Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations (5707 Views)

The Nigeria I Handed Over To Buhari Was The Biggest Economy In Africa – jonathan / 'Nigeria ‘ll Be Africa’s Biggest Economy By 2023' / Go To Nigeria And Be Kidnapped - Nigeria Now Ranked The 6th Kidnapping Country. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 8:23am On Mar 16, 2010
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2001rank.html?countryName=Nigeria&countryCode=ni&regionCode=af&rank=33#ni

When i first started checking this in 2004, we were ranked neck and neck with morocco (59th)

I would like to congradulate my PEOPLES for coming along way in such a short time!

Vision 20/20 might be achieved in the next 5 years or less, after all we're not that far!
Nigeria has been jumping in leaps and bounds, its a shame that im alone in my pride because non nigerians don't care and nigerian are totally oblivious to whats happening in nigeria.

After all Biafra is the top topic on this site when we're building Eco Atlantics, Warri Industrial Parks, Lekki Free Trade Zones, Greater Port Harcourts, modernizing our roads (finally), being the worlds fastest growing market for constructtion (meaning we're outbuilding the emirates), and now nigerians aer buying banks and iarports in western countries. Nigerians that made their money honestly.

There's still a long way to go, and no matter how frustrated i get at nigerians at times i know there's nothing strong enough to stop us from getting there

CONGRATS!
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 8:27am On Mar 16, 2010
Just look at this.

The Average nigerian video in 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZgMUPh--c

and 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2VNeZoWXU

talkless of 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnIWWcYdqXc

not saying which song is better then which, but my point is the quality
OUR PEOPLE ARE TRYING O!
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by EzeUche(m): 8:30am On Mar 16, 2010
For a population this size, we should be at least be in the top 10. Sorry but being 33 is not something to be proud of. undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Beaf: 8:34am On Mar 16, 2010
Big economy where people can't eat, there is no electricity, babies are slaughtered and cabals are running amock. . . embarassed
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by SEFAGO(m): 8:35am On Mar 16, 2010
Interesting statistics. Did you notice that the number country was the European Union and then the second largest was united States. Lol, lots of countries in the European Union, when you separate all of them Naija will go back to 59th position hehe
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2010
all the european countries were counted seperately if you don't see germany, italy, france and so on clearly on that list.

i mean seriously ppl.

european union is an extra add.

ppl, please don't make me change my mind about nigerians lol
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 8:40am On Mar 16, 2010
anyways, im not saying 33 is the end all of all achievement but in 2004 we were 59, and those we were ranked with seldom moved from their spot.

we were even on par with Pakistan at the time, so im not hailing the position, im hailing the dramatic increase.

most ppl said we wouldn't reach 20 in 2020, but clearly we will at this pace (mind you we can grow even faster)

nigeria is really taking off and its sad but the ones least aware are nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 16, 2010
Ikengawo:

anyways, im not saying 33 is the end all of all achievement but in 2004 we were 59, and those we were ranked with seldom moved from their spot.

we were even on par with Pakistan at the time, so im not hailing the position, im hailing the dramatic increase.

most ppl said we wouldn't reach 20 in 2020, but clearly we will at this pace (mind you we can grow even faster)

nigeria is really taking off and its sad but the ones least aware are nigerians.

and whats your point ?pakistan is ranked 28th on the current list.meaning nigeria has not improved as fast as Pakistan. For a country with our population and potential to be ranked 33rd is IMHO shameful.Nothing to celebrate yet.Maybe we should wait for your magic year 2020,and then see where we are then undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Beaf: 8:55am On Mar 16, 2010
This is another brain dead post that pretends its all good with the country. It isn't.
We are better of solving our problems than singing funny tunes.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 9:00am On Mar 16, 2010
my friend you are the one calling yourself beef on the internet
it is your father who is pork, mumu

lol who said 'all is good'
im saying some is good.

and congradulating that some instead of dwelling in ignorance and self loathing like the rest of your vaseline hording animals lol.

anyways, this solidifies my theory: i love nigeria and hate nigerias.
cause as nigeria does well, nigerians ignore it and complain.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 16, 2010
Ikengawo:

my friend you are the one calling yourself beef on the internet
it is your father who is pork, mumu

lol who said 'all is good'
im saying some is good.

and congradulating that some instead of dwelling in ignorance and self loathing like the rest of your vaseline hording animals lol.

anyways, this solidifies my theory: i love nigeria and hate nigerias.
cause as nigeria does well, nigerians ignore it and complain.

cheap insults will get you nowhere.only shows how deep your ignorance is.

You want us to celebrate when countries like Pakistan, Indonesia,Iran,Thailand,Venezuela(population 26million),Colombia,Malaysia(population 28million) are ranked above us.You must be delusional
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Beaf: 9:14am On Mar 16, 2010
MrPrsdent:

cheap insults will get you nowhere.only shows how deep your ignorance is.

You want us to celebrate when countries like Pakistan, Indonesia,Iran,Thailand,Venezuela(population 26million),Colombia,Malaysia(population 28million) are ranked above us.You must be delusional

Thank you jare!
We shouldn't mind that brain dead runt.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 9:17am On Mar 16, 2010
my friend who is brian dead, did HIV not take your father
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 9:17am On Mar 16, 2010
Beef, who is your father ahahahahahhaha! is he on the list?
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 9:23am On Mar 16, 2010
for the first time in decades, nigeria also currently has a president that most ppl feel is legitimately in position due to proper implimentation of the constitution!

CONGRADULATIONS YOU BITTER AND BROKEN DEPRESSED UNPATRIOTIC INGRATES!
NAIJA DEY 4EVER!!
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by RichyBlacK(m): 9:25am On Mar 16, 2010
Ikengawo:

Beef, who is your father ahahahahahhaha! is he on the list?

But why insult his father? angry
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2010
because he come to canada to drive taxi when his mates are building Eco Atlantic back in nigeria.

i dont care, anyone that wants to offend the efforts of well meaning nigerians helping the country grow with their mental illness will be equally offended.

if you have nothing go to say i too have nothing good to say about you because odds are your father drives taxi
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by RichyBlacK(m): 9:30am On Mar 16, 2010
Ikengawo:

because he come to canada to drive taxi when his mates are building Eco Atlantic back in nigeria.

i dont care, anyone that wants to offend the efforts of well meaning nigerians helping the country grow with their mental illness will be equally offended.

if you have nothing go to say i too have nothing good to say about you because odds are your father drives taxi

But why bring his father into it? Why not limit your reaction to him? What did his dad do to deserve your insults?
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Ikengawo: 9:35am On Mar 16, 2010
my friend are you his father? come get out!
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 16, 2010
RichyBlacK:

But why bring his father into it? Why not limit your reaction to him? What did his dad do to deserve your insults?

don't mind him. He wants Nigeria to be paradise with generators grin

His friends are building eco atlantic with imported chinese tiger generators grin.that's what we should celebrate.

without 24/7 electricity,Nigeria is going nowhere.Once there is electricity,the multiplier effect will affect all sectors of the economy and drastically reduce corruption.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by RichyBlacK(m): 9:39am On Mar 16, 2010
Ikengawo:

my friend are you his father? come get out!

You should show some respect and stop insulting people's parents. It doesn't speak well of you. Beaf never insulted your father; I see no reason why you should just insult his father.

On Sunday you'll pick your bible and go to church, but you still feel justified insulting people's parents. That's definitely not what the pastor teaches in church.

You should apologize to Beaf and let it go.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by gidson12(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2010
@ ikengawo
i c d point u where tryin' 2 make, but y end it up with insulting ppls parents, u have 2 apologize 2 beef
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Beaf: 10:02am On Mar 16, 2010
RichyBlacK:

You should show some respect and stop insulting people's parents. It doesn't speak well of you. Beaf never insulted your father; I see no reason why you should just insult his father.

On Sunday you'll pick your bible and go to church, but you still feel justified insulting people's parents. That's definitely not what the pastor teaches in church.

You should apologize to Beaf and let it go.

Thanks RichyBlacK and gidson12, but don't expect too much about the brain dead foo'l.
Imagine a grown up proudly juggling meaningless figures when his country is so visibly shattered.

@Ikengawo or Paroh Frey or walakolobo
He-goats have beards the same way grown men do, so once in a while looks deceive the unwary; but words and actions don't. Mpki! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 16, 2010
Beaf:

@Ikengawo or Paroh Frey or walakolobo
He-goats have beards the same way grown men do, so once in a while looks deceive the unwary; but words and actions don't. Mpki! grin grin grin grin

LWKMD grin
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 16, 2010
33RD Biggest economy with most of the people in abject poverty.

Is this not a total shame on the government both past and present ??
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by beystwin: 10:32am On Mar 16, 2010
without 24/7 electricity,Nigeria is going nowhere.Once there is electricity,the multiplier effect will affect all sectors of the economy and drastically reduce corruption.
You can say that again. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by violent(m): 10:35am On Mar 16, 2010
the economy is simply getting bigger and the people getting poorer. . what a feat!, Kudos to my dear country
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by MPEROR: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2010
Slow and steady 60,000 megawatts of electricity,railroad rehab,steel industry,more em phase on agriculture, graduating Engineers who don't mind get their hands dirty ,university graduates who can raise chicken,pig,fish,cut grass whatever that is.graduates who want to be employers instead of employees, youth service corpers that will plant cash crops along all the high ways in NIGERIA and are ready to fight the effect of the Sahara in the North,bring back our groundnut pyramid in the north ,cocoa and let palm oil flow in river Niger again and we will be alright just as a start AND THE LOVE OF GREEN WHITE GREEN and maybe each other
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by oge4real(f): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2010
Lets wait for the improvement to start affecting lives.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by Demoladoc: 11:44am On Mar 16, 2010
the economy has to get bigger first b4 the multiplier effect can reach the masses. And this wont be by magic. It will take some time as the economy get bigger and we sort out issues like electricty,road, health and education then will d effect get to the masses

People must remember that the economy being big doesnt translate immediately to good live for everybody as even countries like south africa with even bigger economies than nigeria's still have a very high poverty rate. I know because i live in SA.

What is important is for the govt to have d will power to want to improve on pples' lives.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by knotty(m): 11:50am On Mar 16, 2010
Why are nitwits in a hurry to abuse another person`s father over trivial matters?

could it be because they wake up from bed riling and  running their fathers` nose in the mud or that they simply
never had a father (or at least a father figure)?

if you must abuse, given that is how you were brought up, please, limit it to the person under attack.
KEEP OUT FATHERS AND MOTHERS! if you do not have respect for yours, we have respect for ours.
Re: Nigeria Is Now Ranked 33rd Biggest Economy Among Nations by arogbowei: 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2010
Let's focus on the topic please.

To a naive, inexperienced person, this sure calls for celebration. But to a discerning mind, no. Statistically, Nigeria is growing, but whta is the reality on ground?

1. No good governance.
2. No power
3. No infrastructure
4. No security
5. No social security
6. Plenty of manipulation/propaganda.
7. Human develoment indices zero.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Richest President (photos) / IPOB Raise High 'biafran Flag' In Brazil Rio 2016 Olympics (VIDEO) / What Will Niger Deltans Really Gain From Being Part Of Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.