Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) (10931 Views)

Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands / Don’t Over-rate Your Contribution To 2015 Victory – Junaid Mohammed Tels SW. / Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by gabe: 12:08am On Oct 26, 2017
bukalino:
EEDC sent electricity bill to us last week despite not having light for over six weeks. Our transformer was vandalized. The major issue is that we saw a new bill for BOREHOLE. Separate bill for borehole? I was shocked. Since I enter Onitsha na this kind madness person dey see. I never hear this one before or am I ignorant of their current billing system. Has anyone experienced such? Them no even gree say prepaid meters dey.
their billing system is just crazy. They just type anything that comes to their head. I once didn't have power in Owerri for 3 months and I was sent bills throughout. Ask them for prepaid they will be looking at you like you asked for american visa

1 Like

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by gabe: 12:18am On Oct 26, 2017
MrHistorian:
So many educated illiterates on Nairaland.

DISCOS do not generate electricity .Blame your epileptic power supply on your FG!
GENCOS are private entities. they were all sold under GEJ. They don't generate partly because politicians are using 'avengers' to burst gas pipelines. Also they are playing tom and Jerry with DISCOs and gas suppliers (NLNG). NLNG insists of selling gas to gencos for dollars. I really don't understand why NLNG, a Nigerian company is selling gas to Nigerian discos in dollars. gencos collect money from discos in naira. discos are complaining customers are not paying enough. gencos are complaining discos are not paying enough for them to buy gas and handle overhead. NLNG is complaining gencos don't pay their gas bills. Sometimes, this complaints can mean non generation of power.

1 Like

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by zoesolomon: 12:32am On Oct 26, 2017
Phed is 1% for even having a name and an office. Imagine for the past 3 months plus no light in many part of PH
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by Christaks(m): 1:01am On Oct 26, 2017
D way light take dy dy now ehnn...fear dy catch me o.

For almost 3 weeks now. We usualy hv light for about 20 hours in a whole day..

BEDC

2 Likes

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by Ugbavihi: 1:36am On Oct 26, 2017
Jedc 80%
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by guru90: 3:35am On Oct 26, 2017
0% as I am typing this no lite... Even some areas in Nigeria, No electric pole and No transformer self.....

Nigeria is one of the richest country but our useless leaders decided to invest outside Nigeria.

Nonsense!!!
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by timilehing(m): 4:11am On Oct 26, 2017
emeijeh:
Stupid BEDC.

Definitely a negative percentage.

The only thing I miss is not going to their office, as I recharge my prepaid meter via my mobile banking app
Which banking app is this?
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by March1117(m): 5:09am On Oct 26, 2017
jamace:
AEDC 25 percent

Please stop this joke of yours please.
AEDC is -0%.
Those of you giving AEDC kudos must be resident in the city. Please use your powers to rescue those of us in the satellite towns. This AEDC guys have finished us here. No prepaid meter, very high estimated bills (imagine One bedroom flat paying over 7k a month with poor supply). It's very disheartening. Please you guys should help us. I've not had light for weeks now but yet bills keep coming. Story is that the Transformer was vandalised. Who vandalised it when in the real sense, it is only the AEDC guys that go there.
Refusing to give out Pre paid meters to customers in the satellite towns just so they can continue milking them with estimated billing with no supply to show for it.
Always diverting supply to the city centre alone.
I just feel like going to their office and breaking the teeth of all their top management staff who are Zambians.
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by ayobase(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2017
candyguyofficia:
AEDC of late there have improved. There is even power supply as am typing. I will rate them 65% (perhaps its because there is usually light during Prime Time)

Where are you based?
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by genius43(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2017
March1117:

AEDC is -0%.
Those of you giving AEDC kudos must be resident in the city. Please use your powers to rescue those of us in the satellite towns. This AEDC guys have finished us here. No prepaid meter, very high estimated bills (imagine One bedroom flat paying over 7k a month with poor supply). It's very disheartening. Please you guys should help us. I've not had light for weeks now but yet bills keep coming. Story is that the Transformer was vandalised. Who vandalised it when in the real sense, it is only the AEDC guys that go there.
Refusing to give out Pre paid meters to customers in the satellite towns just so they can continue milking them with estimated billing with no supply to show for it.
I just feel like going to their office and breaking the teeth of all their top management staff who are Zambians.

With their 12-14hours daily power supply we use at most 3k on our prepaid meter
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by ayobase(m): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2017
March1117:

AEDC is -0%.

As a community, have you collectively written to the management to pour out your grievances/threats, and also reporting to NERC?

We should start from there.

Vandalization of transformer, I doubt if any official staff of AEDC can be responsible due to good take-home.

1 Like

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by emeijeh(m): 7:23am On Oct 26, 2017
timilehing:
Which banking app is this?

Firstbank's firstmobile app.
Go get yours bro
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by omoiyalayi(m): 7:27am On Oct 26, 2017
MrHistorian:

DISCOS do not generate electricity .Blame your epileptic power supply on your FG!

You re one of those educated illiterate because FG does not generate electricity that is the work of GENCOS
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by shegerun: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2017
MrHistorian:

Where were you when the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) disclosed that Discos are in the habit of refusing to take the maximum electricity loads allocated to them to distribute to there various customers? That’s also the fault of government.
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by timilehing(m): 8:00am On Oct 26, 2017
emeijeh:

Firstbank's firstmobile app.
Go get yours bro
I don't have a First bank account, other banks do not have BEDC on their list
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by PenSniper: 8:18am On Oct 26, 2017
chloride6:
Ikeja Electric

Power Supply 15%
Technical Service 2%
Billing 1%
Taking of bribe 100%
Telling people their cable has misplaced 100%
Stealing of cable from transformer 100%
Diversion of power supply to Saw Mill 100%

Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by PenSniper: 8:19am On Oct 26, 2017
Lagos, Ikorodu division - 0%
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by E2power3: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2017
chloride6:
Ikeja Electric

Power Supply 15%
Technical Service 2%
Billing 1%
Taking of bribe 100%
Telling people their cable has misplaced 100%
Stealing of cable from transformer 100%
Diversion of power supply to Saw Mill 100%

I couldn't agree less.

But you missed adding estimated billing even with your meter being new and working to it!
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by biggiesmallz15(m): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2017
phedc 90% dem done improve wella for my area for pH

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by emeijeh(m): 9:16am On Oct 26, 2017
timilehing:
I don't have a First bank account, other banks do not have BEDC on their list

Firstbank leads, others follow .
Go get an account there bro...... Thank me later
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by WaffenSS(m): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2017
Jos 100%

Kaduna -0%
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by adomuwiner(m): 9:57am On Oct 26, 2017
bedc akure, very, very poor,no staff to to attend customer complaints, poor performance.In oke-obere, Ijoka- akure, there is no light over months now.they only came there to extort the community.only one transformer for a community of over 5000 houses
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by EnaibeSam: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2017
BEDC Warri 5%
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by udeeze6: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2017
BET TO A MAN OF YOURSELF..BET9JA BOOKING CODE?
TODAY FIXED MATCH BOOKING CODE IS AT YOUR DOOR
STEP"PLS STAKE HIGHER"
DONT MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY.. WINNING IS GUARANTEED
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAY GAME

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by CioAngels(f): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
IKEJA ELECTRIC. In my area 20%. 1, Fashola will trickishly say today, don't pay estimated billings, yet, he is not doing anything to effect change, Fashola is also Highly Dubious 2, they have removed their fuse because people are not paying. 3, those that are payhng, no matter how little should STOP PAYING because is of No use paying when you are also punished for paying. 4, the buyers of NEPA whom i believe that the former heads of states who could not give light to Nigerians are part owners. 5, they are now giving consummers high ficticious bills in place of estimation billings, 6, they claim meters are not working, where do they get the consunption figures they are billing us with? 7, if they are shading light from transfer, how then, do they determine individual usage? 8, our past and present leaders, the rich that bought NEPA are simply Armed Robbers making sure the poor are extorted from, to give them. The saying that said the rich will get richer by collecting from the Poor is a fact. 9, NIGERIANS, SOME OF US HAVE BEEN IN DARKNESS FOR 1, 2, 3 WEEKS WITH NO LIGHT, I THINK WE CAN STAY FOR A LITTLE MORE BECAUSE PHCN CANNOT DETERMINE OUR DESTINE AND WHEN WE SHOULD BE HAPPY. 10, yes, we can stay for a little more because when they need money to pay salaries, then we will know is stronger. But, NIGERIANS?

1 Like

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
CynthiaChi:
EEDC 70%
which EEDC?
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by candyguyofficia(m): 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
ayobase:

Where are you based?
Kogi State
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by jpphilips(m): 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
MrHistorian:

You are dumber than the folks you are criticizing, DISCOS don't generate electricity no doubt but their unscrupulous actions keep you in darkness anyways; let me give you some examples, I was on a facility tour in a transmission station and I realised some Discos don't buy as much as they should, what it means is that if 6hrs electricity is allocated to your area, your DIsco buys just 2hrs while the rest 4hrs are darkness. where you are not on prepaid meters, your disco will bill you for those 4hrs at month end, realistically speaking, you actually pay your disco for darkness they artificially created.

From my experience interphasing with some of them, 80% of the time you are in darkness because of issues with your substation (transformers).
Do you know that your transformer requires routine maintenance? flushing and drying the coil chamber, replacing desiccants, oil etc, it is actually written in the installation manual of those sub stations, when last did your disco do that? the result is constant substation failure, a cost that is back charged to you after enjoying months of darkness. Apart from inadequate generation and weak transmission infrastructure experienced nationwide, your Disco fvcks you worse than the government, you are just too ignorant to realize that.

3 Likes

Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by jpphilips(m): 2:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
gabe:
GENCOS are private entities. they were all sold under GEJ. They don't generate partly because politicians are using 'avengers' to burst gas pipelines. Also they are playing tom and Jerry with DISCOs and gas suppliers (NLNG). NLNG insists of selling gas to gencos for dollars. I really don't understand why NLNG, a Nigerian company is selling gas to Nigerian discos in dollars. gencos collect money from discos in naira. discos are complaining customers are not paying enough. gencos are complaining discos are not paying enough for them to buy gas and handle overhead. NLNG is complaining gencos don't pay their gas bills. Sometimes, this complaints can mean non generation of power.

NLNG does not supply gas to power stations, why should the gas not be priced in usd? when the investments that produced the gas was made in Usd? go to GE website where the Gencos purchase their turbines from and show me anyone that is priced in Naira. even the service contracts that keep the plants running are priced in Usd, You have quickly forgotten that some of our Gencos are foreign investors.
Even Nigeria (NGC) doesn't sell our gas in naira why will Total or Shell do that?
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by CynthiaChi(f): 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
happybrother:
which EEDC?
undecided
happybrother:
which EEDC?
Re: Rate Your Electricity Provider (DISCO) by ayobase(m): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2017
genius43:

With their 12-14hours daily power supply we use at most 3k on our prepaid meter

Without hot elements and ac aight?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor’s Wife Constructs Classrooms, Bridge For Communities / Mambilla: Tinubu Advised To End 14-Year FG/Sunrise Case / Hon Farouk Cleared Of Wrong Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.