Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

How To Choose A Niche For Your Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Choose A Niche For Your Website (336 Views)

How To Choose A Niche For Your Blog / I'm Creating A Niche Site From $0 To $500 A Month. Who Wants To Follow Along? / Would Help You Design A Professional Site And Suggest A Niche For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose A Niche For Your Website by Princebawa1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
Are you considering having a website or a blog to make money online? That's an awesome decision and when I first thought of it I had absolutely no idea what was involved or what to do.

It seems that there's this perception that you can make a website page or maybe even 10 pages and then somehow our site will get visitors and we'll make some money online. Easy money, how hard can it be right?

Well there's quite a bit more to it than that believe me, if you really want to pay some bills and put food on the table and gas in the car. I guess the first thing that you would need to do would be to choose a niche. "What's a niche" some say.

What is a Niche?

A group of people all with the same interest in (a niche like sewing) something, for example a specialized segment of the market for a particular kind of product or service:

"I believe that I've found a niche in the market that can be quite profitable". The niche could be cell phones or accessories or brownies, there's so many niches to choose from the hardest thing sometimes is to choose one!

That specialized segment of the market is the "niche", an example would be: In the automotive repair industry a niche would be brake repair or oil changes or transmissions, car washes, etc.

If you were in the appliance industry and sold garbage disposals, that would be your niche and you could do quite well selling garbage disposals too.

So then the first thing that you have to decide is what niche is the right niche for you to make your own website about? This is where a lot of people really have a hard time, myself included I must say!

Once you realize that pretty much everything is a niche so there are tens of millions of niches to choose from and that can be intimidating to many and it can be really hard to choose.

But when you do make your choice don't second guess yourself but go reach your goals without wavering and doubting yourself, which can sink your own ship.

Don't look back, you can make wise positive choices each day as you move forward closer and closer to your goals (which can also be adjusted or changed as you move forward and can see clearer).

What is a niche website?

A niche website is a site that focuses on a group of people who all like or use a particular product or have a certain need or goal.

I know a couple of people who encountered real physical problems and challenges, who started websites to inform others and to fight a disease.

The possibilities are endless and there are so many to choose from so there is no perfect one for you or me, but many choices that will work just fine for us.

Something to keep in mind is that the chosen niche will in time be just one of the chosen niches that you'll have as some affiliate marketers will have more than a few products and programs that they're marketing online through social medias and search engines and/or email marketing.

While they'll target a specific term or phrase that people use when they search for a thing on the search engines. A niche website offers it's visitors good useful up-to-date information as they supply a solution to the visitors interest or problem.

One word of advise, when choosing a niche for your website or blog, choose something that is really an interest to you, something that you can continuously write about.

It would be best if the chosen niche was a hobby, a passion or something that you want to learn about and share.

Now once you become a website owner you, as an affiliate, would promote products, programs and services that are related to your chosen niche.

Visit http://www.powpedia.com/?ref=princebawa to get set up.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Really No What Boostrap Means In Developing / Importance Of Search Engines / Own A Blog At The Comfort Of Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.