Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Precious Actress Laughs Off Criticisms - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Precious Actress Laughs Off Criticisms (772 Views)

Annie Idibia Gives Tuface Lap-Dance While Tuface Laughs In Admiration(Pics,Video / Davido Laughs Off Reports He Signed A Peace Accord With His Babymama / 2shotz And Wife, Precious Jones Separate; Accuses Him Of Beating Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Precious Actress Laughs Off Criticisms by mamagee3(f): 2:45am On Mar 16, 2010
Though "Precious" star Gabourey Sidibe didn't nab a statuette at the Oscars, the night was clearly a win for her. She looked radiant on the red carpet, even flirting with Gerard Butler. The pressure to conform in Hollywood is legendary, but Sidibe is standing up to it with grace.

"I learned to love myself, because I sleep with myself every night and I wake up with myself every morning, and if I don't like myself, there's no reason to even live the life," she told New York magazine in September. "They [the press] try to paint the picture that I was this downtrodden, ugly girl who was unpopular in school and in life and then I got this role and now I'm awesome, but the truth is that I've been awesome, and then I got this role."

That hasn't stopped critics from attacking the actress for her size. An opportunistic weight loss supplement company recently wrote a letter to the 26-year-old performer claiming to be concerned about her health and offering her a year's supply of its product in exchange for an endorsement. "The only way you can reach your goal of someday winning that Oscar is by being active, fit, and most of all, healthy!" chirps the letter leaked to TMZ.

Shock jock Howard Stern has also called the actress out, referring to her as "the size of a planet" and saying Hollywood and Oprah (a Sidibe champion) were liars for suggesting the star would continue to have a career in show business. Guess he doesn't realize she was just cast in Showtime series "The Big C."

Sidibe, for her part, hasn't dignified the recent criticism with a response. But Jessica Simpson, host of the new VH1 reality series "The Price of Beauty" came out in defense of Sidibe. "She walked the red carpet at the Oscars and she owned it. She had such confidence and I absolutely 100 percent think she could get anything in the world that she wants."

http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/blog/74-precious-actress-laughs-off-criticisms?nc
Re: Precious Actress Laughs Off Criticisms by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 16, 2010
Thats right Gabby! She didnt design herself. If she wanted to modify herself in any way that will please her she is entitled to regardless of anyone who finds her disgusting or even those who find her beautiful, Gabby must keep in mind that their opinions should be last on the scale. She should (& does) love herself, laugh at the haters and know no matter what you do in life or how you look PPL WILL NOT LIKE YOU JUST BECAUSE. People will find fault in other people for comfort and for popularity, but the best revenge is resilience and a smile. If you live for other ppl you cannot and will not survive; thats my motto and what i live by. Big ups to her! Let them talk. People talk to hide their own flaws. Big up to J. Simpson.
Re: Precious Actress Laughs Off Criticisms by Nixnugo(f): 2:54am On Mar 16, 2010
Love Gabby!! Her confidence is endearing and the way she carries herself, head held up high is commendable. Critics will always be critics, haters will always be haters. Our ability to rise above is what eventually defines us! Go gabbby! lol. Check out this blog guys- http://naijaholic..com

(1) (Reply)

Growing Nollywood / Bips, Salman Friends Again! / We Are Moving Forward With Full Champions League Right -hitv Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.