Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? (1601 Views)

How Did This Item Get Into These Bottles? / Why Do Nigerians Take Their Parents Corpses To The Village For Burial ? / Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders A Young Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
Especially mother...

I am 23, other siblings 21 and youngest 19

Dad is still alive, mother died age 52

I have now become an atheist, and I am so upset that this has happened to me.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
well
death is inevitable
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Bibi294(f): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
Dear, everyone will die including you and I.. You don't have to be an atheist o... There's a purpose for everything..
If she's alive giving you probs nko? Don't you see mad people around? Have you ever been to the psychiatrist? ICU nko? Some are as good as dead...
A woman died on Monday, everyone was thanksful she died... do you know why? She was a walking corpse already...
Be thanksful for your mum... Brace yourself up, you're the new mum... Cater for your siblings and make her happy... May God be with you
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
I lost my loving father to cancer about 14 months ago while I was holding his hand. I was 19 back then. I was damaged before it, but it totally destroyed me beyond repair. I also lost my 2 loving dogs 8 and 5 months ago.

How I'm coping? By remanding myself that once I died, I will not going to worry about it since I will be nothing for eternal. Me (since 4-5 years ago) and both my parents (for a very long time) are also non- believer. I really want to revert to my Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity faith, but my brain is saying no.

I recently skipped university registration, so that it motivates me to get out of here as quickly as possible. My family thinks I'm in, but I'm in the point that I don't care about most things anymore (I'm not functioning properly).
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by czarina(f): 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
You'll cope. Might seem nearly impossible to go on but I assure you, it will pass. #from someone who pulled through smiley
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 28, 2017
czarina:
You'll cope. Might seem nearly impossible to go on but I assure you, it will pass. #from someone who pulled through smiley

What is your story? who did you lose?
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 28, 2017
Evaberry:
well

death is inevitable

have you lost any1 close b4?
Bibi294:
Dear, everyone will die including you and I.. You don't have to be an atheist o... There's a purpose for everything..
If she's alive giving you probs nko? Don't you see mad people around? Have you ever been to the psychiatrist? ICU nko? Some are as good as dead...
A woman died on Monday, everyone was thanksful she died... do you know why? She was a walking corpse already...
Be thanksful for your mum... Brace yourself up, you're the new mum... Cater for your siblings and make her happy... May God be with you

Have you lost any1 close b4?
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 28, 2017
Hati13:
I lost my loving father to cancer about 14 months ago while I was holding his hand. I was 19 back then. I was damaged before it, but it totally destroyed me beyond repair. I also lost my 2 loving dogs 8 and 5 months ago.

How I'm coping? By remanding myself that once I died, I will not going to worry about it since I will be nothing for eternal. Me (since 4-5 years ago) and both my parents (for a very long time) are also non- believer. I really want to revert to my Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity faith, but my brain is saying no.

I recently skipped university registration, so that it motivates me to get out of here as quickly as possible. My family thinks I'm in, but I'm in the point that I don't care about most things anymore (I'm not functioning properly).

Sorry.

I could not bear to be with my mum when she died it would have been too traumatising, but my dad was there.

Why is your brain saying no about going back to Christianity?

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 28, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Sorry.

I could not bear to be with my mum when she died it would have been too traumatising, but my dad was there.

Why is your brain saying no about going back to Christianity?
Because I for sure know that some religions are man made creation while others are alien creation.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 28, 2017
Hati13:

Because I for sure know that some religions are man made creation while others are alien creation.

True.

Do u think it is harder to lose mum or dad
Are u female or male ?
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

True.

Do u think it is harder to lose mum or dad
Are u female or male ?
Both are hard to lose, but the magnitude difference from person to person. For me, since I love both of them equally, it's the same.

I'm a male
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2017
Hati13:

Life(our current economic/social system) is a kind of a circle of events -

√ Birth
√ the kid ^^ goes to school
√ The kid ^^ gets a job/independence from parents
√ The kid becomes the parent
√ Birth
√ Cycle repeats

(And yes, its stupid.)

It takes a certain instilled momentum to stay in the cycle like a rat on a running mill.

What happened to you is that your trauma and stress got you "awakened" and attracted to life outside the running mill. The problem with that is that the system punishes those who are in rebellion against it.

You were in the second stage, and by walking off the race you have put undermined your future source of sustenance. You are right. It is intentional. B it also creates another source of stress - about your family finding out. You may end up killing yourself not for the first reason, but because of the hopelessness and you are creating for your future now. I urge you to get back on the mill and persevere together with the rest of us smiley

Who knows, maybe your next stage in the cycle(creating your own wealth) will be more enjoyable grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 28, 2017
Muafrika2:

Life(our current economic/social system) is a kind of a circle of events -

√ Birth
√ the kid ^^ goes to school
√ The kid ^^ gets a job/independence from parents
√ The kid becomes the parent
√ Birth
√ Cycle repeats

(And yes, its stupid.)

It takes a certain instilled momentum to stay in the cycle like a rat on a running mill.

What happened to you is that your trauma and stress got you "awakened" and attracted to life outside the running mill. The problem with that is that the system punishes those who are in rebellion against it.

You were in the second stage, and by walking off the race you have put undermined your future source of sustenance. You are right. It is intentional. B it also creates another source of stress - about your family finding out. You may end up killing yourself not for the first reason, but because of the hopelessness and you are creating for your future now. I urge you to get back on the mill and persevere together with the rest of us smiley

Who knows, maybe your next stage in the cycle(creating your own wealth) will be more enjoyable grin

I sometimes wonder who is this brilliant "Muafrika2" who always explain things in a fun and productive ways. Thank you very much. smiley
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 28, 2017
Hati13:

I sometimes wonder who is this brilliant "Muafrika2" who always explain things in a fun and productive ways. Thank you very much. smiley
Thank you,

smiley smiley
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Bibi294(f): 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Have you lost any1 close b4?
Yes... My first love... I thought I wouldn't be able to find one again... Just brace yourself and moveon
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2017
Bibi294:

Yes... My first love... I thought I wouldn't be able to find one again... Just brace yourself and moveon

See your head.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Bibi294(f): 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

See your head.
Like yours ehn grin... You asked if I've ever lose a loved one and I replied yes... You think our family are the only loved ones we have?
Those who lose their fiancé and husby can explain better...
My two cents, move on
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 29, 2017
Hati13:

Both are hard to lose, but the magnitude difference from person to person. For me, since I love both of them equally, it's the same.

I'm a male

'nothing can change that my mum is dead' -- i thought with GOD all things are possible?

'Who do you think you are, to feel others should lose their own mothers because they don't live to the society's expectations?' I feel that if someone is following GOD living a GODLY life they should enjoy a blessed life, whereas if someone is LIVING IN SIN and not doing Gods will they will not enjoy a blessed life.. so I am confused when I who used to evangelise, pray at midnight, fast, living a godly life, still a virgin age 24, follow GOD etc have such a destroyed life today... no job, no school (dropped out), brother disabled, mother suffered and died, ugly, unhappy and bitter whereas people who used to laugh at me for praying to GOD and reading my bible at lunch break , those who used to say they are atheists are now enjoying a blessed life with both parents alive, jobs and education completed....

Is it NOT a mockery? she who LIVES IN SIN- fornication, lives with boyfriend, curses people in arguments, tattoos everywhere etc, does not go to church is telling ME that she is praying for me... me, who evangelise, pray at midnight, fast, living a godly life, still a virgin age 24, follow GOD etc have such a destroyed life today... SHE is the one pitying me when it should be the other way round.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
I lost my mum 9yrs ago, few days to 100 level 2nd semester exam. She dead of illness. Sigh! She single handedly brought 3 of us up, I'm d second born. My eyes are cleared, emotional feelings have all gone, zero remorse. A friend of mine called she just lost her mum nd I was laughing. Bizarre!
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
emperorgoke:
I lost my mum 9yrs ago, few days to 100 level 2nd semester exam. She dead of illness. Sigh! She single handedly brought 3 of us up, I'm d second born. My eyes are cleared, emotional feelings have all gone, zero remorse. A friend of mine called she just lost her mum nd I was laughing. Bizarre!

That is like me!

My heart is more harder like stone..

Y do u think this is..
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
emperorgoke:

Do u still believe in God? Where is your dad?
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Do u still believe in God? Where is your dad?
I do believe in God. I'm from a polygamous family, dad nd mum not living together, we were living separately. Trauma effects is simply d cause.

(1) (Reply)

Ere Ibeji / . / The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.