Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid (1278 Views)

Toys For Kids From Age 0 To 10 Come In / Toys For Babies Vs What They Actually Want To Play With(Photos) / What's The Craziest Thing Your Kid Or Baby Relation Has Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid by whoishabyb: 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
Kids get excited when they see toys. It seems their love for toys is somehow based on instinct. Might be because toys helps them bring their imagination to life and their need to explore, pretend and share. Toys are not just meant for fun; they are also valuable tools in making your child a smart kid while preparing them for skills needed to be an adult.

You need to understand that the best toy for your kid is the one that he chooses. It can be as simple as a cardboard box or pots and pans. When a kid enjoys a toy, it gives him/her the greatest learning experience. Kids are natural learners and anything that interests them will teach them something. And the more types of toys they have, the happier they become; the more diverse, the richer the learning experience.
Here are some of the things to highlight when selecting toys for your kid:
1. Choose toys that are developmentally appropriate for your child’s age.
Note that you can’t get toys that are too advanced for the age of your child. It might become frustrating if he/she can’t figure out how to play with it or because of the difficulty, thereby pushing them to abandon it. Also, the toy shouldn’t be “much younger” than the kid. If the toy is for a younger age, it becomes boring and learning may not take place.
2. Observe your child
Observing your child to determine their likes, interests, skill levels, favourite characters, etc. to know what toy they will enjoy can be a very rewarding time spent with them, and helps with stronger bonding between parent and child.
3. Choose toys that require imagination
These are open-ended toys that leave playing to the imagination. Avoid toys that can only be played in a few ways. Playing toys by make believe enables your child to test ideas about the world and develops creativity. Research has also shown that this also develops language and lengthens your kid’s attention span.

4. Give your kids a variety of toys where they can learn a variety of skills
Toys that energize sensational play like pieces, toy vehicles, toy animals, puppets, and props to recreate real life; Toys help your child to work out his own particular thoughts about the world. Toys that support manipulative play like construction sets, puzzles, and toys with interlocking pieces can help your child to grow little muscle control and deftness.

5. Join the Play
When you give a particular toy to your child, don’t simply hand it to him and afterward shoo him off to play. Play with your child. Learn how the toy works and what is exciting about it. Playing with your child influences him to feel cherished, and this makes his learning smoother. Additionally, observe if he gets intrigued. If not, the toy might be excessively exceptional for him. If a toy is too advanced and your child can’t seem to get a hang of it, you can keep it until the child is prepared for it.

We too have learnt from these things, and we have tried to craft our WizitUp K12 Learning App — our educational app for kids — with a lot of play, so that kids and parents can enjoy their time together while learning.

Re: Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid by Grineriastore: 1:48am On Jan 03, 2019
Grineria Toy Store, Your home of best quality indoor and outdoor Playground equipment/accessories be it for Homes, Schools, Amusement Parks, Events, Kiddies Fair and Outdoor Parties.

We have in store a good number of play equipment/Toys ideal for all kinds of Events and Outdoor Activities such as Merry Go Round, Bouncing Castles, See-Saw, Double and Single Playground House, Kids Playpen/Fence, Kids Swing and Double Swing, Basketball Hoop, Slides, LEGO Toys, Kids Goal Post, Display Hanger, Book Shelf and a number of other amazing playground equipment all these and more are made available on Grineria Store.

We delight in serving our customers/Clients better and as such we have ensured that we maintain a swift delivery of our playground equipment for our customers.

For more details and enquiry Kindly reach us on 08086109104.

Re: Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid by nicki1991(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2019
wow, to be honest, my child likes cat plush toys as it's an incredible thing for a kid

However, now I don't even know where to buy a qualitative cat plush toy...
Re: Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid by Lmaomen1(m): 11:20am On Nov 04, 2019
My daughters love the cat plush toys. They have a lot of them already, you're like in a labyrinth when you get into their room. What to do with so many plush toys? All the more after they'll grow. My wife has a love for cats and my daughters love the plush cats, wonderful, isn't it? Well, thank God now we don't have so many live cats. There was a time before our first daughter was born when we had 5 cats in a 2 room apartment. Can you imagine that? 5 damn cats when you don't even love cats.
Re: Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid by SkyeAyers: 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
It's essential that you choose the right toys for your kids, and that's why these wooden toys here will serve a great purpose for you. I assure that whatever toy you get, your child will be happy with it. Believe me.
Re: Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid by ShinjiIkkari: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2021
Oh big thx. x-mas soon and i need to buy toys 4 my child
Re: Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid by Kuna123: 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2021
A year ago, our friends had a baby and a couple of days ago we decided to meet with them. But we didn't have a present for their child. And the gift must already be bought, because we will see them very soon. So I decided to search the Internet on various sites for what a child can buy as a gift and found out about the cool Small Smart store, where free shipping is available for purchases from £ 50. We will choose something there and hope the child will like it!
Re: Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid by Randallood: 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2022
Choosing the right toys for your kids can be tricky. There are a lot of options out there and it's hard to choose which ones will make them happy. However, in the modern world, you should always remember that they have many interesting options to choose from http://sparrowkids.co.uk/
Re: Choosing The Right Toys For Your Kid by chigrin: 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
Call/whatsapp 08086109104

Office Address: 7 Oyetubo Street Off Obafemi Awolowo Way Ikeja Lagos, By Ikeja Bus stop

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/grineriatoystore

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Grineriatoystore-285316165498411/

Grineria Store Enterprises, your number one online place for variety of kids playground equipment for schools, Amusement Parks, Fun Fairs, Homes and more.
Call us today for amazing Toys/outdoor/Indoor Play Equipment for Kids, Toddlers, Teenagers, Fun Fairs, Gym, Exercise, Workouts & Fitness Facilities or a surprise gift for your child.
At Grineria Store, we strongly believe play is fun and helps in the development of every child.....
time spent on playground is critical to children's physical, social and mental well-being
as a result of this, we have made available a wide range of playground equipment such as: Slides, Swings, Trampolines, Bouncing Castle, See-Saw, Rocking Toys, Car/Truck Rides, Merry-Go-Round, Playground Fence, Kids Basketball Net, Kids Shelves and lots more.
For inquiries Kindly Delivery services available nationwide.

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Way To Fix This Or Should I Let Go? / What Is The Right Food To Eat When Pregnant So As Not Vomit / Screen Shots Of A Conversation With A Desperate Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.