season cos dis season didn't give birth to this award.
Luxuryconsult:
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Doluseun(m): 11:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
Maiconyoung:
Praising team mates has nothing to do with wat we are talking about. U talk abt messi passing to team mates? Dat is b'cos he have beta goalscorers around, how many of dem are in Madrid? Benzema to Suarez? Isco to Neymar? Or Modric to Iniesta? All in terms of goal scoring though.

Are you aware that Cr7 has the highest number of assist in UCL.?
This one wey you just dey shout sey he nor dey help him team mates, I taya for you.
He has the highest number of goals scored outside the box, highest number of free kicks scored , highest number number goals scored by head.
Messi only dust him by dribbling and assist I laliga.
So what are you saying since
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
Are they Africans? Their goal count apart 4rm xavi and iniesta is beta dan Okocha and they never won world best, d oda two are very influential like Ronaldo, jst dat Ronaldo score more so goalscoring dat u guys like criticizing Ronaldo for, is nt easy. Dat is my point bro.
jstbeinhonest:

Did Zidane have a high goal count? what about Maradona? Ronaldinho? Xavi? Iniesta?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Phi001(m): 11:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
cameeeeel:
Has Messi won Copa American for his nation
How is that one my concern?

I simply replied a post.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
Theflash98:

i think you smoked weed..isco is more consistent than neymar lmao

who saved you against psg last season?

neymar has been compnsistent for the last 5 years

you are happy you sell him?.hope you are happy nw with dembele,deulofeu and dead suarez.smh
i shake my head for you bros.. Why are you comparing isco with neymar in terms of consistency? Why? Neymar is a moody player bros.. Okay let me ask you this.. Now we all know his mood was with him against psg, fine.. But do you know why barcelona didn't eventually win the league last season? I bet not, it's all thanks to neymar, he ought to give the winning goal against madrid in the first leg, but no, he spoilt it, the chances of topping madrid was also there against malaga, it's all thanks to neymar too that played every rubiish that led to his red card that day.. This guy knows that when it comes to Kameni, Messi and Ronaldo are always denied, he was the best chance to help the team that day, but no. He spoilt it. Do you know that if barcelona had won that match, the league would have been theirs? I bet you don't know. The only player that can never be replaced in barcelona till tommorrow is dani alves. Neymar can go to hell with his moody playing style. If he is not careful he might not win anything meaningful throughout his carreer. I am just praying hazard and coutinho would come to la liga to play, only then would that neymar knows it's not good to play according to mood.

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The World's Best Player Award! by menace1: 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
don't mind the guy jare.. I bet he didn't follow the euro.. Ronaldo and his team that only won the cup by luck. The cup was just a gift from God to ronaldo cuz there'd be nothing more for him again. Best looser that won the competition.. Isn't if funny.. One thing the fans of that ronaldo do not understand is that he is the one competing with messi.. Messi does not care, he is just playing football as he enjoys it. Ronaldo is always in competition mode, always. And no one is competing with him. That was why he got injured and he start crying in the final of that euro. Messi is an alien when it comed to football (soccer). He doesn't just compete with anyone. He is on his own.
no wonder he kicked a Pk to Mars in Copa America nd he lose 3 final back to back.
messy is dog nd cr7 is god. barkadog should go nd die

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) / Peter And Kasper Schmeichel Premier League Records Of Father & Son / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.