Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots (51586 Views)

Birmingham 2022: Nasiru Sule Wins Silver In Men's Para Table-tennis Event / Abdul Sule's N3.6 Billion EC145 Spec Helicopter (Pictures) / Serge Gnabry Kicked By Niklas Sule After Scoring Four Goals Against Tottenham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Skmoda360(m): 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
Razzaq007:
I think we should ask his village people... he was busy trying his best while they were busy browsing his career inside one black pot
'em take time do this guy walai......village people God punish una ooo.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Anjeco: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
such is life bro, God will always be with you.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by correctguy101(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:
My work here is finished... grin

See as you finish person career... SMH. tongue

1 Like

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by elsse(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
His village people be like....it's our work oo #SoftWork sad
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by MosD: 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
So unfortunate
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by EddieCAD(m): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
shocked cry shocked cry shocked cry
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by BadBlaize(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
I hardly bliv in village bt I swear dis 1 na village
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by naijamafioso: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
I feel so sorry for him
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Opinionated: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
Unbelievable, I hope this new Arsenal boy will not end up like that. They are both from Ghana.

10 Things You Need to Know About Arsenal’s New Star Eddie Nketiah

http://www.opinions.ng/10-things-need-know-arsenals-new-star-eddie-nketiah/
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by zolapower: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
Pierocash:
Village witches at work
guy am telling you oo. One needs to be prayerful oo. Whoever doesnt have his / her village monitoring them should as a matter of urgency seek the face of God . Voodoo is real my brother .
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by bettercreature(m): 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
alphaconde:
some people just struggle with their destinies, may this not be our portion through Christ our lord
He was destined to be what he is today.Your destiny can never change you are what you were born to be
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Bellfun(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:
My work here is finished... grin

Oga Lucy...abeg free the guy na!

Haba!
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Leonbonapart(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=ArchangeLucifer post=61763756][/quote]oga don't quote me with this your monica
I am a child of God

Jesus is Lord
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by asawanathegreat(m): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
God knows d best for him for now, so don't underestimate him pls

1 Like

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by kjhova(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
Oyindidi:
Half bread is better than none.

God bless your hustle Baba sule

Your comment was the 1st merciful one on the topic. Goes to show how mean spirited Nigerians can be and how quick we are to take delight in someone else's pitfalls in life.

Baba Sule and the likes of Nii Odartey Lamptey painted the FIFA youth scene red back in the 90's with mesmerizing football back when Ghana used to wear that lovely yellow coloured jersey. It didn't work out for him and now he has fallen on hard times. I wish him well and I'm happy to know that he's doing the best for himself in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by ashjay001(m): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
binsanni:
this jaz nah from china oh

China ke? U don see china do original something before?tongue
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by MrTeeo: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
Get a wife, if you don't have. Train up your son and daughter. Football could be in your genes

1 Like

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Oyindidi(f): 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
kjhova:

Your comment was the 1st merciful one on the topic. Goes to show how mean spirited Nigerians can be and how quick we are to take delight in someone else's pitfalls in life.

Baba Sule and the likes of Nii Odartey Lamptey painted the FIFA youth scene red back in the 90's with mesmerizing football back when Ghana used to wear that lovely yellow coloured jersey. It didn't work out for him and now he has fallen on hard times. I wish him well and I'm happy to know that he's doing the best for himself in life.
That's Nairaland for you. Too many kids here.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Iykmann(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
elyte89:
Cleaning boots,anyway still far better Dan a player in NPFL in terms of wages and social amenities wink
you don't know how much npfl players are paid
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by oyetpel(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nice article cheapgoals.
I have never heard of a story like this before, even i no know him.
The guy even played in Nigeria for kwara united.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by binsanni(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
jesus you don mean it
Aristotle96:
mehn na from planet Mars oh no reason am... Dey give am one corner
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Ashley86400: 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
His story makes me think of the lyrics of Greenday's song.
"I walk this empty street, on the Boulevard of broken dreams, I walk alone".
So sad, we only get to know the lucky few/privileged talented ones who achieve their dreams of a successful football career. .but we forget the still talented thousands who get cut off along the line or never make it at all. .for one reason or the other.
At least he's alive and still kicking. . .many average Joes would happily work as a footballer's driver, arrange their balls (no pun intended) or clean their shoes. .as long as his sleeves are clean and he keeps away from shady business, he's good. .that's life.

1 Like

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by talk2percy(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
Chai, see wetin African witches dey person Take heart man...
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by vengertime: 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
The thing hold am well.

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by oyetpel(m): 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
I think his story came up because Real Madrid are playing against his employers Fuenlabrada this week in La liga Copa del rey.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by oyetpel(m): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
There are some many people like him who never got to be successful in football.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by bigtt76(f): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
sad but thats what happens when they falsify their ages to make the team undecided All other countries with players who did not falsify their ages flourished with their respective national teams.

cheapgoals:
This one of those sad stories of players who were a wonderful youngster in football at some point, who even reached the glory, but today live a quite different life than the world imagined and predicted.

The story of ex-Ghanaian footballer Baba Sule is touching and somewhat being fruitful but loaded with challenges. the World-Cup winner had to conquer niggling injuries which made him hang up his boots in 2006.

In any case, Baba finds it hard to stop football totally and discovered his way to Fuenlabrada, where the club from opened new opportunities for him to wind up as the club’s new kit man, and he couldn’t be more joyful as a man who cherished, adores and will always love football.

In 1995, Baba Sule celebrated his most prominent achievement when he scored past former Brazilian shot-stopper Julio Cesar in the final of the U17 World Cup with the Ghanaian national team, who eventually ended up winning the U17 World Cup final, sparking a memorable moment for Ghanaians to savor.

Baba Sule wanted to make his name in Spanish football and landed at Mallorca only a year later, unfortunately, he contracted hepatitis, which cut his career off. That was his first difficulty he experienced in his footballing career.

Leaving Mallorca for Ourense, where he broke two bones up in his arm. Baba came back to partake in the U20 World Cup, where he scored two more goals, Ghana finished in fourth place in the tournament.

At that point in 1999, Real Madrid took a risk with the promising youngster and secure his services into their youth academy, but he failed to make an appearance for Los Blancos and proceed onward to Leganes. Be that as it may, niggling injury issue kept on plaguing his career.

Baba Sule suffered two hard injuries that forced him to leave professional football.

Baba Sule said in an interview with Spanish newspaper ‘ABC’: “I tore my ligaments in the first game of the season. I then recovered and on my first day back in action, I damaged my knee. It was very hard for me”.

He then went on to become a driver for Manchester United’s current goalkeeper, David de Gea, until he arrived in Spain’s Third Division, Fuenlabrada, where he cleaned boots for players and loaded the balls

“Football is like this, it has two sides, sometimes it’s the good and sometimes the bad, and the injuries have changed my life,” he admitted

Source : http://cheapgoals.com/touching-story-of-a-world-cup-winner-madrid-player-who-ended-up-cleaning-boots/

1 Like

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by sylve11: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
lelvin:
Batallion 12 Village People Command Ghana Base... grin

grin grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by okpaire(m): 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
d jazz strong wella... back to back injuries na wa ooo
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by agarawu23(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
Only in Africa angry
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Rajosh(m): 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
Village people strong gan. At least, he's still better than some NPFL stars and even some Nigerian graduates in terms of Salary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Daily Mail Reported About Anthony Joshua In 2012 And In 2017 / Uche Kalu Buys Range Rover For Wife, Ada Uche-Kalu As Christmas Gift (photos) / Pictures Of Keke Painted In Super Eagles Jersey Colors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.