Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Handy Prayer Points - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Handy Prayer Points (9024 Views)

Prayer Points For The Month Of December 2017 (prayerland) / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Obedience Must Be Total / 21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
1. Praying for labourers

Matthew 9:37 Then saith he uPnto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Cc didov1

5 Likes

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
2. Praying that the Word of God should have entrance into the heart of men

2 Thessalonians 3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

Acts 12:24 But the word of God grew and multiplied.

Acts 19:20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.

3 Likes

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
3. Praying that the heart of men longs for more of God

2 Thessalonians 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
4. Praying that God save men from unreasonable men

Many labourers and missionaries are neglected the moment they get to the mission field, Paul said, all men

2 Timothy 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. 17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

2 Thessalonians 3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

2 Corinthians 7:5 For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
5. That labourers be comforted in ministry

Many men of God are finding ministry a difficult place.

Many ministers of God are frustrated, church problem, those who are on the frontline are facing all sort of mental and spiritual warfares, demonic attacks and depression above all

Paul will finally say, I have all, cause you have send once and again

The Philippian church were one of those churches that stood by Paul in the area of needs

Philippians 4:15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

3 Likes

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
6. Praying the will of God.

Praying the will of God is, giving the Kingdom of God preeminence over the Kingdom of darkness

This prayer is more of warfare because its destroying the works of darkness to establish the works or will of the Father

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
7. Praying that men come to the reality of the will and dealings of God in their life.

Many of those who have a call to ministry are engage in funny activities, many are hustling on the street. Majority of them don't even know if they have the call of God upon their lives, and majority of them that knows are either not ready to go into ministry, and some don't know how to go about it, many others don't know who to run to, to train them for ministry. And thanks to the vultures who are making the real look fake, when they are gradually doing and following the pace of God, vultures are running and making those who through patience and endurance are striving for the promise look stupid and you better know how to hear God, cause vultures delights in fellowshipping with dead men, men that are not sensitive to the bell(call and dealings) of God

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Cc msngo40

2 Likes

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
8. Praying the move of God into territories

Acts 8 was the case of Philip, how he single handedly pioneered Gods move into Samaria. We can also pray men into territories and ask for the souls of men through our prayers. This is said to be good and acceptable before God our saviour

1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
9. Asking God that more souls be translated from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of His dear Son.

Its alarming the rate of kingdoms the fall of man has led to. The thing about the fall of man is, since God has given all the earth and all that's therein to man. When man fell, all went under the power of satan until rapture when everything shall be made perfect and satan shall lose total control over man, since sin is a license for the devil to tread the earth and our prayers put him to check.

We all know about Daniel, one thing is, before any divine being can come to earth, a born again must have sent prayer to permit angels into earth. Daniels prayer were answered, but his angels to answer his prayers were held or blocked, lemme close, Jesus said, watch and pray

Be sensitive and pray

Luke 18:1-8 said, men ought always to pray and not to pray

Paul in 1 Thessalonians 3:10 said, night and day, praying exceedingly

James said, he that has not offended in the word has not offended at all, in chapter 5, he said by the spirit, Elijah was a man with like passion, what fought Elijah is roaming about, seeking whom he may destroy, but, Elijah prayed earnestly that it will not rain, and it rained not, and he prayed that it might rain

Ask and you shall receive

Call unto me

Whatsoever you decree on earth shall be establish

Where two or three are gathered, without prayer, God can't do something for humanity

2 Likes

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Didov1(f): 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
praying for God to give us the grace to say those prayers...you know,the problems in life do take our attention elsewhere which gets us distracted sometimes...nice writeup

1 Like

Re: Handy Prayer Points by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:34am On Oct 27, 2017
Didov1:
praying for God to give us the grace to say those prayers...you know,the problems in life do take our attention elsewhere which gets us distracted sometimes...nice writeup

prayer for Grace and supplication. u are right dear

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hier:
7. Praying that men come to the reality of the will and dealings of God in their life.

Many of those who have a call to ministry are engage in funny activities, many are hustling on the street. Majority of them don't even know if they have the call of God upon their lives, and majority of them that knows are either not ready to go into ministry, and some don't know how to go about it, many others don't know who to run to, to train them for ministry. And thanks to the vultures who are making the real look fake, when they are gradually doing and following the pace of God, vultures are running and making those who through patience and endurance are striving for the promise look stupid and you better know how to hear God, cause vultures delights in fellowshipping with dead men, men that are not sensitive to the bell(call and dealings) of God

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Cc ms/ngo40

Hi brother,
Thanks for including me.....
Maybe it's me, but u are saying a lot here.
I need you to break it all down for me..cause I may be having a wrong interpretation here...especially the large paragraph towards the begining of your post......hmmmm.
Were u impressed to share this with me for a particular reason?
Not wanting to derail the thread....but needing to know.
Re: Handy Prayer Points by GodsMopol: 7:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
MsNgo40:

Hi brother,
Thanks for including me.....
Maybe it's me, but u are saying a lot here.
I need you to break it all down for me..cause I may be having a wrong interpretation here...especially the large paragraph towards the begining of your post......hmmmm.
Were u impressed to share this with me for a particular reason?
Not wanting to derail the thread....buut needing to know.

Your name came to me while I was writing

I knew I was impressed to write your moniker for a reason unknown to me, but, you know, people are in the dark ma, give them freedom, am hearing labourer, I had a dream yesterday, a revivalist was in town and some Christians were happy a revival was beginning, but, guess what, they didn't climb down to join him

Obadiah his some prophet in the cave, they don't want to move out, Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 7:29pm On Oct 27, 2017

I knew I was impressed to write your moniker for a reason unknown to me, but, you know, people are in the dark ma, give them freedom, am hearing labourer, I had a dream yesterday, a revivalist was in town and some Christians were happy a revival was beginning, but, guess what, they didn't climb down to join him

Cc msngo40
Re: Handy Prayer Points by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:04am On Oct 28, 2017
Hier:
1. Praying for labourers

Matthew 9:37 Then saith he uPnto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Cc didov1

Prayer for spiritual enlightenment: Dear Father,

It is your heartbeat that all men should come to the full knowledge of the truth and that is why you gave us your Son, Christ Jesus as our wisdom(1cor1vs30). We see ourselves the way you see us in Christ.

We believe, therefore have we spoken according to your truth revealed to us that, Christ Himself is our wisdom. We come into full knowledge and understanding of our rights and authority in Christ your beloved Son. Amen! Blessed be thou name forever!

3 Likes

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Sparkles003(f): 10:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hier:

Cc msngo40
This has nothing to do with this thread but I needed your input in this.
Is it wrong for a Christian is to concerned about the physical attributes of the man she would want to marry and how does one know the right man even after praying.

1 Like

Re: Handy Prayer Points by GodsMopol: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2017
Halleluhia
Re: Handy Prayer Points by Hier(m): 9:07am On Oct 29, 2017
Sparkles003:

Is it wrong for a Christian is to concerned about the physical attributes of the man she would want to marry and how does one know the right man even after praying.

I believe there is a man for a woman, the Bible said, God created them male and female

Well, I won't advise you to marry a man who has not made it, or has the tendency of making it
I mean his financial status must be such that, you are still have a good living even after marriage.

Well, if you are well off, you can help him stand, but you are required to still submit under him(1Peter3:1, Eph 5:22. I see nothing bad in a rich girl marrying a broke guy, what matters is, they can still marry and still maintain a sound standard of living.

Well, that's all I can say about physical attribute

About having prayed, how do you know the right man

Well, I will have told you to do as the Holy Ghost impress on you. I believe Msngo40 can relate better with your question

Am very sorry, I don't have an answer for that.
Re: Handy Prayer Points by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:

I believe there is a man for a woman, the Bible said, God created them male and female

Well, I won't advise you to marry a man who has not made it, or has the tendency of making it
I mean his financial status must be such that, you are still have a good living even after marriage.

Well, if you are well off, you can help him stand, but you are required to still submit under him(1Peter3:1, Eph 5:22. I see nothing bad in a rich girl marrying a broke guy, what matters is, they can still marry and still maintain a sound standard of living.

Well, I will have told you to do as the Holy Ghost impress on you. I believe Msngo40 can relate better with your question

Did u read her question at all or u didn't understand it? By "physical attributes", she's talking about physical appearances or looks, but u go on and on about financial status.

2 Likes

Re: Handy Prayer Points by fixedfootball00: 9:45am On Oct 29, 2017
yes
you re the next to testify

Re: Handy Prayer Points by GodsMopol: 9:50am On Oct 29, 2017
10. Praying that God covers the earth with the knowledge of glory of God, in the remote and stuff regions of the earth

Habb 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

1 Like

Re: Handy Prayer Points by GodsMopol: 9:56am On Oct 29, 2017
aflyingbird:
Did u read her question at all or u didn't understand it? By "physical attributes", she's talking about physical appearances or looks, but u go on and on about financial status.

What makes you feel she've not considered that?
Re: Handy Prayer Points by fixedfootball00: 9:58am On Oct 29, 2017
hAPPY SUNDAY
YOU RE THE NEXT TO TESTIFY

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 29, 2017
GodsMopol:

What makes you feel she've not considered that?
I'm not saying she hasn't considered that. Anyone who's thinking about marriage will think about finances, but that was not what her question was.

1 Like

Re: Handy Prayer Points by Saverin: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2017
Hier

I need prayer for Nigeria in great disarray
Re: Handy Prayer Points by alan333(m): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2017
Physical attributes or appearance has nothing to do with relationship,love or marriage in this dispensation-personalty is on the inside!

Every man/woman has a dual nature,the man/woman on the inside,i.e.heart is what matters not the physical attributes/appearance,and this is the area many women tends to miss it all.Nevertheless,every woman has her own Man-Matthew19vs4!find yours today;and to be sure you ain't in wrong hands,one has to take a spiritual/giant step b4 saying "YES" i do.
Re: Handy Prayer Points by emmyN(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sparkles003:

There is nothing wrong in having concerns about the physical appearance of your would-be partner. In fact it's advisable to marry someone you're physically attracted to. Though marriage is a spiritual union, it's the body that consummates it. So while looking at the innate attributes, we mustn't ignore the eros.

For your second question, you need to sharpen yourself to hear what the Spirit is saying. The mistake many people make us waiting till when it's time to get married before seeking to know how God speaks. Many times, they get misled by their human reasonings and take it for the voice of God. Now that you're still in spinsterhood, learn to cultivate the consciousness of His presence. You need it all life round. Until then, I don't think you're ready for marriage
Re: Handy Prayer Points by Sparkles003(f): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
Hier:

by physical I ment general appearance.(face,dressing,fleets,e.t.c)
Re: Handy Prayer Points by Sparkles003(f): 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
alan333:
Physical attributes or appearance has nothing to do with relationship,love or marriage in this dispensation-personalty is on the inside!

Every man/woman has a dual nature,the man/woman on the inside,i.e.heart is what matters not the physical attributes/appearance,and this is the area many women tends to miss it all.Nevertheless,every woman has her own Man-Matthew19vs4!find yours today;and to be sure you ain't in wrong hands,one has to take a
spiritual/giant step b4 saying "YES" i do.
Don't you think if I decided to overlook the physical attributes that might make me lust after other men (even if I don't act on the lust)which is a sin.
Example I like a man who puts an effort into his appearance from hair to feet..I dislike potbelly.....but a guy comes to me and says hello blah blah blah please can I have your number...now as a Christian you not suppose to look down on anyone so you ignore his shabby look and potbelly(thinking let me not be disrespectful)......so you say alright and you give it knowing deep within you that anything apart from friendship is a no....so he starts calling and blah blah blah blah and then he finally tells you I want a courtship and you say you not interested and the next thing hr says is are you God.
Re: Handy Prayer Points by Sparkles003(f): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
emmyN:

There is nothing wrong in having concerns about the physical appearance of your would-be partner. In fact it's advisable to marry someone you're physically attracted to. Though marriage is a spiritual union, it's the body that consummates it. So while looking at the innate attributes, we mustn't ignore the eros.

For your second question, you need to sharpen yourself to hear what the Spirit is saying. The mistake many people make us waiting till when it's time to get married before seeking to know how God speaks. Many times, they get misled by their human reasonings and take it for the voice of God. Now that you're still in spinsterhood, learn to cultivate the consciousness of His presence. You need it all life round. Until then, I don't think you're ready for marriage
Thank you
Re: Handy Prayer Points by potbelly(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
Why do you dislike me... cry
Sparkles003:

Don't you think if I decided to overlook the physical attributes that might make me lust after other men (even if I don't act on the lust)which is a sin.
Example I like a man who puts an effort into his appearance from hair to feet..I dislike potbelly.....but a guy comes to me and says hello blah blah blah please can I have your number...now as a Christian you not suppose to look down on anyone so you ignore his shabby look and potbelly(thinking let me not be disrespectful)......so you say alright and you give it knowing deep within you that anything apart from friendship is a no....so he starts calling and blah blah blah blah and then he finally tells you I want a courtship and you say you not interested and the next thing hr says is are you God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yasir Quadhi: Problems With The Preservation Of The Quran / Nairaland 2013 Watch-Night Service / Can I Have Dreadlocks As A Christian??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.