Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 (32561 Views)

#RevolutionNow: Pots Pans Protest Against Buhari Kicks Off (Video) / Buhari Kicks-off Summit For Ministers-designate Ahead Of Swearing-in (photos) / Kachikwu Secures Full Oil Minister Status, Roles As Northern Cabal Kicks Against (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
chloedogie:

And some couples are praying to God for a child and here you are wasting away. Now i see reason why some people go 20 years without conceiving. How do parents gladly claim a child as stupid and useless as yours? Wrong sperm ejaculated.

Pot calling kettle black.

You're just as Foolish as the Silly President.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
AntiWailer:

U might die before him. To make it worse u will die in poverty.

I remember u shouting vegetable then.When he came back u went offline in shame.

Now u have found a useless voice back.

As much as we need good leadership, Buhari is not your problem 100%. You were poor during Jonathan's tenure too.

Go and do something useful with your life.

I hope for your sake you successful already otherwise you're the biggest idiot after the President.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mendelssohn:

I support the first sentence. He will surely die before him. I say a big Amen to it. At least, let one of the fools be deleted.

You might go before him because it's obvious you don't mean well to people affected by this virus of a President
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
modelmike7:

If you are intelligent enough my brother, you will see where I used WE SANE NIGERIANS, not just we Nigerians!
we have sane and insane Nigerians.
Hoping you get me now?
Next time, read to assimilate before quoting people.
Have a nice day and Stay blessed my brother!÷

And you think you're sane?

You need medical help trust me.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
Daviddson:
You've no civility in you at all. You're just making your destiny hard, without knowing. The next ban you'll receive will be for 50 years; then switch on to your crownwealth***. Have some respect and rid yourself of this senseless hate & pursuit of fleeting Nairaland popularity. https://www.nairaland.com/severusSnape did more than you here in using the most despicable foul words ever known, but where's he today on Nairaland?

Can you do more than just to ban the guy?

Just asking though because it doesn't change his destiny any how neither does being here puts Food on his table.

Ban away Mof0
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mendelssohn:

Ordinary dogs will kill him and tear him into pieces.
As you wish for him same will follow you in 1000 folds
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
moninuola65:
you are made to cry since 2015! continue crying!
And you are happy?
I hope you are truly enjoying the tenure and not pretending if not shame you
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2017
modelmike7:
Mynd44
Lol Ha! you forgot to add the other one.
Shame on you.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by newacca: 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pebcak:
grin

I am not an economist but this might be a good move from Buhari because most of this ECOWAS nation don't have a strong economy like Nigeria if we are joining with countries of higher GDP than us now maybe yes but Nigeria South Africa and Egypt still have the largest economy in Africa, we they run into economic crisis then we might have to bail them out. Just like Greece and most other EU nation and that called for BREXIT. Why put head for wetin no pay us the 3 major tribe in 9ja never live peacefully finish na to dey join hand spend same currency for west Africa, I beg make ECOWAS park well

Saddam decided to drop $$ and he was killed
Gaddafi proposed gold as trade currency for Africa during AU summit and he was killed
al-Assad want to drop USD and Syria is still at war

Deep! So deep, brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by AntiWailer: 9:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mcquine:

I hope for your sake you successful already otherwise you're the biggest idiot after the President.

Of course I am.

A lot Of bright minds on my bill in the university. I am allergic to m0r0ns like you all the same

Keep your hope to yourself.

F00lish m0r0n using his business details to fight on nairaland. When you fail you still blame Buhari.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Saxifrage12(m): 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
Am not a fan of Buhari but I commend his position on this.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Bapy(m): 6:01am On Oct 25, 2017
Pebcak:
grin

I am not an economist but this might be a good move from Buhari because most of this ECOWAS nation don't have a strong economy like Nigeria if we are joining with countries of higher GDP than us now maybe yes but Nigeria South Africa and Egypt still have the largest economy in Africa, we they run into economic crisis then we might have to bail them out. Just like Greece and most other EU nation and that called for BREXIT. Why put head for wetin no pay us the 3 major tribe in 9ja never live peacefully finish na to dey join hand spend same currency for west Africa, I beg make ECOWAS park well

Saddam decided to drop $$ and he was killed
Gaddafi proposed gold as trade currency for Africa during AU summit and he was killed
al-Assad want to drop USD and Syria is still at war

that's true oga mi... Good comment

1 Like

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by bigtt76(f): 7:54am On Oct 25, 2017
There must be something in it that prevented Britain (EU Member) from adopting the Euro. I guess same thing is prompting the thoughts of Buhari. It should be respected.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by moninuola65: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2017
Mcquine:

And you are happy?

I hope you are truly enjoying the tenure and not pretending if not shame you
You cannot happy because no more free money sharing at olepate from Abuja
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Kirgyakos(m): 8:48am On Oct 25, 2017
modelmike7:
Good one my President.
We Nigerians with sane minds love you so much.
We know you will always make the best decisions for us as you take us to the land flowing with milk and honey!

lets just see how it goes.

it's not all about hiting lip and teeth together in the name of talking rubbish.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by PFRB: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2017
yeyerolling:
i can bet my ball bulharry no understand wetin he read out

Thank you my man. Even those who are hailing him don't know what is being discussed.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by moninuola65: 9:32am On Oct 25, 2017
PFRB:

Thank you my man. Even those who are hailing him don't know what is being discussed.
why can't you bet your life?
Why is it a necessity to include Nigeria?
why UMOA the cfa zone countries can't have an independent single currency and let Nigeria join them later? atleast they were in numbers.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by orisa37: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2017
Fear of Anti-Arab's games!!!
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by orisa37: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2017
Fear of others quering, revealing and disagreeing with our mismanaged currency tilted in favour of Islamic unity.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by kozmicity: 3:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
modelmike7:
Good one my President.
We Nigerians with sane minds love you so much.
We know you will always make the best decisions for us as you take us to the land flowing with milk and honey!

Shell shocked!!! shocked
Ah didn't know that there are people who do not hate this man...keep it up tho,with you on this wink
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by kozmicity: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
EliteBiz:
Europe has Euro, Africa having same currency will save us from dollars yanga, Buhari won't be president by 2020, so he can kick as much as he likes

Buhari'll win 2020 election...just watch... cool
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 27, 2017
kozmicity:

Shell shocked!!! shocked
Ah didn't know that there are people who do not hate this man...keep it up tho,with you on this wink
Thank you my dear brother.
I like my President with all of him, a honest and pious man.
Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by gare(f): 10:59am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

So many children on this board. I doubt you understand the degree of the conversation.
This is beyond hate. Your problem is that you want to join the conversation without comprehending the content.

The mods need to do a better job at not taking certain threads to front page based on first page comments.

@post
This is a very good move.

If this move is approved, how will we ensure that certain countries like Zimbabwe [though not a West African country] don't mismanage the currency again? What will these other African countries offer that will help strengthen and suistain the "African currency"?

"Countries LIKE Zimbabwe", not that Zimbabwe is amongst the West African country for the ITKs.

Don't you see most of them are still yet to pass SSCE Exams, what do you expect from them that is why I really don't join issues with them, the fastest way to spot them, is that they're so quick in insulting you.
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by KingSango(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2017
DONSMITH123:

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhamadu Buhari on Tuesday in Niamey, Republic of Niger, urged member countries of the Economic Community of West African States to to tread carefully in pushing for a single currency in the sub-region by 2020.

He cited the challenges faced by the European Union in realising the same goal to buttress his position.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President made his position known in his speech at the fourth meeting of the Presidential Task Force on the ECOWAS Currency Programme.

Buhari said the necessary economic fundamentals among countries continue to differ over the years, making it more difficult to pull through with the project by 2020.

“Nigeria advises that we proceed cautiously with the integration agenda, taking into consideration the above concerns and the lessons currently unfolding in the European Union.

“To that end, Nigeria will caution against any position that pushes for a fast-track approach to monetary union, while neglecting fundamentals and other pertinent issues,” the President was quoted as saying.

Buhari noted that some of the obstacles to realising the roadmap for the implementation of a single currency include diverse and uncertain macro-economic fundamentals of many countries, unrealistic inflation targeting based on flexible exchange rate regime and inconsistency with the African Monetary Co-operation Programme.

The President said domestic issues in ECOWAS member countries relating to their constitutions and dependence on aids continue to affect the framework for implementing the single currency in the sub-region

He said, “Although the ECOWAS Commission has anchored its pursuit of the new impetus to monetary integration on the information presented to the Heads of State which were the basis for their recommendations, we are concerned that we have not properly articulated and analysed a comprehensive picture of the state of preparedness of individual countries for monetary integration in ECOWAS by 2020.

“In previous meetings, we had specifically raised observations on the state of preparedness of the member states, the credibility of the union if anchored on watered down criteria, and the continuing disparities between macroeconomic conditions in ECOWAS countries, amongst others. And I would like to reiterate this concerns.”

The President told the Heads of State that the conditions that pushed Nigeria into withdrawing from the process in the past had not changed.

cC; lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://punchng.com/buhari-kicks-against-same-currency-for-west-africa-by-2020/

I once thought one currency was a good idea but there is alot social and economic disparities among West African nations with the main one being stiff laws for homosexuality. Liberia and Mali never prosecute for homosexuality and never enforce the laws they have against it. The creating of one currency can have the effect of eliminating borders bringing undesirables in your country. Economics can not be seen outside of the light of security and protection for cultural values. Just because they are bringing dollars some think its right to do whatever in your country and tying all to the same currency will make it difficult to address this mindset. Ase, Love Sango
Re: Buhari Kicks Against Same Currency For West Africa By 2020 by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2018
Hmmm, since Africa has been depending on Europe and America for economic suggestions, UN, World bank, IMF so far what have we gained?? These are the same set of people who misguided the old and Past African and Military leaders with their economagic solutions while our yeye past leaders just obey whatever they were told at the expense of their own people while most of the African wealth finds it way to Europe, USA and the rest of the so called developed world. Truly its a game of he who pays the piper plays the tune. It is more like the case of an Orthodox doctor running to a native or witch doctor for help when in dire health problem.

To agree to this term will further worsen the African economy because common sense tells us that this will further raise greed and economic anarchy in the African setting. The African common currency is ok and can only be welcomed only if all African countries first put together all its local or home economic troubles. Without that, we will only end up with bigger economic monster that we already have.

Lets stop behaving like fools in Africa who does not deserve the merit of a University first degree, Masters and PhDs that we claim we have.

The question we should be asking ourself is this, why dont the North america to include Canada, Mexico, USA and the Central American as such as Costarica, Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago have a common currency, why is the British concerned about Brexit from the EU

If this unscrupulous deal frivolously scale through, the whole drama would eventually become a party of robbing Peter to Pay Paul.
However of the lesser of the two evil options, the dollar, British Pounds and the Euro will still continue to soar higher than the rest of all the African countries put together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'GEJ, Yar’adua, Obasanjo Vacationed In Nigeria Except Buhari' – Reno Omokri / Update On South-East, South-South and South-West Registered Voters By States / Obi Inspires Me, Distinguished Leader – Atiku Celebrates Obi On 62nd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.