Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder (38925 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by adenigga(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
A Polytechnic graduate in Kaduna, Ali Dahiru, who resigned his job in Zenith Bank and took to selling bread, says his decision has turned out to be a blessing.

Dahiru, a Higher National Diploma holder, who graduated from Kaduna Polytechnic in the field of Cooperative Economic and Management, told the News Agency of Nigeria that he hawked bread on the streets of Kaduna, and was proud of his trade.

”After my graduation, I worked with Zenith Bank as ‘Contract Staff’ for six years, before I resigned to start selling bread.

Narrating how his ‘romance’ with the bread business started, Dahiru said a man that was bringing bread to the bank, arose his interest.

”It was during my annual leave that I decided to talk to a man who sells bread to us in the bank, indicating my interest in the trade.

“I had realised that what he earned in selling bread was more than my monthly earnings at the bank.

”He tried to discourage me on the grounds that as a graduate, bread-selling was not something I should embark on, but I insisted.

”I eventually resigned from the bank and started selling bread on a motorcycle, to the surprise and dismay of some people,” he said.

He said his economic status had risen now, compared with when he was a casual staff at the Zenith Bank, adding that he was now in a position to assist people in need of money.

“I am not ashamed of selling bread as a graduate; those that parade themselves as graduates and do not have a source of income do ask for assistance from me; they should be ashamed, not me.

”I save a minimum of N5,000 daily if my customers did not default in settling my money, but if they do, I save N3000 daily,” he boasted.

According to him, his only challenge is the means of transporting bread to customers, saying the motorbike currently being used, is inadequate.

”I use a motorcycle which cannot carry large quantity of bread to meet up with the demand of my customers; some times I to go to the bakery three to four times, and often time before I finish my supply, the bread at the bakery would have finished,” he said.

While calling on young graduates to embrace legitimate businesses, no matter how little, he admonished the youth to always “cut their coat according to their size.” (NAN)

Source: https://punchng.com/Why-I-resigned-my-bank-job-for-bread-hawking-HND-holder

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by elonmuskbaby: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
Your buisness

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Snitch24(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2021
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
You're definitely clueless bro
U don't have a point
From a bank job to Hawking bread on the street
Not even distributing in large scale
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr

97 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by BirtherOfKings(f): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
I don't have courage to hawk bread
Sun will finish me and cos me to run back inside

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by aylive02(m): 7:32am On Aug 19, 2021
This take extra courage. At least it's better than doing nothing.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2021
"Majority of the youths commenting on nairaland are the reason Nigeria is in this great mess, I have never seen a larger congregation of youthful fools in a single country as Nigeria (nairaland made me know this)...they are so dumb, daft and stupid"

"Furthermore, they go about displaying their stupidity in public with so much pride and without shame, to them its cool being a fool, some of them think insulting everything Nigeria will transform it to paradise while their life waste away" - Village People spokesperson.

165 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by socialmediaman: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2021
Does he really save N5,000 daily? That’s like N100K monthly. Better than stay home and beg friends and family for money to feed.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by falseprophet: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2021
grin
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by ChasinGood(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2021
His life,his rules...
angry

5 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by olaolulazio(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2021
Ik
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by jieta: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
The mistake you made is realising that blue collar job is better than some white collar job. If you had use that six years you spent in the bank to be selling bread by now you would have been saving more than five thousand.

That was how my mum introduce me to her business after graduation, she open a store for me gave me twenty thousand worth of good, in two years i was able to buy a plot of land, in another two years have been able to develop my land to Dpc level.

The next year she belcon on me that she need to go back to our state of origin after spending more than twenty years to develop her store and having numerous customer. Just one year in her store have been able to take my house to lintel level hoping to roof it by December.

Some of this white collar job are overrated.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Aderewah: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
I have realized that a lot of Nigerians are clueless and uneducated. Once they glorify something, they will continue thinking in that one direction without any reflection until oyinbo think for the. On the economy and jobs, Nigeria is a counry that has a different reality from every single other country. With a population explosion and no industrializatio yet on a massive scale, its a land of opportunity. But many people can not see it due to ignorance and lack of long term building.

The follwoing are some probems in Nigeria and economic opportunities/solution:

1. Expensive food.
Cause: Explosive population. Dependence on food from Seme border and northern Nigeria.
Solution/opportunity: Massive investment in industrial farms in southern states as well as food processing plants will create thousands of jobs and much cheaper food.

2. Housing.
Cause: Real estate is in the hands of baba landlords and concious, consumer and affrodable residential real estate is non existent.
Solution/opportunity: Real estate companies that build houses near farms, factories and other facilities will woo people to rent there rather than pverconcentralization in Lagos and buja.

3. Education: People are at the mercy of expensive schools by greedy school owners paying peanuts. When commuity can come together, rent a building and scree graduates from that same communites who will teach in the school. You coown the school your kids go to, remove the profit and make it cheaper and better since you are involved.

Keypoints: Produce food in scale, process food, live in cheaper housing away from big cities and coown or cobuild infastructure like schools and roads. Power your house with solar. We can solve our many problems by being ingenious, rather than praying daily with no work and getting worse every day.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by gistray: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
Alternatively..

Maybe it's your destiny n you're surrendering to it

2 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by pencilee(m): 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
Ọmọ
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by 24kmagic: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
You need am
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by KingAzari: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
104937407: ”After my graduation, I worked with Zenith Bank as ‘Contract Staff’ for six years, before I resigned to start selling bread.

Take note of that before you hop on a bike and start selling bread.. He was a contract staff for 6 good fvcking years. He was frustrated out of the banking job that he did not have in actual sense of bank job.

5 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by musty2245: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
This bread go sweet die grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Sonnobax15(m): 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
grin
Good..

Sometimes when I see people making jest of those of us wey dey hustle on a daily for bakery,I just dey shake my head..... Because they don't know how lucrative it is, especially if you've got the idea and experience on it....

For sure,no matter how I go blow reach for this life,I must one day package my own bakery....

Many people may not know this but there's this kinda unique sweetness one derives from being self employed...No insults and see-finish at all.....
My former boss who ventured into the business in 2016 don buy compound last year plus one small car wey he take dey turn around town..

Abeg,miller go ON engine make we start milling jor..

17 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by OhiOfIhima: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2021
You sure say I no go resign this my 30k job n become a conductor so... This job fvcking sh*t. Damn it. I cry every gadem night thinking of the way forward in this our Obodo Nigeria.

If you know any driver plying Oshodi-Tollgate-Sango road n he is need of conductor, make una ping me oo..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by alizma: 11:26am On Aug 19, 2021
Great

those that parade themselves as graduates and do not have a source of income do ask for assistance from me; they should be ashamed, not me.
The above is the key sentence.

22 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by ShitHead(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2021
And you're banking on bread hawking?
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Kaybee14(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2021
May God bless your new hustle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by segzysexy(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2021
Business na business. Atleast he derives pleasure in what he is currently doing. He is even a corporate bread hawker and not one petty hawker that goes around selling bread in the scorching sun. Atleast he shared his success story so others can learn from it.
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Piopener0: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2021
Just do anything you feel comfortable doing as long as it pays
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2021
Any hustle, as long as it is legit and lucrative is fine. From there he'll save up and build his own bakery.

Those saying he's clueless are the clueless ones because the guy is focused and has great prospects which will materialize in no time while some will still be slaving for the bank that can drop them at anytime without warning.

This was how the Dangotes started. I'm sure some people will have frowned at cement biz back then and called him clueless.

God bless his hustle.

10 Likes

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by wunmi590(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2021

It is well
Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by HEBEI: 11:27am On Aug 19, 2021
Don't be ashamed of your humble beginnings.

Your days of abundance will surely come.

1 Like

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by Exkandayee(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2021
This op nah mumu man, that's why I said going to university in nija no make sense,pesin go go school to become particular profession,he go come out dey work 4 bank,dey teach,dey fry akara,dey hawk,then what is the reason of going to mahadum,abeg make all of go and sit down,Las Las skul nah scam,my bsc nah waste,no student for nija dey do Wetin in read,na only our stupid doctors and nurses and ignorant engineers, make I save my anger biko

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder by sleekman(m): 11:28am On Aug 19, 2021
You be mumu. Do you know what a means to an end is? He's definitely going places. Imagine earning at least ₦1000 daily after expenses? Where exactly would he have got that from a ₦30-50k bank job? Na your type go thief because you don't want to get your hands dirty. That guy should be getting a 3wheeler or a 0.9-1.1ltr engine car soon. Bravo! Welldone Sir.

Snitch24:
Lmao
Bread Hawking
Out of all the hustle
You're definitely clueless bro
U don't have a point
From a bank job to Hawking bread on the street
Not even distributing in large scale
Omoh Dem don dey do u
I swr

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Describe Your Job? / Tony Elumelu: The Sales Boy Turned Billionaire / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.