Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me (1332 Views)

My Parents Are Using Their Lives To Ruin My Future!!! / My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2017
Hi. Please advise me please dont judge. OK.

In 2012-2013, I used to cyber bully a popular social media influencer on Instagram.

I said really awful things and I found out so much information about her and really made her life difficult. It was harassment and she made several reports to the police about the bullying and still has the evidence. I used to harass her and her family via email and social media platforms saying awful things.

Anyways, I have forgiven myself and moved on.

Nonetheless, I am older and out of my teens and I want to also be a social media influencer on Instagram..

I am scared my past will come back to haunt me. She has never met me before but she says she knows the person (my) name but she could be bluffing. She said she did not press charges because she could not be bothered to go through with the hassle.

I don't know what to do, do I go on and make the move to become a social media influencer?
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 26, 2017
I didn't catch the point of this folklore.
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by kweenkong(f): 9:48am On Oct 26, 2017
Questions
1) why did you take your time harass her and her family ? Was it for fun ,money or fame?
2) Dont you think you need to apologise to her , its funny to hear you say you have forgiving yourself .

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2017
kweenkong:
Questions
1) why did you take your time harass her and her family ? Was it for fun ,money or fame?
2) Dont you think you need to apologise to her , its funny to hear you say you have forgiving yourself .

I was mentally unwell.

I apologised to her she did not reply.

What should I do? Should I pursue my dream
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Marvel1206: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2017
I think you should meet her in person and sincerely apologize.
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by kunlesufyan(m): 9:52am On Oct 26, 2017
Okay
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:52am On Oct 26, 2017
karma is indeed a BIATCH!!!!
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 26, 2017
Marvel1206:
I think you should meet her in person and sincerely apologize.

She is famous how do I find her address??

I just want to move on. Is it wise to create my own account pursue my dreams as a social media influencer?

I am.just scared it will come back to bite me and she will expose me.

But I am not sure she even knows who I am she said that she has never met the person who bullied her before (but she did as I met her three times she just did not know who i was) and she said that she knows my name ...

What do I do
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Marvel1206: 10:06am On Oct 26, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

She is famous how do I find her address??

I just want to move on. Is it wise to create my own account pursue my dreams as a social media influencer?

I am.just scared it will come back to bite me and she will expose me.

But I am not sure she even knows who I am she said that she has never met the person who bullied her before (but she did as I met her three times she just did not know who i was) and she said that she knows my name ...

What do I do
The same way you met her.
If you can't do that, create an anonymous email and apologise via email. Not just the regular "I'm sorry"
You should try to explain things to her
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 26, 2017
Marvel1206:

The same way you met her.
If you can't do that, create an anonymous email and apologise via email. Not just the regular "I'm sorry"
You should try to explain things to her

OK.

Fair enough.

I sent her an email and she did not reply.
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Marvel1206: 10:24am On Oct 26, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

OK.
Fair enough.
I sent her an email and she did not reply.
Keep sending and improve on the apology
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2017
Marvel1206:

Keep sending and improve on the apology

That might aggravate her more.

Should I go forward with my career plan and pursue being a social media influencer I'm just scared she knows who I am a d will expose me and it will be humiliating
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by PresVA: 10:33am On Oct 26, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Should I go forward with my career plan and pursue being a social media influencer I'm just scared she knows who I am a d will expose me and it will be humiliating
Unless you have alternative careers to pursue, I suggest you go on.. You can't tell if she knows you or not unless you try... but bear in mind that it could go either way...
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Marvel1206: 10:36am On Oct 26, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Ok. There are two options now.
It is either you find a way to meet her in person and apologize for your wrongdoings. Or

Go ahead with your plans, then tender a public apology to her. That would neutralize her future blackmails and put an end to it

Either way, she should know who you are.
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 26, 2017
Marvel1206:

Ok. There are two options now.
It is either you find a way to meet her in person and apologize for your wrongdoings. Or

Go ahead with your plans, then tender a public apology to her. That would neutralize her future blackmails and put an end to it

Either way, she should know who you are.

How should she know?
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 26, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Should I go forward with my career plan and pursue being a social media influencer I'm just scared she knows who I am a d expose me and it will be humiliating
So you knew your life wasn't perfect, yet you went bullying someone on social media and probably putting the "I'm better than you" front for cheap attention. Okay, you either lay low with that dream of yours or go forward with it with your mind prepared to get a dose of your medication if the lady or someone else decides to come for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 26, 2017
Benita27:
So you knew your life wasn't perfect, yet you went bullying someone on social media and probably putting the "I'm better than you" front for cheap attention. Okay, you either lay low with that dream of yours or go forward with it with your mind prepared to get a dose of your medication if the lady or someone else decides to come for you.

OK
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Marvel1206: 10:48am On Oct 26, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

How should she know?
You can't eat your cake and have it bruh. You have to expose yourself and face all the resulting effects. Put an end to it once and for all. It is like you trying to bury a harzardous waste in a polythene bag, it will one day expose and its effects will be devastating

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 26, 2017
Marvel1206:

You can't eat your cake and have it bruh. You have to expose yourself and face all the resulting effects. Put an end to it once and for all. It is like you trying to bury a harzardous waste in a polythene bag, it will one day expose and its effects will be devastating

No.

Here is what I will do.

I will pursue my goals to the Max.

If she ever even knows who I am and exposes me I will figure a way to deal with it.

Can't live my life based on what ifs

People have done worse than me and still made it in life.
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Marvel1206: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

No.

Here is what I will do.

I will pursue my goals to the Max.

If she ever even knows who I am and exposes me I will figure a way to deal with it.

Can't live my life based on what ifs

People have done worse than me and still made it in life.

Okay bro. But you and I know prevention is better than trying to contain damages
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
am i the only one here who has absolutely NO IDEA what a "social media influencer" is?!
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by egopersonified(f): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
am i the only one here who has absolutely NO IDEA what a "social media influencer" is?!

No you are not, just googled it.

A Social Media Influencer is a user on social media who has established credibility in a specific industry. A social media influencer has access to a large audience and can persuade others by virtue of their authenticity and reach.

My question is, who or what do you want to influence?
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Marvel1206: 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
egopersonified:

A Social Media Influencer is a user on social media who has established credibility in a specific industry. A social media influencer has access to a large audience and can persuade others by virtue of their authenticity and reach.

A social media influencer is basically a respected online personality or a social media celebrity. And going by what he said, he plans to base his career on social media.
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by egopersonified(f): 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2017
Marvel1206:

A social media influencer is basically a respected online personality or a social media celebrity. And going by what he said, he plans to base his career on social media.

I just wanted to know what industry on social media. Sports, politics, fashion, religion, etc.
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by Marvel1206: 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2017
egopersonified:

I just wanted to know what industry on social media. Sports, politics, fashion, religion, etc.
Well, disclosure relies on his discretion.
Cc Lookingforadvic
Re: What Should I Do? Confused On My Future Please Advise Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
egopersonified:

lol, is that a job or a hobby.... do you mean influence like them Kardashians and their rubbish Kylie Jenner challenge, for example?! or influencer with the latest hot water challenge maybe?

(1) (Reply)

From Queen Elizabeth II To Japan’s Imperial:Meet Royal Families Around The World / See The Moment 3 Sons Watches As Their Dad & Mum Kissing In Lovely Photos / Some Things We Do As Women That Destroys Our Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.