Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,553 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots (51626 Views)

Birmingham 2022: Nasiru Sule Wins Silver In Men's Para Table-tennis Event / Abdul Sule's N3.6 Billion EC145 Spec Helicopter (Pictures) / Serge Gnabry Kicked By Niklas Sule After Scoring Four Goals Against Tottenham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by 4koff: 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
Na so one guy o, my former classmate for One sec school for Benin. I no wan mention names. When we dey Uniben that year, we dey watch the guy dey play champions league with one club for Belgium. Ol Boy the last time I saw the guy for Benin, na okada e dey ride.

In fact make i drop him name............?
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dis is what happens when person case file � is bn treated with all members present physically and by video conferencing.....
Ghana winches send representatives to Spain with his case file... Dis kinda calamity no be mistake Oooooo ehhhh . No b mistake ooooo ehhh

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by oyetpel(m): 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
4koff:
Na so one guy o, my former classmate for One sec school for Benin. I no wan mention names. When we dey Uniben that year, we dey watch the guy dey play champions league with one club for Belgium. Ol Boy the last time I saw the guy for Benin, na okada e dey ride.

In fact make i drop him name............?

Drop his name na, its not like u are shaming him.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by just2endowed: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
Why couldn't he use the opportunity to get a degree ever since then? It would have been valuable and pay off then.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Ramaa(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
These are enemies of progress

1 Like

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by cheapgoals(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
oyetpel:
Nice article cheapgoals.

I have never heard of a story like this before, even i no know him.

The guy even played in Nigeria for kwara united.

Thanks ..
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Jointhemiltons2(m): 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
Baba forget dz ur talk o,it's spiritual abeg. Ur village people no gree drop ur call.
Buh my advice to footballers n musicians is invest ur money wisely. Dz 2 professions re not eternal. You will quit one day so better hv a backup plan
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by oluxzy: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
In Patapaa voice... I see the witch One Kwana..one kwana...one kwana them dey do you.. One kwana..one kwana...kwana go and beg them... One kwana..one kwana...one kwana
see sey dem catch you my brother no football see sey dem do you go and drive car you see sey dem get you go and clean boot
green means injure yellow means no play red means retire.....
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by oyetpel(m): 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Jointhemiltons2:
Baba forget dz ur talk o,it's spiritual abeg. Ur village people no gree drop ur call.
Buh my advice to footballers n musicians is invest ur money wisely. Dz 2 professions re not eternal. You will quit one day so better hv a backup plan

There so many footballers like that, let me even say athletes that didn't make through sport.

We only read stories about successful ones.

If you know what Demba Ba passed through to become a footballer ehn? E remain small, but he made it.

So many unsuccessful stories out there, but who cares?

1 Like

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by bewla(m): 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
Leonbonapart:
village people with 4Gig network....
him own pass tioti own
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by raphy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
The guy needs deliverance that's all. Ppl are very wicked. Such is life. You guy should remember femi opabumi case too. Évil ppl every were. May thunder strike down anybody monitoring our life in thia remaining months in Jesus name amen.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by 4koff: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
oyetpel:

Drop his name na, its not like u are shaming him.

Andrew Uwuigbe

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by toprealman: 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
Young bro stop killing yourself with pity tale! Who no get story to tell? Try getting a coaching license. Use your contact to become a player agent. Go into sports accessory merchandizing....etc.
Bottom line: never late to be what you should have been.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by jiggyman(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
tellwisdom:
Who be baba sule? what does he do? sad

In 2008, already with a Spanish passport, Sule moved back to Africa , signing with Nigerian side Kwara United FC .
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by MielBaker(m): 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
I feel pity for him.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by mechanics(m): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
nawa o, he was not that lucky o, i wonder why his country FA abandon him, and what happened to the millions he got during his playing days?
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by oyetpel(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
4koff:

Andrew Uwuigbe
Did you attend Western boys high school in Benin?
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by oluwasegun007(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
o boi..
Aiyetoto akamara...

Baba Sule's case was discussed in cloud 9... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by 4koff: 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2017
oyetpel:

Did you attend Western boys high school in Benin?

Na so, formerly Airewele. So you know Andrew? Na Okada I see am dey ride for Ogidan.
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by james007: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
Typical Nigerian idiotic mentality.

Must every failure be caused by village people?

People everywhere experience hard times, missed opportunities, broken dreams, near misses and success.

That's life for you. But your pastor teaches you it's a witch, so you have to come for deliverance.

Is it witches that stopped all the other good athletes in all the other countries where witches have failed to establish branch e.g America and Britain to mention a few. Abi you people have never read stories of rich athletes from those places that become poor again?

The real people under the spell of witches are those people who fail to grow up, brace up and face reality.

When life gives you lemon make lemonade
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by mustafa006: 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2017
He should go back and humble himself before the village people and the will release his destiny
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by arrestdarrester: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
oruma19:
it doesn't matter as long as u r alive. God has a plan for him and it will materialize wen d time comes. Beta pik balls in Europe than come to Africa to suffer. God will remember u. I remember the guy so well, he was very good in the game.

Wilson Oruma? Or related...
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by osnova(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
cheapgoals:
This one of those sad stories of players who were a wonderful youngster in football at some point, who even reached the glory, but today live a quite different life than the world imagined and predicted.

The story of ex-Ghanaian footballer Baba Sule is touching and somewhat being fruitful but loaded with challenges. the World-Cup winner had to conquer niggling injuries which made him hang up his boots in 2006.

In any case, Baba finds it hard to stop football totally and discovered his way to Fuenlabrada, where the club from opened new opportunities for him to wind up as the club’s new kit man, and he couldn’t be more joyful as a man who cherished, adores and will always love football.

In 1995, Baba Sule celebrated his most prominent achievement when he scored past former Brazilian shot-stopper Julio Cesar in the final of the U17 World Cup with the Ghanaian national team, who eventually ended up winning the U17 World Cup final, sparking a memorable moment for Ghanaians to savor.

Baba Sule wanted to make his name in Spanish football and landed at Mallorca only a year later, unfortunately, he contracted hepatitis, which cut his career off. That was his first difficulty he experienced in his footballing career.

Leaving Mallorca for Ourense, where he broke two bones up in his arm. Baba came back to partake in the U20 World Cup, where he scored two more goals, Ghana finished in fourth place in the tournament.

At that point in 1999, Real Madrid took a risk with the promising youngster and secure his services into their youth academy, but he failed to make an appearance for Los Blancos and proceed onward to Leganes. Be that as it may, niggling injury issue kept on plaguing his career.

Baba Sule suffered two hard injuries that forced him to leave professional football.

Baba Sule said in an interview with Spanish newspaper ‘ABC’: “I tore my ligaments in the first game of the season. I then recovered and on my first day back in action, I damaged my knee. It was very hard for me”.

He then went on to become a driver for Manchester United’s current goalkeeper, David de Gea, until he arrived in Spain’s Third Division, Fuenlabrada, where he cleaned boots for players and loaded the balls

“Football is like this, it has two sides, sometimes it’s the good and sometimes the bad, and the injuries have changed my life,” he admitted

Source : http://cheapgoals.com/touching-story-of-a-world-cup-winner-madrid-player-who-ended-up-cleaning-boots/

What of Adriano of brazil that is set to return to football after a woeful career?
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Pierocash:
Village witches at work
l concur
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by emdeey(m): 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
tellwisdom:
Who be baba sule? what does he do? sad

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by ACE1010: 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
Pierocash:
Village witches at work

My brother no be laughing matter ooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by DebbieSean(f): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
cheapgoals:
This one of those sad stories of players who were a wonderful youngster in football at some point, who even reached the glory, but today live a quite different life than the world imagined and predicted.

The story of ex-Ghanaian footballer Baba Sule is touching and somewhat being fruitful but loaded with challenges. the World-Cup winner had to conquer niggling injuries which made him hang up his boots in 2006.

In any case, Baba finds it hard to stop football totally and discovered his way to Fuenlabrada, where the club from opened new opportunities for him to wind up as the club’s new kit man, and he couldn’t be more joyful as a man who cherished, adores and will always love football.

In 1995, Baba Sule celebrated his most prominent achievement when he scored past former Brazilian shot-stopper Julio Cesar in the final of the U17 World Cup with the Ghanaian national team, who eventually ended up winning the U17 World Cup final, sparking a memorable moment for Ghanaians to savor.

Baba Sule wanted to make his name in Spanish football and landed at Mallorca only a year later, unfortunately, he contracted hepatitis, which cut his career off. That was his first difficulty he experienced in his footballing career.

Leaving Mallorca for Ourense, where he broke two bones up in his arm. Baba came back to partake in the U20 World Cup, where he scored two more goals, Ghana finished in fourth place in the tournament.

At that point in 1999, Real Madrid took a risk with the promising youngster and secure his services into their youth academy, but he failed to make an appearance for Los Blancos and proceed onward to Leganes. Be that as it may, niggling injury issue kept on plaguing his career.

Baba Sule suffered two hard injuries that forced him to leave professional football.

Baba Sule said in an interview with Spanish newspaper ‘ABC’: “I tore my ligaments in the first game of the season. I then recovered and on my first day back in action, I damaged my knee. It was very hard for me”.

He then went on to become a driver for Manchester United’s current goalkeeper, David de Gea, until he arrived in Spain’s Third Division, Fuenlabrada, where he cleaned boots for players and loaded the balls

“Football is like this, it has two sides, sometimes it’s the good and sometimes the bad, and the injuries have changed my life,” he admitted

Source : http://cheapgoals.com/touching-story-of-a-world-cup-winner-madrid-player-who-ended-up-cleaning-boots/

. There's always light at the end of the tunnel
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by 2winsboi(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Your village people is at work,,,,,,keep off

Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by cheapgoals(m): 12:20am On Oct 26, 2017
DebbieSean:
. There's always light at the end of the tunnel

not like he's poverty stricken , he's actually bouyant.. Just that what was expected of him from his early glowing career appears somewhat different now.

Btw i love your smile wink
Re: Baba Sule Ended Up Cleaning Boots by sharisto(m): 4:16am On Oct 26, 2017
oruma19:
it doesn't matter as long as u r alive. God has a plan for him and it will materialize wen d time comes. Beta pik balls in Europe than come to Africa to suffer. God will remember u. I remember the guy so well, he was very good in the game.
REMEMBRANCE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uche Kalu Buys Range Rover For Wife, Ada Uche-Kalu As Christmas Gift (photos) / Messi's Reaction After Winning His First Ever World Cup / Obafemi Martins Shows Off The Interior Of His House As He Nurses Knee Injury(pho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.