Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (31417 Views)

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by mixter(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:
You did the right thing.
We are proud of you smiley
You thought I was joking when I said "Akonuche" dey your head abi? Thumbs up don4real.
Reminds me of the cartoon Pocahontas.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by kimewills(f): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
Really nice...and I pray you get a better one soon.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Modelqwen(f): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
shocked

Good one

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Willie2015: 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
“Everyone has a price, the important thing is to find out what it is.”
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by jaychubi: 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
I thought you are insane until I read d part where dey scam ppl. U did d right thing
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Adaumunocha(f): 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
8 hrs to from home to the office? Na interstate job Dat can't b right

2 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Tmercy(m): 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
Good as an individual you should know what you stand for. I resigned before even getting my salary for this month Reason
I was employed as a project supervisor and we've been able to execute one project. That was on my 1st two weeks as a trainee without pay, now we have no project on ground and I have been turned to an errand boy by the Boss. He drags me to his party n compel me to serve guest which I stylishly resist. He is so aggressive he transfers aggression on every one if someone offends him calling us names. He doesn't listen to our opinion with his favorite line when I talk you don't talk. Last Saturday was the last straw he was hitting me on my chest n almost hit me on my face n told me to leave the vicinity like say I be baby. Now people at work are calling me to apologize to him saying I should know him for that which I totally refused and I quit going to the office. He's been telling them I'm so arrogant that I can't even inform him I'm quitting.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by ignis: 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nice one.... Job is meant to be enjoyed.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by don4real18(m): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
Josh44s:

Op na from Warri to Enugu you dey go work everyday be that
Na Lagos to Calabar grin
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by saintruky(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
cummando:
Good one
Same reason I resigned from my microfinance bank.
Oh its a scam alright. Scamming peoples lives and sanity!

By the time the curses begin to manifest ehn......?
God will provide another brother

Which microfinance bank?
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by lonelydora: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:
Someone asked me why will you resign from your job when you haven't gotten another In this present Nigeria and I put up my million dollar smile grin and told him that a there are benefits in having a good name. cool

I know things are really difficult in this economy of ours. Getting a job is one and getting benefits from the job is another with examples from the woes being suffered by the civil servants in Kogi.

I was jobless for about 3months because the company I worked for didn't have any project at hand so we came to a mutual understanding and I moved on.
During my jobless period, I searched and searched for a job but this is Nigeria where anything goes. You know you are qualified for an engineering position but an accountant who is the HR feels otherwise or you attend an interview and they want you to collect peanuts that wouldn't help you save at the end of the day.

After I passed through this frustrations, I decided to take a digital marketing course which finally helped in securing my job as a digital marketer in a one-man firm. (I never knew it was a one-man firm before having read the experiences of other Nairalanders)

I started the job based on what I was told at the interview but later realized that it was all lies.
Ranging from who really owns the firm to my job descriptions.
So, I have listed the major reasons in no particular order on why I resigned after working for just a month

Distance and Security
The distance from my house to my workplace takes approximately 8hrs on the road to and fro
I lacked sleep, moved about with a keen sense of security due to early morning and late night movements. Sometimes, I I wouldn't get vehicles and would need to walk a long distance to be able to get home and this really affected my health.

Job description
I know what I signed for during the interview but it was different when I started.
I didn't only do the work of a digital marketer but also train other staffs who are not too skilled with the computer, do Graphics Design each day, if any computer develop problems, I will need to check it out, develop business proposals, look for clients offline (Marketer) and also serve as a customer care.
I was being exploited by my boss.

Integrity at stake
During my second week, I finally knew that the company was a joke.
They scam unsuspecting victims. Companies and individuals.
You will be listed on the website and be called to register stating that they have jobs for you.
The victims fall for it and will probably wait for eternity before they can get a job from the company.
The owner of the company put me under lots of pressure to do this and if there's one thing I believe in, it is a good name.
I can't just scam people trying to make ends meet so that I can be paid my salary.

So, I resigned after a month. The owner called me telling me to return and I refused. He made a offer that I work from home which I didn't accept...

About a week later, a subscriber threatened one of the staffs in the office and another staff followed my footstep and I was happy that I left before this occurred.

In life we are often faced with situations such as this, so will you sell your integrity for stipends? The world will certainly be a better place if we believe that it begins with our actions.

You have done well my brother. A good name ia better than Silver and Gold.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by bunmioguns(m): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
We are legitimate data reseller.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Sike(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2017
Wehdone sir
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by hadura29(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
Tmercy:
Good as an individual you should know what you stand for. I resigned before even getting my salary for this month Reason
I was employed as a project supervisor and we've been able to execute one project. That was on my 1st two weeks as a trainee without pay, now we have no project on ground and I have been turned to an errand boy by the Boss. He drags me to his party n compel me to serve guest which I stylishly resist. He is so aggressive he transfers aggression on every one if someone offends him calling us names. He doesn't listen to our opinion with his favorite line when I talk you don't talk. Last Saturday was the last straw he was hitting me on my chest n almost hit me on my face n told me to leave the vicinity like say I be baby. Now people at work are calling me to apologize to him saying I should know him for that which I totally refused and I quit going to the office. He's been telling them I'm so arrogant that I can't even inform him I'm quitting.

Is it a start up? If yes, all of them are like that, from project supervisor to delivery and logistic man.. Mtchew.. Planning to stop by December..

3 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Tmercy(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
hadura29:

Is it a start up? If yes, all of them are like that, from project supervisor to delivery and logistic man.. Mtchew.. Planning to stop by December..
yea a start up and its been a bad experience
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
pocohantas:
You did the right thing.
We are proud of you smiley
don't you wish to know what a tear rubber landcruiser feels like? FB grin
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Mikeal09: 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2017
Some four years back, I went through similar shit, the difference being that you earned far more than i did... Guess what?? I woke up one morning and knew i was gonna quit and yes i did! Thank JEHOVAH I did! Today, I actually do business with my ex-boss. I earn more now by God's grace and the best part of it is that, I wake up knowing- my stress, my money!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by EmpressT(f): 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
Thank God you left that miserable place of work you call a job

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Joshchi(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
Tmercy:

Tell those that are asking you to apologise to him to tell him that he is stupid. Insulting and assaulting an employee is highly wrong and should not be tolerated.

You know your worth.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by katniss(f): 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
don4real18:
Someone asked me why will you resign from your job when you haven't gotten another In this present Nigeria and I put up my million dollar smile grin and told him that a there are benefits in having a good name. cool

I know things are really difficult in this economy of ours. Getting a job is one and getting benefits from the job is another with examples from the woes being suffered by the civil servants in Kogi.

I was jobless for about 3months because the company I worked for didn't have any project at hand so we came to a mutual understanding and I moved on.
During my jobless period, I searched and searched for a job but this is Nigeria where anything goes. You know you are qualified for an engineering position but an accountant who is the HR feels otherwise or you attend an interview and they want you to collect peanuts that wouldn't help you save at the end of the day.

After I passed through this frustrations, I decided to take a digital marketing course which finally helped in securing my job as a digital marketer in a one-man firm. (I never knew it was a one-man firm before having read the experiences of other Nairalanders)

I started the job based on what I was told at the interview but later realized that it was all lies.
Ranging from who really owns the firm to my job descriptions.
So, I have listed the major reasons in no particular order on why I resigned after working for just a month

Distance and Security
The distance from my house to my workplace takes approximately 8hrs on the road to and fro
I lacked sleep, moved about with a keen sense of security due to early morning and late night movements. Sometimes, I I wouldn't get vehicles and would need to walk a long distance to be able to get home and this really affected my health.

Job description
I know what I signed for during the interview but it was different when I started.
I didn't only do the work of a digital marketer but also train other staffs who are not too skilled with the computer, do Graphics Design each day, if any computer develop problems, I will need to check it out, develop business proposals, look for clients offline (Marketer) and also serve as a customer care.
I was being exploited by my boss.

Integrity at stake
During my second week, I finally knew that the company was a joke.
They scam unsuspecting victims. Companies and individuals.
You will be listed on the website and be called to register stating that they have jobs for you.
The victims fall for it and will probably wait for eternity before they can get a job from the company.
The owner of the company put me under lots of pressure to do this and if there's one thing I believe in, it is a good name.
I can't just scam people trying to make ends meet so that I can be paid my salary.

So, I resigned after a month. The owner called me telling me to return and I refused. He made a offer that I work from home which I didn't accept...

About a week later, a subscriber threatened one of the staffs in the office and another staff followed my footstep and I was happy that I left before this occurred.

In life we are often faced with situations such as this, so will you sell your integrity for stipends? The world will certainly be a better place if we believe that it begins with our actions.

someone once told me (unsolicited advice) that I should never quit my job for any reason, not even for sexual harassment until I've secured another job.
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Originalsly: 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
Tmercy:
Last Saturday was the last straw he was hitting me on my chest n almost hit me on my face n told me to leave the vicinity like say I be baby. Now people at work are calling me to apologize to him
Hmmmm.... so he was hitting you... a grown man in the chest.... and you allowed him to leave with all his teeth in his mouth?.... and an unbroken jaw? .......and we still wonder why these bosses be treating their employees like babies. Monkey knows which branch to jump on
@op...you left too quietly....should've informed all his customers that the company is a fraud!

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by don4real18(m): 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
katniss:

someone once told me (unsolicited advice) that I should never quit my job for any reason, not even for sexual harassment until I've secured another job.
Please, do not follow that advise... It's extremely wrong

2 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by gbagyiza: 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
U did d right thing by saving your image..One man business has a lot of risk..people should do a lot of investigation before taking appointment in a one man business, except d man is a professional, that is financially OK and capable of handling d business in a professional manner..

3 Likes

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by hadura29(m): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
Tmercy:
yea a start up and its been a bad experience

Hmm. Mine is bitter sweet.. But most times it is tiring.. Sunday to Sunday oo.. No break
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by don4real18(m): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
nwakibie3:
op I think I know the office in lekki grin grin
Well, you might have come across them
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by don4real18(m): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mikeal09:
Some four years back, I went through similar shit, the difference being that you earned far more than i did... Guess what?? I woke up one morning and knew i was gonna quit and yes i did! Thank JEHOVAH I did! Today, I actually do business with my ex-boss. I earn more now by God's grace and the best part of it is that, I wake up knowing- my stress, my money!
How can you tell if I earned more than you?

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Abduletudaye(m): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
Great move man! Its most likely one of those advanced GNLD brouhaha.

I really don't understand the sphere we are in these days.

You have to go through so much to get tailor made jobs.

Even at that, or as a way of the coy/company trying to cut cost, they coin one's confirmation letter in such a way that its going to be cleverly filled with ambiguity.

At the end of the hour, you see other funny job roles assigned to you.

Its contract marketing staffs i have sheer worry for.

Doing the same job a professional staff does but paid crumbs and someone from God knows where will still insist you save! Anyway, it is well with Us. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Tchiman(m): 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
SNIPER123:
grin
Technically speaking 99.999% of Nigerians are corrupt. embarassed

Sorry I am not....Speak for yourself!!!

meanwhile check signature to start making passive money on the side!!
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by SNIPER123: 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
cheesy by their fruit... self defensive embarassed
Tchiman:

Sorry I am not....Speak for yourself!!!

meanwhile check signature to start making passive money on the side!!
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Tmercy(m): 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
Originalsly:
Hmmmm.... so he was hitting you... a grown man in the chest.... and you allowed him to leave with all his teeth in his mouth?.... and an unbroken jaw? .......and we still wonder why these bosses be treating their employees like babies. Monkey knows which branch to jump on
@op...you left too quietly....should've informed all his customers that the company is a fraud!
Never wanted to cause a scene tho
Re: Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month by Tmercy(m): 8:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
hadura29:

Hmm. Mine is bitter sweet.. But most times it is tiring.. Sunday to Sunday oo.. No break
so far there is respect money ain't everything

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16 Years Banking Experience As A Contract Staff (Age Barrier) / TV Continental (TVC) Treating Interns Like 'Slaves' - NewTelegraphOnline / Happy To Finally Resume My Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licence Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.