Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo (596 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / Aerial View Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (Drone Photos) / FG Has Paid $2bn For Second Niger Bridge – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by phranklean: 8:54am On Oct 25, 2017
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has admitted that he made a mistake in announcing the sum of $2 billion as the money released by the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) for the implementation of the second Niger bridge.
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/announcing-2bn-2nd-niger-bridge-mistake-osinbajo/

He said in Abuja on Tuesday that he actually meant to say N2 billion while speaking during the flag off of the All Progressive Congress (APC) gubernatorial campaign in Anambra State recently.

According to a statement issued by his spokesman, Laolu Akande, the Vice President “misplaced the figures.”

The statement said: “During the APC Governorship campaign flag-off in Onitsha, Anambra State, on Friday, October 20, 2017, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, had reiterated the Buhari administration’s commitment to keeping its promises to the Nigerian people.

“One of these promises is the construction of the second Niger Bridge.

ALSO READ: Effective border policing will promote Nigeria-made products —Osinbajo

“In the official press release I sent on the Vice President’s remarks during the campaign rally in Onitsha that same day, I did quote the VP as saying that ‘the Sovereign Wealth Fund paid N2 billion for that same project (Sum paid to the contractor: Julius Berger for early works). We will definitely see our second Niger Bridge, we will not make promises we cannot keep.’

“However, a short video clip from the event captured on the news segment of a television channel quoted Prof. Osinbajo as mentioning ‘$2bn’ and not ‘N2bn,’ which was what he had actually meant to say. Mentioning the dollar currency was inadvertent.

Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by Nbote(m): 9:00am On Oct 25, 2017
Jus negodu... Wen d cabal told him to make announcement of 2b he forgot to ask of it was in naira or dollars abi. Why did it take him dis long to retract d statement

1 Like

Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2017
No body is above mistake

But that was a gravy mistake oooo
Next time guide your word with all cautiousness for it is the measure of your integrity
Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by fyneguy: 9:05am On Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough
Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by EmeeNaka: 9:08am On Oct 25, 2017
He deliberately said it. He know exactly what he said, why did it take him up to a week to correct it? He wanted to use the bogus figure to hoodwink Anambra electorates. APC is a cankerworm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by Paperwhite(m): 9:09am On Oct 25, 2017
APC do lie shamelessly but they will never get away from it.Lies is richly engrained in their DNA.So unfortunately but no surprising that the RCCG Pastor-turned-politician VP is part of this bandwagon. undecided undecided "Judgement will start first from the household of God"-Holy Bible.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by Paperwhite(m): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2017
OGACLO:
No body is above mistake

But that was a gravy mistake oooo
Next time guide your word with all cautiousness for it is the measure of your integrity
Why did it took Osinbajo days to recant this propaganda that have already been sold for the truth? So there is no truth in anything APC neither did they start lying today.
Even Lai Muhammed is now left empty with no lie to tell hence the executive themselves have taken over this shameful act as depicted by recent trend of events.How long was it between when they made their campaign promises and shamelessly denied same.Get some sense man. angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by Ngokafor(f): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2017
Mistake indeed undecided APC as a party and her members are renowned for throwing up outlandish ,false figures to back up whatever they claim to be doing..

Calling 'Billions of dollars' comes at the drop of a hat comes naturally to them...The 'Billions of dollars' found under the bed of everyone who opposes buhari/APC as well as percieved enemies and fall guys by EFCC them comes to mind...Pathological liars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by loveth360(f): 9:11am On Oct 25, 2017
Why won't you make mistake when naira is now whatless.the other day was a police man asking for bribe in dollars that naira has no value now.
What a change!
Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by Ojiofor: 9:12am On Oct 25, 2017
Osinbajo is a shameless lier,even 2naira sef una no release.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by tsdarkside(m): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2017
if i say 200,did i say 200naira or 200dollars??...the problem is our minds is wired to dollars....

thats why i didnt bother argueing with anybody....

some saw the mistake....if you dont have 2b in your pocket,how can you give it....?...

the yeasterners??...tahh....i dont bother argueing with them a tall....things they write gives me a headache...i dont like headaches....omenka knows what am talking....
Re: Announcing $2bn For 2nd Niger Bridge, My Mistake —osinbajo by tsdarkside(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2017
Ngokafor:

Mistake indeed undecided APC as a party and her members are renowned for throwing up outlandish ,false figures to back up whatever they claim to be doing..

Calling 'Billions of dollars' comes at the drop of a hat comes naturally to them...The 'Billions of dollars' found under the bed of everyone who opposes buhari/APC by EFCC them comes to mind...Pathological liars.

na you destroy the value of the naira...who you wan blame now??...

you love dollars...sooo continue destroyin the naira...

but dont complain then....

(1) (Reply)

What Could Be The Offense ? (picture) / Army Ends Operation In N’delta, Refits Nigeria’s First Oil Well / $25b NNPC Scam: Nigerians Can Now See The Hypocrisy In Buhari’s Anti-corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.