Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? (645 Views)

Am I Handsome **hot pics** / Dating A Chik, She Comes To Ur Hse For D 1st Time And Asking For Transport Fare / Must I Quit This Relationship ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by Olubuki(f): 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2007
I'm a single mother of 1 and 34years of age.

I'd got a standard and can't seem to lower it. Its about my dream man.

Reason: My dream man is a matured, God-fearing (born again Christian), very romantic,confident, honest, trustworthy, caring,handsome and much more, 
I don't expect him to be 100% perfect but I know there is someone like that.
Am I asking for too much?

Please post your comments.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by jgirl3: 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2007
maybe the much more is way too much. But I think the others are what we all want except the very romantic one is kinda hard to get from naija guys.
Olubuki:

I'd got a standard, can't seem to lower it. Its about my dream man.
I am a single mother of 1 and 34years of age.

Reason: My dream man is a matured, God-fearing (born again Christian), very romantic,confident, honest, trustworthy, caring,handsome and much more,
I don't expect him to be 100% perfect but I know there is someone like that.
Am I asking for too much?

Please post your comments.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by bluenubian(f): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2007
dont ever lower ur standards unless it happens naturally, cause u ll never be happy with that person
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by mekoyo(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2007
No. Not at all.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by Bosdem(f): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2007
Pls dont, when the time is right u will get ur man
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by olanajim(m): 10:39am On Sep 14, 2007
It is unrealist. Those standards may make you wait longer if not for ever if you are too rigid.

Why? Because:

IT IS UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANY MAN OR WOMAN TO REALIZE 100% OF HIS/HER MENTAL  CONCEPTION OF HIS/HER INTENDED PARTNER IN ONE MAN/WOMAN.  
OUR MENTAL PICTURE CAN ONLY BE A GUIDE TO NARROW OUR SEARCH. MORE OFTEN, THE TARGET WOULD BE MIRROR IN THAT PICTURE BUT WOULE NOT POSSESS ALL EXPECTATIONS. WHERE A SEEMING FULFILMENT OF EXPECTATION APPEAR, THEN WATCH OUT FOR A LAPSE IN CHARACTER IN THE AREA YOU HAVE NOT VIZUALISED.

The best approach is to have minimum flexible standard and watch out for potential fulfilment.

All those standards you have started are things you cannot see and confirm unless after a reasonable time and observations. They are also things that can be adjusted, faked, and are generally dependent of individual perceptions and belief. A bornagain in your eyes can be a devil in another eyes.

Prayer is your best weapon. And remember, don't be too rigid.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by atilla(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2007
me honestly i dont think it is too much. You will definetely find one but when you do please make sure you appreciate him and try and complement him by returning all the good things attributes he shows you.

thats all i wanted to say.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by drrionelli(m): 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2007
Let me ask this:

You seek the "perfect" man. What is it that you are offering as somebody's "perfect" woman?

I, too, encourage you to never lower your standards. Just be aware that any manifestation of those standards could come in any of a number of ways.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by stingersmi(m): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2007
Well, to me i dont think that there is any need for you to lower your standard. Enventually u will find one someday,its just a mata of time.
Though 100% perfection is impossible to find in realistic terms,but i pray and i know u will find one near to that.

Best of luck and cheers!!!
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much Or Must I Lower The Standard? by drrionelli(m): 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2007
Let us hope that, as a born-again Christian, you will not be seeking what you think is perfect when the Lord brings to you the man He intends you to be with!   wink

(1) (Reply)

I Love But: / I Need A Tall Girl Of About 17 - 19 Years / Is It By Force!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.