Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,856 members, 7,956,231 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders (1611 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / Orji Kalu Lauds Ugwuanyi’s Respect For Buhari, Other Leaders / Aisha Buhari On A Yacht In Turkey With Wives Of Other Leaders (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by sweetsandy4luv(f): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
The Factors/Projects that Put Umahi Poles Ahead of Other Leaders (PART TWO)
Continue reading here>>>https://www.newsflashngr.com/see-governor-umahi-puts-far-ahead-leaders-must-read/
By Monica Chidinma Eze

I have treated six major issues in part one of this study as stated above out of the 21 projects that put Umahi poles ahead of other leaders in his class, I will as space will guarantee me present another six projects executed by this enigma that have made him achieve more than what his predecessors achieved since 21 years of the creation of the State.

1. The 5,000-unit mega city housing project

Another great feat that Umahi will forever be remembered in the annals of Ebonyi State was the 5,000-unit mega city housing project he initiated.

This project to be bankrolled by the Africa Nations Development Programme (ANDP) is yet another milestone by the administration of Governor Dave Nweze Umahi.

This housing project that will comprise of 5,000 detached two bedroom bungalows and other facilities such as schools, water, electricity, police station, barracks, hospitals among others is not only a milestone but also a strategic move to put Ebonyi in the league of the most developed states in Nigeria.

This project that will be executed by this international body will cost the Ebonyi State Government little or nothing apart from the donation of the land and construction of a two-kilometre road to the site.

Governor Umahi, who laid the foundation for the project in Umuobuna Etiti Uburu in Ohaozara Local Government Area, has pledged that a similar project would be sited at Izzi Local Government before the end of his first tenure in office.

2. Steady payment of the salaries of the State Civil Servants

At a time when many other states are finding it difficult to pay workers’ salaries or meet other basic needs as a result of the economic recession in the country, the Umahi Administration, despite Ebonyi’s modest resources, embarks on numerous road projects, flyovers, roundabouts, street lights and hospitals, while also executing a revolution in agriculture, as well as the educational and health sectors.

This is in addition to regular payment of civil servants, who also get paid a 13th month by the State Government

While the current recession ravaging most states in Nigeria has made them unable to pay their staff salaries for many months, the administration of Umahi in Ebonyi State has not only increased the salaries of its workers by 5 per cent, but also pays regularly on 15th of every month.

3. Welfare of the Pensioners and widows

On the side of welfare for the people of the State, the administration of Dave Umahi recently released over N1.5 Billion for the immediate payment of the pension and gratuity to retired workers from 1996 when the state was created till date and empowerment of 2000 widows across the State.

To me, this act can only be described as not only as unprecedented, divine, redefinition of governance but as God’s induced rescue mission to save the lives of our Pensioners and widows through Gov. umahi to put smiles on the faces of various families in Ebonyi State at this critical time of economic downturn in the country.

Engr. David Nweze Umahi the amiable Governor of Ebonyi State has by these acts not only redefine governance in Nigeria but has made governance in Ebonyi State both humane and a divine mission to touch the lives of the people of Ebonyi State.

As if the above wasn’t enough, the release of another N400 million for the immediate empowerment of over 2000 widows domiciled across the 13 local government area of the State to the tune of N200, 000 each puts Governor Umahi in a different class among political leaders in Nigeria.

I am glad to note that the widows empowerment programme have been expanded to accommodate additional 2000 widows that will be selected, verified and paid the sum of N200, 000 each from 1st October, 2017.

It is also on record that the N1billion naira budgeted for the empowerment of 4000 eligible Ebonyians is still being disbursed by the Ministry of Empowerment and Job Creation with about 1000 people collecting their grants of up to N250, 000 each while Others who meet the criteria have started collecting their payments with effect from Monday the 21st of August, 2017.

Thanks to God for the conclusion of the work of the Committee on the Verification of the State Pensions & Gratuities from 2nd October, 1996 to 6th June, 2017 and formal approval of the Committee’s Report by the Executive Council of Ebonyi State on Tuesday the 15th of August, 2017 which led to the release of the sum of N1.5 billion for the payment of arrears of pensions and gratuities of Ebonyi workers from 1996 to 2017.
Continue reading here>>>https://www.newsflashngr.com/see-governor-umahi-puts-far-ahead-leaders-must-read/

1 Like

Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by CNNN: 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
a
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by achi4u(m): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mtcheeeeew

Sorry Op I didn't read ur writeup.
Umahi no longer doing anything for now.
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by sweetsandy4luv(f): 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
achi4u:
Mtcheeeeew

Sorry Op I didn't read ur writeup.

Umahi no longer doing anything for now.
Why now... You should've gone through them
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by achi4u(m): 4:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:

Why now... You should've gone through them
Because I live in the state and knows what's up.
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by Pcharles2(m): 5:16pm On Oct 24, 2017
achi4u:
Because I live in the state and knows what's up.
I don't believe you are staying in Abakaliki, orderwise you wouldn't counter the Op.
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by achi4u(m): 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pcharles2:
I don't believe you are staying in Abakaliki, orderwise you wouldn't counter the Op.
Nwanne, as I'm typing I dey Ai off Afikpo Road.

What happened in Abakaliki today?

Keke operators did their election today immediately after 1:am

You need more prove?

As per beatification of Abakaliki the man really tried but for some months now, there's no work going anywhere. Do you know the back Ebonyi state house of Assembly?

Try pass there.
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by sweetsandy4luv(f): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
achi4u:
Nwanne, as I'm typing I dey Ai off Afikpo Road.

What happened in Abakaliki today?

Keke operators did their election today immediately after 1:am

You need more prove?

As per beatification of Abakaliki the man really tried but for some months now, there's no work going anywhere. Do you know the back Ebonyi state house of Assembly?

Try pass there.
haba relax now that man will do more he's far better than my state governor Willie Obiano now
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by fellowman: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:

haba relax now that man will do more he's far better than my state governor Willie Obiano now

but Willie obiano is paying salaries and that's what's up.
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by sweetsandy4luv(f): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
fellowman:

but Willie obiano is paying salaries and that's what's up.
Dave too is paying salaries now, better than Willie in terms of solid works
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by achi4u(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:

Nne I want the best for my state. And please tell Dave Umahi to spread his development to nooks and cranny of the state. No LGA should be left out just like Ur Anambra state.
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by sweetsandy4luv(f): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
achi4u:
Nne I want the best for my state. And please tell Dave Umahi to spread his development to nooks and cranny of the state. No LGA should be left out just like Ur Anambra state.
Alright if i get to AI tomorrow i will tell him ok
Re: See What Governor Umahi Did Again That Puts Him Far Ahead Of Other Leaders by adewuyiade: 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pictures please

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Blast Buhari Over Fuel Scarcity, Failed Economy / Yoruba Man To Rule Anambra / 2019: Kano Could Have A Shock In Store For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.