Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Debunking Some Lies Against Catholicism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debunking Some Lies Against Catholicism (427 Views)

Some Lies From Scientists / Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debunking Some Lies Against Catholicism by Lordspicy(m): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
1. Since my primary school days till date, people argue that Catholics don't use the old testament, but what I know is every first reading at Mass is from the old testament �funny?

2. They said Catholics have removed books from the Bible... what I know is the Protestants' Bible is 7 books less, � who removed books then? n y? ask Luther.

3. They said Catholics worship Mary and prioritize her over Jesus, but what I know is when Catholics call Mary, what follows is "pray for us", and Jesus, "have Mercy on us". Pray for me isn't a word of worship✋​, or is it? From the classroom, I think that's a request, n a plea.

4. They say Catholics pray to God through Mary not Jesus, what I know is at Mass, all prayers are concluded this way; "we ask this through Christ our Lord, who lives n reigns with u in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever n ever....Amen". Oh, what about the Rosary? It begins with the Apostles' Creed, has 6 our father, 6 Glory to the Father, n the Litany which begins with Lord have Mercy on us. Do you know that?

5. They say Mary should be treated as an envelope n Catholics fail to recognise that. Awww, Mother of God, envelope? Before the Pentecost, Mary already had the Holy Spirit, (in the words of the Angel during the Annunciation), do u know y?

she carried God the Son in her body: she's a terbanacle, �do u know that? She's the only human being in the new testament who has changed a divine timetable...the water to wine wonder: read carefully n reflect.

She is the Mother of God (u can say no if to u Jesus is not God), mother of Church, mother of all Christians n the Queen of Heaven! this is what we honour her for; it's not a worship.

5. Catholics have images in places of worship....oh, is that bad? The bronze serpent in the desert was an image oo. The Cherubims n Seraphims in the terbanacle were images oo. If God commanded these images to be made, then the focus of the first commandment isn't on making of the image, but something else, �read again.

6. Catholics take alcohol at Mass, oh, awww, Jesus used wine from grapes. Wine from grapes 2017years ago non-alcoholic? Really?...u shall drink it with me in heaven...�

7. Catholics use incense...it was presented at our Lord's birth, n used throughout the Priestly lineage from Melchizedek�

8. Our Priests don't marry... What is the name of the wife of Jesus? What about Paul? What was the teaching about marriage? Does the church abolish marriages? Have u come across 'sacraments'? Then let's proceed.

9. A funny one����� they said Pope John Paul ll is in hell�‍♂​​​�‍♂​​​�‍♂​​​. (Angelica Zambrano Mora in 2012)
Have u observed this? ...for all the people she said she saw in hell, their pictures were presented as they were seen in hell. For Jonh Paul, his life picture on a magazine was what they presented...���

Things they don't condemn us for;
1. Every single day somewhere in the world, Catholics celebrate n partake in the real body n blood of Christ....do this in memory of me...

2. None of the shackles had ever destroyed the Church... Upon this rock I'll build my Church....even the gates of hell cannot prevail against it ���don't be shocked

3. ...still loading...They use the Gregorian Calendar, celebrate Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, etc, with comfort���

I am proud to be a Catholic�​�​�​
Was born Catholic, still Catholic, n will surely die Catholic n go to my Father there in

2 Likes

Re: Debunking Some Lies Against Catholicism by Opzy94(m): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2017
It's quite alright when you stand by what you believe in......but then question it a times just for evaluation purpose
You should understand that!
Re: Debunking Some Lies Against Catholicism by 1bunne4lif(m): 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
Still in doubt? Go and read the book of revelation; the woman with a crown of twelve stars, who could that be? I'M A PROUD CATHOLIC. GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER
Re: Debunking Some Lies Against Catholicism by Lordspicy(m): 12:40am On Oct 24, 2017
They wont undastand

(1) (Reply)

Muhammed (phuh) The Greatest By Baba Ali Mustapha / How Those Who Curse God Almighty In Their Hearts And Publicly Fare / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.