Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346433 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 9:24am On Feb 14, 2018
BlowJobs:

cheesy grin -18 isn't bad.

- 18 not bad? You're not a nice people
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 9:26am On Feb 14, 2018
BlowJobs:

I need to vent.

My car didn't start this morning. Battery issue.

Mrs K left for work already. I am so pissed cos this is the third time i am canceling work in 5 days.
So i already lost 80×3= 240$. That money will pay all our utilities plus some groceries for a month.

I need a new car. angry angry

I can relate
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by happney65: 11:42am On Feb 14, 2018
You wonder why Oyinbo people dey live long pass us..BJ and wife are married..they are not even talking about children yet..I trust my nigga peeps you marry and no belle na so so unnecessary pressure them go dey pile on Couples..Wetin concern oyinbo with nonesense like that..If and when they are ready for something they will do it..Simple

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
happney65:
You wonder why Oyinbo people dey live long pass us..BJ and wife are married..they are not even talking about children yet..I trust my nigga peeps you marry and no belle na so so unnecessary pressure them go dey pile on Couples..Wetin concern oyinbo with nonesense like that..If and when they are ready for something they will do it..Simple

lol. see you. u dey count am for them ni?, @bj, don't be surprised ur wife is 2months gone. She sef no know.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sevule(m): 5:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
BlowJobs:

WOW brother, Thank you for your input. I am nervous. i really am. i can't stop thinking about the interview. My wife isn't taking it serious like i am. She has no worries she has never applied for any visa in her entire life so she really don't understand what a green card interview can be like. she just kept saying don't worry. i'll copy and save this your experience somewhere with other people's experiences too, print them out and make a folder for my wife to read.

Maybe i am just overthinking but i am taking this too serious, 150% serious.

once again, thanks

Its a good thing that you are taking it seriously but to be honest you have nothing to be nervous about. You are married for real and you and wifey live together so you are good to go. I will post tips for the Green Card interview in a latter post. Have you gotten your EAD card yet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
Was funny the time franknetter was gisting us about his Amazon hiring process. I was there too sometimes ago and it was a really nice place to be..

I was offered employment but I don't think I will be accepting the offer because i already had a 2nd interview with a big corporation company and my orientation might start soon hopefully.

Mehn, Uber dey my eyes too as part time for weekend but I think I want to put my certificate to work.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:36am On Feb 15, 2018
sevule:

Its a good thing that you are taking it seriously but to be honest you have nothing to be nervous about. You are married for real and you and wifey live together so you are good to go. I will post tips for the Green Card interview in a latter post. Have you gotten your EAD card yet?

No ead yet. I just did biometrics not long ago. I meed that EAD like mad.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 12:39am On Feb 15, 2018
inase una need surrogate, feel free to contact me. I have over 10 years working experience in surrogacy. A trial will convince you. Na just pali be my pay, I no dey charge too much.
BlowJobs:

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 2:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
lionlee216:
Was funny the time franknetter was gisting us about his Amazon hiring process. I was there too sometimes ago and it was a really nice place to be..

I was offered employment but I don't think I will be accepting the offer because i already had a 2nd interview with a big corporation company and my orientation might start soon hopefully.

Mehn, Uber dey my eyes too as part time for weekend but I think I want to put my certificate to work

Good idea
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sawhite: 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
BlowJobs:

hey bro,please i would like you to send an important attachment for you to go through it,but first i need to send you a pm which i willl appreciate a reply.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
sawhite:
hey bro,please i would like you to send an important attachment for you to go through it,but first i need to send you a pm which i willl appreciate a reply.

Sure. I haven't checked my PM for few days. Will do that and reply before the end of the weekend. It is Black panther's weekend and also "recovering" from "Falen-times" grin

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sawhite: 10:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
BlowJobs:

Sure. I haven't checked my PM for few days. Will do that and reply before the end of the weekend. It is Black panther's weekend and also "recovering" from "Falen-times" grin
thanks bro,will be expecting your reply
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by giga02(m): 3:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
bro, I personally appreciated your educative post av really meant a lot; if you don't mind me taking you a little back to your earliest post about how d journey started. I have just 3 questions to ask.
1. Did you pay on arrival to your school (I.e d undergraduate program you initially went for)
2. Your posts made me understood you had to struggle to go schooling in Caribbean how did you cope with meeting your needs or them they send you money fr Naija time to time.
3. If your switch to a graduate program didn't go as planned was in till possible you were gonna be qualified for the holiday work in yankee??
I will be very grateful if you can give me questions some considerations. God bless
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Adesquare1992: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
ello BJ

To be brutally honest with you,going through this thread wasn't only helpful,the optimism and drive to pursue my goals was rekindled. Some of the stories shared only affirms that it won't be easy but,with the right and determined mindset,they are achievable.

My name is Ade and I recently completed the National Youth Service Programme. Tentatively,Nigeria isn't the right place to develop myself and unlike most Christians,I don't have enough faith to wait for that political change we have longed desired.

I studied Philosophy and finished with a CGPA of 3.75,working with the Nigeria police force was a deciding factor when I chose to study philosophy with the aim of taking a master degree in criminology and security studies to boost my cv. My brother,as it stands,I cannot work with the Nigeria police force for some personal reasons which I only realised very recently. Maybe in the nearest future,but for now,I can't.

Relocating to the United States is perhaps the dream of virtually every Nigerians. I finally came to the conclusion that I must leave Nigeria,tentatively though. If this must be achievable,what are the "right" steps to take.

Any channel deemed pragmatic is also acceptable. Every possible means no matter how rigorous is also acceptable.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
BlowJobs:

you too funny man
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lordally(m): 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2018
Coming to US this June for a conference .....
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sakalisis(m): 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
lordally:
Coming to US this June for a conference .....

Let discuss bro

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by acedboss(m): 5:03am On Feb 17, 2018
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by proficienc(m): 8:44am On Feb 17, 2018
acedboss:
Dear @Blowjobs, Thank you very much for this thread, you have done a yeoman's job. Any positives I have to say about you or the thread would just be a reiteration of what a vast majority of the folks here have already pointed out.

I started reading the thread from page 0 just 2 days ago and I found it so informative and interesting, that I could not stop or skip any page till I got to the last page (79 at the moment). I need your help, I would be really grateful if you can answer a question. A couple of people asked already on the thread and you declined to answer, and I totally understand your choice to be discreet. I'm currently studying for my Masters in Germany and I wanna help a close kin travel out of Nigeria to study. Your thread opened my eyes to the idea of the person studying in the Caribbeans. I sent you a pm, kindly reply so i can ask the few questions I need to ask, I promise I wont take a lot of your time. All the best with your AOS and everything else man.

hi acedboss,
sorry to bother you bro but I'd like to ask how you're finding Germany.
see, I'm thinking of going to Germany myself and maybe crossing over to Canada after the masters. what do you make of that?
thanks in advance
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Naughtyvirgin(m): 8:49am On Feb 17, 2018
Hello house, I need your candid advise please.
I am a graduate with a B.sc in Biochemistry, I'm currently serving and would be through with my service by April. I intend taking the SAT Exam by August.
The reason for this is because I came out with a very low gpa of 2.07 and therefore no school accepts such gpa in the USA , I intend going for B.sc in Nursing.
Here's my question

1). Since i have a B.sc already would this stop me from going to study another B.sc in Nursing?
2). I hope the VO's won't see this as an issue?
3). Should I just apply as a freshman and not tell them I have a degree b4 ?
I would be happy to get enlightened on this
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Miserablemee: 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
Bossman:
Yes, you can certainly change to IT. It's very important to know yourself and determine what you like doing. Do you like problem solving/mathematics? If, so then programming is something you can go into. Otherwise, there are other areas of IT you can delve into. Be it networking, Business Analyst, Database Admin, or even and IT project manager (PM). For PM your degree in BA will come in handy.

Honestly, if you hate math, I will not advice you to go into computer programming. It's very unlikely that you will survive doing it. Do NOT go into a specific field because you heard it pays well. Do it because it's what you like doing.

Good day sir. I have a B.A. in English Language and Literary Studies and I am currently a serving corps member. I would like to switch to IT but, to be honest with you, I hate and don't know math. I have thought about getting a CCNA routing and switching certification; do you think I can be able to achieve that even with my math deficiency[dyscalculia]? I will be greatful, if there is another field in It you can recommend.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2018
giga02:
bro, I personally appreciated your educative post av really meant a lot; if you don't mind me taking you a little back to your earliest post about how d journey started. I have just 3 questions to ask.
1. Did you pay on arrival to your school (I.e d undergraduate program you initially went for)
2. Your posts made me understood you had to struggle to go schooling in Caribbean how did you cope with meeting your needs or them they send you money fr Naija time to time.
3. If your switch to a graduate program didn't go as planned was in till possible you were gonna be qualified for the holiday work in yankee??
I will be very grateful if you can give me questions some considerations. God bless

1) NO. I however, had to be registered (at least for a course) to process my Study permit and also stay on hall of residence (on campus accommodation)

2) It was hard bro. I depleted mt funds in like 2 weeks. i had like $350USD. I depend on 100$ every 2 weeks from naija until my brain (hunger grin) signaled to me i need a job

3) Yes, i will still be. i had a good gpa and i am a registered student

What i would have done differently: I would have registered to get my Study permit and Deregister right after it was issued. Apply to some less expensive college and probably study Nursing/Nursing Assistance (1 year prog) or learn Spanish/french/Japanese/Chinese While i put in my application for a graduate school. for the next academic session.

That would have saved me a lot of money

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2018
Adesquare1992:
ello BJ

To be brutally honest with you,going through this thread wasn't only helpful,the optimism and drive to pursue my goals was rekindled. Some of the stories shared only affirms that it won't be easy but,with the right and determined mindset,they are achievable.

My name is Ade and I recently completed the National Youth Service Programme. Tentatively,Nigeria isn't the right place to develop myself and unlike most Christians,I don't have enough faith to wait for that political change we have longed desired.

I studied Philosophy and finished with a CGPA of 3.75,working with the Nigeria police force was a deciding factor when I chose to study philosophy with the aim of taking a master degree in criminology and security studies to boost my cv. My brother,as it stands,I cannot work with the Nigeria police force for some personal reasons which I only realised very recently. Maybe in the nearest future,but for now,I can't.

Relocating to the United States is perhaps the dream of virtually every Nigerians. I finally came to the conclusion that I must leave Nigeria,tentatively though. If this must be achievable,what are the "right" steps to take.

Any channel deemed pragmatic is also acceptable. Every possible means no matter how rigorous is also acceptable.

Hello sir,

Can i reply you later. You question needs practical answers.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
acedboss:
Dear @Blowjobs, Thank you very much for this thread, you have done a yeoman's job. Any positives I have to say about you or the thread would just be a reiteration of what a vast majority of the folks here have already pointed out.

I started reading the thread from page 0 just 2 days ago and I found it so informative and interesting, that I could not stop or skip any page till I got to the last page (79 at the moment). I need your help, I would be really grateful if you can answer a question. A couple of people asked already on the thread and you declined to answer, and I totally understand your choice to be discreet. I'm currently studying for my Masters in Germany and I wanna help a close kin travel out of Nigeria to study. Your thread opened my eyes to the idea of the person studying in the Caribbeans. I sent you a pm, kindly reply so i can ask the few questions I need to ask, I promise I wont take a lot of your time. All the best with your AOS and everything else man.

Okay sir.

What does this close Kin have in Mind to study?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Hello house, I need your candid advise please.
I am a graduate with a B.sc in Biochemistry, I'm currently serving and would be through with my service by April. I intend taking the SAT Exam by August.
The reason for this is because I came out with a very low gpa of 2.07 and therefore no school accepts such gpa in the USA , I intend going for B.sc in Nursing.
Here's my question

1). Since i have a B.sc already would this stop me from going to study another B.sc in Nursing?
2). I hope the VO's won't see this as an issue?
3). Should I just apply as a freshman and not tell them I have a degree b4 ?
I would be happy to get enlightened on this

I think you need to do a WES evaluation of your result. Even though it looks low 2.07. I am sure once the evaluation is complete, it should be around 2.5/2.53 on a US scale. That can get you at least a conditional graduate admission. Maybe not the field you are looking into but it is something you want to look into

You already have a degree, don't fail yourself before you even try.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
Miserablemee:

Good day sir. I have a B.A. in English Language and Literary Studies and I am currently a serving corps member. I would like to switch to IT but, to be honest with you, I hate and don't know math. I have thought about getting a CCNA routing and switching certification; do you think I can be able to achieve that even with my math deficiency[dyscalculia]? I will be greatful, if there is another field in It you can recommend.

Yes, you can. A lot of IT related field are based mostly on hands-on experience. It will surprise you what you can learn by just practicing again and again

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Adesquare1992: 5:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello Mouth Gig

Hypothetically,if I were to apply for a program in one of these Caribbean countries,which course would you have advised I applied for?

Secondly,if I were to apply for nursing knowing fully well that my degree in philosophy isn't related to the aforementioned.

What are my chances of getting a visa for a one year programme in nursing at a carribean college/university.

Ok kindly attend to my questions separately from the former.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Miserablemee: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
BlowJobs:

Yes, you can. A lot of IT related field are based mostly on hands-on experience. It will surprise you what you can learn by just practicing again and again
Thanks baba.

Hustlersinstinct
Don'tgiveup
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:03pm On Feb 17, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Hello Mouth Gig

Hypothetically,if I were to apply for a program in one of these Caribbean countries,which course would you have advised I applied for?

Secondly,if I were to apply for nursing knowing fully well that my degree in philosophy isn't related to the aforementioned.

What are my chances of getting a visa for a one year programme in nursing at a carribean college/university.

Ok kindly attend to my questions separately from the former.

Nursing program is VERY competitive not necessarily hard to be admitted in Most Caribbean countries. A lot of times, you'll need to have a Face-to-face interview. I'd suggest if you have nursing in Mind, apply for Nursing as a 2nd option. You can easily follow up your Nursing application if you come in using another program.

I applied for someone recently (who is a nurse in Nigeria from Nursing school). I applied directly into Nursing degree while i helped him submit the necessary paperwork at the Nursing council to get his Nursing License. The idea is to come in as a Student with the hope that his Nursing license will be ready. He can then use the license to look for work through the ministry of Health (Min of Health will process his work permit as long as he has a valid license).

He can then switch his nursing program to part time and work full time. We applied for Nursing Degree, the school want us to switch to Post RN nursing which will take him 2 years to complete (it is a program for Nurses who already have a diploma). The issue was that Post RN nursing is an online program and he won't be able to use is to apply for visa.

Long story short, his nursing application was denied cos he can't attend an interview. Now we are trying again this year but he hasn't shown much enthusiasm like last year.

The general idea was for him to come to the Caribbean as a Nurse, gain a year or 2 experience and either move on to Canada or UK Via work visa (which is easier from here)

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Adesquare1992: 11:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello Mouth Gig.
If I were to leave for let say Jamaica or any of the carribean countries you know very well,what will you advice I put in for?

Secondly,it is easier if I go in as an undergraduate or a graduate??
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by acedboss(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
Thanks a lot for your response. I reckon cos he was a science student, something along that line like Chemistry or something similar.

BlowJobs:

Okay sir.

What does this close Kin have in Mind to study?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by acedboss(m): 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
proficienc:

hi acedboss,
sorry to bother you bro but I'd like to ask how you're finding Germany.
see, I'm thinking of going to Germany myself and maybe crossing over to Canada after the masters. what do you make of that?
thanks in advance

Hello Bro, Germany isnt bad at all. I can't complain tbh. It is also comparatively cheaper to come here to study rather than going to the US, Canada, UK or Australia, except of course if you get a scholarship to study in either of the other countries I mentioned. I wouldn't want to derail this awesome thread so please take a look at the German student visa thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3941544/general-german-student-visa-enquiries . It is a goldmine of information, and be rest assured that every possible question you might have have already been asked and answered therein.

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.